Mercedes fuel line replacement
Knights as (not really) regional units
2023.06.03 00:45 Alastan Knights as (not really) regional units
| || | submitted by Alastan to aoe2 [link] [comments]
I know this game isn't really bent on dead on historical accuracy, but does it bother you that Koreans, Malians and Cumans, for example, have access to archetypal european knights? Now, seeing as knights are one of (if not THE) most important units in the game, I understand that no changes can really be made gameplay wise
... But what about some flavor? I propose this: make knights a regional unit for european civs, and replace them for the other civs with a reskin of the Knight > Cavalier line, renamed for example "Heavy Cavalry" and "Elite Heavy Cavalry" (their stats would be exactly the same as the knight and cavalier, keeping the meta as is and not changing gameplay that much, but giving the game a lot of flavor and making knights a more "unique" unit). A possible model is already in game in the form of the Sogdian cataphract (as seen in the picture above): their golden armor differenciates them from steppe lancers and is really cool, adding variety to the game and making it a little bit less innacurate historically. As it stands, the civs that would keep the knight line would be the following ones:
17 civs, while 17 other would get the Heavy cavalry line instead of Knights (or maybe the heavy cavalry is the standard line, and knights the "unique" regional unit for european civs). Aztecs, Mayans, Incas, Gurjaras, Dravidians and Hindustanis would get neither.
However, there's still the matter of 3 civs that would lose the Paladin upgrade: Cumans, Persians and Huns. I propose 3 alternative solutions: Cumans:
Make Steppe Husbandry buff their Elite Heavy Cavalry to put them on par or slightly less powerful than Paladins. Persians
: In need of a buff and most of all a little flavor to make the civ less boring, they could get a unique replacement for heavy cavalry, the Savaran knights
, with their elite version being similar as a paladin but getting a small bonus vs unique units. Huns
: Just give them access to Steppe lancers already (my god, I don't know why they don't have them after all this time) and extend their cav archer discount to them. Currently no civ can train cheaper SL (mongols have more HP, tatars more armor and cumans are faster). If it's too much, give them a new bonus that grants Steppe lancers +1 melee armor in castle and imperial age (+2 total).
What do you think?
2023.06.03 00:44 bobbobbylobster BCX3800 Commercial Brushcutter - replacement string line heads?
- I’ve got a BCX3800 brushcutter that I use to keep an easement under control - thick grass mainly. The original line head has worn through the plastic. Before I buy the same as a replacement, does anyone know of better options? Do Stihl or other heads fit? Any suggestions welcome.
submitted by bobbobbylobster
to egopowerplus [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:44 MickeyMoose555 New plugin suggestion: EQDex! (Long)
I'm just gonna copy this from my post in the image line forums in case some things don't make sense in context
So I have had this idea for a while but I've been wanting it a lot more recently as I have thought of more features it could have. I noticed that if Vocodex's lower half were an EQ, it could have a lot of functionality that could compare to some leading effect plugins. This plugin could be a freeform equalizer, a de esser, a Trackspacer alternative, a Soothe2 alternative, a Gullfoss alternative, a spectral gate, and probably a lot more things that I can't think of. I'll explain how it can do those things in a bit. If I can figure out how to embed images, I will start using images of existing plugins to give visual aid to what I am saying. For now, verbal explanation will have to do.
I started looking at Vocodex as an eq when I was first looking to buy Pitchmap and wanted to get similar functionality within FL Studio. Setting Vocodex's band count to 96 will distribute bands evenly across semitones, and by manually drawing out the pentatonic scale you can add the colour bass tonality to the input sound. You can then select all of the points and reposition them depending on the scale of the song. The only issue with this is that the sound you feed in is still self-vocoded which is typically unwanted. If you set the modulator to a very fast sine sweep and turn only the hold to 100% with the others at 0%, you can essentially freeze the vocoder's bands and treat Vocodex as a freeform eq. However, it will still have the watery sound by the nature of Vocodex. With different methods, I found that Vocodex could also replicate the features of a freehand equalizer, Trackspacer, or Soothe if only it acted like a proper equalizer rather than a mistreated vocoder.
What if instead, there was a separate plugin that turned the lower half of Vocodex into an actual eq? It would have an interface similar to Vocodex and similar settings you could adjust. Band Gain Multiplier which would let you draw the equalizer shape, Band Distribution would let you adjust the placement of the bands, and Band Gain Offset could affect the level of each band linearly. Band Width could also be implemented, though its uses would be relatively limited. You could also have a variable number of bands like Vocodex so you could adjust the detail of the equalizer. With fewer bands, band distribution could be difficult to fine-tune, so specific frequency ranges would be impossible to pinpoint. For this reason, you could also adjust band width/distribution by dragging the edge of the band where you want it. The interface could also have an FFT analyzer so you can tell visually what part of the spectrum you are affecting.
The plugin I have in mind is essentially EQUO with many more features, and I was imagining it could potentially replace EQUO and adopt its notable features, like analyzing input audio and drawing a curve based on the input frequency content, the invertible mix knob which flips the eq curve when brought below 0%, and saving different banks to morph between (similar to Multiband Delay). I believe EQUO could have a lot more potential and usefulness with these new features.
Each band of the equalizer would also be a compressor, based on the input signal or a sidechain input. This would allow it to become a resonance suppressor like Soothe2 when the compressors are affected by the main input, or a multiband sidechain like the current Patcher preset or Trackspacer when the compressors react to a sidechain input. The threshold and attack/release of each band's compressor would be controlled like the band gain multiplier in Vocodex is currently controlled. With three bands aligned properly, the plugin could become a de esser, which is why dragging the edge of a band to adjust its range would be useful. Lowering the band gain offset across the entire spectrum could turn the plugin into a "spectral" noise gate. The plugin could also have a delta mode that would let you hear what the plugin is removing. This feature could be used to hear only the resonances of the signal, or it could turn the plugin right back into a vocoder when analyzing what a sidechain input is removing.
The band distribution could be adjusted to target any part of the frequency spectrum, for example targeting only the high end of the signal for finer precision in resonance suppression. There could also be a setting that will automatically level the frequency spectrum similar to Gullfoss. It could even be used to create impulse responses that match the frequency curve of an input signal if you wanted to recreate the eq curve of a room. There could be different settings to allow for linear phase processing if the bands are too thin and begin to ring. If you wanted more quality than the 100 bands allow, you can chain the plugin in Patcher and distribute the bands of each such that they are continuous, and doing this multiple times could give you a 300 or 400 band eq that you can then use for finer resonance suppression, eq matching, etc. Each band could also have a peak controller for Patcher wizards to use, but that is not an entirely necessary feature and may be overkill with a 100 band equalizer.
I would love to see this plugin in FL Studio, and I'm sure people could find even more uses for it than I specified. I’m curious to hear what people think of this idea!
submitted by MickeyMoose555
to FL_Studio [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:44 chickenmaster04 Don’t overthink problems guys!
| || |
After spending the past couple months working on my e12 BMW, I decided to clean up my neglected r50. It cleaned up great, however upon driving it, the car had severely low power. Alongside this, an oil pressure light illuminated on my way to work. submitted by chickenmaster04 to MINI [link] [comments]
Naturally I was freaked out, but considering I was a block away from work and the pressure light went out when the car was revved, I limped it to work.
Now onto the overthinking part. Both fixes were super simple, checking the dipstick revealed no oil. Filling the car with almost three quarts of oil completely resolved the pressure problem. No oil has leaked out thus far, leading me to understand that I simply parked it that way like an idiot.
As for the lack of power, pulling the codes revealed a 1) O2 sensor code. 2)lean code. 3) another O2 code for my post cat [Ignore this, the car has a wideband there] and 4) a Knock sensor code.
Pairing all this up, I looked at live data and realized my fuel trims were at 30% Something was completely screwed up. Most people would be scared, but looking holistically, I thought about why the car was knocking. Rich will make a car knock. What is making the car rich? The broken O2 sensor of course. Replacing the O2 sensor will pull the fuel trims back to zero, and will likely solve my knocking and rich codes. I plan to follow that up with some seafoam to clean out the carbon that is almost guaranteed to be there from running so rich. This will also likely solve my lack of power problem.
Lack of power in this scenario is from my knock sensor condition. When a car sees knocking, the easiest way for it to mitigate it is to remove timing from spark. Removing timing will severely pull power from the engine, thus the car is tractor slow.
In the end, don’t neglect your car, especially the r50/3 models, they’re so simple and easy to understand.
TLDR, an O2 sensor is causing lack of power and other codes. Ignoring oil level will cause low pressure.
2023.06.03 00:41 Familiar_Echidna_330 [FREEMIUM] WP Fast Total Search - The Story of a Plugin That Has Been Revived
| || | submitted by Familiar_Echidna_330 to WordpressPlugins [link] [comments]
Ladies and gentlemen developers, Wordpress users!
I would like to tell you my story, or rather the story of the development of one of my plugins (for our beloved Wordpress, of course). I'm talking about WP Fast Total Search plugin
A long time ago, when plugin development wasn't yet a trend, I worked as a freelancer and very often did some work related to Wordpress. Edits, tweaks, well you know it all very well. And one typical task in any project would drive me into a stupor - it took the most time and thought-power. And yes, it was full-text search.
WP Fulltext Search (now WP Fast Total Search)
The problems of full-text search in WordPress
When you just need to search the content of a publication or a title, there's no problem at all, this functionality is built into Wordpress and works more or less fine (far from fine, in fact).
The most common search method that's implemented in the Wordpress core is based on "WHERE ... LIKE" MySQL construction and this method only works quickly on small amounts of information. If you have 30k posts or more, you may notice a serious slowdown in your search. The bottom line is that search results usually leave a lot to be desired - it only computes the relevance very roughly (or, to be more precise, it doesn't compute relevance at all, it just checks to see how many words it finds and how many it doesn't). And the search results are therefore displayed in order based on publication date, which makes no sense at all.
This problem is solved by some plugins that set FULLTEXT index on `post_title` and `post_content` fields and replace "WHERE ...LIKE" with a more modern "MATCH...AGAINST" construct. This construct greatly improves search because there is real relevance, because MySQL has a special mechanism inside that creates a full-text index. But this solution is not without disadvantages. And on top of that the rest of the problems remain unsolved. I should tell you about them too, just to give you a complete picture.
The second major drawback is that inline search works only with `post_title` and `post_content` fields, it does not in any way affect search in meta-fields, taxonomies, author name, shortcode content and other fine things that are not included normally in `post_content`. Yes, you can still write custom code that looks for text in meta-fields, but if your meta value is in serialized or json format, you're in for a few hours of custom coding. You'll have to come up with a query which will use LIKE to find content in JSON, avoiding those escape characters.
Get to the point, please
Long story short, I've decided that such search torment shouldn't come my way (and by the same token, all WordPress developers) and decided to make a free plugin that does just that:
- It implements an efficient and extremely fast index internally, which is flexible enough to calculate relevance according to customised coefficients, support phrase-based search and digest large amounts of text data.
- It integrates into the WordPress infrastructure, making the most of existing code and necessarily using the WP_Query() class as an entry point.
- It allows you to stack not only post titles and content, but also any post-related data, such as meta-values, taxonomies, author names, attachment file content and even (if you want) dynamically generated data, into the search index.
- It should automatically synchronise the contents of WordPress tables and the index, so that when any data changes, it's updated inside the index as well.
- It should not use or modify standard WordPress tables (for example, it should not add a full-text index to wp_posts!), so that disabling the plugin won't cause any problems.
- It improves the output by highlighting the words found, so that it's similar to Google Search output (well, agree, it's very convenient and visual).
- It must not use any external services, and should only run on PHP and MySQL, so that it can be run on Shared Hosting without any problems.
These are in general just the basic requirements, which, by the way, were successfully implemented in a few months. (Initially this plugin was called "WP Fulltext Search", but I decided to rename it.)
Then I improved this plugin, made a beautiful admin panel, accelerated search algorithm and made additional modifications, and of course used it in all my projects on Wordpress.
Unfortunately, due to the fact that I don't have any marketing skills, this plugin didn't get the proper distribution. Now the plugin has been downloaded and installed by around 1,500 users, despite the fact that it is completely free. And the main niche was occupied by paid solutions, the authors of which, apparently, are more pumped up in marketing. Therefore I suspended development of the plugin about a year ago, believing that people are perfectly happy with other tools.
However, during last 2 months I got more than 10 messages where people told me that my plugin surpassed even paid solutions by search speed and customization flexibility, but it lacked some important features. And that's why I decided to resume work on it.
So, the following items are already in the works:
- Add stemming (it's a thing that automatically bites off word endings to get more relevant results).
- Add the ability to use synonyms and stop words. With stop-words a separate talk - too frequent words (and, or, a) greatly slow down the search and increase memory consumption, so this is important by other reasons too).
- Add search query builder - now in order to limit search by, for example, post type, you have to write custom code. This is very inconvenient. A visual constructor would help.
- Add an index builder - currently only post titles and content get into the index by default, and everything else has to be added by custom code (although it's pretty simple and well described in documentation).
- Add more nice features - like data clustering in the index, add file types in the content of which the plugin can search for text and more.
And I'm really interested to hear your suggestions on this - you've probably already used the plugin or have just tried it out
Really, there's no reason not to use WP Fast Total Search
- it's completely free, and search looks a lot better with it, even if you don't plan to search on custom meta-fields or taxonomies.
And post in the comments if you'd be interested in participating in the development or following the progress.
And I'd be extremely grateful if you could post a review of the plugin somewhere on your blog, if you write articles, we could even partner up
- the plugin has a paid version
(which is very rarely in demand, as almost all the functionality implemented is in the free version), but extra penny is never too much. I will send you 35% from the any purchase, since I can not make a marketing myself.
Thanks for reading to the end :) Have a great day.
Sincerely yours, Alexey Khaydukov, the author of the WP Fast Total Search.
2023.06.03 00:39 synthymints Dell XPS 15 9500 Having Power On and Frozen Screen Issues - Any Insight Appreciated!
| || | submitted by synthymints to Dell [link] [comments]
Hello! I’ve been using a Dell XPS 15 9500 for about two years now. I’ve had some minor issues with my computer over the course of several months (nothing that I really worried over), but they’ve become a lot worse recently. The issues mainly relate to my computer crashing, having trouble powering on, and suddenly freezing the screen. Here is a list of them:
- The screen suddenly freezes when I am in the middle of using it. The cursor will not move at all and no keyboard buttons will work. Sometimes, there is even a visible glitch on the screen that looks like a rainbowy line, which can be seen in the first part of the video (don’t mind me watching Peak Time).
- When the screen freezes like I described in 1, my only option is to hold down the power button and force my computer to turn off. It turns off just fine, but powering it back on comes with a whole new batch of challenges.
- To turn it back on, I hold down the power button again. However, it struggles immensely to power on. What happens a lot is that the keyboard will light up and the Dell logo will pop up on the screen for a little bit before everything just crashes back to black again. This happens many in a row, like a never ending cycle: keyboard lights up, Dell logo pops up, everything goes to black, repeat. At its worse, this cycle has continued for an entire day or two. This can be seen in the the next two parts of the video attached.
- Sometimes my computer does manage to turn back on. However, it does some weird stuff before actually letting me sign on. One thing it does is flash through different solid color screens, which can be seen in the last part of the video.
- When my computer gets through the whole color changing screen phase, it sometimes comes to a page where it asks to complete a time-of-day set up program with the options “Continue,” “BIOS Setup,” and “Diagnostics.” If I hit continue, it usually lets me log back on. Or, it’ll come to a screen where it says Windows didn’t load properly and gives me the option to restart again, which usually works too.
Things I’ve Tried/Thought Of:
- I uninstalled unnecessary applications, which probably has nothing to do with it, but it was a nice spring cleaning.
- I got some insight that it might be the CMOS battery that needed replacement, but it turns out my computer model doesn’t use a CMOS battery.
- I also got help to go through with BIOS updates, which honestly helped immensely. The problem was totally fixed for a few days, but then it came back.
So yeah, hopefully everything I wrote is clear and understandable enough, the issues are kind of hard to describe lol. There are times when my computer works completely fine and times when it just malfunctions like this. It always eventually manages to turn back on of course, but it’s quite a hindrance when it freezes in the middle of my work and I have to spend an hour coaxing it back alive. Plus, the duration that it’s normal for varies; it can work perfectly fine for hours on end or crash every five minutes or not turn back on for an entire day. It’s very difficult to solve computer problems when your computer won’t turn on half of the time. It’s been preventing me from doing my best work, limiting my productivity, and overall causing lots of frustration.
If anyone has ever encountered similar problems or might have some computer knowledge/insight as to what might be causing this, please let me know! Thank you!
2023.06.03 00:38 skifans Milan to Tirano disruption this summer - affects Bernina Express passengers continuing to Italy
The Bernina Pass is one of the most stunning rail routes in Europe - and a popular option for people interrailing. Lots of people continue beyond Tirano to Italy - and there are unfortunately 2 separate causes of disruptions on the Milan to Tirano route this summer affecting anyone thinking of doing that.
Firstly pre-planned engineering work has closed the line between between Tirano and Sondrio from 11th June to 10th September 2023 - with that section being replaced by buses.
Secondly on the 19th May 2023 a landslide on a different section of the same line as closed the line between Lierna & Bellano. A replacement bus is running non stop between Lecco and Colico - the reason for using these further out stations is so that the bus can stick to the highway rather than going down the local lakeshore roads. The smaller villages between Lierna & Bellano are being served by a replacement boat service. At the moment there is no public date for how long this will last.
Interrail passes are accepted on all the replacement buses and ferries but if using a mobile pass you may need to add them manually. If you want to travel this route (the Bernina Pass is stunning!) you will therefore need to:
Get a train from Milan to Lecco. Then a bus from Lecco to Colico. A 2nd train from Colico to Sondrio. Then a 2nd bus from Sondrio to Tirano. (or the reverse in the other direction).
As well as the extra faff this will add about an extra 30-45 minutes heading South (Tirano -> Milan) to the end to/end journey times, and 60+ minutes heading North. Particularly if you are heading North and have a reservation in one of the panoramic carriages rather then using local trains you will need to leave Milan earlier. If have seat reservations beyond Milan that day make sure you will have enough time.
The times for the replacement buses from Tirano to Sondrio are available in the Trenord journey planner at: https://www.trenord.it/en/
More information on the landslide is at: https://www.trenord.it/en/news/trenord-informs/notices/from-monday-buses-and-boats-will-be-in-service-on-the-milan-lierna-and-sondrio-bellano-routes/ and the times of the replacement buses/ferries can be found at: https://trenord-europe-trenord-endpoint-prd.azureedge.net/fileadmin/contenuti/TRENORD/3-News/Trenord_Informa/Avvisi/2023/AvvisoTrenord_2023_069_interr_lierna_bellano-_new_new.pdf
At the moment Rail Planner is not showing any service after the 10th June across the whole route - this is incorrect - check both pages on the Trenord website.
Alternatively there are some other routes from Tirano into Italy to consider - these will likley add just as much extra time (and probably more) but it depends on your specific journey - and might be worth considering if you are mostly after a scenic ride through the alps:
There is a bus from Tirano to Lugano. Unusually this is included in interrail though you need a seat reservation. The bus leaves Tirano at 1420 reaching Lugano at 1730. In the other direction it leaves Lugano at 1000 reaching Tirano at 1300. This bus will show in the Rail Planner app for adding to an electronic pass but you must search to/from "Tirano Stazione Bus" rather than "Tirano". This bus does not run year round (and in the shoulder season does not run every day) but is running daily until 22nd October 2023. https://imgur.com/a/hwqjYvF There is more information at: https://tickets.rhb.ch/en/pages/bernina-express
Seat reservations for the bus cannot be bought through the Interrail Reservation Service but can be bought through https://shop.rhb.ch/en/bernina-express by following these steps: https://imgur.com/a/O1O0rNb Note that is is very popular - most June departures are already full. With most July departures only having a handful of seats left.
From Lugano regular trains run to Milan.
Another option is to get the local bus from Tirano to Edolo - these are not included in interrail and you will need to buy a seperate ticket. Buses leave Tirano at 0840, 1040 and 1240 taking 65 minutes. In the other direction buses leave Edolo at 0915, 1115, 1515 and 1715. There is no service on Sunday. You can check times at https://www.busperego.com/en/pdf-timetable (route A061) or on Google Maps. From Edolo trains run approximately every 2 hours to Brescia. Until late July this line is also replaced by buses between Breno and Edolo. However from 30th July direct through trains will largely return. Again check times from Edolo to Brescia at: https://www.trenord.it/en/ - this can be a good option if you are heading more to the North East of Italy (eg Verona, Venice).
Or you could get the ferry from Colico to Como - https://www.comoanditslake.com/timetablenavigation.htm (the current timetable is only valid until 4th June - hopefully a new one will appear imminently) - there are a few departures a day but journey times vary wildly depending on the number of intermediate stops. Once you arrive into Como it is about a 1km walk to the main San Giovanni station for fast trains to Milan - or the smaller Nord Lago station is about a 500m walk. The ferry is not included in interrail and you would still need to get the replacement bus from Tirano to Sondrio.
A final suggestion is to use local bus 811 between Zernez and Mals railway stations. This avoids the Bernina pass but still gives you a nice scenic right through the heart of the alps. More information on the bus is at https://www.postauto.ch/en/leisure-offers/excursion-tips/2022/zernez-mals-nauders-scuol - note that the 0934 and 1134 departures from Zernez require advance booking. As do groups of more than 10 on all departures. This can be made through that link. Times can also be found on Google Maps. The bus is not included in interrail - and nor are the Südtirolmobil trains which serve Mals. Once you reach Meran you can switch to Trenitalia and use your pass. Note though the engineering works are also affecting the Südtirolmobil line from Mals to Meran leading to replacement buses over varying parts of it: https://www.suedtirolmobil.info/en/news/details/venosta-vinschgau-valley-railway-1
And you can of course get one of the direct Zurich/elsewhere in Switzerland to Milan high speed trains - still scenic but not as much as heading right up into the alps! If you can and have the time I do still strongly think it is worth going over the Bernina pass and not trying to discourage anyone from doing so - more just trying to make sure no one gets an unpleasant surprise.
submitted by skifans
to Interrail [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:32 zeekoes [WP] Humanity... Should have lost. The hordes were too great- our numbers to small. However, we broke time itself to unite a team. A team of the most skilled, unhinged, most dangerous individuals... We called them: Seraphs.
The following document outlines our proposal for the composition of Project: SERAPH. These individuals have been selected for a variety of characteristics and laurels that were deemed integral to the success of the project and ensure the continued existence of our species.
Subject one – Charlemagne – Codename: THE UNIFIER
This subject has been selected for his unique ability to unite people of different cultural backgrounds. He also possesses a keen sense for strategy and facilitates the development of knowledge and processing of information. He can both present himself as a diplomat or a tyrant based on what the presented situation warrants. A man of courage and conviction, he will be one of the pillars of the Seraphs.
Subject two – William the Conqueror – Codename: THE STRATEGIST
This subject has been selected for his skill in strategy and timing as well as bring an unrelenting ambition to the table. Our expectations are that – besides his battlefield manipulation – his strong personality will quell any internal friction. He is able to adapt to new technology when presented, which will be our key to victory over our enemy.
Subject three – Genghis Khan – Codename: THE SUBJUGATOR
A brutal warlord that will enable the Seraphs to not only possess the means necessary to turn the tide in the war on paper, but execute it in battle. His brutality can be used to intimidate opposing forces. However, he also possesses the ability to implement a top down structure within the team, to facilitate all areas to work together and at full capacity.
Subject four – Socrates – Codename: THE PHILOSOPHER
A man of philosophy and debate. While not useful in actual warfare, he will provide the Seraphs with insight and the ability to test theories, before resources are spend on executing them. Not scared to voice his opinion, nor to test those of others, his ability to scout weaknesses in information structures and battlefield analysis can prove integral to our success.
Subject five – Joan of Arc – Codename: HOLY SWORD
With an innate ability to inspire and drive forward our forces she is indispensable. She will fuel our efforts through rhetoric and zeal, making sure our enemies will never underestimate us. Her word can bind even the most desperate of men to courage and push us over the edge in battles we might on paper have already lost.
Subject six – Ada Lovelace – Codename: THE COMPUTER
With Ada’s understanding of mathematics and computing, we expect her to be the driving force behind our rapid advancements in technology. Be it surveillance, weaponry or communications, Miss Lovelace will be the STEM of our blooming resistance. She will be pivotal in intercepting and decoding enemy communications, as well as encrypting our own.
Subject seven – Amelia Earhart – Codename: AERONAUT
Amelia Earhart will take command over our airborne fleet. Her understanding of current, flight patterns, weather conditions and navigation will ensure that our fleets will always hit true to their target. She will be able to manage our ships to utmost efficiency and plot the best course of attack at the right time. She is also a master in concealment and cover tactics and can proof useful in making key members of out Seraph team disappear from the surveillance of our enemies.
Subject eight – Malcolm X – Codename: THE MINISTER
This position was one of internal strife. There is a lot to be said for filling this position with the individual known as Martin Luther King. However, after much debate, the choice has landed on Malcolm, for his ability to not only assertively focus on the goal and galvanize the people around him to do the same. Unlike Mr. King, he also is more familiar with battle tactics and the dirty side of achieving liberty. His expert knowledge of towing the line between diplomacy and violence, make our Seraphs more flexible and able to adjust quickly when presented with adversity.
Subject nine – Jesus Christ – Codename: MESSIAH
Known as the son of God, this man is there to provide our team with a moral compass and the believe in a goal beyond. Providing the injured with immediate care and providing the doubtful with guidance, he cannot be underestimated as a member of our team. While his personal philosophy of anti-violence might seem to contradict with the core task of the unit, he has been known to understand the need of measures beyond diplomacy if the goal is righteous.
Subject ten – Vlad III Dracula – Codename: VAMPIRE
This asset should be handled with care and be observed at all times. His preference for obscene violence to demoralize the enemy is a useful tactic, but also a double edged sword. His defiant nature may present a danger to the unity of the Seraphs, if left unchecked. We believe that his tactical prowess and unrelenting blood lust provides an edge to our forces that we need to defeat the enemy. Sometimes you have to get your hands dirty to win. Yet, we would do well not to lose ourselves in the process. Subject is also rumored to be immortal, but there is no scientific data to back this up.
If the council would recognize and approve the SERAPH task force, we would be able to start the immediate process of retrieving these individuals from their native locations on the timeline. Our proprietary time extraction technology is efficient and trustworthy and will assemble this team without destroying the continuity of our history.
submitted by zeekoes
to zeekoeswriting [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:29 No_Experience_8558 Control arm tight under load question
I'm about to replace a rear wheel bearing and instead of removing the whole exhaust line, I'll be removing the upper control arm. My question is can i support the car on jack stands and then use a hydraulic jack to lift the rear rotor in order to put load on the control arm and then tight it to spec?
submitted by No_Experience_8558
to E90 [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:25 niceguy191 Possible to tell if wiring harness, fuel pump different from factory?
I've bought a new vehicle but have reason to believe they replaced the wiring harness and fuel pump (possibly more) before I purchased it and none of this was disclosed to me... Is there a way to check or some telltale signs to look for?
Edit: Toyota Tacoma if that makes a difference
submitted by niceguy191
to AskMechanics [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:24 yenner-ming42 TMNT audi grill (printerless person)
How's it going people. I'm looking to get a front grill piece made for a 2008 audi b7 a4 s line. Looking for a honeycomb style with every 5th or 6th cell replaced with a ninja turtle face. I'm not sure how easy or hard this would be? And If I'm honest I know very little about 3d printing. If anyone thinks they would be up for it or any advice please dm me and can talk details. Thank you
submitted by yenner-ming42
to 3Dprinting [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:23 sliuoa Looking for a slight upgrade from my GTX 1050 PC for Valorant.
1. What will you be doing with this PC? Be as specific as possible, and include specific games (ex: resolution, FPS, settings) or programs you will be using.
- I mainly play Valorant on my PC. My current PC runs it at almost max settings (only details at low, everything else at high) at around 140 FPS but I have a 165 hz 1080p monitor. I would like to get it to 165 at max settings. I believe just the GPU may need to be upgraded?
2. What is your maximum PRE-TAX budget before rebates and shipping?
- My budget is $800 if I were to build a whole new PC but I would prefer to just replace parts on my current build for much less if possible.
3. When do you plan on building/buying the PC? Note: beyond a week or two from today means any build you receive will be out of date when you want to buy.
- I can buy the parts now or wait for a better deal down the line if recommended.
4. What, exactly, do you need included in the budget? (ex: toweOS/monitokeyboard/mouse/etc)
I believe I just need a new GPU. I'm willing to upgrade my RAM and SSD as well if needed. I don't know if the RAM and SSD I have right now are good. I am satisfied with my monitor, mouse, and keyboard.
5. If reusing any parts (including monitor(s)/keyboard/mouse/etc), what parts will you be reusing? How old are they? Brands and models are appreciated.
- I'm keeping my headphones, monitor, mouse, and keyboard as they are less than 1 year old.
6. Will you be overclocking (ex: CPU/GPU/RAM)? If yes, are you interested in overclocking right away, or down the line?
- No, I don't even know how to overclock things.
7. Are there any specific features or items you want/need in the build? (ex: SSD, Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, VR, VirtualLink, tensor cores, large amount of storage or a RAID setup, CUDA or OpenCL support, etc)
- One thing I found weird is that I have a wifi thing attached to a long cable that I have to attach to the PC to get wifi. Maybe something to get rid of this? Do I need to get 2 exact same SSDs to get maximum benefits?
8. Do you have any specific case preferences (ex: mITX/mATX/mid-towefull-tower sizes, styles, colours, window or not, LED lighting, etc.), or a particular color theme preference for the components?
- I really don't care about RGB. Just something cheap that will fit everything.
9. Do you need a copy of Windows included in the budget? Note: some post-secondary students can get Windows 10 for free.
10. Will you be upgrading this PC in the future (ie: will you swap out better parts later on or will you build an entirely new tower later)? If so, when?
- I will upgrade if a great deal comes around but unlikely once I replace any parts this time around.
11. Do you have a brand preference? (ex: AMD/Intel for CPUs, AMD/NVIDIA for video cards, etc)
- No preference. Whatever works best.
12. What are the specs of your old PC / laptop? Do you want to see if it can be upgraded instead? If so, paste its build from PCPartPicker here.
- I bought my current PC used last year for $450. I would prefer to upgrade parts if possible.
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8500 CPU @ 3.00GHz
GPU: ASUS GTX 1050
RAM: G. Skill 16 GB DDR4-2400 (1200 MHz)
Storage: Samsung 960 PRO 512 GB + Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB NVME SSD
13. Extra info or particulars:
- Ultimately, I'm looking to upgrade my PC to best value parts.
submitted by sliuoa
to bapccanada [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:15 Jut09 What is this
| || |
Does anyone know what that last metal piece is? Is it a compression fitting? I don't want to start cranking on it if there's nothing to loosen. submitted by Jut09 to Plumbing [link] [comments]
I need to replace that street elbow. This whole thing is directly under a rose bush that I want to keep alive if possible, so I don't want to cut away too many more roots.
Any other advice is more than welcome!
This is the sprinkling line that comes out of my house turns down right there, goes down about 9 inches and then turns and goes straight into the yard.
2023.06.03 00:10 ST17Kap Female voice needed for character sound effects (grunts and pain sounds, no lines needed)
(This is a paid request and I'm happy to discuss price and payment in messages)
Hiya~ im looking for someone to do the voice of my female character for my game. she doesnt speak, so no full lines would need to be recorded. just some short sounds. im trying to add more personality to the character and i want to replace the current sound effects when jumping and taking damage with actual voice. The character is very smol and cute so im looking for someone who fits. i have a video showing a little of the game and the character which i can link you to in messages to help you decide better what kind of voice would fit the character. im also happy to get a clip from another game with a similar style as an example, so if you feel that would also help please just let me know. any help is very much appreciated. thank you
submitted by ST17Kap
to recordthis [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:06 lautaromassimino Fixing Netflix "Elite" (season 4-6). [English].
Seasons 1, 2 & 3's rewrite: https://www.reddit.com/EliteNetflix/comments/13yr0za/fixing_netflix_elite_season_13_english/ \
***************************************************************************************************************************) S4. Attempted assassination of Rebeka Bermujo Ávalos: “A very strict principal and four new students arrive at Las Encinas who attack with love entanglements, serious rumors and a mystery that has just come out of the oven”. Season 4 Characters List:
- Samuel García Dominguez.
- Guzmán Nunier Osuna.
- Valerio Montesinos Rojas.
- Rebeka Parilla.
- Cayetana Grajera Pando.
- Christian Varela Expósito (recurrent).
- Nadia Shanaa (guest).
- Felipe Rosón Caleruega.
- Patrick Blanco Benavent.
- Ariadna Blanco Benavent.
- Mencía Blanco Benavent.
- Benjamín Blanco.
- Armando de la Ossa.
- This season is probably going to be another one of the longest in terms of changes, as I feel like it was the worst of the six we've had so far, which is a huge mistake given all the big departues we've had in S3. The success of this season was something important because it meant the interest of the old fans for future seasons.
- The mistake of this season, I feel, was using the arrival of the new cast to completely divert the focus of attention from what had been the plot of the story (Marina's murder, which led to Polo's murder). The story of this season should have followed the consequences of Polo's death for our characters, the weight of the pact of silence regarding Lu, and the non-hypersexualized harmony that the first three seasons had between his characters.
- In this sense, it would make both this season and T5 keep the same vibes that they presented to us for season 6, first of all, lowering the morbidity and unnecessary sex scenes that we had since this season, creating more cohesion in the "individuality ” of the student uniforms, and creating an environment of more togetherness between characters, rather than many separate stories coming together at the end.
- In addition, from this season several things about the school itself raised in previous seasons seem to have been forgotten just like that:
Season 4 Scoop: Ari, Patrick and Mencía:
- Las Encinas is a bilingual school, but we never see another teacher speaking English (French in the English dubbing) again.
- The school competition with the Ivy League prize that Nadia and Lu compete for during the first three seasons is not mentioned again, when it is supposed to be something that is done every single year.
- In addition, from this season almost all the scenes are located almost exclusively inside the school, and we see very little about outdoor scenes, or the private lives of the characters. This is also a serious mistake, since that was what best allowed us to know each other's backgrounds, and create empathy with them.
- We would find out that they are adopted children of Benjamin: they introduce us to their family in the midst of an experimentation of great anguish, why not add another factor? Also, I feel like it works because none of them look much alike physically, nor do they seem to fully connect with each other (we were led to believe that Patrick and Ari were twins, when their relationship is more toxic than many Elite romantic couples).
- The three of them would enter the third year, that is, a course below the one that Samuel & company are repeating (making Patrick and Ari two years younger than them, and Mencía three, since they originally tell us that she is one year ahead, together to his siblings).
The father of the new trio, and the new principal of Las Encinas, after Azucena's dismissal. In the middle of the season, we find out that he is actually Polo's uncle
(his late wife was Begoña Benavent's sister). The compound last name of his children is Blanco Benavent
, instead of Blanco Commerford.
Felipe Rosón Caleruega:
- Benjamín would have come to Madrid to help his sister-in-law regarding her son's trial, and to try to obtain information about this, by infiltrating the school, since apparently, despite Christian's guilty plea, there does not seem to have been direct evidence implicating him as the killer, beyond the romantic bond the two shared, so police say it's quite possible he'll be released for lack of evidence.
- They tell us that Benjamin asked his three children for "help" to try to find out what really happened with Polo. However, Ari is the only one who accepted his request for help. Patrick and Mencía try to act as if that doesn't happen. Neither of the three mentions that Polo was their cousin.
- This means that Benjamin and Ari would act as the main antagonists of the season, with the other two siblings being indirect antagonists.
- Felipe is Carla's (almost unknown) younger brother whom we would have finally met briefly during her graduation the previous season. Apparently, he had spent all those years attending a sister private school of Las Encinas located in Argentina, called Las Cumbres, and when we got to know him properly this season we would discover that it was not his idea to return to live in Madrid, but rather a decision made by his parents. We would later learn that he had actually been expelled from his last school, and that there is something about his past in England that he is trying to keep secret.
- Between the middle of the season it's revealed that Felipe's "dark past" is based on his having anger management problems: a video is revealed in which he is seen together with a group of students attacking another boy. They tell us that there is a heavy complaint against him, and the case is still on trial, and only thanks to the influence of his parents was he able to avoid being arrested.
- It's revealed that he's bisexual, and we're shown that he starts having some kind of secret crush on Patrick, both of them having this whole homoerotic friendship thing.
- This character would become related to the second main plot of this season, which in the future would become the main plot for later seasons:
⠀⠀⠀ → We know that his father, Teodoro Rosón, after the end of Season 3 became the sole owner of the old company that he co-directed with Ventura Nunier (Guzmán's father) who was arrested at the end of S1 for embezzlement towards the School of San Esteban (the school from which Samu, Nadia and Christian received scholarships at the beginning of S1, after its collapse).
⠀⠀⠀ → We now learn that Teodoro plans to rebuild a Public School again on top of the ruins of San Esteban, this time by "legal means" to avoid the same fate as Ventura, but still solely for the economic purposes that would result from such construction, and a new scholarship program that this new school would have with Las Encinas.
⠀⠀⠀ → During the next season, the construction of this new institution would have finished, and we would have new scholarship recipients in Las Encinas, coming from this new school. This would be part of the "reboot" that the next generation would mean for Elite.
Rebeka (not Ari) is the main victim of the season:
- Felipe's character would be a direct reinvention of Philippe von Triesenberg's character, which would mean that said character is completely removed from the series script.
- The reason behind his origin as Carla's younger brother arises to create a kind of instant empathy with him, based on his connection with whom was one of our queens for three years.
Love triangle Samuel/Ari/Guzmán: It never happens
- One of the biggest misses of the season was making one of the new guys the victim; especially Ari, who among the three, was the one that generated the least empathy in the public. Without changing the original story too much, seeing from the first episode that Rebeka's life is in danger would have aroused much more interest among the entire audience.
- As originally, Rebeka would end up in the hospital because of Armando, after having found out what Mencía was going through all season, and having confronted him to defend her. It's the same story that Ari had, but in a much more interesting and functional way.
- It was a pretty dire plot that only increased the public's hatred towards Ari for having separated Nadia and Guzmán, and for being the reason for the loss of all the development that Guzmán and Samu's relationship had had for three seasons.
- Instead, only Samuel remains her love interest, setting up that possible future "fatheson" connection between him and Benjamin.
- Guzmán, for his side, would continue to have a long-distance love relationship with Nadia through video calls, and towards the end of the season, she surprises him with a visit to Madrid.
⠀⠀⠀ → Samuel and Ari's relationship would not be there just as one more of the season, but would serve as an element for the plot: Ari would have approached Samuel after learning that he was Christian's close friend (the accused in Polo's murder) to try to obtain information
. However, her feelings towards him would become true over the course of the season, thus seeing a kind of development in her character, which would allow the public to empathize with her. Guzmán & Mencía:
Both become close friends, based on how much Guzmán would see Marina in Mencía [For those who didn't know, Mencía was written as a reformulation of Marina's character, adapted to the needs of the new environment with this "new gen"].
As mentioned before, Philippe's character is eliminated as a new character:
his plot was something very delicate that I think was not handled well, and in the future it would be remedied with the entry and development of Isadora's story. With Philippe gone, Cayetana's as his love interest is eliminated
Patrick + Valerio:
- After everything that happened with Polo the previous season, Cayetana is at a point in her life where she is not capable of being in another relationship. Her plot remains only in the way that she wants to change her future and focus on her design career, perhaps having aftermath of everything that happened with Polo, making her start having anxiety attacks (but treating the subject delicately, with her beginning to see a specialist by Rebbe's obligation).
- We would see how Caye tries to seek support from Valerio, because of "Polo's issue" and the connection that Valerio also had with him, but she is frustrated when she realizes that Valerio seems to have coped with all this issue through the use of drugs. Another possible plot for her would be her attempt to help him (parallels to her original attempt to help Philippe).
- Cayetana would be an easy second target for Ari, in her attempt to find information about Polo for her father. However, she would not achieve much due to the gap between them throughout the season.
- "Replacement" for Ander-Patrick-Omar's idea, without the drama and toxicity that this trio represented. Ander and Omar are gone. Valerio and Patrick? Both are wild partiers with drug-abusing tendencies. Let's match them up and watch them explode and burn, because that would be so much funny.
- Later it could be revealed (or not) that Patrick would have approached Valerio at Ari's request, to try to obtain some information regarding Polo's case, at the insistence of their father.
Valerio's possible death?:
- Following the story line proposed at the end of T3, Christian would be in prison for a large part of this fourth season, whether it was due to a nefarious action by the justice system, or by his own plea to defend Lu and "pay" for his silence regarding Marina's death. The scenes with him are based on visits given to him by Samuel, or even perhaps Guzmán, in prison.
- His permanence this season would be used to generate tension for the public, especially since (as mentioned at the beginning), the police would end up releasing him, due to lack of evidence against him. Let's say they take his statement as a result of the alcohol he drank at the party.
- It is his potential (and definitive) release from prison, which causes the arrival of the Benjamins in Madrid, with Benjamin trying to seek justice for the family of his dead wife.
- Yes, it would be something tragic. And I'm trying to avoid this whole "one character death per season" thing. But (in a way) it's something that might make sense: Valerio dies of an overdose, "completing circle" in his drug addiction plot, but not forcing murder into the season.
- Yet at the same time it might seem like too much for audiences (since, remember, we would have waited all season to see whether or not we would eventually lose Rebekah, and whether or not Christian would finally get out of prison. Keep them only to lose him, it could be a little too much).
- Whether or not he died, Valerio would leave the school at the end of this season (another viable option for his departure could be, perhaps, by Patrick's action after Valerio's possible overdose, using Benjamin's influence to get him help at a clinic, similar to Christian's original ending, but this time out of Patrick's honest concern for Valerio, and not out of wanting to "get him out of his way").
Guzmán drops out of school:
- HE IS NOT KILLED BY GUZMÁN. Seriously, how did the writers come up with the idea that the character we met SEEKING JUSTICE FOR THE CRIME AGAINST HIS SISTER would become the new criminal face, not facing the consequences and ending his story with him running away to avoid charges? Just... no!!
- Armando is imprisoned: During the last episode we see Mencía crying in the hospital, blaming herself for the possibility of losing Rebe because of her. She finally comes clean; Not with her father, not with Ari, not with Patrick... but with Guzmán. Guzmán is the only person she trusts enough to admit the truth about Armando. Just at that moment, Rebekah wakes up. The rest is simply a competent action on the part of justice.
At the end of the season, we see how he decides to join Nadia in the US.
Outcome of Ari-Samuel Subplot, linked to Polo:
- It's reveal that he feels guilty for getting away from everyone, especially because of what he has just discovered about Mencía. Her “brotherly instinct” tells him that he must stay to protect her, but in the end they show us a scene of both saying goodbye to each other in peace, and Mencía crying, thanking him for having put Armando in jail.
- There would be a farewell scene between him and Samuel, closing their plot as "brothers".
- At some point near the season finale, Samuel would learn of Ari's and her family's connection to Polo's family, and the real reasons she had reached out to him. He would break up with her right then.
- Ari finally confesses the rest of the story, filling in the puzzle pieces that Samuel was missing. He claims that it hadn't all been fake, not for her: she had really fallen for him.
- As a possible redemption ending for the character, Ari vows not to tell her father about the truth after Polo's death, guided by the love she had come to feel for Samuel.
***************************************************************************************************************************) T5. Murder of Samuel Garcia Dominguez:
"Another semester begins in Las Encinas that brings new love triangles, new students, new rules... and a new crime that leaves everyone baffled". Season 5 Characters List:
Isadora & Iván's arrival:
- Samuel García Dominguez.
- Rebeka Parilla.
- Cayetana Grajera Pando.
- Felipe Rosón Caleruega.
- Patrick Blanco Benavent.
- Ariadna Blanco Benavent.
- Mencía Blanco Benavent.
- Isadora Artiñán.
- Iván Carvalho.
- Cruz Carvalho.
- Benjamín Blanco.
Elite timeline is confusing because Season 1 is supposed to pertain to an individual school year. Seasons 2 and 3 belong to two semesters of the same year, just like seasons 4 and 5. This would mean that Isadora and Iván would be entering Las Encinas in the middle of the semester, without any explanation. We could remedy this by giving him a simple explanation that would, incidentally, unite the two of them like the best friends T6 would have us believe they are, when we've barely seen too many interactions between them:
Patrick/Ari/Ivan triangle: It never happens.
- Isa and Iván are exchange students: they both already knew each other, since they came from the very same private school in Argentina as Felipe.
- They enter the same course as Patrick, Ari, Mencía and Felipe, that is: they are also two years younger than Samuel & Co.
Love triangle, Patrick-Felipe-Iván:
- Let's stop poisoning the Blancos so much. Enough with the whole Ivan/Patrick/Cruz thing.
- Created to compensate for the cuts I made in season 4 with AndePatrick/Omar, with Samuel/Ari/Guzmán, and this season, with Patrick/Ari/Iván. The three of them would have a possible temporary dynamic, initiated by Patrick despite the fact that Ivan and Felipe were in the closet at the time.
We would be introduced, in a secondary way, to some of the new characters of season 6 (in a similar way to how S6 gave us a first introduction to Sonia, a character signed as main for T7). Among them:
- Bilal, a student belonging to the new public school built by Teo Rosón on the foundations of the old San Esteban.
- Dídac, being seen close to Javier, as one of the JavieHugo/Alex group. He does not participate in the attack on Isadora at the end of the season.
- Nico, having already transitioned, but still not getting the document from him officially identifying him as a man. It is said that his d-name is Nicole (although everyone already calls him Nico). We saw one or two scenes of him close to Isadora and Mencía, before his official presentation in T6.
- Rocío may be another of the people close to the girls, perhaps as a new waitress at the Club del Lago, where she would meet Bilal. In the following season it could be explained that the reason for having been working at the Club was that her father had canceled her credit cards.
Samuel and Rebeka officially graduate from Las Encinas, similar to what we saw for the rest of the characters in S3 (but without Valerio and Guzmán, as both would have dropped out in S4). Samuel death:
It would still happen, and it would still be at the hands of Benjamin
. However, the reasons could turn out to be different:
- Ari would have started to move away from her father this season, after the last scene we would have had of her and Samu at the end of S4. She would refuse to continue investigating her classmates and friends for him.
- She and Samu would have ended up the previous season, but they would still somehow not let go of each other. Benjamin realizes this, and begins to suspect that Samuel has something to do with Ari's refusal to want to continue helping him.
- Benjamin would begin to suspect that Samuel had "washed her mind" to Ari to leave the Polo case aside because he himself had been involved, in some way, following the fact of his closeness with Christian, and that he would discover that Samu had been visiting him in prison the previous semester. Benjamín would had been blackmailing Samu for the past few months to give him information about it. Samuel would not have opened his mouth (remember, in S3 a pact of silence was made to protect Lucrecia).
- In a final fit of rage trying to make him confess, Benjamin ends up pushing him into the pool, where Samu hits his head on the edge, bleeding to death.
***************************************************************************************************************************) T6. Ivan's accident, and subsequent coma:
“After the death of a student, Las Encinas faces a new school year trying to have an image wash by covering up past disasters. The students try to achieve their goals, but will they all reach their goal alive? Season 6 Characters List:
- Felipe Rosón Caleruega.
- Patrick Blanco Benavent.
- Ariadna Blanco Benavent.
- Mencía Blanco Benavent.
- Isadora Artiñán.
- Iván Carvalho.
- Nicolás “Nico” Fernandez.
- Cruz Carvalho.
The season begins three months after the murder of Samuel and the imprisonment of Benjamín Blanco.
- Rebeka graduated from Las Encinas and left Madrid. Also Caye is gone.
- The three Benjamins + Felipe, Isadora & Iván are beginning their last year at Las Encinas. Dídac and Sara are also in the same course as them.
- It would be implied that Nico and Rocío are a junior class.
The events of season 6 happen in a very similar way to what we originally saw, since that season was thought of as a reboot of the show, and it returned to recover all the vibes of the first generation. As I mentioned in the S4 section, at this point the sexual morbidity of the show was greatly reduced, and at all times there was a great feeling of togetherness, even with the new characters (something that, I dare say, we had never had before in Elite, not even with the original gen). Isadora's plot:
Cruz Calvalho's plot: the hate crime plot against Cruz is also removed…
- This story remains largely the same, finally getting the justice she had been seeking since the previous season.
- The only thing that would change in this plot is the part of "justice into one's own hand" (referring to the chemical sterilization of heraggressors). And let's see, I UNDERSTAND why, her context of "justice failed me", but I feel that at the script level, the message of the series of "an eye for an eye / fire with fire" is very wrong, ESPECIALLY if at the end she was going to have that closure of justice that the plot and the character deserve.
Relationships of the season, without too many changes:
- I understand that it's a key point in the Season, and honestly when I saw it I did "like it", although I felt a lot of helplessness and pity. But really, Cruz was a character who was SUPER promising for the future, a publicly gay professional footballer? Even today, with all the acceptance that exists, the number of players openly belonging to the LGBTIQ+ community can seriously be counted on the fingers of one hand.
- Cruz's public coming out could mean so many things publicly, and it was going to break an entire status quo… and they just made him die for a hate crime because he is who he is.
- I know that it tries to represent the reality in which we are living, BUT, in the show, the real reason for his death is based on causing a rupture between Patrick and Iván's relationship… so there THAT is my problem: Cruz exposes himself because he knew that Iván and Patrick had something special, that Patrick was important to his son. So simply killing him to make those characters break up? For what, what use would it all have been? Nope…just not.
- Patrick and Iván (without the breakup or the toxicity that they originally carried this season): Let's say they had a fight at the end of S6 for x reasons, which did make Iván tell Patrick that he didn't want to see him again. This being Patrick's reason for leaving him while he was in the hospital.
- Isadora and Dídac: Without too many changes. Both belong to two families in charge of hotels, which are competitors in Spain. A possible Romeo & Juliet style posed for S7.
- Rocío and Bilal: Same plot, with him approaching her for the sole reason of getting a benefit from her (for her money).
- Ari and Nico. Same plot.
- Raul and Sara. Same plot.
We would still have the departure of the Blanco siblings for the end, but this time, it would NOT
be having "reconciled" with their father.
- Ari would eventually testify AGAINST him, for Samuel's crime.
- They had come to Las Encinas in search of information about Polo, but only at the request of his father. It was not something that interested them, and they had nothing to continue doing there. In addition, there was the Mencía "thing" with Iván's accident…
- For the first time we would see Ari in the position of a true big sister, taking action to protect her family (as we originally saw). As a symbolic way of Ari's detachment from her father, we see her refusing to be called that way again, since "Ari" was her father's nickname for her. From that day on, she would be Ariadna… not Ariadna Blanco, but with her mother last name... Ariadna Benavent.
Knowing that Iván's character is still signed for S7 (unlike Patrick; this is confirmed by Manu's absence at the beginning of the season recordings), we could achieve a fitting ending for this couple by using a Short Story between Seasons 6 and 7. \
***************************************************************************************************************************) Anddddddd here it is! My take for a rewrite of this show, which I feel started at the top of everything and gradually went down in quality, although it still has a lot of potential. I'm proud of how all six seasons turned out as a whole, though I still feel like these last three seasons feel a bit incomplete compared to the first ones. So what do you guys think? Would you add or take away something that I added? Did you like the changes? I'm new here, and this is my first real post on reddit, so I'd really appreciate your feedback ^-^
submitted by lautaromassimino
to EliteNetflix [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:03 CaramelChaos Adding spells to Sorcerer origin
I've been trying to make a Sorcerer and it seems like the only logical choices are Clockwork Soul, Aberrant Mind, and Lunar because of the massive spells known boost (like almost doubling it...).
If I were to replace a level 1 feature of Shadow Magic Sorcerer, for example, what would be some thematically appropriate spells to add to their level-up table. What are some schools of magic that the Sorcerer could replace those spells with? In line with something like the Clockwork Soul which can replace their Origin spells with abjuration or a transmutation spells from the sorcerer, warlock, or wizard spell list.
My idea was to allow necromancy and illusion, but I've never played a Sorcerer before and I'd want someone else to give their input so it doesn't get out of hand.
I should add that the DM is fine with this as long as I can get a list that makes sense.
submitted by CaramelChaos
to 3d6 [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:01 ralo_ramone An Otherworldly Scholar [LitRPG, Isekai] - Chapter 9
On today’s episode of ‘Things I never thought would happen to me’, two human-snake hybrids with long snouts and colorful scales cried in my arms. Despite the unsettling texture of their scales, I instinctively hugged them in a vain attempt to comfort them. It took me half a minute to process what was happening.
Elincia worked at an orphanage. [Awareness]: Of course she does.
I ignored the System prompt and focused on the kids crying against my chest. Elincia seemed to be too busy dealing with the seven or eight bawling kids at the same time.
“What happened, sweetie?” I asked, trying to sound reassuring.
The snake girl with shining blue and white scales tried to hold back the tears, and she made it for a brief second, but then she wrapped her arms around my neck and burst into tears again. By the way she trembled, I could tell she was scared.
“Hey, hey. It's okay. Elincia is already here. There is nothing to worry about.” I said, softly patting her back.
My words, as I should have expected, caused the kids to cry even harder. This wasn’t my first rodeo with teary small kids, however, it was my first time holding two snake-human hybrids. I wonder what had happened for the kids to be this distressed, a quick inspection told me they weren’t hurt.
The door opened again and a thin elven kid with fair blonde hair and dark circles around his eyes appeared in the doorway. Just as the rest of the orphans, he was dressed with well-worn oversized clothes. The elven kid was older than the rest of the kids but couldn’t be more than twelve or thirteen years old.
I wondered if he was Elincia’s kid but I quickly discarded that theory, there was no trace of human blood in his appearance. The boy seemed to be a pureblood elf.
“What’s happening, Zaon?” Elincia asked over the generalized bawling and I noticed a trembling in her voice, as if she was also about to burst into tears.
The elven kid walked down the flight of stairs and raised his voice to be heard over the generalized bawling.
“M-m-mister Holst left the orphanage f-five days ago. Ilya and I tried to keep things under control but the small ones were nervous without you around. They thought you were going to be gone forever.” Zaon stuttered.
My heart clenched at hearing the kids had been on their own for a whole week. I understood now why the small ones were so scared. Elincia’s angered voice caught my attention.
“Mister Holst did what?!” Elincia exclaimed and the weeping sound of the kids suddenly died, leaving an awkward silence behind.
“Mister Holst had an imp-p-portant Class breakthrough so he left the orphanage to go to the imperial capital. That was five days ago.” Zaon repeated, stuttering the same syllables. “We took care of the cooking and the bedtime of the small ones. I couldn’t get them to shower, I’m sorry.”
My heart shrunk even further.
“You did well, Zaon. Please take the kids inside, I need to talk to Elincia for a moment.” I said, gently putting the snake-children down. “We’ll be joining you in a moment.” I added seeing the kids didn’t let Elincia go.
Zaon nodded and led the way followed by a dozen reluctant small kids who casted anxious glances at Elincia as they entered the manor. After a moment, we were left alone in the front yard.
“I’m going to fucking kill him, that weasel.” Elincia turned around and walked towards the iron gate.
I grabbed her wrist, she tugged but I didn’t let go.
Elincia’s face was red from anger and her knuckles turned white as she clenched her fists. She had done well hiding her anger from the kids. Adult problems should be dealt with by adults.
“I should’ve known something like this was going to happen. I’m so stupid for trusting Holst.” Elincia covered her face with both hands.
“Holst is a Scholar who comes to the orphanage a couple times a week to teach the kids. He had a temper but I thought learning under the guidance of a high level Scholar would help the kids.” Elincia replied. “I was so blind. Of course he didn't care about the kids, he was just cultivating his class!”
I understood the general contempt Elincia showed towards the Scholar class now. Holst sounded like a despicable person.
“The kids are safe and that’s what matters the most.” I said, grabbing Elincia by the shoulders and forcing her to look at me. “You should be proud of yourself, Elincia, your kids faced an emergency and managed to get by. You raised them well.”
Elincia dropped her shoulders and took a deep breath with her eyes closed. When she opened her eyes again, she seemed to have regained her composure.
“You are right… but that doesn’t mean I’m not going to kill Holst if he puts a foot in this orphanage ever again.” She grinned with a wicked smile and I knew she was being serious.
“I’ll lend you my shotgun if you don’t mind cleaning up the aftermath.” I grinned back.
“Gross. I love it.” Elincia laughed, leaving behind the bad feelings and walking to the entrance of the manor. She signaled to follow her. “Welcome to Lowell’s Orphanage. You should call me Miss Elincia while the kids are around.”
I followed her.
The reception room was a spacious area with faded white walls and a tall ceiling, adorned solely with an old couch and a couple of worn out chairs. Square areas of less weathered white paint on the walls showed the places where old paintings had hung long ago. On the opposing wall, a great window overlooked the inner courtyard. I caught a glimpse of a small farm plot, a well, and a small groove.
The whole manor seemed to have seen better days but it felt cozy and welcoming.
“This is our home. And these orphaned children are my family.” Elincia said with a mix of pride and embarrassment. She opened her arms in a gesture that encompassed the entire room.
We left the receiving room behind and Elincia led me to the west wing of the manor into a corridor filled with sunlight. To the right there was the backyard and to the left a row of closed doors. Behind the only open door there was a classroom with rows of small worn-out desks lined up facing a worn-out chalkboard. Over each desk there was an old small wax tablet with their respective styluses.
“That is our schoolroom. It ain’t much but it’s quite handy during cold and rainy days. I try to teach the kids to read and write before they leave the orphanage.” Elincia said as she caught me looking inside.
My brain connected the dots and a sense of sadness got a sudden hold on me.
The Kingdom was at war and those who served as fodder were the least fortunate ones. I wondered how many of Elincia’s orphans ended up in the king’s army fighting in the Farlands to never come back home. But my sadness wasn’t solely aimed at the orphans, Elincia was rowing against a storm in a ship that was sailing to nowhere.
“It looks cozy.” I said.
We turned at the corner and found the harpy girl with the white pillowcase dress slowly walking down the corridor. The wooden floor clacked as she tried to catch up with the rest of the orphans but her talons were too big for her small body, making her steps slow and clumsy. She was more than ten meters behind but seemed unfazed by the matter.
The diminutive harpy saw us walking in her direction and stopped. It was my first time seeing a harpy. Her face was human but a pair of wings covered by golden feathers protruded from her pillowcase dress. She waited patiently for us, blocking the path.
“I haven’t peed myself in five days.” The harpy girl proudly declared, putting her hands on her hips and adopting a defiant pose I had seen in Elincia before.
“Shu, you don’t just…” Elincia looked at me, horrified, and I couldn’t help but let out a small laugh.
I squatted to Shu’s height and smiled. “You were so brave! I’m sure Miss Rosebud is happy to hear that.”
The harpy girl chuckled.
“You used the forbidden word. You are going to get scolded by Miss Elincia.” Shu hid her face beneath a wing. Before I could say anything else, Elincia grabbed her by the armpits and lifted her, interrupting our conversation.
Was ‘Rosebud’ a forbidden word?
“I’m going to prepare something to eat for the kids, you can wait in the classroom. I’m going to send Zaon over with a water basin.” Elincia said before Shu could add any extra outrageous comment.
Elincia and Shu followed the rest of the orphans and I came back to the classroom. Once alone, I punched the wall with full force, provoking a throbbing pain in my hand. My sadness had turned into anger. Holst was lucky to be away from Farcrest, otherwise I would be tempted to use one of my two remaining shells on him. I didn’t have a drop of sympathy for people who abandoned children.
I entertained myself with macabre fantasies until the left door opened again and Zaon entered the room carrying a large water basin.
“Miss Elincia says you can use her study to wash up. Then you can throw the water to the plants under the window.” Zaon said as he walked back to the corridor.
I followed him until we reached a closed door just by the corner of the corridor.
“This is the living quarters. The small kids sleep in the common room. We, the older ones, have our own rooms.” Zaon explained pointing with the head at the doors further down the living quarters. “This is Miss Elincia’s study.”
As I stepped into Elincia’s study, a floral smell filled my nostrils. The air was thick, as if I had walked into a greenhouse and I couldn’t help but take a deep breath, enjoying the fragrance.
The room was immaculately tiddy. A large bookshelf covered one of the walls and a wide writing desk was situated just under the window. A shabby bed was tucked in a corner with a knitted quilt neatly folded at the foot. On the night table there was a flower vase and a small diary. [Awareness]: You have entered the forbidden dungeon: Elincia’s Bedroom.
The prompt made me stop dead in my tracks but no hidden traps were triggered by my presence.
The lack of knives and hunting trophies hanging from the walls made me think this belonged to the Governess and not the adventure junkie I had met in the woods. A sense of serenity emanated from the room and I understood that, for the orphans, this was a place of peace and safety.
Zaon put the water basin in the corner over a dresser and rummaged through the desk’s drawer. He pulled out a pearlescent soap bar, a threadbare towel, and a change of men's clothes from the chest at the foot of the bed. I wondered who the previous owner was.
“Thank you, Zaon.” I thanked the kid as I sat in a small stool by the water basin and washed my hands and forearms. I had a hundred questions to ask him but I didn’t want to entertain him, Elincia probably needed Zaon’s help to deal with the smaller kids.
Zaon nodded and looked at me with curiosity.
“Speak your mind.” I said, realizing I wasn’t going to get privacy until I answered some questions.
Zaon was startled for a moment but he quickly made up his mind.
“C-c-can I? Really? Who are you? Your accent is strange.” He inquired.
“I am Robert Clarke, a Scholar from a faraway land.” I introduced myself, wondering how much information I should disclose to the kids. Or how much information I could get from them. “I met Miss Rosebud in the Farlands and tagged along on the way back here.”
“Are you here to replace Mister Holst… sir?” Zaon got tangled up in his words, unable to figure out the right amount of deference required to address me. I smiled, trying to seem reassuring.
“This is my first time here in Farcrest so I have to meet the Marquis first. I don’t even know if I could stay.” I replied, deciding to tell Zaon the truth. “Miss Rosebud told me about the Imperial Library, so I’m tempted to go to the capital to cultivate my class.”
The kid nodded in awe. For someone from a backwater town like Farcrest, the imperial capital must be a place of wonder and mystery.
“Miss Elincia doesn’t like to be called that.” Zaon pointed out.
“I think it's a charming name.” I shrugged my shoulders thinking it was too much of a cute name for someone as tough as Elincia.
I waited for a moment, expecting a sassy System prompt to slap me on the face but none appeared. Good. The last thing I needed was more titles about my politically incorrect thoughts. Zaon looked around, as if there were spies somewhere between the walls, before continuing talking.
“I think that too, sir. A truly charming elven name.” Zaon muttered full of pride but suddenly he seemed to realize he had overextended his stay. “I’m not taking more of your time, sir.” He politely added as he left the room at a quick pace.
Finding the key inside the hole, I locked the door before taking my shirt off, and started scrubbing my body. The soap was the size of a small stack of coins and it didn’t produce much foam but it was more than enough after all those days trekking through the Farlands. It felt good to be clean once again. My old shirt was ruined after my adventure in the forest so the new one felt nice even if it was a bit oversized and the fabric coarser.
When I was finished, I opened the window and discarded the dirty water on the clump of bushes and flowers that adorned the mansion’s exterior. Then I unlocked the door and returned to the classroom feeling like a new man.
As I was sitting in the classroom, I saw a group of kids spying on me from the corridor’s windows. I acted like I hadn't seen them. Instead, I let them quench their curiosity while I mindlessly drew doodles on a wax tablet. Zaon probably already informed the rest of the orphans about my identity.
“Here you are.” Elincia said with a tired voice as she stood on the doorway. She carried a tray with a wooden bowl filled with steamy soup. “Scared of being alone in a girl’s bedroom?”
I was about to make a snarky remark when I remembered the kids spying on us. Elincia seemed to notice too because she quickly added. “Shall we discuss our deal in my study?”
I followed Elincia into her bedroom and she invited me to sit at the timeworn desk. Then, she handed me a bowl of soup and a piece of old bread. The soup had a few pieces of vegetables floating on the surface similar to carrots and potatoes. I did what any logical person would’ve done. Elincia’s Vegetable Soup. [Identify] Edible. A watery, bland, and unseasoned soup made from various donated ingredients. It’s warm.
Luckily enough, Elincia didn’t realize I was using [Identify] on her soup. I put the spoon in my mouth. The flavor was indeed watery and bland but it was the first warm food I had since I arrived in this world, and it felt great. As I dipped the bread into the soup, Elincia untied her padded jacket, revealing a white blouse and a washed out light blue bodice that adhered to her figure.
I wasn’t completely ready for some Renaissance Fair action but I managed to keep my eyes glued to the bowl of soup. Elincia stretched her back and rotated her shoulders with feline grace before settling on the chair.
“You look good disguised as a governess, I almost bought it.” I said, fighting to keep my eyes away from Elincia’s delicate yet strong shoulders. If I didn’t know better, I would swear Elincia had a twin sister that looked after the orphanage while she explored the Farlands.
Elincia looked around as if there were spies in the walls before replying.
“Fuck off, Robert Clarke.” The woman whispered, rolling her eyes. “And thank you for helping me with the kids. You navigated the situation pretty well.” She added in an almost shy tone.
“Didn’t I say I was a teaching focused Scholar?” I replied with a smug voice.
“Yeah, I remember hearing an excuse like that for your lack of level.” Elincia grinned. “Now, show me the goods, I have a sick kid waiting for a potion.”
I brought my backpack I had left forgotten in the corner and started lining the bundles of herbs and roots over Elincia’s working desk.
“When you told me you had a sick kid I thought you meant your son or daughter.” I pointed out.
“Yeah, no. I already have enough kids around.” Elincia laughed as her eyes greedily pried over my alchemical loot.
I wondered if one of her skills allowed her to measure the herb’s magic concentration. Something like [Identify] but for Alchemists.
“Not to mention I’d need a man for that. A good one for that matter.” Elincia added.
“You don't have an army of volunteers lining up at the orphanage’s doors?” I jokingly asked. With her looks, she could have a fan club following her everywhere back on Earth.
Suddenly, Elincia forgot about the ingredients and locked her eyes with mine.
“Oh? Mister Scholar is interested in my relationship status now?” She gave me the biggest shit-eating grin I had seen in my life. And that was a lot to say considering Elincia’s mischievous personality.
“Dream on.” I quickly replied. Elincia’s big mouth made it difficult to feel bad for her. You have obtained Denial Lv.3. Temporary.
________________ First Prev Next (Patreon)
________________ Discord Royal Road Patreon
submitted by ralo_ramone
to HFY [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:00 jacq85 Handbag repairs
Does anyone have any suggestions on where I could get the inside lining of a handbag replaced?
submitted by jacq85
to cork [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 23:59 CazOnReddit Alright, Let's Talk About the 3rd Pick & a Potential Siakam Trade With Portland
| || | submitted by CazOnReddit to torontoraptors [link] [comments]
So have you heard that the Blazers are looking to shop around the 3rd pick and Anfernee Simons for a star forward? Yeah, let's finally get into this.
The Blazers lucked themselves into a rather unique position, both with the pick they got - having jumped from 5th to 3rd in the draft - and with the team who managed to get the 2nd pick being the Charlotte Hornets who are likely to draft forward Brandon Miller over G League Ignite guard Scoot Henderson, with Scoot seemingly falling to 3.
This would make Scoot the 2nd young guard the Blazers recently drafted and their 3rd under 25 guard to play next to Dame...if they weren't trying to shop the pick around.
They have a perfect opportunity to finally do a rebuild...and yet, here we are with yet another rumor about the Blazers trying to build around Dame and get him the help they've left him without for...what, 8 seasons and counting? Like the Rockets who are alleged to be interested in moving the 4th pick
, I don't think the Blazers really should be trying to do a two timelines, pseudo rebuild while contending around Lillard.
I also don't think the package they can put together is as great as it's often hyped up to be. As we'll get into, a package around Anfernee and the 3rd pick plus a player or pick or two is quite decent in a vacuum but it certainly isn't good enough to get to get you that Top 10-15 player in the league who can singlehandedly win you a series - if not, a championship. It certainly isn't enough to outbid the likes of the Jazz or, more significantly, the Thunder who may opt for a splash in the offseason as their core develops into a young, hungry playoff team with some greater veteran presence around them.
I'm just going to say it: If Portland really is saying "time's up" and putting together one last effort to compete against Dame, they need to do more than get Siakam, O.G., Karl-Anthony Towns or whichever star's name pops up in rumors leading up to the draft. Not to say those players won't improve the team, but none of them - and yes i'm including Siakam - are good enough to elevate a former lottery team like the Blazers over the past 2 seasons to a Top 3 seed, let alone guarantee a championship.
A duo of Siakam and Dame, Dame and KAT, etc. can be part
of one's core championship team but they need the right supporting pieces around them in order to win. To put it mildly, the Blazers...do not have that. Jusuf Nurkic has seen significant regression as a defender and the bench is one of the few to make the Raptors bench look like a bastion of basketball greatness. It shows on the floor and statistically, and it's a large reason why the Blazers have been one of the worst defensive teams in the league over the past, one of the worst when it comes to rebounding and in general being near the bottom of the Western Conference before they pulled the plug on their most recent season in an attempt to tank for a Top 4 pick.
If the Blazers are actually going to commit to Dame, they need to engage in a paradigm shift this offseason. Rework the starting 5, the bench and go all-in getting Loyalty McLoyal the team he should have had around him for years instead of endlessly running it back with minor tweaks to who his #2 is.
That means either getting your pick back from the Bulls and shopping the 4 firsts/3 swaps you can or removing the protections and dealing out the 3/3 you would have to improve the roster. Don't just get Siakam, KAT or whoever and set them up to fail with Damian because it's not fair to either player to put them in that situation.
Go after Buddy Hield, see if Myles Turner or Clint Capela are going to be available, or if the Wolves are desperate enough to sign and trade Naz Reid to recoup some assets after the costly Gobert trade - if not, try signing him with the full MLE. And you don't stop there! However they plan to shake up the roster in this hypothetical scenario, they need to significantly improve the center position/rotation and their bench to give Dame an actual chance of winning a ring with what few years left they have in his prime.
Also fire Chauncey Billups, he's a bottom 3 coach and the only reason I can't say he is not the worst is because I can't say the Raptors coach will be objectively worse/better without knowing who will head either team. He isn't 3rd, that's for sure.
But anyway that's the Blazers prerogative. What exactly could the Raptors see in a potential pick that, presumably, revolves around Pascal Siakam?
Since I can be a bit of a wordy writer, i'm going to add some TL;DR
sections for each playepick discussed in this little piece for those that want a quick breakdown.
Note: This is not a trade proposal; this is a compilation of the assets and players who could be included in a trade for Pascal Siakam
. Additionally, this is not an endorsement of trading Pascal Siakam, etc. in a deal with the Portland Trailblazers. Anfernee Simons https://preview.redd.it/eon5unll7d3b1.png?width=640&format=png&auto=webp&s=2873b3d89092d0e0c221ee9817335918489f2e7e
The main player who's been the subject of a contentious discussion between Blazers fans and Raptors fans. Whether you think he's overrated, underrated or somewhere inbetween, it is undeniable that Anfernee Simons would have to be included in the trade at minimum.
I can't speak for the Blazers and I won't pretend to speak for all Raptors fans so let me just say this: I like Anfernee Simons
. He's one of the more exciting players in the league under 25 even if he doesn't have the same ceiling as a guy like Zion or fellow player nicknamed "Ant" Anthony Edwards.
A borderline All-Star guard with a combination of shooting prowess and explosiveness, he had a breakout season in 2021/22 when Dame went down due to an injury and thus became the Blazers lead point guard in his absence. He's a genuine 3-level scorer who can splash from outside, pressure the rim for a high-flying dunk and he's effective in the midrange too. If nothing else, it cannot be overstated how nice it would be for this team to have another player who's a reliable, 38.7% from 3 volume shooter on a roster so thoroughly lacking in outside shooting
And before you say it, yes, Anfernee Simons is a point guard
. This isn't a case like CJ where his skillset is that of a 2 who can do some playmaking but shouldn't run your offense, Simons does have some issues with dribbling the air out of the ball before making a pass, but he is a point guard. He isn't a typical point, operating more as a shoot-first point like Lillard, but he's still capable of cracking out a notable number of assists while getting buckets; he dished out 6 dimes a game with nearly 28 points in the games he's played without Dame as the lead point.
All 11 of them last year. https://preview.redd.it/nwhosg3d8d3b1.png?width=1945&format=png&auto=webp&s=8d01cd6a71d032cf5e3bab941c00fc942148991c
Yeah, you might have seen some posts or stats online of what Simons has done without Damian Lillard; in his breakout season of 2021/22, the Anferno was putting up a similar number of assists and cracked 20 points per game, albeit over a more significant sample size of 30 games. And in 2022/23, Anfernee Simons put up 27.9/2.9/5.7 (2.4 turnovers so an AST/TO of 2.38:1 which is solid) while shooting a staggering 41% from 3 on 11 3s.
Those numbers are impressive in a vacuum; his true shooting of 62% is especially notable. However, they require some context and should be taken with an enormous grain of salt.
For one, it's a very small sample size over a lengthy period of the season where teams haven't had to plan for Simons to be the main guard to focus their defense on. He's still the 2nd option so it's not like there's no film watching or the like, but if Anfernee Simons permanently becomes the lead point guard of a team, opposing teams will gameplan around him and his weaknesses more significantly than the very few times where he's asked to be the lead ballhandler in Dame's absence.
His 2021/22 stats, while still a limited overall sample size, do suggest he'll be able to dish out a similar number of dimes as the lead guard (Dame had been ruled out due to injury during the season so teams did have to gameplan around the Ant for a large portion of the season instead of a handful of games scattered throughout the season) and he still has room to grow as a playmaker but once again, it was only a sample size of 30 games so it is hard to draw much out from the games he played.
Speaking of drawing conclusions from said sample size: Yes the Blazers went 4-7 within that 11 game sample size - and bear in mind this sample included games where the Blazers were still trying to contend while facing a variety of teams i.e. not every team was a playoff or contender. That isn't great, however, Ant was generally not the main reason they lost since the 2022/23 Blazers as a whole were pretty terrible all year, even before they blatantly tanked. The same is also true of his breakout year when the Blazers lost Lillard due to injury, they just weren't a good team.
If there is a point of contention around Simons that one can draw from his past 2 seasons, it's his defense which...it's bad.
It's really bad.
He's improved this season on that end to the point where i'd say he's a better defender than Dame - even if his overall defensive rating doesn't support this, the eye test does - but that's like saying Spencer Dinwiddie is a better defender than Trae Young. While Chauncey Billups hasn't been doing either one of Portland's guard any favors, it doesn't change the fact that being better than one of the worst defenders in the league is not an accomplishment to be proud of. All coaching issues aside, Simons is still a notable negative on that end of the floor. He has a propensity for losing his man via ball watching, he's not great at closing out on the perimeter and he's not a lane disruptor by any means. It's not impossible for him to improve as a defender - he's 6'3 with a 6'9 wingspan and much of his defensive weaknesses come from a lack of discipline - but as of right now when his shots aren't falling he's a major liability on the court and his flaws on defense were not well hidden when paired next to another notably poor defender in Dame.
There are a couple of other habits that Simons needs to address - he could stand to be less trigger happy as a scorer and work more on his playmaking given all the promise he's shown in that area - but that's the main issue with Simons. He's a very skilled guard with a similar approach to the game as Dame on both ends of the floor. And we all know Dame isn't locking down the opposing team's point.
Does Anfernee Simons seem like he'll become a guard on the level of Dame? No but that's a ridiculously high bar to hold him to, especially with the limited opportunities he had and will continue to have when he's behind Dame in the guard pecking order. Anfernee is a good player who often shows glimmers of true greatness on offense but whose defense (or lack thereof) is going to require very careful teambuilding to limit exploiting said defense in the playoffs. Perhaps he'll need to be the full-time point to fully achieve his potential as a playmaker but while he doesn't scream All-NBA caliber, he's someone you can easily see eking out a couple of All-Star nods at his peak and is, at worst, a staring-caliber guard. As for whether he can be the lead of a championship contender...we'll get to that when we talk about the pick he'd come with. TL;DR - Anfernee Simons is an intriguing young player with upside as an explosive, shoot-first PG but one whose poor defense does mean the team's starting lineup/bench has to be built around carefully to account for his current (and likely ongoing throughout his career) weaknesses. 3rd Pick https://preview.redd.it/96pocramhi3b1.png?width=1000&format=png&auto=webp&s=3ee450641a298a5b1dee0da9fce0c7f652c60665
It's whomever is left from Scoot Henderson
or Brandon Miller
. Maybe you trade down to 4 for some more assets if you're a believer in Amen Thompson
, maybe you take Amen if you think he's the best player available and the Rockets won't negotiate for Scoot/Miller but yeah, it's one of those three via the 3rd overall pick.
Before we get into the players, I do want to briefly mention that I actually did a post a while ago on a different sub going over trades involving the 3rd pick
and to put it bluntly: The 3rd pick has good value but it doesn't have as much value on its own and trades involving the 3rd pick for an All-Star or even All-NBA caliber player are very rare.
The closest trade to what the Blazers would want in return was in 2000 where the Atlanta Hawks traded the 3rd overall pick to the Vancouver Grizzlies along with Brevin Knight and Lorenzen Wright for Shareef Abdur-Rahim and the 27th overall pick. That 3rd pick turned out to be future HoFer Pau Gasol but no one knew he'd become that at the time. As for what the Grizzlies gave up for the pick, Shareef Abdur-Rahim was not a perennial All-Star nor was he an All-NBA level player. He was a solid player that became an All-Star in his debut season for the Hawks...and that was his only All-Star appearance.
With that in mind, it is a bit wild that it's so commonly suggested that Simons and the 3rd pick alone should be enough to acquire an All-NBA talent like Siakam, especially with how much inflation we've seen in trades for players of that caliber of late or even players who are a step below. Concerns about his contract expiring lowering his value are baffling, as if a team's front office wouldn't talk to him about an extension before making such a trade. Moreover, it's not like the Raptors need to deal him out when they can simply re-sign him in 2024.
Now this year, when Scoot Henderson or Brandon Miller could be up for grabs, the 3rd pick has a lot more value given how highly praised those players are, so let's put aside the debate on what is fair for Siakam for a moment and talk about the presumed 3rd overall pick, Scoot Henderson.
The 2nd best player in a draft class containing the best prospect since LeBron James. He's projected to go 3rd because Charlotte is allegedly interested in taking Brandon Miller at 2nd but we'll touch on that later. For now, let's talk Scoot:
- Henderson is a freakish athlete and a terrific floor general; he racked up an average of 6 assists a night on an AST:TO ratio of 1.94:1 and is a strong option on offense due to his abilities as a slasher
- His usage as the G-League Ignite's offense, be it ball screens or handoffs, displayed his ability to break down a team's defense
- To delve deeper into his production as an offensive guard, his percentage rate of ball screens (43.7%) is only matched or surpassed by 7 players across the entire NBA. 7!
- Despite the athleticism, Scoot is generally good at controlling the ball and not turning it over due to careless mistakes driving to the basket
- For a guard, he's a pretty solid rebounder and, if nothing else, he puts in the effort on defense even if he's not necessarily someone who screams "Future DPoY"
- Intangibles are hard to really quantify but Scoot is the definition of someone who "has that dog in him" and he's someone you trust down the stretch to make the right move
- He puts in effort on defense but he's only 6'2 with a 6'9 wingspan and, well he's no Kyle Lowry when it comes to taking charges or the like
- His shooting is...a work-in-progress; he tends to default to long 2s which he isn't great at making (38% overall), his free throw percentage is only 75% and his 3-point shooting is a measly 31% off the dribble
Needless to say, there's a lot to like about Scoot; if Victor wasn't in this draft, he'd easily go #1 overall. He's often compared to Derrick Rose or even Russell Westbrook as this uber explosive guard who can seriously pressure the rim while generating solid passes for his teammates which is a good comparison though one obviously hope his outside shooting pans out more like Curry or Trae than Russ or Rose.
Losing Siakam would obviously hurt the team in the short term but as far as what Scoot brings, there is a lot of upside to him that would raise the ceiling of the team in the long run. His ability to get to the rim, combined with his athleticism would make him the perfect guard for a team that thrives in transition like the Raptors. He would also have chemistry with another player the Raptors have been rumored to be interested in/may take at 13 in Leonard Miller as they played on the same team but we'll talk about the 13th pick's potential prospects another time.
For now, let's go over one of the problems with trading for Scoot Henderson if he is still on the board, besides the obvious hypothetical of "he might never become a player as good as the one you're giving up" or "what do you do with Fred when you brought in Scoot and Simons" because what you're really asking is this: Is a backcourt of Scoot/Simons the team's guard duo of the future
This brings me to my big problem with a “trade for Simons + 3” trade if the 3rd pick does end up being Scoot: A backcourt of two undersized guards, one of whom is unproven against NBA competition on defense and the other of whom has been one of the worst guard defenders in the league is not a duo of guards you can build a contender around in the long-term unless both of them become significantly improved defenders. Or at the very least, it's a duo that has historically not led to notable championship contention.
Blazers fans would know this well given their team has only had one year where they weren’t the in the NBA’s basement as far as defensive ratings go, be it with CJ or Anfernee as Lillard’s sidekick; the furthest they ever got with either was the Western Conference Finals and the best their defense has even been was 10th. Every other season, the Trailblazers defense has been amongst the worst in the NBA. Part of those Blazers teams' failures can be attributed to bad coaching, but a more significant portion of the blame be laid at the feet of Dame being a bad defender and undersized who has been paired with bad, undersized guards throughout much of his career.
You can get away with one bad defender or a starter who’s undersized for their position on a championship-caliber team which, if you’re rebuilding by trading away Siakam, that is what you’re hoping to take a step back for. As an example, Dirk Nowitzki wasn’t known for being a lockdown defender and yet the Mavericks won their first and only championship to date with Dirk as the weak link on defense. He was also a phenomenal offensive talent whose weaknesses on defense were mitigated by how much momentum he was able to generate for his team but I digress.
You can get away with running several smaller players for a limited time to force mismatches on offense with the right lineup. The Warriors dynasty comes to mind, where Golden State would close games using their “Death Lineup”. However, that lineup revolved around 4 Hall of Famers (Klay, Dray, Steph, Igoudala) where Steph is the lineup’s weakest link on defense, and this is before we acknowledge that they were able to include yet another HoFer in Kevin Durant to replace Harrison Barnes in a different incarnation of the Death Lineup from 2017 onward.
For that matter, it's not wholly impossible to win a championship with a duo of small guards - the Pistons repeated in the 89/90-90/91 with 6'3 Joe Dumars and 6'1 Isiah Thomas and the Bad Boy Pistons were contenders throughout the 90s - but it is damn near impossible if your lead guards are bad defenders. Whatever can be said about Thomas' various off-court controversies, notably with him being found liable for sexual misconduct during his stint heading a woman's basketball team a la the New York Liberty, he was a phenomenal defender, as was Dumars.
Hell, the Raptors won in 2019 while having Fred VanVleet and Kyle Lowry share the floor a fair amount of time in the Finals though it is once again worth noting that both were terrific defenders at the time. Even if one wouldn't call their efforts All-Defense caliber, they were both positives on that end of the floor.
Historically speaking, you cannot be a championship-caliber team with two of your starters being undersized negatives on the defensive end barring them being surrounded by generational defenders or said starters being generational offensive players who can make up for how many points you’re giving up on the other end of the floor
Simons is a gifted scorer with good playmaking but is a truly sorry defender. Scoot Henderson is a talented passer but is undersized for the position and how he fares defensively with teams hunting him as the smallest player on the court will remain to be seen. But with neither of them likely to be a Dumars/Thomas-level defender and the offensive capabilities for one of them being the main question mark as to how good a player they could become, having both of them as the foundation to your team's backcourt seems to cement the duo's future as a non-contending entity.
Let's put this into perspective with some statistics: Of the past 40 years, the only
championship to ever be won by a team with what could be considered a bad regular season defensive rating was the 2000/01 Lakers. That team had two generational talents in Shaq and Kobe, and that season is itself an outlier when compared to the rest of the Shaq/Kobe Lakers era that it shouldn't even count. All other championship teams were at least 12th or higher for their season with most championship teams being in the Top 5 in defensive rating.
By the by, in case you're wondering: That team who had 12th in defensive rating was the 1995 Rockets led by the generational talent in Hakeem Olajuwon and said rating had a lot to do with untimely injuries to the 95 Rockets core. That team they still managed to have the 7th best offensive rating in the league despite Drexler's absence for much of the season is a testament to Future Raptors Retiree Hakeem's skills as the best big man of the late 80s, early-to-mid 90s. Are we noticing a pattern here?
Even if we ignore the question about what to do with Fred, the question of what the Raptors backcourt looks like is far more pertinent if it is going to involve some combination of Scoot Henderson and Anfernee Simons with, presumably, Gary Trent Jr. and another guard coming off the bench for relief. Is a backcourt of Anfernee Simons and Scoot going to turn this team into a Top 3-6 offense for the season without plummeting this team's defense off of a cliff? And if you don't think so, when do you move one of them to open up the 1 or the 2 for another player?
This is a question the team will likely have to answer once they've seen how Simons and Scoot fit togethefit with the rest of the roster; I don't see a 3-team draft day deal where Simons or the 3rd pick are moved elsewhere barring that aforementioned moving down to 4th and I don't see this team without Siakam/with Scoot and Simons being a serious contender for several years even if they do pan out. But it is a question that has me concerned in regards to how this team will function when it's developing a dynamic duo of players who will be picked apart in the playoffs barring one of them turning into a terrific defender.
Whatever else one can say about Point Scottie or even Scottie Barnes when he was crammed into the starting Shooting Guard position for much of the year, it is hard to argue that having either Scottie or Trent & Simons/Scoot as your backcourt makes way more sense defensively even if having both Scottie and Scoot complicates matters on the offensive end since neither are great shooters and Trent's defense is a touch overrated at time due to is propensity to gamble for steals.
All this being said, it's not out of the realm of possibility that Henderson becomes an All-Defense-caliber player or for Simons to a climb out from the deep hole he's dug for himself as one of the worst defenders in the league, and Scoot is still a phenomenal talent. These concerns should be noted, but they shouldn't serve to deter from selecting him 3rd if such a trade were to go down. As a prospect, there's very few players in this draft class who could serve to singlehandedly raise the floor and the ceiling of this team in the long run.
Speaking of other players, however, it should be acknowledged that Scoot isn't the only potentially available player at 3; while all accounts suggest the Hornets prefer Brandon Miller at 3, Scoot is the best player available at 2 and there's no guarantee the Hornets draft for fit. So here's a quick rundown of Miller and a player the Blazers have recently worked out, Amen Thompson:
- Brandon Miller is a 6'9 forward (boo, we have enough of those!) who can shoot (yay, we need more of that!) and has some notable playmaking upside even if his decision-making can be questionable at times. He's a player you could see as either a #1 or a high level #2 option on a championship team though he's not the most switchable guy on defense and you have the usual rookie concerns i.e. "he needs to get the NBA body to thrive". He's gotten a lot of comparisons to Paul George but i'd say his playmaking is further ahead from what PG13 was as a prospect.
- Amen Thompson is someone I talked about in the trade for the 4th pick & he's a very interesting player. A high ceiling, low floor player with unreal athleticism, a 6'7 lead guard who's arguably the best passer in the draft class but has serious questions about the competition he's faced in OverTime Elite/his shooting being as bad as it was. Think Ja Morant but with defense and, again, at 6'7 with a much longer wingspan.
I feel like the trade makes more sense if the Raptors were to go for Amen or Miller but we won't know who the Hornets will chose on draft night until the day of & ideally you'd trade down for 4th to get Thompson plus assets if you're sold on Amen. Plus like I said, it is possible that Scoot does become a good or even great defender so one might not have to worry about choosing between him and Ant down the line. TL;DR - Scoot is an amazing prospect but his pairing with Simons could be a major problem in the future if both don't improve defensively. Ironically, the 3rd pick becomes simultaneously more valuable for other teams/less valuable for the Raptors if it's Scoot and vice-versa if it's Miller due to those concerns. Thompson is a wildcard at 3 depending on who has the pick/how willing the Rockets are to trade up to 3rd. Nassir Little
Portland is reluctant to deal out Sharpe. We can debate on whether or not it's fair value for an All-NBA caliber player like Siakam, how much his contract being expiring should affect a deal (we'll ignore the fact that he can be extended by Portland and that any front office making a trade like this should be doing their due diligence by speaking to Pascal Siakam beforehand) or how good Sharpe actually was as a rookie overall instead of solely focusing on that stretch where the Blazers let him do whatever because they were tanking but regardless, the Blazers seem intent on keeping him. Fair enough, Masai is likely aiming for more than Anfernee and 3 - especially for the reasons listed above if it is Scoot Henderson - but Sharpe is likely a hard sell for the front office even if they are going all-in i.e. they want to keep at least one young guy on the roster for the long-term.
That being said, there's still the matter of salary matching, and that's where one of Nassir Little or Sharpe has to come in (They're not going to move Nurkic in the deal for Siakam unless they have something lined up for their center situation i.e. tampering for Naz Reid); the only way for the Blazers to neatly absorb Siakam into their cap with just Simons is by renouncing their rights to Jerami Grant and they need to re-sign him/move him to the 3 (Grant is a really bad rebounder for a PF; the man is a career 4 RPG) if they are serious about competing with Dame.
So...yeah, Nassir Little. Little is what people think O.G. is: A good defender who is often injured, Little is a solid 3 & D wing who, unlike Anunoby, has never played more than 55 games for a given season. Granted, 2019/20 and 2020/21 were shorted to 72 seasons but regardless, injuries have hampered the 23 year-old in the same way that Otto Porter Jr.'s potential was sapped due to a career-long battle with injuries. Still, when considering his age and production, his newest contract ($28M/4 years) is amazing value when he's healthy.
But much like Otto (who I think technically could be sent in such a deal due to the rules around incoming/outgoing salaries), the question of when he's available is a common one. Little is a good young player but one whom you shouldn't get your hopes up about changing the team's direction. TL;DR - A little salary (sorry) is needed for the deal to happen on draft night & Nassir would be a decent choice for forward depth off the bench. One will have to carefully factor in injury concerns when evaluating the team's depth. Keon Johnson
So like I said, Sharpe is likely to be ruled out. I debated if I should cover him at all but i'm honestly not sold on Shaedon as a prospect and we've already met the quota for rants with the "Simons/Scoot frontcourt will be exploited" talks. That said, I don't think the Raptors would settle for just Simons and the 3rd pick or the 3rd pick plus assets from a 3rd team were Anfernee moved due to the aforementioned backcourt issues with Simons and Scoot. For now we have Keon Johnson.
Fun fact: When the Raptors were expected to draft 7th in the 2021 draft
, Johnson was a common player mocked for the 7th pick.
He wound up going in the 20 to the Clippers (via the Knicks in a trade) who eventually fleeced the Blazers in a deal including him for Norman Powell.
Keon Johnson...hasn't really done a whole lot thus far. He was noted for having an impressive vertical of 48" at the 2021 combine which broke a previous record, he's a terrific athlete and he's about the same age as Scottie so he lines up with a rebuild or retool around Barnes...
...and that's where the positives end. Like I said, Keon hasn't demonstrated all that much on either team he's been on. For a guard, he's not a great ball handler, he isn't a good shooter, he's got decent size and the speed to be a good defender from 1-3 but his potential on that end does not All-Defense caliber. He'd be a throw-in that you'd hope can develop over time, likely spending a lot of time in the G-League because as of right now, he isn't going to be a significant contributor on either end. TL;DR - Keon is on a rookie deal so you'd be taking a flier on him/betting on your development bringing out the best in him if he were included. Other pick(s)
: As far as immediate draft capital goes, the Blazers have the 23rd pick in this draft, which is around the range where players the Raptors have been rumored to be interested in/interviewed (Bilal Couliby, GG Jackson) would likely be available. There's been some speculation that the Blazers could send this pick to the Bulls so they can get their owed pick back from Chicago but nothing concrete has come out regarding whether the Bulls would settle for that vs. hoping the Blazers make the 1st round and lose so they can get a pick in the 16-20 range.
That said, the future pick owed to the Bulls is where things get tricky if the Raptors did want a future 1st: The Blazers pick is protected until 2028
. It is technically possible for them to offer a swap in 2029 but without the protections being removed on the Bulls-bound 2024 1st (The 2029 pick cannot be moved due to the Stepien Rule), any future draft capital would need to come in the form of the 2023 trade deadline's currency of choice: Second round picks.
Some of the notable 2nds include:
- A 2024 2nd that could come from the Hornets or Wolves
- A 2028 Warriors 2nd
- This year's second via the Hawks which is 45th
- The Blazers own 2nd in 2028
Not that these are a good substitute for a first-rounder but with the Blazers draft capital being restricted and the CBA's changes to 2nd round contracts, it's better than no future firsts if the 2023 Knicks pick is considered a bridge too far. TL;DR - There is some interesting draft capital here beyond their own 1sts, especially if the 23rd pick is available in a deep draft like this, but ideally one would want a future 1st from the Blazers rather than a handful of 2nds given Dame's limited window. Conclusion
I was originally going to talk about the 4th overall pick too but this got a bit lengthy so I made that into a separate post. As far as the 3rd pick package, in some ways it's better than one surrounding the 4th pick because Simons is a flatout better player than any one the Rockets would send back but it's also worse when you factor in Simons or Scoot's respective ceilings vs some of the potential prospects that could come in a 4th pick package?
You're getting significant depth at the guard position if it is Scoot/Simons but there's a huge question mark as to how good the defense will hold up with two undersized guards, one of whom is a bad defender, will hold up in the playoffs.
2023.06.02 23:55 CommissionPutrid7019 Kitchenaid fridge not making ice after installing new filter
We use the Everydrop 1 filter to match our Kitchenaid ksc23c8eyy02. It’s a 10 year old side-by-side door fridge that came with the home purchase. We went longer than the recommended 6 months before replacing the water filter, but we’ve tried two new filters this week and while the water dispenser works fine, the machine isn’t making any new ice. We did realize that the other day my husband turned the ice maker off for probably about a day. Is the line or ice maker probably frozen? We don’t want to try to thaw out the lines unless necessary because we have no backup fridge or freezer and most of our food would go bad. Any ideas are welcome.
submitted by CommissionPutrid7019
to appliancerepair [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 23:48 Choyfriend Looking for a decent, entry-level DSLR.
As the title says, I am looking for a decent entry-level DSLR camera to replace the crappy one on my budget phone.
I intend to use it for travel, nature photography, taking photos of my food (I run a cooking blog), and to provide additional services to small businesses on top of the community management I currently offer (not billing myself as a professional photographer, of course, but offering to take photos for the social media pages, newsletters, etc.)
I'm in Quebec (Canada), and my budget is ideally under $700CAD all-included. I may be able to travel to the USA for a better price. I prefer not to buy used as having a warranty is important to me, and I've been ripped off by independent sellers before.
The Canon Rebel series has been showing up a lot in my searches, but I can't make heads or tails of the 2000D, 7, t7i, T100, etc. I have seen others asking about this line, but my understanding is there are new additions to the series, as well. Is that a good model for a beginner? I take photos often, so I definitely intend to use it for the next few years, I just really want to make sure I'm getting a good deal and also buying something that is sturdy, convenient, and will last me a while. Appreciate the input!
TL;DR Looking for a cheapish camera for everyday photography and small businesses that will last several years.
submitted by Choyfriend
to AskPhotography [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 23:46 The_Sportsologist Taking a look at the Bucks' cap situation
Hello friends, today I thought it would be fun to take a look at the Milwaukee Bucks' cap sheet and make some general observations about what to expect from them this offseason and moving forward. It's another big offseason for them as they no doubt are looking to improve their core, or at the least keep it together for another run. Let's see what that might look like.
Here is the Bucks' cap sheet heading into the 2023 offseason:
italics indicate player option
So as of right now, the Bucks have over 157.8 million committed to 8 players, including Middleton and Carter who have player options. With the luxury tax line expected to fall around 162 million, re-signing their key free agents could get very expensive for ownership if Middleton does opt into the final year of his contract. The new second apron and its dreaded penalties aren't set to kick in until next season so management doesn't have to worry about that for now, but of course that doesn't mean there isn't a limit put on them for what they can spend.
Milwaukee's free agents include Lopez, Ingles, Crowder, Thanasis, Matthews, Dragic, and Meyers Leonard. Lopez is obviously the priority, but he has value on the open market and will expect fair compensation if he does decide to return. The purpose of this exercise is not to debate the value of certain free agents and how much they'll get this summer, but we need to make some estimates. Let's say Lopez re-signs with the Bucks for 3 years, 15 million per season. In a scenario where Middleton and Carter pick up their 2023-2024 options, Milwaukee's total salary would be at around 10.8 million over the luxury cap this summer with 6 roster spots to fill out.
The ownership has shown willingness to pay luxury tax in the past, but there's always going to be a limit. And now there are new complications with paying the tax bill thanks to the new CBA. The already infamous 2nd apron is staring down teams, daring them not to cross. Furthermore, the Bucks are set to pay the luxury tax for a fourth consecutive season, triggering the repeater tax, which is even more brutal under the new CBA. The tax increase is reportedly not set to take effect until next year, but teams will still have to plan accordingly. And even without the increase, the repeater tax is pretty brutal as it stands. Ownership dug into their pockets last season and paid out about 84 million in luxury tax after the team's payroll went almost 30 million over the line. However, if we assume that ownership is willing to pay the same amount this year, which isn't a given, then management can only allow the payroll to go about 24 million over the line for 2023-2024. While this is possible in a scenario where Middleton picks up his option and they pay Lopez around 15 million, it will involve a lot of veteran minimums and it's hard to see Milwaukee being able to use the taxpayer MLE to add a fresh face.
If management's desire is to bring back the core of the team and see how they perform under a new coaching staff, then I imagine they will look to negotiate a new deal with Middleton. Considering that he has 40.4 million sitting on the table, we shouldn't expect Khris to accept anything less than a large, long-term deal to replace it. Middleton opting out to sign a 4-year deal worth 28 million per year could make sense for both sides. From Khris's perspective it would be like adding 3 years for 72 million onto his current 40 million dollar deal, which is a fair extension for someone with his age and injury history. From the Bucks' perspective, they free up 12.4 million this season which they can use to comfortably re-sign Lopez and maybe even bring back Crowder or use the MLE in free agency.
Let's say that both Ingles and Thanasis re-sign to veteran minimum deals. Since it's probably an underpay, let's also say that Carter turns down his player option and re-signs for 2 years, 5 million annually. Here is what the Buck's cap sheet could *theoretically* look like after using the full taxpayer MLE, re-signing Middleton and Lopez, and filling out the roster with a couple vets and a rookie:
total tax to pay$53,327,915.34
Under this configuration, the Bucks can keep their choice of free agents and also utilize the taxpayer MLE to add a new player to help them on their mission to win another championship. Of course, I don't expect their front office to end up with this cap sheet exactly as there are many different paths that they can go this summer. However, the Middleton decision is absolutely a domino for them as it could mean the difference between being able to run it back with a new free agent addition or struggling to re-sign Lopez.
So what do you think friends? Do you expect the Bucks to run it back next year? Should they try to sign Middleton to a new deal? Did you get any interesting observations from this exercise? DO your best Jon Horst impression and let me know!
submitted by The_Sportsologist
to u/The_Sportsologist [link] [comments]