Restaurants on hendersonville rd asheville nc
2009.12.30 07:46 alex10819 Asheville, NC
The best place online to discuss the city of Asheville, North Carolina
2013.04.23 23:40 OBXentertainment North Carolina Film
North Carolina film and television industry news, film series, local screenings, reviews, and other discussion.
2014.07.05 23:28 connertate8 A community for the town of Weaverville, North Carolina.
Sister city to the super important town of Asheville
2023.06.02 18:22 just-another-fan I went on the pirate ship website to mail something and this is on the homepage as a demo video
2023.06.02 15:04 Gator588 Actionable Steps That are Helping Me
First off I want to say what you are going through is only temporary. It is easy to beat yourself up about it thinking it is weird, or stupid, but just know that you are not alone and there are many other irrational fears that millions of people struggle with every day. Having said that, I have found some relief recently and wanted to post on here in the hopes that it helps some of you.
My story of this phobia started two years ago where I felt like I couldn't swallow while I was eating steak at a restaurant. This instantly triggered a panic attack, fight or flight response that freaked me out. I swallowed the piece just fine, but I believe that experience triggered this phobia in my subconscious. This lead to two straight years of overthinking every meal I experienced. I will admit, my phobia never got so bad that I couldn't eat solid food, but I had to eat very slow, over chew everything, and overall just stressing about something that should typically bring you happiness. However, in just the last week I have found some relief, and with time I am hopeful that I will conquer this once and for all.
Now, we all wish there was a magic pill that could make this instantly go away. There are a lot of anxiety meds out there and they seem to help a lot of people. However, I believe that all these do is suppress the symptoms, instead of fixing the root cause. So that was my mission, to put in the work and find a way to identify the root cause of my fear and anxiety around eating. Here is a list of what I did:
- I listened to this podcast episode from Stanford Neuroscientist on Erasing Fear and Trauma. Here is the link if you are interested - Erasing Fears & Traumas Based on the Modern Neuroscience of Fear Huberman Lab Podcast #49 - YouTube
- One thing I took away from this and started doing is the Cyclic Hyperventilation. Where for 5 minutes every day for two weeks you purposely put yourself in a state of stress and anxiety. He explains it in detail in the podcast, but I am 8 days in and it is really helping. While I do this I think about eating scary things such as steak. If you try this make sure you follow his precautions that he mentions on the podcast.
- I listened to another podcast from Huberman (he is a wealth of knowledge on a variety of topics). Here is the link if you are interested - Dr. Chris Palmer: Diet & Nutrition for Mental Health Huberman Lab Podcast #99 - YouTube
- This is one of the most fascinated podcasts I have ever listened to. This guy has actually healed people with Schizophrenia through diet and nutrition. Because of this podcast I started doing the keto diet about 10 days ago. Wow! I can't believe how much better I feel and how better my mental health and attitude concerning food. Now, I know it may seem counterproductive since our phobia is around eating, but there are many soft foods that would be considered low carb or keto. Avocado, soft scrambled eggs, soft cheeses, and milk are some of my staples. If you can't eat any of those, you can always make shakes with full fat milk, almond milk, and a variety of other items to make a very healthy low carb meal replacement shake.
- Cold Showers
- Sounds crazy and woo woo, but there is actually a lot of science around the mental (and physical) benefits of cold showers. I have been doing this in conjunction with the cyclic hyperventilation, and I really think they are helping. You can even start with a warm shower, and then finish with the cold for about 60-90 seconds. That is all it takes to get the benefits. Look up the Wim Hof Method and you can learn more about this.
- You don't have to get a gym membership, just find something (walking, biking, swimming) that gets your body moving. Exercise has been shown to greatly improve mental health. I recommend some kind of light shoulder exercise and neck stretches to really help strengthen that area and help swallowing.
- If you are on anxiety meds thats fine, but if not, Omega-3 supplements have been shown to provide an anti-depressant effect around the same level as an SSRI. You want to find a supplement that gives at least 2000mg of Omega 3. If you are interested, here is a link to what I have been taking for the last 10 days Amazon.com: OmegaWell Omega 3 Fish Oil - 2000mg Capsules: Heart, Brain, & Joint Support - 800 mg EPA 600 mg DHA - w/Natural Lemon Oil, Sustainably Sourced - Mini Softgels - 30 Day Supply : Health & Household
- If you can't swallow the pills, you can actually cut the tips off them and mix the oil in with a smoothie or water.
- I recommend a combination of these three. Find one that you like and try it out for a couple weeks. Focus on your breathing with any of these and they will help I guarantee it. There is an app called Plyability that use every night before bed. 10-20 minutes of stretching combined with breathwork and I feel amazing.
- I like the app "Breathwrk." There are dozens of breathing exercises you can work on and practice for what you think will help you. What has helped me is doing the "Lung Capacity" exercise. It forces you to take slow breaths with a 20 second breath hold. It is meant to strengthen your diaphragm and increase lung capacity. I think this really helps with my eating because a lot of anxiety starts with your breath. If you can learn to control your breath and your mind while eating, it makes the whole experience much easier.
- Talk to someone
- Spouse, family, therapist, anybody. Find someone to talk to about this. I opened up to my wife about it (I was embarrassed for a whole to mention this to anyone and tried to hide it), and I have felt much better and much less weird or ashamed. So find someone that will understand and help you work through it, it makes a world of difference.
I know this seems like a lot, but remember as much as we want to snap our fingers and make this go away, thats just not going to happen. Sometimes it takes action. But that is the beauty in this! You don't have to rely on a drug or a doctor to fix this, YOU HAVE CONTROL OVER YOUR OWN MIND. And if you have the control, you have the ability to fix it. It might be hard and may take some time, but you have the power to fix this fear! Remember, it is HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY unlikely that you will choke to death. The data is like 1.5/100,000 people choke to death. That includes babies, elderly people, and non-food choking deaths! Your body is hard wired to automatically chew and swallow, so this fear is just your brain getting in the way of what your body naturally knows what to do.
Hopefully some of this helps, feel free to reach out with any questions!
submitted by Gator588
to Pseudodysphagia [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 13:59 ReadytoExploretheWor So my birthday is coming up...
I just recently passed three years NC with my nparents. It's been a long road to get to where I am mentally and it'll probably never be completely normal but I'm doing the best I can to redeem what was taken from me for 38 years before my autism diagnosis.
One thing that has been a sticking point for me though has been my birthday. This year I will turn 41 years old and for the longest time, even into my childhood, my birthday wasn't much acknowledged. Some years they'd take us to a restaurant I chose,but many years it went by without much notice, like it was just another day. I didn't bring it up usually because I was afraid that my nparents would shout at me for being ungrateful that a roof over my head, clothes to wear, food to eat wasn't somehow enough. I would try to plan parties or birthday dinners as I got older and many of them would fall flat...even had a couple years where no one showed at all.
I don't make appeals like this often, especially in a forum like this, but one of my wishes this year is that this post doesn't end up like many of my posts on this sub, forgotten...shuffled to the dark corners where you only find them if you search for my exact username. I'd like to open my email and see lots and LOTS of birthday wishes from this community I've called family for the last few years as I have learned more about the people in my life.
I won't share personal information here for privacy reasons and sub rules, but if you'd like to send an e-card you can drop me a DM and I'll give that information there.
I just want to know that I matter and my birthday matters (and I know my birthday is in July, it's just something I had on my mind this morning)
submitted by ReadytoExploretheWor
to raisedbynarcissists [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 04:57 Calyptea LF Housemate for private BR/BA in a 2 BR/BA (Edgewater)
Seeking a long-term housemate (min 1 year) for a private bed/bath in Edgewater for $925/mo (utilities and Wi-Fi included) in a 2BBA. A $50 background/credit check is required if you are planning to sign a lease. A Non-refundable $300 fee for the management company and a month's rent for the deposit are required (deposit payment can be spread through 3 months). Available July 1st (or mid Jun if necessary).
I am located on Sheridan Rd by multiple bus lines (136, 147, 151), grocery stores (Whole Foods, Aldi), and restaurants which are all walkable and minutes away. Within a <10 min walk is the main Loyola University campus, Northwestern University Shuttle, CTA bus lines (Broadway/Clark/Devon), and Red line CTA (Granville and Thorndale are equidistant).
Building amenities include elevators, mail/package sort, outdoor pool (summer only), gym, sauna, bike storage (one-time fee for registration), and valet parking ($100/mo and not included in rent). The private bedroom has very bright east-facing windows, spacious with a roomy closet. Fully furnished with basic furnishing (bed frame + mattress, desk, office chair, dressenight stand and sterilite shelving in closet). The LR, balcony, and Kitchen are shared with me as commons.
About me: I am a female in my 30s. I am currently a full-time nursing student and part-time nursing assistant. I have two cats that are strictly in the living room (no go if you have allergies). I am mostly quiet and approachable, though I keep to myself and my studies. I am clean and expect the same! Female students/nonsmokers are highly preferred, especially if you want to have a chill and quiet place to study/sleep like me! Please no pets unless they are smaller animals that are content to be in your bedroom.
Feel free to reach out to me for more pics/information/questions etc, thanks! Edit: Oops someone messaged me asking about laundry, which I forgot to include... Laundry is ON SITE in the basement
submitted by Calyptea
to chicagoapartments [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 04:53 mazman23 More Tour Dates!
2023.06.02 03:32 lkyknowhtvr Chat Pile / Nerver US Tour in September!
2023.06.02 03:11 SlightFarmer8874 How would you have played this?
I (m/50's) was dating a woman for 3 years (F/50's), semi LDR, she lived an hour away and we saw each other on weekends. The first year was awesome, no problems whatsoever, then last year she started to go distant, I asked what was up and she said that there was nothing wrong, by the end of the summer she wouldn't sleep with me as often and wasn't so concerned about sitting beside me in group settings around a campfire for example. Then she dropped the bomb, or the talk as it were. She asked me what are we doing here? I said nothing, dating one another, why what's up? She mentioned a few things she apparently had gripes with and they weren't that big honestly IMHO, I reasoned them out with her, then she says we don't do anything together aside from cottaging, I explained to her that we're coming out of a Pandemic lockdown what did she expect to do? We couldn't go to restaurants, a trip was out of the question due to her shiftwork (she would have to take a week's pay hit even if I paid for the trip) among other things. We almost broke up during that conversation in September, It really pissed me off because she wasn't letting me know along the way like couples do for relationship course corrections. She just saved it all up and let me have it. We eventually finished the discussion and she apologized and said she just needed some time, I said ok if you need space you call me when you want and have time. We then hugged, kissed and had make up sex. This was not a break, we kept on like usual just not in touch every night as before. Then she mentioned that she had 3 events during the winter that I would not be part of, one was a wedding for her close friends that she would be attending with her ex ( they were friends with the married couple before I came along so it would have been awkward, she gets along with her ex but there's nothing there romatically, he also had a girlfriend that didn't attend), and then 2 other week long events concerning one of her hobbies and the second a conference for her career that she was a keynote speaker. She kept in touch the whole time sending me pictures and texting me pretty well every night. After the conferences and the new job that she declined a month in, her schedule became less hectic and I was looking forward to seeing her on a more regular basis but it was not to be, she found all kinds of reasons in the last 3 months to NOT be around, I saw her a total of 10 times on weekends during the whole winter, including christmas and new years together but there was very little sex and she seemed distant. Fast forward to the May long weekend, I haven't seen her for a month, work etc. and was looking forward to seeing her, at the last minute she says she has no room at the trailer because her kids were coming up. This was never an issue for the past 2 years, I asked why is it different now? She said she was taking a break. I said ok enough! I spent the last month waiting to see you and now at the last minute you're taking a break from me? No advance notice when we discussed this a few times, We're done. So I end up doing my own thing for the long weekend and she texts me Sunday night that she misses me and will miss me... I didn't reply, I mean WTF? You tell me 2 days ago that you don't want to see me after being apart for a month and now you miss me? Weird. I go into full NC, a week later she texts me again and says what great weather it is and hoping I'm up at the cottage etc. and at the end of the message she says she misses her friend. ?? Friend? since when? The following day she sends another text saying she's surprised that I wouldn't talk and started to discuss getting her stuff (snowmobile, bed she donated to the cottage etc.) and left it up to me to reach out when I'm ready. Then on monday she calls, rings twice and hangs up, 2 seconds later she texts me sorry my arm hit the phone. Yes I'm the dumper when it's all said and done but it seems she wanted me to do it, in retrospect all winter wanted me to do it. WTF is going on here? Why was she so quick to text that she misses me when it's basically what she wanted? I know that it's probably too far gone to fix and honestly aside from abruptly ripping the band aid off by breaking up why would someone string me along for 8 months and then suddenly be all offended and missing me when she made it impossible for a normal person to stay involved?
submitted by SlightFarmer8874
to BreakUps [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 02:05 revolutiontime161 Was there ever a Weber Grill restaurant on Milwaukee, just north of Lake Cook Rd ?
submitted by revolutiontime161 to ChicagoSuburbs [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 18:38 mr_mo0n ID please — Asheville, NC. On branches of a large Rhodendron
2023.06.01 17:47 DaphneLovesNiles Mediterranean Grill and Grocery is hiring
Hey BullCity! My neighborhood restaurant is hiring for cashiers and cooks ASAP! Mediterranean Grill and Grocery is in Parkwood off of Revere Rd. The food is amazing, and the owners are so kind. Pay is based on experience, and tips go to both the cashier and cook. Message me if you’re interested!
submitted by DaphneLovesNiles
to bullcity [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 17:38 temporalthingss Rental scams?
I reached out online about a house I saw listed for rent online (Redfin), and immediately got a call from a man claiming to be an independent property manager of the home. Online, there was no move-in date or pet policy, and when I asked about those things he immediately told me my desired move-in date (August) and pets would work prefect. He sent over the application and told me the application fee, and then called back twice within 10 mintues telling me to fill it out. When I asked him who the owner of the houe was, he told me a name different from who is listed on the Asheville GIS (I found using avlmap.ashevillenc.gov
). I asked to set up a time to go see the home and he pressed me to fill out the application.
Also when I googled this manager's (unique sounding) name, nothing comes up except for an obituary and a few other random people across the country.
Obvioulsy I'm not going to send any $, but does this give anyone else big red flags?
It's hard out here y'all!
Edit to add: I submitted a report to Redfin, hopefully they take the post down and get better about vetting their listings.
Edit again to add: I'm just gonna lightly dox this redfin listing in the off-chance someone else thinks about applying https://www.redfin.com/NC/Asheville/35-Ferncliff-Dr-28805/unit-N-A/home/185557510
submitted by temporalthingss
to asheville [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 17:09 Luluafficionado Should I move an hour away?
Currently looking for some advice! I’m a first time home buyer just out of college renting in Raleigh Nc. Unfortunately, I haven’t had much luck finding something in Raleigh/Durham in my budget that I like. However, I found a beautiful home an hour away from where I currently live. The home is in a smaller town but close to the interstate and local businesses. Given it’s location I would still be able to maintain my lifestyle, for the most part, there is a gym under ten minutes away as well various stores and restaurants. On the other hand, I love my life in Raleigh and the various commodities it offers. I’m worried about potentially losing some of these, the town the house is in doesn’t seem to have much of a nightlife for younger folks. This town is mostly older homes and families. It seems dumb to consider the lack of night/social life since this isn’t something I need but do occasionally enjoy. Likewise, I don’t want a factor like this to affect me potentially buying a really nice home but want to make a reasonable decision for my lifestyle.
I work from home so moving an hour away will not affect my job. Although I am worried about the job prospects given the smaller town. My current job is fine but isn’t something I would want to make a career of. This is why I’m hesitant to move also. Raleigh has a huge job market and am worried I will be missing out on future opportunities if I move an hour away. Same goes for my bf that will be living with me.
My total budget is 300k, this house is 275k. I have seen houses in Durham at the top of my budget that are move in ready but they are not as nice as this one. Similarly, everything in my budget in Durham is only 1000 sq ft while this house is almost 1700 sq ft. Houses in Durham also rarely have a decent yard which I want given my two dogs and cat.
Ideally, I would like to host my family and friends. This house would also allow me to do that given it has two living spaces, a bar, and a decent sized yard. Though I’m worried my friends won’t want to drive and hour to come visit. Although this house is only thirty minutes away from my family so this wouldn’t be an issue for them. I know my extended family would love for me to host here.
On the other hand I’ve heard many mixed opinions about Durham. But I was raised there so I don’t think it’s too bad although I am hesitant to move back. My parents are helping me with closing costs and would prefer me to live in Durham. Despite their opinion I am really considering this house but am worried about making the wrong decision. My only concern with this house is the location but I highly doubt I will be able to find a house this nice in my budget in Raleigh/Durham. Please offer advice!
submitted by Luluafficionado
to FirstTimeHomeBuyer [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 16:55 ebradio Chat Pile Announce US Tour
2023.06.01 16:47 ltgrady What is the Easier Type of Bike to Ride?
I'm researching ebikes for my wife and I. We've ridden bikes together a few times but she never had a bike as a kid and is really nervous riding. She white knuckles the whole time. I'm hoping an ebike and some consistent riding will help her get over that fear.
So I was wondering what is easier for someone who is nervous on a bike to ride. I was looking at larger off-road bikes with 26" wide tires (4" or more wide) like Adventure 2, Basalt ST, Rad Rover type step-through bikes. They're big, have suspension and should be a soft ride, the big tires roll over everything . However, they're heavy and I'm concerned about controlling the weight. I was ALSO looking at the smaller cargo type bikes like the Lectric XP, Heybike Tyson, and Aventon Synch. These have smaller tires, usually 20" (but still fat), and seem much smaller and lighter. We could also fold some of them for easier transport.
My question is what TYPE of bike is easier to ride for an inexperienced riders. The lighter bike seems like they might be easier to control and maneuver, but the smaller tires seem like they will be less forgiving. I want her to have a good experience right off the bat so I'm looking for what will be easiest to stay up on, get going and stop, and feel stable.
We'll mostly be riding on rail trails, national/state park fire roads and permitted trails, and around parks and along greenways. We live in Western NC just South of Asheville. We will definitely be on dirt, rock, and other types of surfaces so a lot of the cruisers and commuters don't seem like the right fit.
submitted by ltgrady
to ebike [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 15:34 brokegaysonic [REQ] ($300)(#Asheville,NC,USA) (Repay $375 on 06/30) (paypal, venmo, cashapp)
I had to have a surgery that left me on some unpaid leave I'm still struggling with the aftermath of. I get a paycheck thats extra large on the 30th and can pay you back then! I have a great track record on here and have never been late. If one loan is showing up as unpaid, the redditor who originally gave it to me got a suspension. Said he contacted mods. Can get receipt of paying them back. Thanks!
submitted by brokegaysonic
to borrow [link] [comments]
2023.06.01 07:15 launglaachiaus Indian Restaurant Burwood Road Hawthorn
| || |https://preview.redd.it/uudti41pbc3b1.jpg?width=526&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=572aae75897be143547bb985ee5e01fbb176cd15 submitted by launglaachiaus to u/launglaachiaus [link] [comments]
The best authentic food Indian Restaurants in Hawthorn can be offer at Laung Laachi. You'll want more of the delectable meals and other foods that our chefs create because they are masters at doing so. For you to enjoy with your family and friends, we provide the tastiest Indo Chinese, vegetarian, non-vegetarian, idly / vada, dosa, combination deals, family packs, breads, rice & biryani, noodles, and more! The best Indian Restaurant Burwood Road Hawthorn
can be found at Laung Laachi. For weddings, birthday parties, business gatherings, and more, we provide delicious food with authentic Indian flavour. We guarantee to deliver you fresh cuisine every time you make an order because we have more than 50 items on our menu that are all freshly prepared. Genuine flavour created with regional products and robust Indian spices. We prepare exotic dishes with an authentic taste and heavenly aroma. Sumptuous meals no matter, you are ordering a veg snack or a non-veg entrée, our meals are sumptuous and soul satisfying. Website: https://www.launglaachi.com.au/ Address:
361 Burwood Rd, Hawthorn VIC 3122, Australia Gmail:
2023.06.01 04:32 badmonkey20mf First Pinehurst trip!
So excited for my 50th birthday trip to Pinehurst in July! It will be my first time in NC. Have tee times on #7, #9 and #2 (wanted to do #4 & #8 but they were having tournaments on them.) Also have 3 rounds booked for The Cradle short course, and will hit Thistle Dhu also.
Anybody have advice or recommendations to make this the best trip ever? Don’t have time for extra rounds off property but will have a car in case there’s any can’t miss restaurants or attractions nearby.
Thanks for your input!
submitted by badmonkey20mf
to golf [link] [comments]
2023.05.31 22:50 yvesfairies TO DO X TXT filming locations that look like backrooms levels
much like many other kpop groups nowadays, the boys of txt have a personal variety show called TO DO, wherein they embark on various missions and side quests. the show is very funny and while i do recommend watching it, i also feel inclined to warn you all of the sheer number of episodes that were filmed in frankly nauseating liminal spaces. so, without further ado, it is my honour and my duty to present to you
An Extensive List of TO DO Filming Locations That Look Like Backrooms Levels
- The White Box™ featured in episodes such as "EP. 05 Screaming in Silence", "EP. 62 Learn About Your Members", "EP. 70 Bye guys, I'm leaving first!", "EP. 92 TXT Pajama Party", and many, many, MANY more
- Someone's Granny's House featured in episodes 51, 52, 53 and 54
- The trampoline park(??) featured in episodes 20 & 21
- The dimly lit HYBE building after dark, from the three-part series "Outlaws of HYBE" (featuring guest appearances from: Bighit staff members in hyperrealistic dog masks; a family portrait of BTS; a life-sized Huening Kai cutout, and more!)
- The old stripy bighit building, featured in episodes 06, 18, 19 and more
- Txt's old dorm (very clearly occupied by five teenage boys), featured in episodes 7 and 8
- A capitalist 9-5 job simulator themepark, featuring various staff members cosplaying npcs: episodes 30-31, and the recent three-part instalment, "EP. 105, EP. 106 and EP. 107: TO DO Town Revival Youth Association"
- A completely deserted and nauseatingly-lit internet cafe, honestly this one's the worst for me, "EP. 79 PC Bang"
- A strange restaurant/kitchen that somehow looks like both an ikea setup and something i might've made on the sims in 2010, as seen in "TAEHYUN's Restaurant Nightmare" parts 1 & 2
- The haunted escape room (house???) from EP. 41, featuring random light cuts, staff members throwing flour at them, doors sealed shut with chains, and strings binding everyone together, to name a few
- ANOTHER escape room, this one isn't quite as freaky as the last one but it is very claustrophobic (EP. 28)
- and What I'm Assuming Is A Police Station, though for all i know it's actually real, featured in the copaganda episodes 59 and 60
that's all for now! feel free to plug even more kpop idol-liminal space content in the comments hehe
submitted by yvesfairies
to kpopthoughts [link] [comments]
2023.05.31 18:01 Bone_Fish Lost dog in West Asheville
2023.05.31 16:42 Truman-Lodge South College Rd., 1957 and now. The house on the right still stands today, known as Port City Tattoo, 1305 College Rd, Wilmington, NC
2023.05.31 07:53 pochetinho Chill Brazilian guy gets some pretty decent results
Residence: Brazil 🇧🇷
Income Bracket: >600k
Type of School: Private Catholic
Hooks (Recruited Athlete, URM, First-Gen, Geographic, Legacy, etc.): None
Intended Major(s): Economics
GPA/Rank (or percentile): ~90/100 (no weights), school doesn't rank
# of Honors/AP/IB/Dual Enrollment/etc.: None
Senior Year Course Load: Standard Brazilian courseload I guess
List the highest scores earned and all scores that were reported.
SAT/ACT: 1460 (730RW, 730M)
TOEFL: 112/120 (29R, 28L, 29S, 26W)
Varsity 5-a-side soccer (4 years, team captain for 2)
Varsity Volleyball (1 year, team captain)
Math tutor at my school (1 year)
Class president and Vice-president (2 years, 1 year each)
Organized a fundraiser in 12th grade to help an NGO
Nothing of notice tbh, didn't have a lot of opportunity to even earn any in the first place.
Personal Essay Common App: Overall good, wrote about losing a friend and how that helped me mature my overview of relationships in general. 8/10
LORs: All three (Counselor, Philosophy/History teacher, and Portuguese teacher) were very good. Have close relationships with all of them, with really helped my case. 9/10
Decisions (indicate ED/EA/REA/SCEA/RD)
THE Ohio State University (EA) - Committed (GO BUCKEYES!)
Indiana University (EA)
UM Twin Cities (EA)
UC San Diego (RD)
UW Madison (RD)
NC State (RD)
Georgia Tech (EA)
Takeaways and Conclusion:
From the very start of the app process, I knew that I didn't want to be one of those people who put major emphasis on where they'll end up going (not that it's wrong, it just isn't my path). Especially as an international, most, if not all of the unis above are miles better than anything I'd find in my home country. And, most important of all, I stayed true to what I thought was important. I had a blast in my senior year, did everything I wanted to do (while staying on a good trajectory academically), and still got amazing results. At the end of the day, I ended up in the place I thought would fit me the best, where I could truly find a second home. And for that I couldn't be more thankful.
I just wanted to post this to leave a message to everyone who will apply to college in the future, especially the class of 2024: ALWAYS stay true to yourself. Don't do something or apply/attend somewhere just because of its status or because your family wants you to go there. Do what YOU feel is the best for yourself, and never look back. Everyone has a different life story, and the best thing you can do for yours is to be happy while you can.
submitted by pochetinho
to collegeresults [link] [comments]
2023.05.31 06:16 WeldAE The Success of Voting on Tesla Charger locations
Was looking through the Tesla charger map and noticed some of the new Tesla charging locations based on votes in the South East. What stands out is generally how good the choices are for the ones I have first hand knowledge of which is most of them as 7 out of 12 of them are near me. Here are my thoughts on the locations but I'd love to hear what everyone thinks, especially about the locations not covered by me. Is this voting for chargers a good thing or not solving real problems?
- South East
- Appalachian Mountains
- Sylva, NC - Q4 2022 - Probably the most important addition to me personally but also to anyone that owns a Tesla in the greater Atlanta area. Anyone that lives in Atlanta tends to take weekend trips north to the Great Smokies National Park, Asheville, NC or north of Asheville to ski. There are two ways to generally travel north; Via i85 in the dead of night when the traffic is down to a dull roar or more commonly via GA-400 and then through winding mountain roads. I've yet to be able to take I85 without adding 2 hours to the trip because of traffic. It's a 209 mile trip with significant elevation changes. If you want to arrive with some driving around charge, or if you intend to head back the same day you need to hit a charger on the way in or out. There are zero chargers between Atlanta and Asheville unless you take the I85 route. To say this charger is needed is a huge understatement and it was 1st place in the first ever vote in Q4 2022 for a reason. How Tesla missed this in their own analysis over the years I do not know.
- Dalton, GA - Q4 2022 - This is the same case as the Sylva, NC just when going North-West. While MUCH less of an issue, you tend to avoid I75 for traffic reasons getting out of Atlanta and it fills in a nice gap. I wouldn't have voted for this one, it's just not a big deal that I can see but would love to hear from anyone that understands it.
- Helen, GA - Q1 2023 - This is a VERY popular day trip destination for all of Atlanta so no surprise. It's out of the way when going to Asheville so it stands on it's own as a needed charging location.
- Future - In general there is a pretty big hole north of Atlanta, home to 6m+ people so I expect more wins in future rounds of voting in this area.
- Destin, FL - Q1 2023 - Big vacation destination location with limited ability to easily drive out to any of the locations on I10 for charging. You'll see more of these show up like this in FL where the barrier islands get chargers.
- Cape Caneveral, FL - Q1 2023 - Another barrier island location that really needed a charger. I personally have had to go 60 miles out of my way to Titusville and Melbourne, FL on many trips because there wasn't a charger in Port Canaveral, Cocoa Beach, Satellite Beach, etc. Super excited for this one.
- Okeechobee - Q4 2022 - Not hard to see why this one won.
- Key West - Q1 2023 - Having gone to Key West recently, I get why this location won, but it isn't 100% needed. I would have MUCH rather seen one in Key Largo or Islamorada instead. That said, I consider this another string in the 3 out of 4 in FL being on barrier islands.
- Future - No surprise here. More chargers on the barrier islands or peninsulas with limited access to the mainland.
- Eastern Canada
- Bromont, QB - Q1 2023
- Future ???
- North West
- Kalispell, MT - Q1 2023 - Seems very obvious, fills a massive hole. We really need more winners like this for sure.
- Future - ???
- North East - No Wins
- Future - This area of the US seems to have some of the worst lack of Tesla chargers. Not sure why they aren't winning more locations.
- Central US - No Wins
- Future - Lots of holes to fill but not a lot of population so hard to see them winning votes outside of maybe TX and IL, both of which have good coverage already.
- Lee Vining, CA - Q1 2023 - ???
- Morro Bay, CA - Q4 2022 - ???
- Big Bear Lake, CA - Q4 2022 - Came in 2nd place in the first vote Tesla held so very popular. It plugs a hole near a big destination but I don't have local knowledge on it.
- Future - It seems CA is well covered but also seems to have the most capacity issues. Maybe Tesla should add an option for adding capacity to existing locations in future votes?
submitted by WeldAE
to electricvehicles [link] [comments]