Hollow knight main theme sheet music
2008.05.11 04:24 Classical Music
Whether you're a musician, a newbie, a composer or a listener, welcome. Please turn off your phone, and applaud between threads, not individual posts.
2023.06.09 00:40 ctdeguz What's everyone's favorite D20 music tracks (minor Ravening War EP 5 spoilers)?
With Fabian's music returning in Ravening War Episode 5
, what are everyone's favorite D20 music tracks?
As a guy from New Jersey, close to New York City, The Unsleeping City opening sequence track
and the intro/outro song
are my favorites (probably with a little bias). A very close second on my list is Fabian's main theme
in Fantasy High.
What are your favorite D20 tracks?
submitted by ctdeguz
to Dimension20 [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 00:21 nrose21 Update - Prime - A HEAVILY Modified Version of S-GPT - API and Official ChatGPT App Versions
This is a modified version of Federico Viticci’s S-GPT shortcut. It has all the capabilities of S-GPT and more. Reply “stop” to end the shortcut.
Prime is a shortcut to have conversations with OpenAI's ChatGPT assistant on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. The shortcut supports both text conversations as well as voice interactions when used inside Siri. You can also start a conversation through the Share Sheet, where Siri Prime will do its best to summarize the input and then allow you to talk about it. The shortcut requires a helper shortcut called Prime Encoder that needs to be downloaded separately. Persona Mode requires an ElevenLabs API key and a Voice ID to be entered in Prime Encoder. Privacy permission pop ups will appear during the first run of the shortcut, first run of some of the “Modes”, and for various “Actions”, like saving a file, when they are used for the first time. Some of these will show up multiple times, which is normal for the way the Shortcut is made. Choose “always allow” to avoid these in the future. Setup: You will need to create a folder called “Siri Prime” in your iCloud drive. Inside the “Siri Prime” folder, you will need to make 4 more folders:
- "Siri Prime Memory" - Include 3 sub folders called “Chat”, “Share Sheet”, and “Persona”. This will be the save location for different memories.
- "Siri Prime Audio Files" - Include 2 sub folders called "Intros" and "Replies". This will be the save location for the audio files created in Persona Mode.
- "Siri Prime Chat Export" - Include 2 sub folders called “Latest Response” and “Full Chat”. This will be the save location for "Export Chat" trigger.
- "Siri Prime Pictures" - This will be the save location for the Picture Mode.
Siri Prime's Modes: Say or type “run (trigger) mode” to activate. The “run” phrases can be said at any point in your response to allow for more fluid activation. Some of these modes are available through Siri, but I wanted to add them to Siri Prime to increase functionality. Triggers
- Brings up a menu with various export options, then stops the shortcut.
- Siri Prime will interact with your clipboard. Ex: “Summarize my clipboard” or “Draft a polite response to the message in my clipboard”.
- Siri Prime will gather and summarize text from the selected photo.
- Siri Prime will check the next 5 days for events and availability.
- Siri Prime will create the requested playlist in Apple Music.
- Siri Prime will provide you with a friendly weather report for anywhere in the world.
- Siri Prime will provide you with a friendly 10 day forecast for anywhere in the world.
(Requires OpenAI API Key) - Siri Prime will take a basic idea for a picture and spruce it up for Dall-e.
(Requires ElevenLabs API Key )- Siri Prime will start a conversation as the chosen ElevenLabs voice. Remaining words for your account will be displayed in the user input prompt. Reply “Stop” to end Persona Mode. Due to a bug with Siri and the “Play Sound” action, this is best run from the shortcut
- Siri Prime will take a basic idea for a SMS message and spruce it up before sending it to the selected contact. Contacts are selected by first name.
- Siri Prime will search nearby for the given criteria and then get directions for your choice.
- Siri Prime will send or request money from the selected contact. For anyone having a "file not found" error, make sure you have created the required sub folders inside of the 4 main folders. It should look like Siri Prime>4 main folders>required sub folders for each of the main folders. Please read setup carefully.
Edit: Fixed an issue with Picture mode for the app version.
-Prime (API Version): https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/7290aea62474412f8fc52c2b1cbe521f
-Prime Encoder (API Version): https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/a7df5a07e68a47e79db68da9a746da02
Prime 1 (ChatGPT App Version): https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/505010b14c0f443588a8c765e42aed65
Prime Encoder 1 (ChatGPT App Version): https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/3a626c5c950f4827afabec3b60e67bb4
submitted by nrose21
to shortcuts [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 00:07 Titanicslickers Anyone Else Not A Fan Of Their Main's Music?
So I've been playing Marisa since I got the game and I really love her gameplay and story, but I was finding in matches that her music just never clicked with me and even got a little irritating at times
I was just wondering if anyone else has had this with their main character?
For the record, I actually love the majority of the music in this game, especially Jamie's theme
submitted by Titanicslickers
to StreetFighter [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 00:06 Humane-Garbage The OST for Rainy Season slaps
I really like the music for this event but I’m not sure what it reminds me of (I wanna say Hollow Knight but idk)
submitted by Humane-Garbage
to NuCarnival [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 23:05 Zjruma14 [TOMT] [Minecraft Horror Series] [Youtube] [2014-2018]Minecraft Detective Horror Movie Series on YouTube
Does anyone remember a mystery/horror Minecraft series from between 2014-2018 involving like a detective/protagonist solving or being caught in a mystery in a small town? I distinctly remember watching this series as a kid and remember it genuinely freaking me the hell out. I was very sheltered as a kid and I remember this was my first introduction to horror, a genre I now love. It basically revolved around a detective or other main character coming to an island to solve murders or violence happening in a local town. It may have been tourists to the town as well. I believe the killer may have ended up being herobrine or another evil entity. I remember it was incredibly well made with cinematic camera angles and even narration. But it was not animated but was Minecraft gameplay with full voice acting or maybe text based dialogue. I don’t remember much about the town but it was like a seaside/island town and was covered in like a thick and dreary fog. The fog combined with the unsettling music still freaks me tf out to this day, especially as someone who played Minecraft all of his childhood. The show had hella dark themes and adult content of murder and violence that I remember shocking me as a kid. If anyone has any idea or memory of a series like this let me know!
submitted by Zjruma14
to tipofmytongue [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 22:31 ModernWarMexicn [H] Must have metrovania plus more [W] offers
IGS Rep https://www.reddit.com/IGSRep/comments/12echh6/modernwarmexicns_igs_rep_page/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=2&utm_term=1
Ghost wire Tokyo
Haiku the robot
Conan chop chop
Sonic & Sega: All-Stars Racing
Honey I joined a cult
Get in the car, loser
A blind legend
Superhot: mind control delete
Bendy and the dark revival
The surge 2
Song of horror: complete edition
Is Simon there? (Steam gift)
Out of the box
Slain: back from hell
Borderlands 3 directors cut
Spec ops the line
Life is Strange 2: Complete Season
The invisible hand
Metro redux bundle
Double kick Heros
Between the stars
Rebel Galaxy Outlaw
The ambassador: fractured timelines
The town of light
Death Stranding Directors Cut
The life and suffering of sir Brante
The long dark: survival edition
Kerbal space program
- 12 is Better Than 6
- 5 Dates
- Act of Aggression - Reboot Edition -A girls fabric face
- Anomaly: Warzone Earth
- Autonauts (3) -Autonauts vs pirate bots
- Barrier X
- Book of Demons
- Convoy -Crashday Redline edition -Crazy machines 3 -Darkwood
- Dead Age -Dead end job -Dead island definitive edition
- Dead Light -Desolate
- Doom 64 -Evans remains -Fallout 3
- Fobia St Dinfna Hotel -Founders fortune
- Game Dev Studio
- Garfield Kart - Furious Racing -Geometric Sniper- Blood in Paris
- Goat of Duty -Golden light
- Gone Home + Original Soundtrack (2) -Home front the revolution -Hook -Hot shot racing
- Hokko Life
- Impulsion -indie mixtape -Inside Depth 6
- Iron Fisticle (3)
- Main Assembly
- Manual Samuel
- Monument Builders - Alcatraz -Monster prom 2: monster camp
- Nomad Survival
- Outbuddies DX (2) -Out of space
- Payday 2
- Peaky Blinders: Mastermind
- Pixel Heroes: Byte & Manic
- Pumped BMX Pro -Revita
- Rogue Lords
- ScourgeBringer -Serial cleaner -Snafu (steam gift)
- Smoke and Sacrifice (2)
- Space Com (2)
- Space Crew Legendary Edition (2)
- Spirit Hunter: Death Mark
- Stikbold! A Dodgeball Adventure -Stick it to the Man! -Suite 776 (steam gift)
- Super Meat Boy Forever -System shock: enhanced edition
- The Wild Eight -This war of mine
- Terrian of magical expertise
- Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York -Vambrace: Cold soul
- Wargame: Airland Battle -Within Skerry (steam gift)
submitted by ModernWarMexicn
to indiegameswap [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 22:17 GlassBeatles [Online][Flexible][Low-fantasy][Relatively new][+18][MST] Semi-brutal low magic, historical-inspired, dungeon crawler relic looter elements, visual storytelling, laid-back players (alternatively, a similar but modern Indiana Jones type campaign like this)
The title's a mouthful, but I've been learning about ancient lore and universes similar to Conan the Barbarian. I've played Barrowmaze w LotFP a couple years back and, between finding rare but amazing relics, being surprised at the most mundane of discoveries (our friendly knight was an orc this whole time? This wand can cast a ball of light? Oh my gods!), seeing firsthand little forgiveness for the unprepared/uncreative, and exploring ruins and tombs that vary from inaccessible caved-in mysteries to looted duds to long labyrinths cursed with wandering undead, it was one of the best experiences I've had in my time with TTRPGs.
Still, I'm not a minmaxer or someone who is entirely serious about gaming so I would like a less intense experience while still being kept on my toes and ready with a fresh new character sheet every session just in case.
I've done many 5e sessions (mainly one-shots) before. The problem is that a lot of the magic and fantasy feel "saturated" to the point where I would see a time-traveling demon lord Genasi and I wouldn't blink an eye. I think something simpler would remedy that.
Although if DMs make a worldbuild like this in any system I'd be down to play.
I like to play characters with simple motivations and simple backstories, usually farmers or mercenary types.
I'm going to list some systems that may or may not be like what I'm looking for (I haven't done research on any of them):
[BRP] Basic Roleplaying
[CoC] Call of Cthulhu
[DCC] Dungeon Crawl Classic
[ADND] Dungeons & Dragons Advanced
[DND2e] Dungeons & Dragons Advanced, 2nd ed.
[5e] Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition
[LotFP] Lamentations of the Flame Princess
I'm also [Fem] and, though I'd prefer to have a group of women, I'm not at all opposed to a mixed/male party.
submitted by GlassBeatles
to lfg [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 22:13 Pretend_Troller Universal collapse
Hey does anyone or can anyone find the drum kit sheet music for this theme it sounds really nice and I want to learn it.
submitted by Pretend_Troller
to CalamityMod [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 21:40 DreamDragonP7 Eight Billion
On the planet teeming with eight billion others, I was just another face in the crowd, navigating the tumultuous corridors of high school, unknowing of how little I actually mattered to the universe. Today, we were ticking off the second to last day of the school year, and we had the liberty of a half day, making lunchtime the closing bell.
At fifteen, I was awkwardly wading through the stormy seas of adolescence, complete with the scourge of hormonal surges and the unfortunate sprinkling of acne dotting my face. My world was wonderfully wrapped up in a corner of our high school cafeteria, a realm presided over by Emila. The dazzling subject of my dreams, she held me under her spell with her enchanting beauty. Her hair, a river of glistening platinum, formed a comforting canopy around me, filling my senses with a tantalizing mix of coconut-scented shampoo and the memorable reminder of our gym sessions.
“Alex, come back to Earth!”
My Emila-infused daydream was interrupted by Elijah, my only friend in a table full of acquaintances.
“Did you see the TikTok I sent?”
He asked, a twinkle of devilish delight dancing in his eyes. I fumbled for my phone, eager for a dose of Elijah’s promised comedy, only to find the video was no longer available with unsurprising speed.
“Man, it was comedy gold! Imagine Thanos, asscheeks and all, telling the most offensive Holocaust joke. Legendary stuff”
Elijah chuckled heartily, his laughter echoing around the room, amplified by his own creative narrative.
“Sure sounds like it”
I muttered, my gaze returning to Emila. Her attention was stolen by my older brother, the infamous Mikey, whose joke had her laughing. Mikey, a final year student with a solid record of academic underachievement and a proclivity for marijuana, was a walking, talking, stoner stereotype. What was unsettling was his inexplicable charm with the wide-eyed freshman girls, a twisted hobby that gave him an unusual sense of satisfaction.
As the bell shrilled, signaling the end of the school day, Mikey abruptly stood up, the metal chair beneath him screeching. His next words, a slurred mix of slangs and contemporary cuss words, were aimed at summoning his freshman fan club. At the same time, he bumbled out a half-hearted invitation for Emila to join their quest for illicit pleasures. Emila's reaction was a fusion of disgust and amusement, an expression I decided to commit to memory for my poetry. She gracefully declined his offer with a well-rehearsed flip of her hair and a disdainful wave of her hand, then she returned to her conversation, laughter pealing from her like sweet music, completely oblivious to my heart hammering in my chest.
Around me, chaos broke loose as the cafeteria, now released from the clutches of academic torture, transitioned into a war zone of wild whoops, boisterous laughter. The last sight that graced my eyes as I exited the cafeteria was the bewildered expression on the face of our school janitor, as he stood paralyzed amidst the storm, mop in hand It was a fittingly ludicrous end to another thrillingly mundane school day. With that, I picked up my bag, donned my headphones, and began my solitary trek home.
The burden of unrequited love weighed heavily upon my weary shoulders as I trudged homeward. In dire need of a hit, I fumbled for my go-to vape, only to be met with the light show of a dead battery. As I hit the 7-Eleven on my route, I was looking forward to seeing Antonio, this dude who seemed more interested in cracking jokes than caring about checking IDs. But instead of Antonio's playful smirk, I came face-to-face with a new character, with wrinkles that told stories of time gone by. A wave of disappointment washed over me as I nabbed a bottle of Dr. Pepper and headed for the cash register.
"What happened to Antonio?"
I asked, putting my drink on the counter for the mystery guy.
He muttered, his focus on the soda can he was sliding under the scanner.
"Antonio, the guy who's usually here in the evenings"
I explained, a hint of irritation in my voice.
"Dunno. I only started here last week. I just know the young girl who takes over when my shift ends"
He responded, his words leaving a gap in my world, like a punch in the gut of my usual routine.
Taking a bubbly swig of my Dr. Pepper, I tried to swallow the truth of teenage life. It was like walking into my favorite cozy room, only to find the furniture rearranged haphazardly. The change was unexpected, and unwelcome.
Finally trekking my way home after sitting on a bench listening to music for what Must've been hours. I walked under a sky that seemed to be experimenting with shades of orange and purple, I felt a strange kind of solitude sneaking in. My thoughts kept playing a merry-go-round with Mikey, Emila, and now absent Antonio - the trio that had become the stars of my high school drama.
My front door protested loudly under my foot's frustrated kick, and a slurred
"WHAT THE FUCK!"
Bellowed from the living room. My mother, ensnared in an alcoholic haze, lounged over the couch, her shaking finger accusingly pointed in my direction.
"Did you forget that I get migraines?"
The smell of tequila permeated the air, filling my nostrils as soon as I crossed the threshold. I sighed, hoping for a lifeline.
"Is dad home?"
My mother sank back onto the couch, her voice a whisper
My father, the only one who occasionally lent an ear when I complained about Mikey, was perpetually chained to his cubicle, another cog in the corporate machine.
I ascended the stairs, each creaking step a harmony to the melancholic rhythm of the dark. The silent house held the weight of my unease, my chest tightening with an indescribable yearning. Tucked away in the solitude of my room, I pulled out my phone, the screen's glow illuminating my apprehensive features. I typed out a tentative message to Emilia, a small confession of the feelings that had long been gnawing at my insides.
"Hey, Emilia, I..."
First message sent. But before I could finish my second text, the dreaded words - 'Message Failed to Send' stared back at me. My heart sank. Was it a sign? Maybe the universe was intervening, telling me it wasn't the right time, or perhaps, it never would be. Disheartened, I slung my phone aside, letting the unsent feelings hover in the digital void. Slipping under the comforting shroud of my blanket, I drifted off into a sleep, with dreams tinted in hues of Emilia and unspoken words.
The next morning started out ordinary until it was splattered with the color of angst when I pleaded with Mikey that morning to stay away from Emila. His response?
"Amelia, the freshman? Didn't know you had a thing for her."
His nonchalance was maddening.
"Emila. As your brother, I'm asking you to back off"
I clarified, hoping it would penetrate his stubborn exterior.
His perplexed expression turned into a nonchalant shrug.
"Damn, been saying her name wrong the few times we spoke, and she never bothered to correct me."
Mikey shrugged and walked away, leaving me feeling dismissed and unheard.
Feeling a mix of frustration and confusion, I left for school and shook off the encounter with my brother and headed to my first-period class. As I stepped into the room, I expected to see my usual teacher, Ms. Thompson, waiting at her desk. However, to my surprise, it was someone else entirely—a teacher I had never seen before. I had really liked Ms. Thompson too so to see she got a substitute on the last day was dissapointing. Yet his resemblance to Ms. Thompson was uncanny, from the way he held himself to the tone of his voice. I knew something was off.
I glanced around the classroom, taking in the unfamiliar arrangement of notes and papers hanging on the walls. The subjects and diagrams were foreign to me, not matching the usual decor that adorned this space. It was as if I had entered an alternate dimension, where everything seemed the same yet completely different.
As the class went on, the new teacher droned on with the same monotony I had grown accustomed to, but it felt hollow, lacking the genuine concern and passion that Ms. Thompson always displayed. The other students seemed oblivious to the change, talking and cutting up as if nothing was amiss. But I couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't right.
Throughout the rest of class, my mind wandered, retracing the events of the past few days. Antonios unexpected absence, the failed text to Emila, Mikey's nonchalant reaction to my warning about Emila, the strange teacher in place of Ms. Thompson—it all felt like pieces of a puzzle that didn't quite fit together. For the first time, I realized how little attention I had paid to the details of my daily routine. But now, with this subtle shift in my surroundings, I couldn't help but question everything.
As the class finally came to an end, I gathered my things and made my way out.
The unfolding of the remaining classes before lunch did nothing to alleviate the paranoia that was steadily creeping over me. In my second-period class, usually dedicated to cleaning out the science lab, I noticed a set of instruments that we'd never used before. My peers didn't bat an eyelid, but to me, the incongruity was unsettling. Then in English, our final class reading didn't correspond to the assigned book. The text seemed different, as though it had been subtly altered.
Physical education, typically a free play session on the last day, was different too. Coach Peters was blowing a whistle I'd never seen before, its pitch more grating than the usual. And just before lunch, during the end-of-year assembly, the principal's speech, usually so predictable, seemed off. It contained references to events and achievements that didn't match my memories.
As lunchtime arrived, a mix of anticipation and anxiety filled the air. Even with my world falling apart I found time to worry about Mikey's presence around Emila. However, Emila was nowhere to be found. When I mentioned this to the group as I took my seat, my words were met with silence, as if I had become invisible.
Sitting alone at the edge of the table, I sought solace in our group pictures, hoping to catch a glimpse of Emila. I opened Snapchat and scrolled through my camera roll until I found my favorite picture of her. But to my surprise, Emila was inexplicably absent from the image. I blinked in disbelief, rubbed my eyes, and questioned my own perception. How could she have vanished? In the photo, my arm had once embraced her, but now it hung empty at my side.
"Guys, where's Emila?"
I asked, passing my phone to Elijah. He stared at the screen for a long moment, as if emerging from a trance.
He finally responded absentmindedly, his attention quickly diverted by a video shared by another friend.
Taking back my phone, I desperately searched for more pictures, only to find that they had vanished—her Instagram, Snapchat, even her parents' Facebook profiles. Panic gripped me, and I screamed
"WHERE IS EMILA!?"
My voice resonating through the cafeteria, reverberating off the walls. The entire room fell into an eerie silence, and all eyes turned to me, their gazes fixed with a mix of curiosity and concern.
"Her social media is gone. I feel like I'm going insane, and none of you even acknowledge me!"
My voice cracked with desperation as I pleaded for answers.
Mikey and Elijah rose from their seats, their expressions filled with compassion, ready to console me. But I couldn't bear their pity, their feeble attempts to calm my tormented mind. Their words would be meaningless. With a surge of frantic energy, I pushed my chair back and fled the suffocating atmosphere of the cafeteria.
As I stumbled out of the school, my surroundings blurred in a whirlwind of confusion and distress. The world itself seemed to warp and twist, mocking my feeble attempts to comprehend the inexplicable. Thoughts tumbled through my mind, colliding and fragmenting like shattered glass. Where had Emila gone? How could she vanish so completely, leaving no trace behind? Was I losing my grip on reality?
A light drizzle began peppering the surroundings, setting a somber atmosphere. Hours slipped away as I aimlessly wandered, searching for answers. Maybe someone had slipped me acid-laced food, or perhaps I was crazy like my mother. The thought of my brother's affinity for drugs crossed my mind, but I had never dabbled. Nevertheless, I felt compelled to find a sense of respite in my vape once again.
Entering the 7-Eleven, a chilling sensation overcame me as I discovered the same elderly man behind the counter. Without uttering a word, I hopped over the counter, desperate to find any clue.
"Kid, you can't be back there!"
The man exclaimed, attempting to restrain me. Swiftly, I pushed him away, unearthing the work schedule from the wall.
"Where's Antonio?" I stammered.
The old man, seemed to recognize me.
"I asked about that. Antonio doesn't work here"
He said, struggling to regain his footing. Overwhelmed with a sense of paranoia, I bolted out of the gas station, gasping for breath only when I reached the safety of my home.
In the dim light of the early evening, I found myself sprawled on the unkempt grass of the front yard. The recent rain had left the ground sodden, but I barely noticed the wetness seeping into my clothes. As the rain mingled with my silent tears, I heard the familiar rumble of my older brother Mikey's truck pulling into the driveway.
He exclaimed, pushing his rain-soaked hair back from his forehead. His voice carried a light-hearted jest that felt foreign amidst the somber atmosphere. He was always like this, quick to crack a joke even in the gloomiest of moments. It was his way of diffusing tension, I suppose. He reached out, pulling me up and leading me towards the house. Once inside and in his room, an aroma filled my nose – a peculiar mix of stale pizza and mildewy old books – that somehow comforted me in a strange, indescribable way. It was an olfactory reminder of a time before things got so complicated.
Catching my eye, Mikey reached into his drawer and withdrew an intricately designed glass bong. I had seen it before, on one of those rare occasions when Mikey would let me into his private world. Now, he was extending the invitation again. He passed me the bong, a knowing smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.
I hesitated for a moment, my mind flashing back to times when mom would sit us down in front of the TV after school, her kind and comforting presence a strong reassurance of love and security. That was before the alcohol took over, before the comforting light in her eyes had been replaced by a glassy, distant look. The thought of her brought an odd sense of calmness, as if her spirit was there with me, in Mikey, guiding me through this haze.
Taking the bong from Mikey, I let out a nervous chuckle, matching his playful demeanor. As I took a hit, we fell into a comfortable laughter, punctuated only by the deafening theme song of Family Guy playing on the large TV in the corner of his room. The memory of our shared laughter resonated deeply within me, a balm to the churning unrest I had been feeling.
"It seems today that all you see is violence in movies and -"
Suddenly, the television vanished, replaced by a weathered dresser that had been stored in the attic.
Mikey's phone suddenly blared a familiar jingle.
"Ah, man. One sec, bro,"
"-sex on TV." My brother's phone blared at maximum volume.
"Sorry, bro, my friend texted me"
He explained, placing the phone between us.
"Where's the TV?"
I muttered, the words hardly audible. As the high intensified, the room started to spin, the comfort of Mickey's presence fading away. I reached out in a futile attempt to steady myself but fell onto the cold, hardwood floor. The room seemed to swirl around me, familiar objects distorting into unrecognizable shapes and colors.
Pulling myself up, I lurched out of the room, navigating the labyrinthine house as fragments of memories flooded my mind. It felt like I was walking through a dream – a vivid, disorienting journey through time and space. Stepping outside, I saw the lawn had morphed into a neatly trimmed landscape, A new 'For Sale' sign swaying gently in the evening breeze, dissolved away as quickly as I noticed it.
The sounds of laughter drew my attention to the house. The windows were aglow with warm, inviting light, revealing an unfamiliar family engrossed in their game night. Their joy was a stark contrast to my growing desolation.
As days rolled on, my world reshaped, transforming from the familiar to an enigmatic panorama. Faces blurred, places mutated, my identity itself seemed to wane, fading into oblivion.
Caught in this mutating reality, I felt a quiet observer, my existence phasing out into the ether. Friends, family, Emila - all were doomed to be memories of a boy who will soon be gone.
Then, amidst the dissolving haze, clarity dawned, presenting a profound revelation. Our Earth was yearning for equilibrium, burdened with the weight of 8 billion souls, a possibly infinite and cruel humanity, now quickly seeking balance before it was too late.
We had pushed our home to her brink. Now, a beautiful transformation is underway. Smiling strangers began to color my world, their joy reflecting the Earth's newfound harmony. Merchandise, once an extravagant luxury, now seemed accessible to all. The battlefield in Ukraine had given way to peace, a testament to the world healing its wounds.
As I type this out in a clean and rather nicely lit alleyway. I find myself blending into the cosmic expanse, my hands and arms fading away before returning as if the universe wants me to finish. As I turn from a solid entity into an echo of existence. The world moves on, its stride unperturbed by my fading presence. Yet, in my diminishing, I realize my contribution to Earth's balance.
Earth is in the midst of achieving perfection. Many of you won't make it and will be gutted like myself, some of you will stay. The rest of you, I catch glimpses of as I fade, timeliness unaffected and left to die without God.
My final thoughts are not of sorrow, but of serene acceptance and profound understanding. As I phase into the ether, I became a cosmic whisper, a gentle reminder of the necessity for balance and respect for our fragile planet.
submitted by DreamDragonP7
to nosleep [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 21:31 BeachNuts2000 Booking Becky Lynch vs Rhea Ripley Part 4
The Raw before Wrestlemania:
Rhea is with JD in the ring boasting that she will retire Becky Lynch in a way that the WWE Universe won’t forget. Dom Dom goes on praising Rhea and that no one else can truly stop her. Suddenly, Becky’s music kicks in and she comes out in a motorcycle! Rhea and the rest of JD are stunned with the arrival as Lynch enters the scene. Becky immediately starts throwing hands at Rhea and Dom tries to stop her, but Becky fights back by putting Dom in a Bexploder. Rhea tries to escape, but Becky catches up and Manhandle Slams Rhea on the Spanish Announcer Table. Becky then gets a mic and says, “Rhea you done f*cked up now! As your precious Dom Dom hides behind you, you’re gonna hide behind him when I come for you at Wrestlemania!” Becky sees the belt and raises it high before leaving. Priest and Balor are left stunned in what just happened though Balor looks after Lynch is about to leave.
The crowd is going wild and the stage is set. Rhea comes out with all leather and ring gear that presents her as The Eradicator she is. She even has the band that plays entrance theme too for her entrance. Becky then arrives this time in the classic black and yellow gear she once wore back then from the Wrestlemania where she won the main event. As she enters the ring, the match starts with the two locking each other with glares. Rhea gets some offense, but Lynch does too and the match is going swell. Rhea tries use the Riptide, but Lynch escapes and Manhandles Ripley. 1..2..kick out before 3! It’s gonna take more than that for Lynch to pin Ripley. Rhea manages to gain the upper hand by head butting Lynch and throwing Lynch into the barricade. Rhea then throws Becky into the steel staircase and Lynch comes out bleeding face first. It seems there is no hope as Rhea prepares to finish Lynch with a Riptide. Lynch however makes a miraculous comeback and pushes Rhea off the top rope. Lynch delivers a leg drop on Rhea. 1..2.. nope! Lynch proceeds to put Rhea in the Disarm-her, but Rhea counters with the Nightmare lock. Lynch feels helpless, but manages to grab the ropes. Rhea then goes for a roll-up. 1..2..nope! Rhea is frustrated and decides to deliver a Riptide once more. Becky however manages to escape and clothesline and shoulder tackle her putting Rhea flat in the ring. Dom tries to distract Lynch, but Lynch kicks him in the face with slide kick. Becky then surprises everyone by delivering a curb stomp, a move from her husband Seth Rollins! Becky proceeds to grab Rhea and Manhandle slams The Eradicator from the top rope. 1..2..3! The Man has done it! She defeated Rhea! The crowd erupts in cheers! Becky is still bleeding, but raises the belt once more. Samantha Irvin says, “The winner of this match and the NEW Smackdown Women’s Champion….Becky Lynch!” Some of Becky’s closest friends come to celebrate in the ring include Finn Balor who could not be more prouder. Then Charlotte Flair comes in the ring to congratulate Becks. However, in a shocking manner, Becky hugs Charlotte with tears in her eyes. Flair also full of emotion embraces Becks with tears as well. Flair tells Becky, “I knew you could do it Rebecca.” Becky responds by saying, “Thank You, Ashley.” The two continue to hug in the ring as the medical team try to separate them to clean up Becky’s bloodied face. Once rivals are now friends again.
submitted by BeachNuts2000
to fantasybooking [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 21:20 lovellycactus I love the music!
Everyone is rightfully giving much love to Colgera's theme but I absolutely ADORE the light bits of the main Zelda theme that play when you're riding and OOT was a big game for me so it was a very nice moment to recognize the inside a house music while building the dream home 💚
I miss the little wrestle bell sound effect that comes from unlocking a skull chest though
submitted by lovellycactus
to tearsofthekingdom [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 20:54 kerry68521 Looking for Glowing-Moss Stickers DIY
| || |
Does anyone have a spare DIY for the glowing-moss stickers? I’m willing to pay in bells or NMT. I just can’t seem to get the DIY no matter how many times I go on a boat tour or to the HHP island! Thanks in advance! ❤️ submitted by kerry68521 to AnimalCrossingNewHor [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 20:33 jungfan123 For people new to Sheffield and in town for the gigs - I’m a Hillsborough local, here’s some answers to frequently asked questions! AMA in the comments!
Hope you all enjoy visiting our city!! ”How shall I get around for non-gig Sheffield fun?”
You can get taxis on Uber or City Taxis (our local firm, they have their own Uber style app), or download the app Moovit for live public transport info. As another commenter mentioned - you’ll have a very hard time getting taxis back from the gig - there’s a section below for gig transport! Trams are generally more reliable than buses. Sheffield’s very walkable though, you probably will only need transport to get to the gig itself. ”Where shall I go for a drink tonight?”
If you’re staying in the city centre, get yourself down to the Frog and Parrot (‘The Parrot’s Beak’ from Cornerstone) - they’ve got a nice outside seating area and have done the place up Arctic Monkeys themed for the gigs! The Forum is nice too, big outdoor area overlooking Devonshire Green (a park in town).
Kelham Island (on the way out to Hillsborough from the city centre) also has some great bars and pubs. The Gardener’s Rest is a classic pub with riverside seating, and Riverside Kelham is great too, as is Alder. Heist has a top selection of beers.
Hillsborough also has some brilliant pubs and micropubs. The Northern Monkey is my favourite, good prices and it’s got a great back room with a speaker you can connect to and plenty of games (also look out for the Alex Turner monkey mural!). There’s also a massive Wetherspoons right next to the tram stop with a huge garden, but please try to support our local businesses while you’re here!
If you’re looking to go ‘out out’, I insist you go to West Street Live. No pussying out. It’s vile, cheap, and a true Sheffield institution. West Street is the main ‘strip’ for bars and clubs in the city centre. ”How shall I get to and from the gig tomorrow/Saturday?”
I’d advise getting the tram into Hillsborough (yellow route towards Middlewood or blue route towards Malin Bridge) early afternoon to hopefully avoid the inevitable huge crowds. You can download the app Moovit to get public transport info.
You pay on the tram, the conductor will come round. It’s £2 for a single or £4 for a return, or you can get a day rider for unlimited trips (I think it’s £5). You can pay contactless, card or cash (cash preferred). The tram company’s advised that if you want to get the tram back at the end of the night, you should get a return now to avoid holding things up.
They’ve said it could take up to two hours to get the tram back into the city centre after, so another option is to walk back into town. It’s about an hour but there’ll be a whole load of people doing it and it should be a laugh! Alternatively, go and have a drink in Hillsborough before making your way back into town. Important: trams are running only from Leppings Lane, not Middlewood, Hillsborough Park or Hillsborough stops after the gig! Here’s the tram company’s page on transport info for the gig: https://www.stagecoachbus.com/news/yorkshire/2023/june/arctic-monkeys-travel-advice-and-information ”Where shall I go after the gig?”
Into town (the city centre). Maida Vale plays music Monkeys fans would probably like, but everyone I know is going to the Leadmill afterparty. The Leadmill is an iconic venue in Sheff, the Monkeys played there a lot when they were getting started. They’re shutting down the whole road and having a massive Monkeys themed street party on both Friday and Saturday night! You can get tickets here: https://leadmill.co.uk/event/arctic-monkeys-after-party-friday/ Looks like this has now sold out for Friday! There might be tickets available on the door too, Leadmill promoters are pretty unscrupulous. Not sure though! If you wanted to ring and check their number is 0114 272 7040. If it were me I’d still go into the city centre after anyway and give it a go, and just go to West Street Live, Corporation or Maida Vale if you can’t get in. As another Sheffielder’s mentioned, these three venues are about a 15 min walk from Leadmill so factor this risk in! ”Where shall I eat?”
Cutlery Works is a great food hall in Kelham Island, there’ll be something for everyone there. There’s honestly so much great food in Sheffield it’s hard to choose what to recommend though! We have loads of authentic Asian food here because of the massive student population, so it’s worth having a try of some of that! Henderson’s Relish is our local delicacy, but you’ll want that on a pie not on it’s own 😂 If you comment with a particular cuisine you fancy and your rough location, I’ll come up with a recommendation!
In Hillsborough, the Orange Bird (South African barbecue) is open from 12-3 on Saturday. Envers Grill (incredible Turkish food, I believe it won best takeaway in the UK recently) is amazing too, or you can grab a proper pork sarnie (another Sheffield special) from Beres or a couple of the butchers on Hillsborough high street - they’ll have signs outside, and also do lovely sausage rolls etc. ”What shall we do in the morning before the gig?”
You could have a mooch around the Millennium Gallery, the Winter Gardens (look out for the AM elephant!) or go have a look round the lovely independent shops on Division Street! Don’t miss the lovely shop Annie Jude’s on Hillsborough high street for Sheffield souvenirs - it’s right near the park and there’s soooo much Monkeys themed merch that’s honestly much better designed than the official stuff!
Just let me know if you have any other questions!
submitted by jungfan123
to arcticmonkeys [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 20:00 DTG_Bot This Week In Destiny - 06/08/2023
Source: https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/Article/the_first_twid_06_08_2023 This Week in Destiny... yeah, you read that right. As we mentioned a couple of weeks ago, we are fully leaning into this becoming a Destiny-centric space going forward. More on that in a bit! Before we jump into it, let's recap the contents of the previous week:
And here's what we have for the first TWID ever:
- Ghosts of the Deep rundown.
- Bungie Rewards got new dungeon-themed merch.
- Did you get your Marathon emblem?
- You got new Prime Gaming loot.
For as long as anyone can remember, there has been a weekly check-in between Bungie and our community. Back in February of 2016, we rebranded the “Bungie Weekly Update” to “This Week At Bungie.” This was done primarily because, at the time, there was a lot of confusion when a live game put something out with the name “Update” and there weren’t patch notes to read.
- A new name for the TWAB.
- Ready for a new Community Fashion Contest?
- Grandmasters will be back on June 13.
- And Supremacy, too.
- You all owe Kalli an apology.
- Preview of some 22.214.171.124 fixes.
- Collaboration art!
- The usual Player Support Report, and our AOTW and MOTW picks. ##Rebranding the TWAB
Fast forward to today, and it’s time once again to evolve the name of our weekly ritual. Don’t fret, our weekly check in for Destiny news and community highlights will continue! The main change here is that we will be keeping things Destiny-specific, so we need a name that reflects that since Bungie has now publicly announced a new game.
Starting today, the weekly Destiny blog will be named This Week in Destiny. As you may have noticed already, each week’s blog post will be announced on official Destiny social channels rather than on Bungie’s channels, and we’ll continue to drop the occasional standalone blog with in-depth details and insights from the dev team. Now that you know the new name and the reasoning behind it, you can do what you do best, Destiny Community: Meme away! But first, please join us in bidding farewell to the TWAB and welcoming the TWID.
Put On Your Best Dress Fashion is the ultimate, true endgame. Matching the perfect textures, forms, and colors to express the right idea is not easy, so we want to reward those who succeed in such endeavors.
Given that Season of the Deep is all about how the scariest floors of the sea can also be the most beautiful, how Guardians are good at killing gods, but better at catching exotic fishes, and how even the most dangerous warmonger can break down a bit when recalling simpler times... Well, why not celebrate all that complexity with a good Community Fashion Contest?
We know you can express what Season of the Deep is all about with just five pieces of armor, . Don your drippiest designs and try out the most combinations, and of course, let us know with the #DrownInTheDrip hashtag for a chance to earn our very new and exclusive Prêt-à-porter fashion emblem. You have until June 15, so get to work, fashionistas!.
Ready for Some Early Grandmaster Nightfalls? As we mentioned in our ”Reflecting on Lightfall” article, Grandmaster Nightfalls will be available a bit earlier than usual during Season of the Deep. The reason for this is simple: without the seasonal Power climb, and with the requirement level changes we added during Season 19, we believe we can successfully launch them earlier. Grandmasters are coming on Week 4, and that means you'll have a chance to earn Exotic materials and Adept weapons starting next Tuesday, June 13.
Note that this is only for the Weekly Grandmasters. The Conqueror gilding node is still planned to open in Week 7. So, get ready to face The Lightblade if you are aiming to get the Adept version of the Wendigo GL3 Heavy Grenade Launcher next week. And in case you are wondering, The Loaded Question Fusion Rifle and the Braytech Osprey Rocket Launcher will be featured in the following two weeks.
Supremacy Enters the Relentless Rotator For those of you who got a taste of Supremacy during Guardian Games and wanted more, congratulations! Supremacy will be added to the Relentless rotator in the Crucible starting next week.
This Crucible game mode requires you to collect the crests dropped by the enemies you take down to score for your team, while you also deny the enemy their points by picking up crests from fallen allies. Show everyone who’s in charge here and secure each kill. While you earn ranks, you might even get that renewed Randy's Throwing Knife Kinetic Scout Rifle that Shaxx has brought back into the loot pool. Keep an eye on Cascade Point or Box Breathing for this one... Trust me.
You Owe Kalli an Apology People, we need to talk. Why? What did she ever do to you? What's your problem with murderous, Taken Techeuns? We know The Supremacy got Rewind Rounds, that Techeun Force has a sick PvP roll and that Reconstruction and Bait and Switch make Apex Predator a top-tier option for DPS, but that's no reason to put Kalli into such a situation!
A lot of you stepped into every plate to get double rewards, while others just cursed their aim over how many Golden Gun or Sleeper Simulant shots they missed... Either way, the outcome would be the same: a lot of good loot.
We hope you consider it time well spent. Because I do.
Some Fixes Coming Next Week The Destiny 2 Update 126.96.36.199 will be deployed on June 13. Although we'll have our usual patch notes available the moment it's available, we wanted to give you a preview of some of the implemented fixes.
First, a reminder that the extra reward awarded by the weekly Last Wish quest, the one handed by Hawthorne, was not intentional, so it's going away. Starting Tuesday, you'll get one Deepsight weapon from it, since that was always the plan. You'll still earn at least another one every week, because the final chest after dumping Riven's heart gives one per week and account. But you still have a few days until the fix is implemented, so if you want that extra reward, go for it.
Now, for a few Exotics' fixes. This update will reenable the Vesper of Radius, since it won't have such explosive behavior with certain weapons anymore. Sunbracers will have their increased duration of Solar grenades restored. And after Saladin had a very long conversation with Kephri's Horn, the strange interactions that this Titan Exotic Helmet allowed have been fixed, so it will also be reenabled.
Finally, to name a few other fixes coming: we also have one for the issue that allowed certain grenades to go through Barricades and Wards of Dawn, we are toning down the new Collective Obligation perk in PvP (10% damage buff instead of a 20%), and we are giving the new Mercurial Overreach Competitive Sniper Rifle a bigger reticle when scoping so it's easier to use.
The rest of the patch notes for the 188.8.131.52 updates will be available on June 13.
Keep That Art Coming Remember two weeks ago when we announced a small art and cosplay contest to celebrate the collaboration between Destiny 2 and PlayStation? Well, we have some amazing submissions already, like these two below:
"Death can have me... When it earns me" We love to see your creations, so please keep them coming. You have until the end of June and each winner will earn the Art of the Week emblem and all the bragging rights in the world, of course.
image if some characters from PlayStation games became characters in Destiny. Who would you love to see?#Destiny2AOTW #Destiny2 #Destiny2Art #DestinyTheGame #GOW pic.twitter.com/frim0WlEEC
— BO (@BO_7aSSan597) May 30, 2023
To go with the Titan Kratos armor I made a matching Atreus Set![#Bungie](https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bungie?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) #Destiny2 #Dresstiny#GodofWar #Destiny2Fashion @Destiny2Team @DestinyTheGame pic.twitter.com/3pwJLFj8Sw
— Amanda TheBeebo (@TheLadyBeebo) May 26, 2023
Player Support Report 20,000 Screebs Under the Sea
Known Issues List Help Forums Bungie Help Twitter
TRIALS OF OSIRIS EMBLEM The Dazzling Iridescence Trials emblem was meant to be rewarded to the best of the best, those who could go Flawless while earning a Flight of the Pigeon medal (lead in score for the entire game) in every win along the way. Ultimately, an issue caused this emblem to be awarded to anyone who made it to the Lighthouse at all which, while still a challenging endeavor, made seeing the emblem a little more common than we had hoped. In this upcoming patch, we will have a fix for this which is two-fold:
We understand in some cases this will mean that people who rightfully earned the emblem must re-earn it a second time if they want to equip it, but we felt that this was a necessary step to retain the original intent of the emblem.
- Starting with Week 4’s Trials (June 16) the emblem will no longer drop from the Flawless chest for those who have not achieved the requirements on their way to the Lighthouse.
- Those who already have the emblem (meaning those players who went Flawless in Week 1 or who go Flawless in this upcoming weekend) will be able to retain the emblem in their collections but will not be able to equip the emblem unless they complete the requirements AFTER the patch has gone live.
ADVANCED FOCUSING Due to an issue causing Exotic focusing to not grant intended rewards, we have temporarily disabled Advanced Decryption focusing. Precision Decryption focusing will continue to be available as we investigate.
EVERVERSE INTERFACE Some UI pricing elements in Eververse will be disabled with the release of 184.108.40.206. Note that the displayed price is the correct one.
KNOWN ISSUES While we continue investigating various known issues, here is a list of the latest issues that were reported to us in our #Help Forum:
For a full list of emergent issues in Destiny 2, players can review our Known Issues article. Players who observe other issues should report them to our #Help forum.
- Due to an issue the Kephri’s Horn exotic Titan helmet has been temporarily disabled.
- The Helm of Saint-14 Exotic Titan helmet is not functioning as expected.
- Players can get stuck outside of the final boss arena after self-reviving in the Ghosts of the Deep dungeon.
- Spending Salvage Keys after a Salvage activity is not providing progress toward the "Spend Salvage Keys" Triumph and is instead progressing the "Spend Deep Dive Keys" Triumph.
- The Bump in the Night Weapon Pattern Triumph requires the Season 17 Season Pass.
- The Standard Fare bounty does not gain progress on Kinetic weapon kills.
- The Warlock Courtier Longcoat chest ornament has a gap beneath the right arm.
- The Verity’s Brow perk “The Fourth Magic” is not functioning correctly in PvP.
- The New Pacific Epitaph Grenade Launcher is doing less damage than intended to Stasis crystals.
You Gotta Work For It, Guardian Image Linkimgur
Hippy: An artist with synesthesia, a phenomenon that allows a blending of senses like the ability to hear color and feel sounds, took their unique lens of the world and turned it into art for fellow Guardians to enjoy. Titled The Fear of Dreams, here’s a really cool opportunity to see the world in a way that someone else does and how truly beautiful that really is.
Movie of the Week: The Fear of Dreams
🌙ONEIROPHOBIA // THE FEAR OF DREAMS.🌟 Sam: Sometimes you want to be the very best, but it helps when you put in the extra work. Take these Guardians for example; couldn’t jump, couldn’t fight, and after... nope, not going to spoil it. Go check it out.
(I have synesthesia. I paint music. This time, I used Tilt Brush and an Oculus Rift to sculpt/paint the song to get a closer facsimile of what I perceive.) #Destiny2Art #AOTW #MOTW pic.twitter.com/kaMhoSelHB
— Runesael L. de la Peña Flynn (@Runesael) May 29, 2023
Movie of the Week: Guardians try the Cloud Strider workout
That's One Big Bonk Image Linkimgur
Ivan: Looks like a solid battle just finished and this Titan came out as victorious. As with many great paintings, you first spot the brightest object — the Titan's hammer — and then find more and more details. Amazing #Destiny2AOTW. Well done!
Art of the Week: The last Sunbreaker
The last Sunbreaker#Destiny2 #Destiny2Art #Destiny2AOTW pic.twitter.com/YKzM3f6zBP Timon: Look at this amazing fishing art! When I see this I just wanna drop everything and go out there grinding those Exotic fishies! Always remember: Less working, more fishing.
— Max Vick (@MaksymPotselui1) May 31, 2023
Art of the Week: Go fish
Made this birthday present for my sister @MajaroniArt who had her birthday yesterday 🥳💜 Bonus AOTW: MY BROTHER, DEAD!!??
Had a lot of fun making this 😁👍#Destiny2Art #Destiny2AOTW #Destiny2 #DestinyTheGame #Destiny2Fishing #DigitalArtist #DigitalArt pic.twitter.com/6ObwQLcXsq
— Pickles ✨Comms open!✨ (@xPickles77x) May 29, 2023
BLASPHEMY. BLASPHEMY![#Destiny2](https://twitter.com/hashtag/Destiny2?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) #Destiny2Art #Destiny2AOTW #Destiny #DestinyTheGame @Bungie @DestinyTheGame pic.twitter.com/vYKcSGfFLs Another week that goes by, and it's almost summer around here. Or winter, for those of you in the southern hemisphere. We are deep into Season of the Deep and there's still much to uncover from under the methane seas.
— AliveWake (@AliveWake) May 29, 2023
Methane, what a thing, by the way. I checked the other day and liquid methane has a temperature range between 91 and 112 kelvins, which makes me think those new Guardian armor sets not only look amazing, but also have some pretty insane heating systems. And speaking of heat, how can Solar grenades scorch stuff under such extreme circumstances, or Stasis crystals even hold their structure under such pressure? Anyway, transmat firing!
submitted by DTG_Bot
to DestinyTheGame [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 19:39 Emergency_Initial_96 39k karma in 39 days with fake Facebook posts, people are starting to call it out but most people still believing it
2023.06.08 19:25 Ittomain153 27M Just looking to chat and see where it goes!
Hi! So I graduated during COVID and all my uni friends went back to their cities and I'm also stuck in like this weird situation where it's super difficult to make new friends.
Uni was great for social interaction but work doesn't have my kinda people. I was hoping to maybe meet some people here!
I like anime, videogames, travelling, music (I okay acoustic, electric and bass guitar and sing. I also used to be in a band in uni) and just animation and media in general!
Some of my favourites are Persona 5, Hollow Knight, One Piece, the new spiderverse movie and the new Zelda game (which I'm currently playing).
I'm a politics and economics graduate from Asia and I'm moving to Europe soon for my master's. Moving a whole ass continent away for studies is as exciting as it is nerve wracking!
If you feel like we would vibe, drop me a message and find out! ^
submitted by Ittomain153
to MakeNewFriendsHere [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 18:48 Ittomain153 27M4F Honestly just looking to make some cool friends and see where it goes! [Chat]
Hi! So I graduated during COVID and all my uni friends went back to their cities and I'm also stuck in like this weird situation where it's super difficult to make new friends.
Uni was great for social interaction but work doesn't have my kinda people. I was hoping to maybe meet some people here!
I like anime, videogames, travelling, music (I okay acoustic, electric and bass guitar and sing. I also used to be in a band in uni) and just animation and media in general!
Some of my favourites are Persona 5, Hollow Knight, One Piece, the new spiderverse movie and the new Zelda game (which I'm currently playing).
I'm a politics and economics graduate from Asia and I'm moving to Europe soon for my master's. Moving a whole ass continent away for studies is as exciting as it is nerve wracking!
If you feel like we would vibe, drop me a message and find out! ^
submitted by Ittomain153
to MeetPeople [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 18:42 packmanwiscy r/NFL Top 100 Players of the 2022 Season - #100-91
Welcome to the 100-91 Reveal for the NFL Top 100 Players of the 2022 Season!
Players whose average rank landed them in places 100-91 are on this portion of the list revealed today. Players are associated with the team they finished playing for at the end of the 2022 season
Below you will see some write-ups from the rankers summarizing the players’ 2022 season and why they were among the best in 2022. Stats for each player are included below. Additionally, their ranks from previous years are available for y’all to see
METHODOLOGY Link to more detailed writeup on our methodology
- Step 1: A Call to Rankers right after the Conference Championship games
- Step 2: Rankers from each team nominated players to rank, with a 11 game minimum threshold. Players are associated with the team they played for in 2022
- Step 3: The Grind. We instructed users to tier positions groups into T25, T50, etc based on 2022 regular season play only. This took several weeks as the rankers tiered each position group and discussed them. There were no individual player threads and no arbitrary position caps. Just questions and rankings.
- Step 4: Users submitted their own personal Top 125 lists.
- Step 5: User lists were reviewed by myself, u/mattkud , and u/MikeTysonChicken . The rankers were expected to answer questions about their lists. They were allowed to make any changes to their list, and were not forced to make any changes
- Step 6: The Reveal… where we are now!
And without further ado, here are the players ranked 100-91 in the NFL
Top 100 Players of the 2022 Season!
#100 - Garrett Wilson - New York Jets - Wide Receiver Previous Ranks
2nd Most missed forced tackles among WRs with 22
Written by: u/MattyT7
Garrett Wilson walked into the NFL as an immediate stud. He showed the world who he was in week 2, playing a major part in the destruction of the Cleveland Browns. Wilson caught two touchdowns, including what was the game-winner, to go along with 102 yards through the air. Despite having the worst quarterback play across the league last season, Wilson earned Offensive Rookie of the Year honors, and it is not hard to see why. He is a demon after the catch with the ball in his hands, consistently finding ways to squeeze as much extra juice as he can out of a play. His jab step/cutback is lethal; simply put, he is not easy to stop. He may have only caught 4 touchdowns all year, but a lot of that has to do with the fact that the Jets offense was… well, not great. Even so, Wilson finished his rookie campaign with 83 catches for 1104 yards. You may not have heard, but the Jets quietly brought in a new quarterback this offseason, and the sky is truly the limit for Wilson going forward. Although he may not be the most physically gifted wide receiver in the world, he’s an incredibly crafty dude and is already one of the best at what he does.
#99 - Aaron Rodgers - Green Bay Packers - Quarterback Previous Ranks
|2021 ||2020 ||2019 ||2018 ||2017 ||2016 ||2015 ||2014 ||2013 ||2012 |
|4 ||1 ||73 ||95 ||N/A ||11 ||29 ||2 ||26 ||3 |
2nd in the league in PFF's Big Time Throw Rate, trailing only Josh Allen
Written by: u/IMissHarambe878
A “down” year for ARod sees him slip to the bottom of the Top 100 here. His stats may have declined since his back-to-back MVPs, but Rodgers was consistently carrying this Green Bay team on his back this season. Despite carrying a broken thumb throughout the campaign (in which he didn’t miss a game), he helped try to steady the ship despite inconsistency across all other parts of the team (defense, run game, inexperienced wide receivers). He nearly dragged Green Bay kicking and screaming into the playoffs but was only stopped by a gutsy Lions team in Week 18 ready to play spoiler. Fun fact, Rodgers actually put up his career high in game winning drives this year with 4.
Here is a highlights package of Rodgers’ last season in Green Bay. Some specific highlights within the video:
- 1:01 – Rodgers shows he can still throw a pretty deep ball out to Watkins v Bears
- 3:29 – Deep throw v the Jets to Lazard, probably explains why he wanted him to follow him there
- 4:37 – Rolling out of the pocket to find Aaron Jones for a beautiful TD v Commanders
- 5:06 – Absolute dime to Doubs for a TD v Bills
- 7:30 – Beautiful play action out to Watson for a TD v Cowboys
- 13:05 – Sideline pass out to Mercedes Lewis v Dolphins
- 14:11 – Absolute monster of a ball out to Watson v Lions in his final game for Green Bay
All good things have to come to an end at some point, and this year showed Rodgers wasn’t the immortal some thought he was. Considering his supporting cast and the offense around him, I think he did the best he could. Don’t let that fool you though, he’s still very much an above average quarterback and I’m confident he will be higher up this list, this time next year. Take care of him, Jets, and thank you for all the memories, Aaron.
#98 - Jaelan Phillips - Miami Dolphins - EDGE Rusher Previous Ranks
Phillips’s 70 pressures is the most by a Dolphin since Olivier Vernon in 2015
Written by: u/Yedic
Jaelan Phillips followed up a somewhat spotty rookie season with a much more polished sophomore campaign in 2022. He nearly doubled his pressure numbers, with an increase from 39 in 2021 to 70 in 2022 per PFF. He more than doubled his stops, jumping up from 16 to 36.
Check out this play, where Phillips, lined up at the top of the screen, uses his speed to beat the tackle upfield, and then works back down into the pocket for the strip sack in the 4th quarter of an important division game. Here's one where Jaelan Phillips lines up at 3t, against the LG, and then shows a nice motor to adjust for a 3rd down sack while fighting through a hold.
Phillips also showed off some impressive versatility. Per PFF's tracking, he dropped into coverage about six time a game, which resulted in the most coverage snaps out of all Edge Defenders nominated for this list, and 4th most of all Edge Defenders in the entire league. He even blocked a punt for good measure!
#97 - Talanoa Hufanga - San Francisco 49ers - Safety Previous Ranks
Only safety with multiple sacks, multiple forced fumbles, and four interceptions including a pick-6 in a single season in the last 10 years
Written by: u/TheRed_Knight
Once upon a time there was a slightly undersized Polynesian Safety from USC who played with wild abandon and a glorious main of hair, who ended up drafted in the 1st round by the Pittsburgh Steelers. His name was Troy Polamalu and as it turns out, he was one of the best to ever play the game at his position. Fast forward to 2021, and USC has another slightly undersized Polynesian Safety, named Talanoa Hufanga, who played with wild abandon and a slightly less glorious main of hair, who fell in the draft due to a poor combine showing and injury.
Snagged in the 5th round of the 2021 draft by the 49ers (praise be to Adam Peters), Hufanga played spot snaps on defense his rookie year as a rotational safety, while logging most of his playing time as a special teams gunner, with his most memorable play coming against the Packers in the NFC Divisional round, returning the blocked punt by Jordan Willis for a game tying touchdown. When Jimmie Ward suffered a moderate hamstring strain in the 2022 preseason, Hufanga capitalized on his opportunity, playing well enough to earn the starting S job when Ward came back, which in part led to Ward and the 49ers parting ways in FA.
During his 2022-23 sophomore campaign Hufanga ended up 3rd on the team/13th amongst all Safety's in tackles (97), 3rd on the team/6th amongst all Safety's in PD's (9), 2nd on the team/tied for 6th amongst all Safety's in INT's (4), including a pick-6 against Matt Stafford, and tied for 1st on the team/3rd amongst all Safety's in FF (2) EX. Despite being listed at only 6 foot 200lbs he plays significantly bigger and isn't afraid to lay wood or attack blockers in run defense. By far and away Hufanga's greatest asset is his raw instinctual play, his ability to diagnose and blow up plays based on pre snap alignment and pure gut instinct in a way offenses can't plan against. He's SF's wildcard, and on a defense laden with monsters and freaks he's perfectly positioned to reap as much damage as possible against opposing offenses.
While Hufanga's certainly has a long way to go to catch Polamalu, the similarities early in his career are apparent. History doesnt repeats itself but it sure does rhymes a whole lot.
#96 - Alex Highsmith - Pittsburgh Steelers - EDGE Rusher Previous Ranks
1st in sacks lined up on the right side of the defensive line with 14
Written by: u/ezDuke
Flashback to 2021. Melvin Ingram had signed with the Steelers in hopes of revitalizing his career opposite a premier Edge rusher in TJ Watt. All that stood in his way was a former 3rd round pick from the football powerhouse school of Charlotte entering his second season, Alex Highsmith. By midseason, however, it was clear that the Steelers saw something in Highsmith and Ingram demanded a trade in search of a starting opportunity.
Throughout the 2022 season, Highsmith rewarded the Steelers' faith in him. He showcased an array of pass rush moves to finish 6th in the league with 14.5 sacks, highlighted by his devastating spin move. He also led the league in forced fumbles, along with Haason Reddick. He actually graded even more highly as a run defender, according to PFF, and even showed good coverage skills for a LB.
Highsmith has blossomed into the do-it-all Linebacker they envisioned when they shipped Ingram off for a 6th round pick. While he still has some room to grow, there's no question that he and TJ Watt have as good a chance as any to finish 2023 as the league's best pass rush tandem.
#95 - Tua Tagovailoa - Miami Dolphins - Quarterback Previous Ranks
When throwing 5+ Yards downfield, Tua ranked 1st in EPA/ATT, 1st in Success Rate, 1st in First Down Rate, 1st in YPA and 1st in Passer Rating
Written by: u/cheesepythons
Tua Tagovailoa, perhaps the most polarizing player in the NFL presently. Some of the criticism justified and some vacuous, somewhere in the middle of all this there is the realization that what we got in the 2022 season was a much-improved player who when given the confidence, right system and weapons showed the ability of elite talent. Finishing first in league passer rating, 25 touchdowns, around 9 yards Y/A behind one of the worst OL’s in the league (24th in pass block win rate, thank god for when TA was playing) was a bright spot for his growth and maturity as a QB and team leader. On intermediate throws, Tua ranked first in EPA per drop back and completion percentage. Tua had the lowest average time to throw on these pass attempts at 2.63, the league average for throws of 11 or more air yards is 3.02 seconds. There will be arguments of course that having two of the best receivers in the league has helped, there can’t be any argument, but it is interesting to note that Tua was ranked 33rd in the league in passing yards after the catch which suggests his arm is doing a lot of the lifting as well. 2 serious concussions and subsequently missing time robbed Dolphins fans of seeing him produce at a consistent level but at 8-1 as a starter leading into December (before the wheels fell off) there was enough to have him nominated and subsequently voted into the Top 100 players for the season.
#94 - CJ Gardner-Johnson - Philadelphia Eagles - Safety Previous Ranks
|2021 ||2020 ||2019 |
|N/A ||N/A ||N/A |
T-1st in the league with 6 INTs
Written by: u/CokeZ3ro
Joining the Eagles mere days before Week 1 via trade, Gardner-Johnson would serve as the cherry on top for the formidable 2022 Eagles defense. More than just a change in scenery, Gardner-Johnson also experienced a change in position, switching from nickel corner to a more traditional safety. Safe to say, he adapted well to the change. Gardner-Johnson co-lead the league with 6 interceptions.
Gardner-Johnson often employs a ballhawk style coverage. He has a great sense for the ball in the air, and a blazingly fast approach which will often punish poor placement and deflections. Pairing with the disruption caused by the Eagle’s D-line and the coverage by their excellent corners gave Gardner-Johnson plenty of opportunities to flash those skills.
Mclaurin got Slay beat? It’s alright CJGJ will fly over to make the pick.
Underthrown? You’re done for.
Sometimes it feels like he spawns out of nowhere to make the pick.
I would be remiss if I didn’t mention trash talk antics. If there was an award for instigation, C.J. Gardner-Johnson would win in a landslide. Few are better at getting under the opponent’s skin. Gardner-Johnson brings a level of grit, energy, and bravado that can instantly make the secondary better.
#93 - Ryan Ramczyk - New Orleans Saints - Offensive Tackle Previous Ranks
|2021 ||2020 ||2019 ||2018 ||2017 |
|100 ||63 ||14 ||74 ||100 |
6th straight year allowing less than 20 pressures in true pass sets
Written by: u/LazyFBaby
Ryan Ramczyk turned in a solid year again in 2022. However, he happened to be on the 2022 New Orleans Saints football in 2022 as well. The offense was woefully inconsistent and particularly struggled to get anything going in the 2nd half of most games ranking in the top 5 in terms of three and out percentage during the latter half of the game. Consequently, Ram was mostly ignored throughout the season where he only allowed 3 sacks, 5 QB hits and 20 pressures (per PFF). If I was to pick any performance of his to highlight it would be his work against Nick Bosa in week 12 he stonewalled Bosa all game and his only real mistake was a false start penalty. Ryan continues to be one of the strongest tackles in the NFL in terms of his anchor and his ability to deal with any pass rush moves that an opposing Edge might throw at him. Hopefully, 2023 will see his return to the upper echelons of this hallowed list
#92 - Tee Higgins - Cincinnati Bengals - Wide Receiver Previous Ranks
4th in Contested Catch % (16 catches on 26 targets) +3rd highest target passer rating (121.0)
Written by: u/Letsgomountaineers5
Tee Higgins was one of the biggest draft crushes I’ve had in some time, so it was a no brainer to pick up his write up, even though he plays for one of my favorite team’s biggest rivals. He’s just a really fun player to watch from a WR coach’s perspective. Let’s dive into a few things that makes Tee Higgins a Top 100 player and an elite WR in the NFL.
The first thing you have to love about Tee’s game is his deep ball ability. That has always been his calling card, even without elite speed. So, what makes him such a threat? Well, I would be remiss to leave off his size and frame. He’s long and broad and those two things allow him to high point footballs and shield off defenders naturally. However, what separates Tee from the other thousand long and broad people playing WR at any level up and down the country is an otherworldly ability to track a football down the field, very late hands and reactions to assist with preventing a defender from getting between the ball, and most importantly the body control of a world class ballet performer. I mean this when I say that Tee Higgins has the best body control down the field of any player in football and WR gurus like Urban Meyer, Brian Hartline, and Butch will say that body control is the hardest thing to teach a receiver to do and arguably the most sought after trait of a downfield threat, moreso than speed.
Here’s a great example of this. Sauce is playing Cover 3 to his side of the field, so he’s able to open to the QB and track the ball flight. He’s in decent trail position as like I said earlier, Tee isn’t a burner. However, Sauce is late to find the ball because Tee doesn’t give anything to the ball being flight until the last possible moment where his eyes widen and his hands go up. Sauce is even able to flip his head around and get in the line of sight of Tee, but Tee still effortlessly adjusts his body to maintain eye contact with the football and track it into his bread basket. Not often did Sauce get beat deep this year, but he sure did by Tee. Another example of Tee just sonning DBs downfield. In this matchup, the Browns are playing 2-Read. As soon as the slot WR to Tee’s side goes vertical, it becomes matchup quarters and Greedy Williams is attached to Tee. This is a ball that SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN THROWN. Greedy is in excellent position on the fade. The safety is coming underneath on the deep out so even a back shoulder is typically a bad idea here. The Browns play this really well! But, still, here’s Tee high pointing the ball centimeters above Greedy’s hands and ripping it away from him, having the body control to remain on his feet even as gravity and Greedy are pulling him to the ground, and walking into the end zone.
An underrated part of Tee’s game is his route running. He’s very good on his release. The first clip of this cut up shows why. In the slot here, he stems his defender outside while pushing vertical. His delayed release and “out-in-out” stepping pattern freezes the curl/flat player in the cover 3. He’s in a bad spot to play the “curl” zone (he’s not running a curl) of the coverage because the backer to his side blitzes but Tee has him so frozen, he passes Tee off to no one and Tee is able to settle into wide open space. He also uses his body control to break off vertical routes very quickly, even without having the quickest of feet. Cover 3 to Tee again as most teams were scared of him getting over top of the defense. Tee options this go route off into a perfect flag comeback, using both his intelligence and body control to find open space. The defender is flipped open and running from the snap so he recognizes getting behind him is hard. But the defender is also in really good leverage to snap back down on fast break back to the football, so he has to really sell vertical. He closes space and cuts first like he’s going to run a fade/corner route. Then, he plants extremely hard vertically in one of the most unbelievable leg angles I’ve seen from someone that is still able to keep their feet and comes back to the football. The corner is completely helpless to stop this play.
There’s been this long standing whisper that Tee is a product of Jamarr. I attempted to illustrate as briefly as possible just how incredible of a player Tee is in his own right, but I would be remiss when discussing Tee in context of this list on 2022 play to mention how much he elevated his game with Jamarr out. Tee ended the year with 74 catches for 1029 yards. Nothing to scoff at. But with Jamarr out, he elevated his play to a pace of 110 catches for 1577 yards. Tee may be one of the only players in football that is held back by a top 5 WR talent playing across from him. He proved this year that both players serve a crucial role in this offense and if anything, he could stand to see more targets next season even with Jamarr in the fold. He can be the WR1 and when all the attention is paid to him, he seems to take his game to even higher levels. Look out for him next season climbing up this list even higher.
#91 - Quenton Nelson - Indianapolis Colts - Offensive Guard Previous Ranks
|2021 ||2020 ||2019 ||2018 |
|82 ||21 ||18 ||70 |
4rd OL in history to make the Pro Bowl in each of their first 5 seasons, with 3 AP All-Pro 1st teams
Written by: u/Matt_Forte_
Quenton Nelson continues to be the best lineman on the Colts once again. Having a down year compared to his previous pedigree, he was not quite as dominant as his usual standards in pass protection, he allowed more sacks than he had previously, but some of that can be attributed to inexperienced QB play and poor pocket presence forcing him to have to hold up for longer. Nelson allowed 5 sacks out of the Colts’ 60 total allowed sacks, while starting all 17 games and coming close to the lead league among guards with snaps taken, showing he was nowhere near the biggest culprit on the team in allowing sacks. There were two plays that I felt summarized his pass protection. First, he does a great job picking up a stunt to give Ehlinger time in his first NFL start. Second, is simply a picture. The ball was snapped at 9:37, and approximately 2.5 seconds into the play, Q is the only lineman whose man is not pressuring Sam Ehlinger.
However, Quenton Nelson was still a force to be reckoned with in the run. Between his ability pull, or lead block for Jonathan Taylor, Quenton Nelson still retains his ability to be a dominant force in run blocking. Any Jonathan Taylor highlight will heavily feature a solid block from Q giving him the running lane he takes, or Q out in front leading the charge! He will do this on any DL in the league too, there were several big gains in the Eagles game where Q was able to move the very talented Eagles DTs. He routinely performed this well against some of the best Defensive Lines in the league, such as Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, where he does a great job preventing Heyward from wrecking this TD run,
Expect Quenton Nelson to be a massive cornerstone of Anthony Richardson’s development in Indianapolis, providing a solid foundation to every facet of the run game, and a source of protection up the middle against pass rushers
submitted by packmanwiscy
to nfl [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 18:09 Darthzilla87 [TotK] An Interpretation of Hudson (Spoilers for Tarry Town)
So after completing the Mattison’s Independence side adventure, there is the one beautiful shot of the family in the balloon as the sun sets. During that scene, the music has a very similar piano arpeggio to the one that plays during the Ocarina of Time opening theme, and it got me thinking.
If we look at the release dates of Oot, Botw, and Totk, we see that there is a gap of 19 years, followed by a gap of 6 years. Assuming that the kids that played Ocarina of Time when it came out were roughly 6-9 years old, that would make them roughly 25-28 years old, which is a time when many young adults are starting their careers and getting married. The main side quest in Breath of the Wild with Hudson was building up Tarry Town, his career, and getting married. Following this line of reasoning, by the time Tears of the Kingdom released, these players would be roughly 31-34 years old, when some families have children that are starting pre-school. In Totk, we help Hudson send off Mattison to learn the Gerudo culture.
In summary, this interpretation makes Hudson is kind of a stand-in for the generation of Zelda fans that grew up with Ocarina of Time, starting with the sunrise of the opening title, and ending with the sunset of the balloon cutscene.
Just an interesting thought I had, but it might be a bit of a stretch.
submitted by Darthzilla87
to zelda [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 18:06 PapaXan Experience Improvements Coming to GTA Online
As part of next week’s explosive new GTA Online update — featuring new missions, vehicles, events, and much more — we’re continuing to improve the online experience with a number of experiential updates and upgrades across all available platforms.
Here’s a brief rundown of some of the things you can expect when GTA Online: San Andreas Mercenaries
arrives on June 13:
- The ability to claim all destroyed vehicles at once when filing a Mors Mutual Insurance claim.
- Mors Mutual will no longer charge for recovering Personal Vehicles destroyed during contact missions.
- Custom description tags for garages to help quickly locate your favorite rides when calling the Mechanic.
- The ability to select from individual floors when requesting vehicles from the Eclipse Blvd Garage.
- Pressing D-Pad Right will engage Stealth Mode on the new F-160 Raiju Plane. Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) will move to L3/LS. Holding L3/LS when flying all VTOL aircraft will switch it into and out of VTOL mode.
- The option to re-request an active Mobile Operations Center, Avenger, or Terrorbyte delivered closer to your location via the Interaction Menu.
- Additional filters for Race types when browsing the Jobs Menu.
- The Willard Eudora and Albany Classique Broadway will be eligible for Taxi Work when using Taxi Liveries.
- Lesser-used vehicles will be removed from in-game websites to streamline the browsing experience. These vehicles will be made available via events showrooms, The Lucky Wheel, and other places.
- A new Register as a Boss option in the Interaction Menu, merging SecuroServ and Motorcycle Club.
- A Buy All option when purchasing Body Armor at Ammu-Nation. Rank requirements for Body Armor are also being removed.
- Body Armor will be restocked after Quick Restarting a mission, matching the same Body Armor levels as when first entering the lobby.
- When equipping Body Armor via the Weapon Wheel, the type of Armor used will be relative to how much damage the player has taken.
- When parachuting or in freefall, players will no longer receive phone calls from Tom Connors or English Dave.
- Madrazo Dispatch Services no longer requires multiple players and can be taken on solo.
- Alternative sprint control (hold to sprint) in the Settings Menu.
- Players will be able to select a name for their Acid product (via the Interaction Menu) to receive a 5% sell bonus.
- Rank requirements for Daily Objectives will be removed to allow more players to participate.
- Payouts on many Collectibles and Events — such as Buried Stashes and Treasure Chests — will be increased. We are also correcting payouts for Gerald's Last Play and A Superyacht Life upwards by 25%.
- Rebalancing weapons on the P-996 Lazer and Mammoth Hydra (Freemode only).
- The Orbital Cannon can no longer be instantly reset or refunded to prevent players from being repeatedly targeted.
Track your criminal activities with Career Progress
— a new feature that displays your progression as you rise through the criminal ranks and establish your empire. This will be accessible on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series XS from the GTA Online Main Menu or the Pause Menu, making it easier for both fresh-faced and veteran players to see all their accomplishments at a glance.
- Dozens of new props are available in all Creators, including giant License Plate Walls, eCola cans, destructible fences, underwater mines, and more.
- A Snow weather option for Deathmatches, Races, and Survivals. Plus, Halloween themed additions arriving later this year.
- Option to toggle musical score on and off.
- Option to distinguish teams by assigning Outfits.
- Deathmatches will now have options for Dynamic Teams — players can change teams when respawning and Health Drain — where players lose health over time. Plus, new radar blip options, the ability to lock time of day and weather options in the lobby, options to choose respawn time for item and weapon pickups, and much more.
- Increased number of enemy spawn points in Survivals.
- Fixture Removal will be available in the King of the Hill Creator.
- The prop limit on PC will be increased to 300.
submitted by PapaXan
to gtaonline [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 17:48 skeltord Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon just received a free DLC tripling its content, and is currently on sale for a mere $10. I would like to share my love of it with you all.
TL;DR: Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon is my favorite indie game of all time. One of the best games I've ever played, even. It's simply brilliant - a genius blend of incredibly unique mechanics that flawlessly come together to form a harmonical system that is super fast, challenging, varied, and fun. I included titles for each paragraph so you can choose to only read the important parts!
So what is Pocket Dungeon? Well, if you're expecting a traditional Shovel Knight game, this game has as much to do with the original Shovel Knight as Mario Kart has to do with a mainline Mario game. It uses the same characters, world, enemies, items, etc, but the gameplay differs. This game fuses an action platformer and a falling block puzzler. This is NOT a match 3, don't be fooled - what makes this game so unique is the way in which you control a character within the window blocks (or, enemies and obstacles in this case) fall into. Not only that, but the game moves where you move - every movement you make on the grid makes everything around you move as well. You attack by bumping into the enemy, which causes both sides to take damage - but if a group of the same enemy is touching, you can attack them all at the same time while only the front one hits you and thus score combos. These mechanics are what make the game so unique. I've never seen anything like this.
The nitty gritty details: All of this blends together to make a game with so much depth! The game is a rogulite too - each run takes you across 11 stages, each of which has its own roster of enemies and obstacles and unique visuals and music, but the exact way things go differs every time. Within these levels, different enemies have different stats and many special gimmicks and mechanics that require you to strategize how you defeat them. The game has a roster of 15 playable characters, and the DLC introduced a second form for each that plays completely differently making for 30 in practice, and each one plays so differently some of them feel like a whole different game! Levels also contain chests with items that can turn the tide, side rooms with mini-challenges, and the shop - the larger your combos and the faster you score them, the more gems you get, which you can spend on relics that last for the whole run - every run, your relic collection will expand, but will always be different, making each attempt distinct!
How it flows: It's hard for me to describe how much fun this game is! It's super fast, chaotic, but very challenging and precise, requiring you to constantly pay attention to multiple variables to manage your resources, and your skills and build massive combos, and of course, survive. But it's also very customizable - if you'd rather it be calmer, the difficulty can be adjusted in numerous ways to tailor the experience just for you!
Content Overview: And there's plenty more content - almost 100 (Switch compatible!) achievements, daily and weekly runs with online leaderboards, 2-player vs (with online play coming later), and within the main game, there are not only 15 characters but 5 modes for each - the regular run, the refract run which grants them their aforementioned alternate move doubling the roster, the legendary run which remixes the mechanics of the stage and adds new ones which practically doubles the level count too, as well as a hat challenge that adds crazy chaotic modifiers you can choose between every stage and a special character challenge, personally made for each character. And both the alternate moves and alternate stages can be mixed and matched into other modes too!
Conclusion: So why did I write this? Because I wish for other people to experience what I experienced with this gem. And I wanted you all to truly understand it and know what it has to offer as I do. I'll be happy to know if even a few people find a new favorite thanks to this post!
submitted by skeltord
to NintendoSwitch [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 17:36 Individual_Mess3929 Metal Gear Remake Concepts Part 1
hese are concepts ideas I had for an Metal Gear (1987) remake which I would dub as Metal Gear Solid 6: Outer Haven. Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (1990) would be called Metal Gear Solid 7: Zanzibarland. Both games would be long and give a lot of depth on Solid Snake's past and his relationship with Big Boss, Campbell and Gray Fox. Another game I would push for is Metal Gear Solid: The Philanthropy Chronicles.It would allow players to play as Solid Snake and his supporting cast after the events of Metal Gear Solid 2. Snake’s mission to continue taking out metal gears and track down the Patriots along with Revolver Ocelot. It would lead up to the events of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. I will be working on Metal Gear Solid 7: Zanzibarland concepts soon.
The concept for a Metal Gear Solid 6: Outer Haven (MGS6: OH):
I know its long as Metal Gear (1987) would have to be a game that is remade from the bottom up. A remake of Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake would be easier since it was a rock solid game. One wouldn't have to change much from it just expand on the story, elements and characterization it has already. I would love to get feed back from fans here.
The storytelling aspect is inspired by how MGS (1998) told its story. The game would start with Otacon, a ghost writer that wrote the novel of Snake’s exploits and those that work with Snake during Operation Intrude N313 telling the events of Metal Gear Solid 6: Outer Heaven to journalist they trust. We learn that Snake is paradon for his crimes and is buried as a war hero next to the grave of Big Boss. Given a Medal of Honor award and other awards from other countries for saving the world several times. The world is now knowing about his story and thus even more interested to learn of Snakes exploits during his youth. David Hayter voice being used as a recorded message from a dying Solid Snake giving accounts on what happened in Metal Gear Solid 6 and 7 along with most of his life. Snake hopes that his message and story will inspire others to be better and fight for what is right.
David Hayter wouldn’t voice a young Solid Snake as I feel a voice actor that is younger but can emulate David Hayter mannerism and his voice should do it. A young Solid Snake having a hint of innocence, nativity, vulnerability and self doubt at times.
David Hayter would voice Solid Snake in Metal Gear Solid 7: Zanzibarland since Snake is supposed to be older and wiser. David would be able to give us this voice range and kick it out of the park including the duel against the real Big Boss.
The year is 1995, the Soviet Union has collapsed and the Cold War is now over. The threat of nuclear war is gone and the world embraces this newfound peace. However, this peace is short-lived as there are those that don’t want it. The world is engulfed with the threat of terrorism and rogue states that want to get their hands on nuclear weapons. The free world is now being threatened once again. The US Government works to combat this threat with its covert U.S. Army unit known as Fox-Hound under the leadership of the legendary war hero known as Big Boss. However, when a government agent goes missing during a mission…The agent last reports a weapon that can shake the foundations of the world known as “Metal Gear”. Big Boss sends in a rookie but talented Fox-Hound agent known as Solid Snake to learn of this new weapon. Will Snake learn the truth about this new weapon or will the world find out what Metal Gear will do if it's unleashed?
Like MGS3 there would be a Virtuous Mission in MGS6:OH.
- Solid Snake is sent in by Big Boss to sneak into Mother Boss from MGS5 via Los Angeles Class (Block 3).
- Mother Base is set to be demolished by Outer Heaven forces as they move their forces and operations to mainland Galzburg, South Africa.
- Snake’s mission to find and rescue Gray Fox and any of the kidnapped scientists that work for Dr. Madnar. Find out what Metal Gear is and take them to the extraction point aka an Helicopter Pad not in use by Outer Haven units. Afterward, deploy the fulton recovery device for extraction
- Snake learns Gray Fox is being held in South Africa at the Outer Haven main base along with Dr. Madnar and his top scientist team. His low level assistants were to be executed by Outer Heaven soldiers via demolishing Mother Base. Last, that Metal Gear is also in South Africa and that Outer Haven is planning to use a custom made ICBM nuclear tipped missile potentially on any country that threatens them.
- The mission goes bad when Snake is about to have the scientist air lifted off the ground via fulton recovery devices. The scientists are brutally gunned down by Outer Haven Elite soldiers.
- An enraged Snake takes down the Outer Haven soldiers that approach him using his hybrid but deadly CQC system and tries to air lift himself via fulton recovery device. However, he is ambushed by a masked Venom Snake aka The Masked Phantasm.
- Snake puts up one hell of a fight, hitting Venom several times to where the point where Venom can only praise Snake’s skills. However, he loses when Venom plays mind games with him including stating his full code name and kicks up off the rig.
- Mother Base is destroyed by Venom and his men. Snake is adrift at sea until he is saved by the Los Angeles Class Submarine (Block 3) that helped him infiltrate Mother Base. He is later taken back to the states for a debriefing on what happened while he recovers in a hospital.
- In this mission, Snake only has Big Boss communicating with him and does not get much support. He is given only a trap gun, his CQC knife and basic first aid kits.
- The suit he wears is similar to his sneaking suit from MGS. Only this suit is design to swim on to the Mother Base elevator platform and sneak around on the surface at night
This is where Snake goes to South Africa and has to get to Outer Haven which is a vastly HUGE heavily defended base. Potentially the best soldiers and mercenaries in the world work and defend the base. It is an official mission sponsored by Fox-Hound, NATO, CIA, NSA, UN and top members of the US Government. This means Solid Snake gets a load of equipment, gadgets and weapons for the mission.
- The briefing section for the main mission would give Escape from New York vibes. Big Boss, Lt. Colonel Roy Campell and other government officials brief Snake on his mission. It is here Snake sees his weapons, equipment and gadgets he will have for Operation:.
- Snake mission is the following: 1. Rescue Gray Fox, Kyle Schidener and Dr. Madnar. 2. Investigate War Crimes committed by Outer Haven. 3. Aid Resistance Fighters in any way possible. 4. Rescue any other hostages on the base. 5. Destroy Metal Gear and Neutralize the threat Outer Haven poses to the world. 6. Terminate the Masked Phantasm (Venom Snake)
- He is air dropped in South Africa by an C-130 gunship (Reference to Metal Gear NES/MGS3) and is ordered to meet with an Resistance fighter before moving into an areas destroyed by Outer Heaven forces via horse back
- This intro game would be similar to Rambo 3 and gives a hint on what Solid Snake will be going up against as travel though the beginning of the game seeing Outer Heaven air force units from a distance bomb villages
- The main mission would be a large map to roam around. The location being Galzburg, South Africa where the main base of Outer Haven is located at.
- When Gray Fox is rescued, he will provide support and be Snake’s mentor.
- Level boss battles will be intense and hard
- Last, Entering Outer Haven HQ will be intense and the final battle as well.
Gameplay would be a mix between MSG 3 and MSG 4 and MSG 5. It takes influence from other games like Red Dead Redemption, Splinter Cell and Grand Theft Auto video games along with new mechanics. The concept is to give the game a war survival horror like vibe if you’re spotted by the enemy or having trouble surviving in the wilderness.
MSG3 gameplay elements
- Like MGS3, you could change your camouflage and blend into the environment, camouflage meter, survive off the wilderness and eat foods.
- Finding food in the wilderness would boost Snake’s stamina and also assist with him getting his LIFE up when he rests. However, they would not boost his LIFE up like military rations or other foods (Three-Five star food) found in the supply depots or mess halls at Outer Haven bases would.
- The first aid system from MGS3 would play a part in the game. Solid Snake would be able to heal his wounds or stop bleeding like Big Boss did in MGS3 many decades ago. So having first aid items will be vital.
- The game would have different rations from different countries that Snake can eat from if he takes it off an Outer Haven soldier or from their supply depots. Military rations help heal Snake LIFE and give a small or moderate boost depending on the quality of the ration. (ex. American Military rations would give a moderate boost to Snake LIFE but would give a small boost to his stamina as he isn’t in favor of the rations taste. Russian rations would only give Snake a Small boost in LIFE and small boost in stamina due to its taste. Call back to MGS3. French Rations would boost Snake’s LIFE and Stamina completely which would be a call back to MSG4.)
- Different foods found on Outer Haven bases can boost Snake’s stamina up and LIFE better than Rations such as the Calorie Mate, Curry, different sodas, snacks, etc. Also, three or five star meals found in Outer Haven mess halls scatter through-out their many sub bases or garrisons. P.S. I want to have a scene where Solid Snake finds a Calorie Mate and speaks to Big Boss about it and the two have an interesting conversation about it. (Lol)
- Snake can sabotage enemy supply deports and armories to reduce the enemies ability in fighting him if spotted.
MGS4 Gameplay elements-
- Over the shoulder gameplay
- First person view and aiming down the sights
- A fluid polished gun gameplay mechanic
- Customizable weapon system, weapon attachment, swapping out and fixing inventory slot for weapons and/or inventory
- Psyche meter, this goes down when Snake is spotted too much and takes too much damage
- Currency system to upgrade weapons and get ammo when Snake runs into Resistance fighters weapon vendors
- Solid Snake having the option to assist resistance fighters or continue with his mission
- Aiding resistance fighters will help Snake during take segments of the game. They will return favors to Snake by giving him rations, weapons, other foods and ammo
- Saving hostages at Outer Haven facilities will also assist Snake and give him items or information
- Polished CQC system
- Being able to pick up ammo and weapons of dead enemy soldiers. No ID tags for the weapon.
- Polished CQC and fighting system
- Being able to operate vehicles, tanks, apcs and infantry fighting vehicles. However, enemy forces will start to respond more aggressive call in armored units or gunships to Snake out
- Ride horses
- Weather and day changes at random times, Snake can use this for his advantage
- Enemy checkpoints and small bases that Outer Haven use as buffer against intruders and Outer Haven resistance fighters
- Call in support from local Outer Heaven Resistance fighters (only if you assisted them in them battles, gained their respect and they’re nearby to help)
- Gunship helicopter patrols
- Air assault units
- Armored convoy patrol
- Snake can sabotage mini Outer Haven bases, outpost and can knock enemy communications which makes it harder for enemies to call for back up
- Sabotaging Outer Heaven outposts and their infrastructure will cause Outer Heaven to move their forces out to confront the Resistance fighters thus giving Solid Snake a chance to get past them
- Snake can smoke his Lucky Striker cigarettes to bring up his Psyche or allow time to pass by similar to what Venom Snake did with his E-Cigars in MSG5
Splinter cell element-
- The game would allow players/Solid Snake to use stealth mechanics similar to that game to get by or attack Outer Heaven soldiers
- This also means hiding in the shadows and sometimes staying out of the light
Grand Theft Auto elements-
- Like GTA games, if you do too much damage to the police they get more aggressive.
- It would be no different when you fight Outer Haven soldiers as they will start to send in more elite soldiers with better weapons and armor.
- They will also be able to be armored units or mechanized units and gunships would be sent to kill Snake.
- Worse, Air strikes and heavy artillery strikes as well. Some OH units would deploy bi-pedal armor vehicles and jet packs along with guard dogs.
- This would strongly support the stealth element of the game and give it a war horror movie vibe if you get spotted by the enemy. It doesn’t matter how many good weapons you have on you. You will be overwhelmed by Outer Heaven soldiers and will die if you get spotted multiple times.
- This would be similar to what you see in GTA if too many law enforcement agents continue to swarm on you
New Gaming mechanics -
- Non-linear gameplay- meaning random patrols of Outer Soldiers can occur the closer you get to Outer Haven HQ
- Open world map. Goal is to give fans the immersion that the red dead redemption games gave. Basically the Outer Heaven is like a large country in and of itself
- Game would reward you for not being spotted and embracing the stealth elements of the game. This means you will encounter less Outer Heaven patrols in the game and they won’t be heavily geared up when doing them
- If Snake gets spotted too much in the game, Outer Heaven soldiers will be more hype vigilante, heavily armed and geared up. They will change their patrol tactics to make it difficult for Snake to sneak around. Worse double up on patrols or have support from armored units, gunships or unmanned drones.
- Stealth take down system. Snake can perform lethal or non-lethal takedowns rambo style when his enemies get close. The players can make the decision on which take down to use.
- Snake can switch his fighting system from CQC to the various martial arts he knows. If multiple soldiers are near him he can use CQC or use standard martial arts when fighting enemies that can counter his CQC based attacks.
- He can use a CQC take down on enemies not paying attention to him or other forms of melee takedowns.
- This is to showcase how skilled Snake is when it comes to fighting
- Different locations have points that are controlled by the Outer Haven Resistance fighters and Outer Heaven soldiers
- The game will reward players for assisting Outer Heaven resistances and sabotaging Outer Heaven bases
- Liberate occupied villages under Outer Heaven soldiers occupation or avoid them, go though abandoned villages or resistance fighter controlled villages
- The closer you get to Outer Haven, the more patrols and mini bases run by Outer Heaven soldiers you will encounter. This means the game will get very difficult real quick.
- Outer Heaven patrols will be random at time depending on how many times you have raised the alarms or not during your mission
- Caution mode would contribute to this but there will be more patrols if you cause yourself to enter caution phase too much
- The travel to Outer Haven’s main HQ is to parallel MSG3 when Big Boss had to travel to Gronznyj Grad. It short, Snake travels to Outer Haven would be an epic long high adrenaline rush journey to defeat Venom Snake and destroy TX-55 Metal Gear
- South Africa’s map would be vast and large. It is filled with its soft and rough terrain. Snake can use this to his advantage but so can Outer Heaven Soldiers
- Players will have the option to either go to Outer Heaven outpost or avoid them by using the rough terrain to get around the outpost
- Gray Fox will assist Snake in certain parts of the game and provide support either though radio or combat support to take down a level boss.
- At times, Snake and Gray Fox would work together to take down Outer Haven patrols
- The final part of the game involves Solid Snake and Gray Fox having to fight hordes of Elite Outer Heaven soldiers as they fight to stop Venom Snake from using TX-55 to fire a completed experimental long range ICBM nuclear missile on the Patriots
- Last, Solid Snake vs Venom Snake. Venom proclaims that he is Big Boss to Snake after taking off his mask and the two fight. The rest is history.
- The final battle is to parallel the battle between The Boss and Big Boss. Intense gunfight and CQC fight between the two. Snake needs to use an experimental rocket launcher made by Outer Haven to kill Venom Snake
- After beating the game, you can play as Gray Fox and see the story though his eyes and how he is informed by the Real Big Boss to assist Snake and help him take down Venom Snake.
- Being able to blend into the environment Rambo/Navy SEAL tier One style to either get past enemies or take them down one by one
- Snake would have a booby trap system inspire the Rambo movies to help ambush soldiers or distract them while they go to aid wounded soldiers.
- Snake can create ghillie suits to hide from enemy soldiers, covertly sneak past them or use it to ambush them
- Players would have multiple options on how to enter Outer Heaven outpost and the main HQ
- The weapons in the game will be from late 60s to mid 90s. Weapons form both Soviet Union, Warsaw Pact, China and NATO countries. This goes from handgun, submachines, assault rifles, shotguns, sniper rifles, and anti tank weapons. Last, grenades and mines.
- Weapons can be customizable for Snake to use if he finds the attachment for the weapons or finds an resistance fighter vendor that is nearby to upgrade his weapons
- Enemies use weapons fitted for the environment that they operate it and it's at random the types they use
- Some weapons will be custom built weapons that don’t exist in the real world to be the spirit of the previous Metal Gear Solid game.
- Some weapons will allow Snake to use his CQC techniques or basic melee attacks with weapons
Snake’s Gadgets/Tools for the main mission where he gets official support
- Snake's suit is a combination of late 80s and 90s US Army Special Forces attire but modified.
- 90s tactical vest. It can be upgraded for Snake to carry more ammo and to take more damage as time goes on
- Custom built MP5SD6 with a folding stock, an Beretta 92FS with an tactical flashlight/laser sighting, also can be fitted with an suppressor and MK.22 Trap gun. The weapons are modded so he can use his CQC skills
- A small pack that allows Snake to carry items. This can be increased by upgrading it in the game
- Motion-sensing radar that allows him to track enemy soldiers, a precursor to Soliton Radar. It acts more like a sonar device then radar
- Mountain climbing equipment
- Combat Scuba gear (can be refilled by going outer heaven supply deports)
- Snake has a advanced long range radio and a wireless headset to communicate with his team
- Wire cutters
- Different camouflages and face paint to wear
- Idroid like device but advanced
- Fox Hound adaptation of INT-SCOPE but more advanced and has the ability for Snake to switch to different fields of view including Night Vision and Thermal Infrared. Last, a camera system for Snake to take pictures
- INT-SCOPE can be used to help Snake what tier Outer Heaven Soldier that he is dealing with and help him plan acquiring and allow him to listen in
- Tactical flashlights
- Tools to create ghillie suits
- CQC knife
- Survival Knife used for melee take downs
- Limited Fox-Hound issued MRE rations to restore life and stamina along with restore psyche
- A blue bandana that Big Boss gives him
- Vehicles found in the game are jeeps, armored tank, tanks, APCs, artillery vehicles and helicopters along with jets from the late 70s to mid 90s
- Unmanned vehicles that didn’t exist in the mid 90s
- The end of the 80s going into a new era aka the 90s.
- Desert Storm and the aftermath of the war
- The politics behind America being the only SuperpoweHype-power in the 90s
- Child Soldiers, Solid Snake being one.
- NATO, its organization expanding and the conflicts it was involved in though peacekeeping missions
- The fall of the Soviet Union, end of the Cold War, and Post-Cold War politics/events
- The rise of new technology, internet, movies, music CGI and upcoming digital age in the 90s
- The rise of global terrorism and rogue states
- The threat terrorism and rogue states pose and the fear of them getting their hands on nuclear weapons. A true big fear of the 90s going into the 2000s
- Coming of age soldiesecret agent/legend (Solid Snake)
- The Rambo movie series since Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake were heavily influenced by the first three Rambo movies.
- 80s and 90s James Bond movies. Mostly Goldeneye since it follows post-cold war.
- Die Hard movies series, gun battles and intensity between the characters and death defining odds
- Hardboiled (1992), the gun battle that Solid Snake and Gray Fox will have against the swarm of Outer Haven elite soldiers would be heavily influenced off the final gun battle from this movie.
- Running Man, the Boss level villains being similar in design to the villains from the movie, only less colorful, evil like, aggressive and more tactical in fighting.
- Face Off (1997) - action scenes
- Escape from New York, since the first game was influenced by the movie. The main mission where Solid Snake goes to South Africa with official support will give off this type of vibes including the mission briefing he is given as he looks at his equipment.
- The Rock (1996), action scenes and the relationship that Sean Connery as John Patrick Mason and Nicolas Cage as Stanley Goodspeed, FBI. Its similar to the relationship Gray Fox and Solid Snake will have.
- The music for the game would be influenced by the previous MGS games, Rambo movies, Syphon filter and action movies from the 90s. Mixed bag of tones to give different vibes for the game
- The music will be atmospheric in nature as you move around Mother Base and later South Africa
- One set of music to make you feel like a spy, other half giving you the false sense of safety, other places the music will make you feel like your in a warzone and/or being chased
- Real world music from the 80s and 90s that players can listen to when they find a Sony Discman D-145 (1995) laying around or Sony walkmans
- Real world music would 80s - 1995, Rock, Pop, Alternative Rock, R&B, Mainstream hits, Rap, Jaxx and etc. Can listen to game music as well on either device when you the player find them.
- David/Solid Snake:
- A child soldier of sorts. He spent his life being fostered by different foster parents (Patriot handlers) until he reached the age of 6. After that, Solid Snake was trained though-out most of his life by his many handlers at an US Army run school.
- In the US Army run school (Patriots involvement), he was made to engage in a mix of U.S. infantry, Airborne infantry, U.S. Army Ranger, Green Beret and Delta Force style harsh training. Add in the school making him learn different languages at a young age.
- On days he didn’t do military training, Snake was made to endure intense academic schooling. It was here Snake was pushed to understand the general knowledge of Science, Math, Reading, English, Writing, Workshop Skills at a High School to College level. In addition, understand how to operate most vehicles as well.
- At age 18, he was later placed in the US Army as a 2LT to a Green Beret Unit. The Patriots and his handlers, changed his age date so that he was capable of joining the unit and being a junior officer. He is second in command of the unit and sent to fight in Desert Storm (1990-1991).
- Solid Snake had a short but very successful career in the US Army through the multiple successful missions he completed in that war.
- His missions involved him destroying multiple SCUD launchers, sabotaging Iraqi supply lines, disputing their communication lines, assassination or capturing of top Iraqi officers, and deep reconnaissance within Iraq. His unit would also take part in aiding in liberating Kuwait.
- He is awarded a Silver Star and promotion to Captain before personally being recruited into Fox-Hound by Big Boss himself.
- Big Boss and Roy Campell were coordinating Fox-Hound operations in Desert Storm which is why they knew of Snake’s exploits and saw him as a candidate for the unit.
- Prime Solid Snake is a force to reckon with and is considered to be the best all around Fox-Hound agent along with being the finest practitioner of CQC next to Big Boss and The Boss.
- Big Boss states to Gray Fox at the end of the game that Snake could defeat The Boss with ease had they had fought in a straight hand to hand duel in the 1960s. In short, this is Big Boss way of humbling Gray Fox and telling him to NOT underestimate Snake for when the time comes for Fox to kill him (Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake events).
- Snake’s CQC is unique and deadly in design due to his expert knowledge of various different martial arts from his youth, his mastery of Close Quarter Battle (CQB) and knowledge of CQC handed down to him by Big Boss. Snake incorporates many different forms of Martial Arts to his style of CQC where he adds in striking (punching and kicking), fake or faints, foot work, clinch, ground fighting and grappling.
- Despite being inexperienced, Snake makes up for this by being sure of his skills and not being afraid to pull the trigger. Snake’s real fear is that he is going up against experienced killers and soldiers by himself who can kill him
- Snake’s relationship with Gray Fox is similar to the relationship to what we saw in MGS2 between Solid Snake and Raiden. Only a young Solid Snake is more badass when compared to a young Raiden
- Snake’s relationship to Roy Campell is similar to what we see in MGS. However, the two become friends quickly due to the experiences they share being involved in Desert Storm.
- Roy Campell encourages Snake not to give up and to be sure of himself. He also calms down an enraged Snake when they learn that Big Boss is behind everything.
- Solid Snake's relationship with Big Boss is similar to The Boss and Naked Snake in MGS3 but a lot longer as Big Boss continues to “support” Solid Snake with his mission.
- Fox-Hound, NATO, CIA, FBI and NSA start to put the pieces together that Big Boss is behind everything. He goes off the air and Venom Snake confronts Solid Snake. Rest is history after that.
- He is the commander of Fox-Hound and re-organizes the covert special forces unit to combat terrorism and rogue states trying to get their hands on nuclear weapons.
- This was a fear in the 90s and Big Boss being a legendary war hero made him the perfect pick to be the leaders of the organization again
- Under his leadership, Fox-Hound is successful in taking out world terrorists, international arms dealers, their backs and having them arrest by allied countries
- Big Boss and Roy Campell are awarded medals for their efforts
- Big Boss holds the simulated rank of a One Star General in within Fox-Hound due to his vast war experience, successful missions and saving the world several times over
- We learn of Big Boss past and how he was an top NCO before MGS3 before being given an rank of officer
- Big Boss personally trains Solid Snake and passes his legacy down to him after Snake accepts an open challenge to spare him and hits Big Boss multiple times before losing.
- This is a tradition Big Boss would offer recruits during his command. The challenge was that he would train any recruit as his solo student if they could hit him in sparring. Only Snake was the only recruit to do so in Fox-Hound.
- Big Boss does care for Solid Snake in a bizarre way and doesn’t want to see him killed unless it's by his hands which he is secretly plotting to do.
- In the virtuous and main mission, Big Boss provides support to Solid Snake by giving him advice from his war time experience, how to survive in sneaking around Outer Haven and how to survive off the land.
- During Boss battles, Big Boss goes off the air, leaving Campell to assist.
- Everyone becomes suspicious of Big Boss when they discover his spy plane has disappeared off radar and it is not far from Outer Haven.
- Worse, when intelligence agencies learn that Big Boss was sending message to Outer Heaven HQ (Gray Fox) but they are unaware of who
- They create an warrant for his arrest and the rest is history after Venom Snake dies
Roy Campbell :
- He isn’t a full bird colonel yet and is an Lt. Colonel. He is second in command of Fox-Hound.
- Big Boss trusted Campell because of the events they shared in MSG:PO and the vast amount of experience he has in counter-terrorism missions to black ops in taking out terrorists leaders.
- Campbell quickly befriends Solid Snake due to their shared war experiences in Desert Storm.
- Campbell is a skilled tactician and strategist, and is heavily supportive of Solid Snake. He gives Snake (Player) hints and clues to move around in the game. In addition, information on weapons and vehicles.
- Last, he gives ideas on how to destroy level bosses
- He was on a mission to assassinate Venom Snake after Big Boss discovered that Venom wants to use Nuclear Weapons against Patriot run countries that would trigger a nuclear war. Of course, official members of Fox-Hound are unaware of this and believe he is investigating Outer Haven to learn if they’re involved with terrorists.
- He fails his mission that Big Boss assigned to him and is captured by Venom Snake after losing a fight against him.
- Venom spares his life and threatens that if he escape, he will personally take him out next time.
- After being feed by Solid Snake, Gray Fox is ordered by Big Boss in secret to assist Snake in taking out Venom and later assassinate Snake to cover up everything at Outer Heaven.
- However, Gray Fox is unable to help Snake take out Venom after being cut off by a swarm of Outer Haven soldiers. He instead sacrifices himself so that Snake can stop Venom from launching nukes from Metal Gear TX-55. Later, fakes his death so he could return to the real Big Boss and help with Zainabarland
- After beating the game, you can play as Gray Fox and see the story through his eyes. Learn more about him, his fighting style and how he assists Solid Snake
- His fighting is mixed between his fighting style as Null (MGS:PO), CQC concepts Big Boss passed to him, Knife fighting style and pro gun fighting skills.
Venom Snake/Big Boss
- Venom Snake would have a huge makeover since the events of Metal Gear Solid 5. He has been given nanomachines so that he can survive future medical surgery and look more like Big Boss and stand in for him.
- The horn in his head is removed which almost kills him but the nanomachines prevent this and heal him. They also grant him superhuman abilities that turn him into a super-soldier of sorts. His bionic hand is replaced with a more human-like bionic hand.
- The nanomachines are a precursor to what Vamp would have many years later. Only Venom’s nanos won’t bring him back from the dead, just heal him faster. However, the side effects is that the nanos in him are making him mentally unhinged
- He is given a new sneaking suit to help harness his new abilities and provide extra protection for him. Snake would need to use an Anti-Tank rifle or Anti-Tank rocket launcher to take him out.
- He is not the same man he was in MSG5. He is more militant towards the Patriots, ruthless and cold blooded. A pure demon at this point and isn’t afraid to commit war crimes or allow his men to do so.
- Venom’s prime mission is to destroy the Patriots and nations they run via nuclear strike using TX-55 Metal Gear. However, he knows that Outer Haven will be hit by NATO countries.
- This causes a rift between Venom and Big Boss. Venom sees Big Boss as being weak and is not willing to do enough to destroy the Patriots and is not willing to do whatever it takes to do so.
- However, the rift is created by Master Miller who kept his promise to help make the sons of Big Boss and Venom Snake stronger then Big Boss
- The rift gets so bad that Big Boss suspects Venom is not being loyal to him anymore and sends in Gray Fox to find out what Venom is doing leading to Metal Gear (1987) events and to assassinate him. Fox fails and loses to Venom in a fight. Venom shows mercy and has Fox locked at a maximum security brig at the Outer Haven prison site.
- A Venom Snake respects Solid Snake as he sees how skilled he is but he also plays mind games with him by hinting his relationship to Big Boss.
- He now wears a mask when he goes out in battlefields to fight aside his men so as to keep Big Boss identity hidden. He is dubbed the Masked Phantasm by world intelligence agencies. As far as the world is concerned, nobody knows who the Masked Phantasm is. Some people think he is a student of Big Boss due to CQC abilities. Near the end, he takes the mask off to reveal to Solid Snake who he is Big Boss (fake one).
- Last, we will know of the tragic story of Venom Snake and how really wanted to be a doctor after his contract with Militaires Sans Frontières end.
- Sadly, no one will ever know about Venom Snake and the man he was before his tragic events.
- He will apologize via radio to Big Boss asking his forgiveness and informs him that Solid Snake is not a man but a demon of their own making. Last, he correctly predicts that Snake will defeat the Patriots and do what they failed to do right before the Outer Haven based self destructs.
- Developer of Outer Haven and help with building the base. Later, becomes the leader of the Outer Haven resistance force in South Africa after learning of Outer Haven’s war crimes in the region.
- He is captured and the resistance fighters try to scramble to rescue him. They agree to help Fox-Hound and Solid Snake in exchange for the safe return of their leader
- Knows where most of the weapons, foods and other important items are on the base will inform Snake on where to find them.
- Also inform Snake of where vital security checkpoints are and more are located at.
- Is caught in the explosion when NATO destroys what is left of Outer Haven. He is saved by the Real Big Boss.
- He will tragically become the Black Ninja and this leads to the event of Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake where he will seek revenge against the world for what has happened to him.
- She is the sister of Kyle Scheider. She took it upon herself to go and rescue her brother despite not being a soldier or warrior.
- She disguises herself as a nurse and sneaks into the base. She assist Snakes with information and where weapons are at.
- The original game doesn't say what happened to her. So I have her help Solid Snake escape and they watch Outer Haven from a distance get destroyed with NATO delivering air strikes on reminding Outer Haven bases
- She is present when Solid Snake is giving a medal for completing the mission by President Bill Clinton
- The two have a brief relationship before he moves to Canada to be an undercover CIA agent
- Snake helps her find a job in America for her helping him and getting her a green card to stay in America
Drago Pettrovich Madnar
- A Goth Punk rocker that has a band called Thin Wall. She performed for Outer Haven several times and knows about the base
- She assists Snake with giving information on Outer Haven bases and the main HQ. Also, info on the mercenaries that operate the bases and informs him of the weakness of the Bosses in the game.
- She has a crush on Solid Snake and is in her early 20s.
- She is present for Solid Snake getting a medal for completing the mission
- The developer of the first Metal Gear. His project, himself, his scientist and his daughter are taken hostage by Outer Heaven soldiers
- He is being used to complete TX-55 Metal Gear and develop an custom built nuclear tipped ICBM that can be fired from Metal Gear
- Informs Solid Snake on how to take out Metal Gear He is taken off base by Jennifer after Snakes saves him
- He informs the US Government to send Snake his regards fos saving him
- The daughter of Dr. Madnar. She is being used as a tool to force Dr. Madnar on continuing his work on TX-55 Metal Gear
- She is saved by Snake and escorted off the base by Jennifer
- She is present for Snake getting a medal for completing the mission and stands in for her father
- Expert in science, engineering and responsible for making all of the gadgets Fox-Hound has
- He is also aware of the weapon systems, gadgets and tools that Outer Heaven Soldiers use
- Son of Donald Anderson
- Gameplay mechanic, he is charge of saving the game for you when you contact him
- Would return in Metal Gear Solid 7: Zanzibar Land and Metal Gear Solid: Philanthropy Chronicles to aid Snake. In Philanthropy Chronicles he aids Snake to atone for the sins of his father. He would go into hiring with Snake’s afterwards which is why there is no mention of him in MGS4
- He would leave Fox-Hound after the Zanzibarland incident and work for the CIA as a gadget builder
submitted by Individual_Mess3929
to metalgearsolid [link] [comments]