Improv, one word at a time.
A place to write a letter you don't intend to send.
A FGC focused subreddit for Dragon Ball FighterZ by Arc System Works.
I'm considering upgrading the camera used in my current vlogging setup.
• I have been using the EOS 70D for about a year now and have acquired a handful of lenses with it I typically shoot content around lifestyle, weightlifting workouts, and group discussions etc. • I'm not 100% sold whether shooting/editing/uploading content in 4K is worth it for my current and future audience, as I anticipate most people viewing content like mine will watch on their phone • My budget is approximately $1500 CAD
The 70D is a great camera and has served me well. That said, I am looking to step my content quality came up as I am starting to take it more seriously now that I have more time on my hands in life to shoot content. Is it worth upgrading from my 70D to an R10 for better vlogging content?
Lenses owned: Canon EF-S 24mm f / 2.8 STM Lens Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 is STM Lens Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM (Kit lens)
Lenses with purchase: Canon RF-S18-45mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM lens (Kit lens) Canon RF50mm F1.8 STM
Reason for posting: Could someone who has more experience and technical expertise, please share an explanation and maybe some alternative considerations if possible?
Thank you so much in advance!
Here is a sample of content I shoot, for example: https:// youtu.be/1JuazafKucY
Sorry but I want to give some background. So I was a former Muslim and strictly practiced my faith. I used to do all the basics and even the voluntary acts. I used to be what you call “Salafi” who tried to imitate the first three generations of Islam.
However I NEVER once questioned my faith because asking too much questions will cause doubt and cause you to become a disbeliever. There was a stigma around it and it’s insufferable sometimes that you have no satisfactory answers to these doubts. From the errors in the Quran all the way to the filthy behaviors and laws of Muhammad like sex slavery, rape, no adoption policy etc
But thankfully I live in the West, so I had the freedom to do so without fear. I found that Jesus is honored so much, and I mean SO MUCH more than Muhammad in Islam and that he is the TRUE moral example for all of us.
Mary is the best woman according to the Quran, not even Muhammad’s parents were honored like this. Jesus was raised TO God after dying, yes the arabic actually says this contrary to popular belief and he was the ONLY Prophet to do so. He never sinned.
He created and gave life in the same way Allah gave life. He was called the Word of Allah and the Spirit of Allah. The Quran is Uncreated and Eternal and then the speech of Allah became a book, why can’t it become flesh then? He is the ONLY one called ‘Masih/Messiah’. The Dajjal (Anti-Christ) will claim Godhood and bring life to the dead. Why claim Godhood and bring life to the dead? Because Jesus claimed Godhood and he DID give life to the dead according to Islam. That’s why he is the “ANTI CHRIST” in Islam. I can go on but you get what I am saying here.
Muhammad was a false prophet. Yet notice how despite all of this, he cannot deny how majestic Jesus was! To me this proves how false prophets will never truly be successful and Christianity will always prevail!
I’m on the verge of converting but I need some resources. I have made a start by reading the Gospels. Can someone provide me with beginner resources about how to pray, the correct creedal beliefs, videos etc.
Sorry for the long post 🙏🏽
I bought this vinyl and found smth interesting on the backside. There r some what I found (maybe it’s coincidence, but I don’t think so): 1. Only Bobby has name with all small letters. 2. Audrey’s and Laura’s names were wrote with mistakes. 3. There’s no Lynch in the cast. 4. Characters with double life have double font names. 5. There’s no the tall man. I guess that’s not all.
Day 1: 25th Hanoi
9:00 AM - Arrival in Hanoi
• Arrive in Hanoi from Chennai. • Take a taxi from the airport to your hotel.
10:00 AM - Check-in and Relax
• Check into your hotel and freshen up. • Take some time to rest and prepare for the day.
11:00 AM - Explore Hoan Kiem Lake and Old Quarter
• Start your exploration at Hoan Kiem Lake, a scenic spot in the heart of Hanoi. • Take a leisurely walk around the lake and admire the Turtle Tower. • Explore the bustling streets of the Old Quarter, known for its narrow lanes, shops, and street food.
1:00 PM - Lunch
• Enjoy a traditional Vietnamese lunch at a local restaurant.
2:00 PM - Visit Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and One Pillar Pagoda
• Take a taxi or walk to the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum complex. • Visit the mausoleum, the One Pillar Pagoda, and the Ho Chi Minh Museum. • Note: The mausoleum is open only in the mornings on certain days, so please check the schedule in advance.
4:00 PM - Temple of Literature
• Take a taxi or grab a ride to the Temple of Literature (Van Mieu - Quoc Tu Giam). • Explore the temple, known as Vietnam's first university, and its beautiful gardens.
6:00 PM - Dinner and Street Food Tour
• Enjoy a delicious dinner at a local restaurant or try the famous street food in the Old Quarter. • Consider joining a street food tour to taste various Vietnamese specialties.
Day 2: 26th - Hanoi City Tour and Ha Long Bay's Floating Villages
7:00 AM - Breakfast
• Enjoy breakfast at your hotel or try a local breakfast spot.
8:00 AM - Ha Long Bay's Floating Villages Tour
• Take a full-day tour to Ha Long Bay's Floating Villages from Hanoi. • Join a guided tour that includes transportation, boat ride, and lunch on the boat.
9:00 AM - Departure for Ha Long Bay
• Board a tour bus or van that will take you to Ha Long Bay.
12:00 PM - Explore the Floating Villages
• Arrive at Ha Long Bay and embark on a boat to explore the floating villages. • Enjoy the stunning scenery, limestone karsts, and learn about the local life on the water. • Lunch will be served on the boat.
5:00 PM - Return to Hanoi
• Return to Hanoi by bus or van. • Upon arrival, take a taxi back to your hotel.
7:00 PM - Evening in Hanoi
• Spend the evening exploring Hanoi at your leisure. • Visit local markets, enjoy a cup of Vietnamese coffee, or try some street food.
Day 3: 27th - Explore Hanoi
7:00 AM - Breakfast
• Enjoy breakfast at your hotel or explore a local breakfast spot.
8:00 AM - Hoa Lo Prison Museum
• Visit the Hoa Lo Prison Museum, also known as the "Hanoi Hilton." • Explore the historical exhibits and learn about the prison's significance during the Vietnam War.
10:00 AM - Explore Hanoi's Museums
• Choose from the various museums in Hanoi based on your interests. • Options include the Vietnamese Women's Museum, Museum of Ethnology, or the Fine Arts Museum.
1:00 PM - Lunch
• Enjoy a leisurely lunch at a local restaurant or try another street food adventure.
2:00 PM - Explore Hanoi's Markets
• Visit local markets such as Dong Xuan Market or Cho Hom Market. • Explore the vibrant stalls and shops offering a variety of goods and souvenirs.
4:00 PM - Relaxation and Spa Time
• Treat yourself to some relaxation and rejuvenation at a spa in Hanoi. • Indulge in a massage or other spa treatments to unwind before your flight.
6:00 PM - Dinner
• Have a delicious dinner at a local restaurant or try a specialty dish. • Enjoy Vietnamese cuisine one last time before your departure.
8:00 PM - Explore Hanoi's Nightlife
• Take a stroll around the Old Quarter or visit the bustling Ta Hien Street. • Experience the vibrant nightlife scene, enjoy live music, or have a drink at a rooftop bar.
Day 4: 28th - Explore Hue , Hai Van Pass & Da Nang
7:10 AM - Arrival in Hue
• Arrive in Hue and transfer to your hotel. • Check-in and freshen up.
8:30 AM - Breakfast
• Enjoy breakfast at your hotel or a local café.
9:30 AM - Hue City Tour
• Start your Hue city tour by visiting the Imperial City, a UNESCO World Heritage site. • Explore the imperial architecture and learn about the history of the Nguyen Dynasty.
12:00 PM - Lunch
• Have lunch at a local restaurant, trying Hue's famous specialties such as bun bo Hue (spicy beef noodle soup) or banh khoai (Hue-style pancake).
1:30 PM - Explore Thien Mu Pagoda and Tomb of Emperor Tu Duc
• Visit Thien Mu Pagoda, an iconic symbol of Hue located on the banks of the Perfume River. • Explore the serene pagoda and enjoy the river views. • Afterward, visit the Tomb of Emperor Tu Duc, one of the most beautiful royal mausoleums in Hue.
3:30 PM - Depart for Hai Van Pass
• Pick up your rented motorbike and begin your journey to the Hai Van Pass. • Enjoy the scenic ride along the coast and through mountainous landscapes.
5:30 PM - Sunset at Hai Van Pass
• Arrive at the Hai Van Pass and take in the breathtaking views. • Enjoy the sunset from the pass, known for its panoramic vistas.
7:00 PM - Dinner
• Have dinner at a local restaurant in Da Nang before returning your motorbike.
8:30 PM - Transfer to Da Nang
• Arrange for a taxi or private transfer to take you from Da Nang to your hotel in Da Nang. • Check-in and rest for the night.
Day 5: 29th - Cu Chi Tunnels and City Tour
10:30 AM - Arrival in Ho Chi Minh City
• Arrive at Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City. • Transfer to your hotel and check-in. • Recommended hotel in Ho Chi Minh City: Liberty Central Saigon Citypoint Hotel or similar.
11:30 AM - Lunch
• Enjoy a delicious Vietnamese lunch at a local restaurant.
1:00 PM - Cu Chi Tunnels Tour
• Join a guided tour to the Cu Chi Tunnels, a vast network of tunnels used during the Vietnam War. • Explore the tunnels, learn about their history, and experience crawling through the underground passages.
5:00 PM - Relaxation and Freshen Up
• Return to your hotel and relax or freshen up.
7:00 PM - Dinner at Ben Thanh Market
• Visit the vibrant Ben Thanh Market. • Enjoy a dinner of local street food at the market stalls.
8:30 PM - Explore Ho Chi Minh City at Night
• Take a leisurely walk around the city center, exploring landmarks like the Notre Dame Cathedral and the Central Post Office. • Experience the lively atmosphere of the city at night.
Day 6: 30th - Mekong Delta Cruise
8:00 AM - Breakfast
• Start your day with breakfast at your hotel or explore a local café.
9:00 AM - Mekong Delta Day Trip
• Take a full-day tour to the Mekong Delta from Ho Chi Minh City. • Cruise along the Mekong River, visit local villages, and experience the rural life. • Enjoy activities like fruit tasting, traditional music performances, and a sampan boat ride.
6:00 PM - Return to Ho Chi Minh City
• Return to Ho Chi Minh City in the evening. • Rest and freshen up at your hotel.
8:00 PM - Night Market Shopping
• Explore the night market in Ho Chi Minh City, such as the Ben Thanh Night Market or the Nguyen Hue Walking Street. • Shop for souvenirs, clothing, and local handicrafts.
Day 7: July 1st - Departure from Ho Chi Minh City
8:00 AM - Breakfast
• Enjoy breakfast at your hotel or try a local breakfast spot.
9:00 AM - War Remnants Museum
• Visit the War Remnants Museum, which exhibits artifacts and photographs related to the Vietnam War. • Gain insight into the historical events and their impact on the country.
11:00 AM - Cyclo Ride in District 1
• Take a cyclo (bicycle rickshaw) ride through the bustling streets of District 1. • Experience the unique mode of transportation and get a closer look at the city's daily life.
1:00 PM - Lunch
• Have lunch at a local restaurant, trying Vietnamese dishes like pho or banh mi.
2:30 PM - Explore Cholon (Chinatown)
• Visit Cholon, Ho Chi Minh City's vibrant Chinatown. • Explore the bustling markets, pagodas, and temples in the area.
5:00 PM - Rooftop Bar Experience
• Enjoy a drink at a rooftop bar in Ho Chi Minh City. • Take in the panoramic views of the city skyline.
7:00 PM - Dinner
• Have dinner at a restaurant offering Vietnamese cuisine or try a unique dining experience like a river cruise dinner.
I work in a female dominated position. I'm so uninvolved with everyone's life and the drama everyone there seems to make for themselves. I keep to myself a lot at work, because I know I can't trust anyone to use what I say against me. I don't take joy in bashing others and talking shit and spreading rumors about someone. I'm there to work and if I make a few friends along the way, that's great. One of my coworkers just voluntarily started talking about my other coworkers to me, and I found out a lot of things about the girls that I otherwise had no idea about, and I've been working there for a year and a half. That's how uninvolved I am.
I absolutely hate working with so many women, because the whole atmosphere resorts back to being in high school. Once a clique forms, they're inseparable and insufferable. They all start talking shit about you without naming names 5 feet away from you. They think they're perfect all the time and don't make mistakes.
One of these girls is trying to get a rise out of me, which I won't submit to. We already don't acknowledge each other or make eye contact when walking past. It's a mutual agreement that we do not like each other, and that's fine. But now it's getting to the point where I have anger and annoyance built up on Friday's because of her. I'm not hateful person at all. I let things go very easily, but the rage I feel in my chest for her is topping the rest of my emotions and affecting my weekends. I want to blurt out to her to shut the fuck up, but I don't want to give her what she wants by getting a rise out of me.
I don't even think this is me looking for advice, just a place to vent. I know that what I want to do is ignore her, so maybe I'm just looking for how to not let her get under my skin...
"Pig! Nasty fat pig! - Arthur thought with irritation, leaving the subway, - Squeals, as if she is being cut! Businesswoman! I would put this businesswoman with doggy style right on her huge table and fuck her like a..."
Arthur Lomov was thirty-four and he had everything, like people have - a house, a wife, a child, death ahead, and death inside. He also had a job that he hated. More precisely, the work itself did not cause rejection in him, work as work is no worse than then of others. He did not like the bosses (who likes their?). And not even all the bosses, but only the headmistress, the one whom he was going to "fuck". Sleek and haughty, she spoke to people with undisguised disgust, through her teeth, sincerely and deeply despising the "cattle" that surrounded her. Lomov including. He was nobody for her, a manager, what millions, not even an insect, but a bacterium, office plankton. She has not fired him until now just because there was no case. And then the crisis broke out and rumors about layoffs spread around the office.
And as luck would have it, Arthur mixed up some numbers in the quarterly report. Margarita Nikolaevna called him into the office, and screamed as if he had stabbed and robbed a beggar on the porch of church! Not only did she deduct 30 percent from his salary, she also promised to fire he next time! Yes, he himself would have gone, on the same day! If he had money, real big money, say a million dollars!
Arthur suddenly imagined how he, in an expensive dark gray Versace suit, with a small suitcase in his hand, ignoring the screams of secretary, opened the door with a kick and entered the hated office. How the headmistress's already round stupid eyes are rounded.
"What do you want, Lomov?" She asks.
“I have a business proposal!” He says and puts the case on the table; - I want to fuck you ... Yes, to fuck you now on that table fore million dollars! Behind, you a lustful bitch!
“Yes, you are drunk Lomov, leave my office immediately ...” the headmistress says and the last word gets stuck in her throat, because at that moment Arthur opens the suitcase and she sees tight green bundles with real American money.
The headmistress hardly takes her eyes off the dollars, looks at Lomov, then back at the money. Her primitive brain tries to comprehend the non-standard situation and begins to boil.
"Where did you get this from, Lomov?" she says, swallowing her saliva.
"Who cares? You agree?"
The woman's face is covered with red spots, becomes confused and even somehow miserable.
“This is so unexpected…” she mutters, “what if someone comes in?”
Lomov does not answer anything, and only looks at the headmistress, enjoying her confusion.
Finally, having overcome her excitement, she presses the "selector" button:
“Lena don’t let anyone in to see me! I'm busy!"
Then she raises her eyes to Lomov and begins to unbutton her blouse with trembling fingers, the buttons do not obey her, she throws it, grabs the zipper on her skirt.
At this moment, Lomov slams the suitcase shut and takes it off the table.
"Best wishes!" he says.
"In what sense?" The headmistress asks bewildered.
"I changed my mind!" Arthur calmly answers and, without looking back, leaves the office...
He dreamed so much that he almost fell under the wheels and right on the pedestrian crossing. Some idiot on a tinted "nine" flashed in front of him, Arthur barely had time to bounce, but did not calculate his strength and fell into a puddle.
“No, that’s not good,” he thought, rising to his feet and shaking off the dirt from his jacket, “I need to drink urgently!”
* * *
The pub turned out to be very unpresentable, but this did not bother Lomov. Taking two mugs of beer, he hardly found a free table in the bluish smoke and finally took his first long sip.
- Your headmistress got nitpicking you up, and you are completely innocent of anything? - Arthur heard a dry cracked voice in his ear.
He raised his eyes and saw that a dubious appearanceg peasant with a week-long stubble and two mugs of light beer was sitting at his table. Since the question was purely rhetorical, Arthur merely chuckled vaguely in response.
Now ask me, how do I know this? - the stranger did not want to lag behind.
- What is this?
- Well, the fact that you were fucked by your headmistress for no reason at all?
- Well, how do you know that? - Said Arthur to get rid of the importunate type.
- It's very simple - I'm God! - The stranger said triumphantly. And noticing the bewilderment in the eyes of the interlocutor, he explained:
- Well, the one who created the Earth, the Sky and all this! - He glanced around at the smoky pub.
The life of Artur Lomov developed in such a way that he was not ready for such meetings.
"Yeah, that's exactly how I imagined you!" he chuckled sarcastically.
But the impostor, as it turned out, was not going to joke at all.
- What did you want? I look like this because of you! Because that's how you represent me! And if you were a Hindu, I could now have an elephant's head and a long trunk. What if you were a Mayan...
- Don't, I understand everything, - Arthur stopped him, - Just don't expect me to buy you beer!
- Do not make me laugh! I can create so much beer that it will flood not only your entire Moscow, but the entire planet! And what, not a bad idea - a worldwide beer flood! It is high time! Pathetic little people completely lost their fear, they do what they want! I created such a beautiful planet for you: blue seas, snow-capped mountains, shady forests, crystal waters of rivers! And what did you turn it into?
“Yes, the guy seems to be in trouble with his head!” - thought Arthur, listening to the ravings of an uninvited drinking companion.
Finally, he couldn't take it anymore.
- Well, if you are so omnipotent, could you, just as an entertainment, create for me, let's say a small suitcase with a million dollars? Lomov asked.
“I could,” reply the impostor, not at all embarrassed, “but I won’t. You see, money is such a thing… no matter how much they give you it anyway, very soon you will feel that this is not enough. I'd rather make sure you never need money at all. Is it coming?
Arthur shrugged vaguely.
- I will turn you, well, let's say ... - the stranger thought for a second, - into a rat!
“I don’t want to be a rat,” Lomov suddenly got scared, “they are vile and nasty!”
- No, no, just a rat! Big black rat! But not today, tomorrow. In the meantime, drink your beer!
- Wait! Don't turn me into anyone! - Arthur shouted, but the hanyga had already vanished into cigarette smoke.
* * *
Arthur could not get the key into the keyhole for a long time, and when he finally managed to open the door, he saw his wife in a dressing gown with a crumpled night face.
- Where are you hanging out? – Unkindly asked she, - Do you know what time it is? And why isn't the cell phone answering?
- The phone is dead. Probably ... - Arthur muttered, barely moving his tongue.
- You're l drunk! - The wife said and grimaced in disgust, - And with whom did you get so drunk?
- You will not believe - with God!
- Moron! - said the wife and slapped Arthur on the head with a slipper.
- I am not kidding! I actually drank beer with God and he promised to turn me into a rat! Tomorrow! - He suddenly felt funny, and he began to choke with laughter, - Imagine, tomorrow you wake up, and your husband is a rat, or rather ratman! But it's tomorrow, and now I want to sleep!
- You idiot, take off your shoes! - said the wife and went to the kitchen.
Lomov threw off his shoes with difficulty and went into the bedroom and, without undressing, collapsed onto the bed.
* * *
He dreamed of some nonsense: Margarita Nikolaevna, completely naked, in only shoes, walked around the office, scolded negligent employees, gave valuable instructions. The subordinates listened to her with a serious look and nodded their heads. And only one Arthur could hardly contain the laughter. But when the naked headmistress began to teach the electrician how to properly install the outlet, Lomov could not stand it and literally neighed out loud.
- Lomov, what's the matter with you? - Margarita Nikolaevna asked sternly, - Did I say something funny? By the way, how are you going to compensate for the colossal loss that you caused the company with your mistakes in the report? Do you have a million dollars?
- I have? – Surprised Arthur – Where?
- Then we could cut off your hand! - Suggested Margarita Nikolaevna, - Although wait! Say, are you drinking?
- It's good that you don't drink, and then we'll take your liver. Or not, better a kidney, because you have two of them!
And then Arthur saw a huge kitchen knife flash in the headmistress's hand. He realized that it was time to run, but his legs suddenly became wobbly and he could not budge...
* * *
Waking up the next morning with a sore head, Arthur first tried to understand why he felt so bad? Obviously, because he got drunk yesterday - that's clear. He strained his brain, and he managed to remember the scandal arranged by the headmistress, as well as the promise to fire him. After such it was a sin not to get drunk! But where? He didn't remember this.
However, there was no time to think, he was already late for work. Taking a sip of cold tea from a cup standing on the table, he quickly dressed and rushed out into the street.
* * *
Despite all the efforts, Lomov was still late for work. As soon as he sat down at his desk and turned on the computer, the secretary called and said that Margarita Nikolaevna urgently wanted to see him. His heart immediately felt ugly and cold.
Arthur honestly tried, following Chekhov, to squeeze a slave out of himself, drop by drop, but somehow it didn’t work out very well. He could convince himself as much as he wanted that the worst thing this woman could do to him was to fire him. Only and everything! But after all, he has arms, legs and a head on his shoulders; he will not die of hunger. But as soon as he was in the director's office, all logical arguments instantly evaporated, and only one animal inexplicable irrational fear remained. That vile, shrill voice pulled things out of the depths of his subconscious that he didn't even know existed. He literally physically felt how he began to decrease in size.
Even now, standing in front of the huge director's desk, like a delinquent schoolboy, he could not get rid of the feeling of his own insignificance.
“Not only are you unable to write an elementary report,” Margarita Nikolaevna’s voice boomed in his ears, “you are also late!” What do you not like about your work? Or do you want to be reduced?
Lomov suddenly imagined that he really was reduced, and at the same moment he saw how all the items in the director's office, including the hostess, began to grow rapidly. He did not immediately guess that in fact no one and nothing is growing, and that he himself is decreasing in size.
- Arthur Valentinovich, what are you doing? – Finally noticed the strange metamorphoses headmistress, - Immediately stop, I order you!
But Lomov was no longer able to stop anything. He was already looking at the edge of the director's table from the bottom up, and after a couple of seconds he realized that his height did not exceed the height of a woman's shoe.
- Rat! - Margarita Nikolaevna suddenly squealed and jumped onto the table with unexpected agility, - Lena, come here soon!
Whistling a few centimeters from his temple, the massive crystal ashtray hit the carpet with a dull thud, and Arthur realized that any delay could cost him his life. With all his might, he rushed under the closet, and a mobile phone and a few obscene words flew after him.
- Where is the rat, Margarita Nikolaevna? - asked the secretary, who came running to the cry.
- She hid under the closet! Call the guard as soon as possible, the closet must be urgently moved away before she runs away!
Realizing that he could not hide here, Arthur began to look for a way out and soon discovered a gap between the plinth and the wall. With difficulty, squeezing through a narrow opening, he found himself in a pier between the main wall and the plasterboard panels with which the office was sheathed. Only now did he feel relatively safe and tried to analyze the situation.
First, he realized that not only had he shrunk in size, but even worse, he had turned into a rat (he never liked rats). This followed not only from the screams of the headmistress (she could call her subordinate and not that way!) but mainly from the long bare tail dragging after him.
And only then Arthur remembered yesterday's visit to the pub and dubious type who called himself God.
It must be said that yesterday he treated his random drinking companion rather lightly, but now, under the pressure of circumstances, he was forced to admit that the impostor was far from being as simple as it seemed to him at first glance. Of course, he is no God, that's clear. But who? For some reason I didn't want to think about it.
Meanwhile, a security guard came and pushed the closet away. They searched for Arthur for a long time and unsuccessfully, but found only a gap in the wall.
- She probably climbed into this hole, - said the guard, - now you can’t smoke her out of there! Or you order to break the wall?
Then the supply manager and some other people came, made noise, moved the furniture.
This bustle tired Lomov, and he dozed off, and when he woke up, there was dead silence. Obviously, the working day has already ended and everyone has gone home. He was terribly hungry, however, not surprising, because he had not eaten anything since yesterday. And then his nostrils caught a delicious smell, it came from the director's office, seeped through the cracks in the wall, penetrated into the brain and caused painful salivation.
Overcoming fear, Lomov cautiously crawled out of hiding and, sniffing the air, moved in the direction of the source of the seductive aroma. Very soon he realized that the smell was coming from the drawer. Using the wires leading to the monitor, he deftly climbed onto the table, but the drawer was closed, and Arthur's weak rat paws were simply unable to pull it out. Luckily, there was a pencil on the table, he pushed it through the slot and, acting as a lever, opened the drawer rather quickly. To his disappointment, he found there only a pile of useless papers and a thick stack of five thousandth bills tied with an elastic band. The impostor did not deceive, now Lomov's money was not at all interested, out of annoyance he even shit on them, but this only increased the hunger.
“Did the devil pull me to ask this idiot for a million dollars?! - he thought, listening to the hungry cramps in his stomach - And yet, where does this smell come from? How can money smell so delicious!”
He rummaged through the entire drawer filled with stupid papers and finally found in the very corner under some kind of contract a small moldy piece of cheese. Well, yes, of course, it was cheese, only he could emit such an attractive aroma.
Arthur ate it in a couple of seconds and of course he didn’t sated a drop. Unable to resist, he even began to gnaw at the contract, soaked with a cheese smell.
- Are you eating contracts? Look, you will earn an ulcer! - Arthur heard a sly voice behind him and turned around. On the edge of the table sat a small but rather pretty white rat.
- Hello! My name is Larisa, - the rat introduced herself, - And you are Arthur from the sales department!
- Exactly, but how do you know me?
- Yes, I used to work in the logistics department; I was fired six months ago.
- Larisa from logistics? I remember you! - Arthur was delighted, - Such a pretty blonde, you still always wore very short skirts, our men just twisted their necks when you walked down the corridor.
- That's why I was fired.
- Wait, are you, too, like I used to be a human?
- All rats were once people, - Larisa remarked philosophically, - but fear turns a person into an animal.
- What kind of nonsense? - Arthur was skeptical.
- No nonsense. British scientists conducted research and came to the conclusion that over the past 40 years, the IQ in rats has increased by 10 points! And at the same time in all rats living in different parts of the globe.
- And what? Rats live next to people and learn all sorts of tricky things from them!
- Let's admit it. Do you know how many people disappear without a trace every year in our country? 80 thousand! A man went out to the nearest store for bread and did not return!
- Do you think they all turn into rats?
- Maybe not all, but many. We have become!
It was difficult to object to such an argument, and Arthur remained silent.
- What are we all talking about? - said Larisa, - you're probably hungry? Come on, I've got something from the New Year's banquet.
Larisa led Arthur to her hole, where a sumptuous dinner was waiting for them: there were half-eaten sandwiches with boiled pork and smoked sausage, and assorted fish, and of course cheese, a lot of cheese.
Satisfying his hunger, Arthur took a closer look at Larisa and suddenly realized that he liked her. And even her long bare tail now did not cause disgust, but rather seemed piquant. And what a wonderful smell emanated from her small, but such a dexterous little body!
Unable to resist the call of the flesh, he approached her from behind and put his paws on her shoulders.
* * *
- Darling! Do you want us to have little rats? - Larisa asked a few minutes later, snuggling comfortably on Lomov's shoulder.
- What? What other rats? Arthur didn't understand.
- Well, how? We didn't protect ourselves! And I am very prolific, in the last litter I brought twelve rats!
- Oh my God! Lomov groaned, “But you can’t do it somehow so that ... well, you understand!”
- Don't you want us to have little rats?
- No, you misunderstood me, that's not the point! It's just all of a sudden...
- What is unexpected? If you don't want little rats, say so!
- It's not that I don't want little rats. You see, this happened to you a long time ago, and in six months you have probably turned into a real rat, you feel like a rat and think like a rat. And I was still a human this morning...
- You were office plankton! - Larisa reminded.
- Okay, so be it! But I walked on two legs, wore a blue suit, a striped tie, and drank Gösser beer.
- You can get beer in the garbage dump, - Larisa suggested, - Sometimes unfinished bottles are thrown there.
- I don't want beer from the dump, damn it! - Arthur got angry, - And I don't want to be a rat! Why on earth should I be a rat? Why, Lord? There are so many real scums around: thieves, robbers, murderers, rapists, child molesters! Well, why me?!
“You and I seem to have such karma,” Larisa sighed sadly, “never mind. Let's sleep better, and tomorrow we'll go to the garbage heap and find you a Gösser beer.
* * *
Lomov fell asleep and had a wonderful dream. In this dream, he was human again.
He was lying in a small bright room on a clean sheet, covered up to his chin with a striped woolen blanket. The gentle spring sun shone through the window, and the soul was light and calm.
He thought that, perhaps, he should go to wash and already threw back the covers, but at that moment voices and noise were heard outside the door. Arthur returned the blanket to its place and pretended to be asleep.
People entered the room, through narrowed eyelids Lomov could only see through the legs and the skirts of white coats.
- But Semyon Arkadyevich, pay attention, a very interesting case! - said the first rather pleasant male voice, - Sick Lomov, he entered yesterday. Hypomanic arousal in an acute form, convinced that he is a rat. When the team arrived, he rushed around the director's office, biting, scratching, trying to hide under the closet, barely managed to calm him down. He was injected with 4 cubes of chlorpromazine. When he wakes up, for some time he will adequately perceive the surrounding reality, but after a few hours the effect of the drug will end.
- Very good! - Answered the second voice, - continue aminazin, add more phenazepam and electroconvulsive therapy. Who's next for us?
- Maklakov, Delirium tremens, entered three days ago...
The voices began to fade, the dream gradually melted away and Lomov found himself again lying in the rat hole. A white rat sat next to him and somehow strangely (with tenderness?) looked at him.
- Larisa? You? - He asked, looking at the animal.
- Well, yes, Larisa, who else?
- You know Larisa, I had such a strange dream here! - Lomov yawned, unable to restrain himself, - As if I had become a man again, I was lying in a clean, bright room, some people in white coats were coming and saying something. It seems like I got sick, I'm in the hospital, and they treat me.
- I, too, at first dreamed of something similar, but then everything went away, - Larisa reassured him, - And it will pass for you too!
- I do not want will pass! Vice versa. Understand - I do not want to be a rat, sleep in this stinking hole, and eat garbage! I want to be human!
- Unfortunately, this is a one-way street.
- In what sense?
- I asked to other rats. There has never been such a case that a rat became a man.
- And what, there is no hope?
- To be honest, not the slightest. Okay, stop talking, let's go have breakfast in the trash, otherwise yesterday we ate up all the supplies!
- I won't go, - Arthur answered and lay down, resting his head on his front paws.
- Okay, lie down. Then I'll bring you something delicious. Do you want rotten herring intestines?
"Then what do you want I to bring?"
- I do not want anything.
- You can't do that, Arthur. If you don't eat, you'll get sick and soon die!
- That's good, everything is better than this life!
- You know, Arthur, I used to think so too, but then I realized one very simple thing: since we exist as outcasts ...
- Outcasts? Lomov asked.
- Well, yes - rats, cockroaches, crickets and others ... So, since we are exist, then someone needs it!
- To whom? To office plankton? So that they look at us and rejoice that it is not they who have to rummage through the garbage in search of rotten herring intestines?
- Well, yes, at least. And don't forget that at any moment they themselves can be in our place!
- I don't want to be a scarecrow for these one-celled!
- And what do you want?
- Don't know. I don't want to live, that's what!
- We must be careful with desires, - Larisa warned, - they tend to come true!
- Well, let! I want to die and the sooner the better!
- Bad deed is not tricky. There are thousands of ways: you can deliberately climb into a mousetrap, or, for example, go out into the yard in the evening and shout: “Cats are motherfuckers!”
- Faggots! Cretins! Jerks! - Heard the cries of Margarita Nikolaevna from behind the wall, - I will fire you all; you will eat rotten meat in my garbage dump! I told you yesterday to catch a rat! Not only did this bastard gobble up a million dollar contract, but he also pissed off my money!
“Money can be laundered,” the financial director advised timidly, “now many do it!
- Here you take Mark Antonovich and launder this money as you want! And you, Igor Ivanovich, as the head of the security department, urgently take care of the rat! And so that by tomorrow morning I could see her corpse!
- Then I went for mousetraps? Igor Ivanovich asked.
- Go, do something already! Do not stand like idols!
* * *
Arthur not only did not go with Larisa to the trash, but did not even touch the delicacies that she brought him. He spent the whole day lying in the hole, with his head on his paws and staring dully in front of him.
But by evening, when there was no food left, hunger began to make itself felt. Thoughts of suicide disappeared somewhere; he wanted cheese, ham, grain, and most importantly more and more. At first he endured, trying to hide his cowardice, but then he could not stand it.
- Listen Laris, and there you have nothing left to gnaw? - he asked.
- No, I finished everything, you refused! - Answered Larisa, - But I think it's time to visit our headmistress's office. The working day is already over; no one will interfere with us.
Four mousetraps were waiting for them in the office, richly stuffed with cheese, sausage and even lard.
- Give me a pencil! Larisa asked.
Arthur climbed onto the table and brought a pencil. Larisa put it in a mousetrap and it snapped shut, breaking the back of the pencil.
- Well, now you can safely eat cheese! - She said.
While Larisa was fiddling with the next mousetrap, Lomov decided to look for food on his own, and very quickly found a saucer of flour in the corner behind the bedside table. True, the smell of flour was a little strange, but the hunger was so strong that he did not become picky.
- You're so funny! - Larisa giggled when she saw Arthur, - you have a white mustache, and the whole muzzle!
- Yes, I'm here ... I found flour ... - Lomov muttered and began to embarrassedly rub his muzzle with varnishes.
- Wait, are you eating flour? Larisa asked, and her gaze was filled with genuine horror.
- Yes, what wrong? - Arthur spoke slowly, involuntarily infected by her fear.
- I knew it! You could not be left alone for a second; you are like a small child! It's my entire fault!
- Wait a minute, explain plainly what happened?
- There is such an old way of killing rats and mice. Flour is mixed with alabaster and placed in a conspicuous place. Now you will be thirsty, the alabaster will mix with the water, the solution will immediately seize, and you will die a slow and painful death.
- What if you don't drink?
- Then you will die of dehydration. Not a very pleasant ending either.
Wait, you must be wrong! Maybe there was no alabaster in that flour? 'Cause I can't die, I'm so young!
- Okay, let's go; let's look at your flour! - Larissa sighed.
Lomov showed her the saucer; the rat carefully sniffed it and confidently sentenced:
- The smell of alabaster!
- And what will happen now?
- Now you're going begin to die!
- No, it can't be! After all, I have not even begun to truly live, only I was going to! And most importantly - for what?
- I don’t understand where all of a sudden such a thirst for life comes from? Just a few hours ago, you yourself wanted to die!
- I was a fool! And now I understand everything, I want to live! Live by anyone: a blind mole, a cockroach, a worm.
- Whoever you are, sooner or later you would still have to die. Or did you think you'd live forever?
- No, of course, - Arthur was embarrassed, - I just didn't expect everything to happen so quickly and ridiculously. I am not ready!
- Well, get ready, you still have time! I told you - you will go to die for a long time.
- Wait, Laris, it seems it has begun!
- What started?
- Well, what were you talking about. There is something going on inside of me. It feels like... I don't know what to say. It seems like everything is starting to turn to stone!
- I knew it! Well, go to look for your last shelter!
- What other shelter?
- The rat, when it feels that its end is near, leaves its relatives, looks for a secluded place and hides there.
- For what?
- Such is the law - everyone dies alone!
But I don't want to die alone! In fact, I just don't want to die! However, I think I've already said that.
- Of course he did! Come on; crawl away faster while you can still move your paws!
* * *
Arthur wandered for a long time through some basement passageways, crawled into holes, but could not find a quiet place anywhere. There was a rat smell everywhere, or even worse, a cat smell. Finally, he managed to find a seemingly suitable hole, he lay down on a pile of dirty rags, but as soon as he closed his eyes, some devils appeared and dragged him to hell.
"Put me down," he shouted, "I don't want to go to hell! For what? I didn't do anything wrong!"
In response, the devils grinned and were talking among themselves in an incomprehensible language. And when he began to struggle, they twisted his hands (now he had hands!) Behind his back.
But the worst began when they arrived at the place. The devils put a funnel down Arthur's throat and began pouring molten lead into him. However, maybe it was not lead, but silver, platinum, or some other white metal.
Then he vomited with this liquid metal, and then the funnel was inserted again, and everything started all over again. But this was not enough for the devils, and they began to pour the same metal into it only from the other side. His insides were swollen, and it seemed that they were about to burst. Unable to bear the torment, Arthur passed out.
And when he came to himself, he saw a girlish face of angelic beauty bending over him. And suddenly this angelic face approached him and dug into his lips with a passionate kiss.
"Maybe I'm in heaven!" thought Arthur.
- Stop overworking, Lariska, don't you see, he's already recovered! - A rather unpleasant female voice came from somewhere above.
Larisa pulled away and spat.
“I thought he would never recover!” she said, wiping her lips with the back of her hand.
- Where I am? Arthur asked, looking around.
- Where, where, in Karaganda! - Answered the second girl and rolled up with a cheerful laugh, - You better tell us fool, why did you eat cement?
- Cement? So it was cement? – Delighted Arthur, - Definitely not alabaster?
- We have Tajiks doing repairs, - the girl explained, - there are bags of cement in the corridor, so you ate straight from the bag. Dzhamshut came running, complaining, if your patients eat our cement, how can we repair? You had to do a gastric lavage, and out of habit you almost go to hell! Well, Lariska noticed in time, you can say, she saved your life!
The nurses left (he guessed that they were nurses in white caps and gowns) and Lomov began to inspect the room. On the wall, framed under glass, he noticed a rather strange document. Arthur got out of bed, walked over and began to read.
“A reminder to the new arrivals.
Eight levels of hell.
- Arbuda-naraka - hell of blisters. On a dark frozen valley, surrounded by cold mountains, there is a constant blizzard and snow storm. The inhabitants of this hell are naked and lonely, and their bodies are covered with blisters from the cold. The time spent in this hell is how long it will take to empty a barrel of sesame seeds, if one grain is taken every hundred years.
- Nirarbuda-naraka - the hell of swelling blisters. This hell is even colder and the blisters swell and explode, leaving the bodies covered in blood and pus.
- Atata-naraka - hell when shaking from the cold.
- Hahava-naraka - the hell of weeping and groaning. When the victim moans from the cold.
- Huhuva-naraka - the hell of chattering teeth. Terrible chills and chattering of teeth.
- Utpala-naraka - the hell of the blue lotus, when the constant cold makes the whole skin turn blue like a lily.
- Padma-naraka - lotus hell. A snowstorm covers the frozen body, leaving bloody wounds.
- Mahapadma-naraka - the great lotus hell. The whole body cracks from the cold, and the internal organs also crack from the terrible frost.
Staying in each next level is 20 times longer than in the previous one.
What awaits the unfortunate then Lomov did not have time to find out - a doctor entered the ward. He felt his pulse, pulled his eyelids back, examined his tongue.
- Well, the patient, I see - your condition has stabilized, it's time for the procedures! - He said in a cheerful voice.
- What other procedures? Arthur asked suspiciously.
- Shock cryotherapy.
- What is this? Never heard of such a thing!
- No wonder, this is my own technique. It consists in the following: the patient is stripped naked and placed in a special chamber, cooled to an extremely low temperature...
- Wait, I can't be frozen, I can't stand the cold! My skin is covered with pimples and starts to beat like a fever!
- Get used to, a person gets used to everything. Moreover, you have eternity ahead of you!
Are you a doctor; are you out of your mind? What the hell is eternity? Are you going to freeze me forever? My heart can't take it, I'll just die!
- It's you who are crazy, - the doctor objected, - and now we will treat you!
- Do not treat me, doctor! Yes, I admit, I was sick, but now I am cured. Believe me, I'm healthy! I adequately perceive the reality around me! For God's sake, let me go!
- Would a healthy person eat cement? - The doctor grinned sarcastically.
The orderlies appeared - Lomov recognized in them the very devils who poured liquid metal into him.
They blindfolded the patient and led him through the endless hospital corridors. Then he was taken for a long time in an elevator, as it seemed to him down, and then again there were corridors.
* * *
- I can't be frozen, - just in case, Arthur warned, when the orderlies suddenly began to pull off his clothes, - I'm allergic to cold. I will die immediately!
- Not anymore! - The orderly assured, continuing to undress Lomov.
- In what sense? - Arthur didn't understand.
- In direct! You probably think you're in a psych ward?
- Yes of course! Where else can they bully people like that?
- Wow, "above the people"! - The orderly chuckled, - But just a few hours ago you considered yourself a rat!
- I was wrong! But now that I have realized my delusions, there is no need to keep me in your terrible hospital!
- I told you, this is not a hospital for you!
- What then?
- The ancient Greeks called this place Hades, the Muslims Sakar, the Buddhists - Naraka, the Christians - underworld or just Hell. Atheists believe that there is no such place at all. Remember that jerk on the tinted nine?
- Wait, what do you want to say? But I managed to jump back!
- As you can see, you didn’t have time! - The orderly grunted sarcastically, - You died before the arrival of the ambulance!
- How did I die? Wait, I'm… - Arthur tried to object, but suddenly he realized that he was talking to himself.
He tore off the bandage from his eyes and saw that he was standing completely alone, naked in the middle of an endless snowy plain, and the icy wind was beating his face, tearing tears from his eyes, which immediately hardened, turning into ice.
There was no strength to stand still, and he went at random, trembling all over and falling into the snow almost up to his knees...
Im in phone , formating ~= weird , and english is my second language.
Like ... where do i begin?
In The pandemic i(amab 20) was super depressed cuz i couldnt see my friends was studying an online course that i hated while doing college and working for free with my dad, i felt guilty to even to out to buy bread for everyone cuz if i caught covid i could infect everyone, thus i just didnt go out and lost friendships, and my mental health too a dip and started questioning stuff, like how mom never NEVER gave a serious apology unless it made me feel bad and trauma bonded, like when I kept saying i couldnt do all the stuff i needed to do, cuz adhd stress and autism, she kept saying YOU HAVE TO DO IT YOU CAN DO IT , and when i trully tried and got Max grades she said "you only did your obligation... I I MEAN good job my son keep doing it(in a falsa você of compasion) then i focused only in college and forgot the rest, she complained but eventualy said i should focus on college instead of the course, i was happy cuz i could sleep, then she dug trough my stuff and found what she didnt like, a skirt , it helped me to calm down , she screamed at me asked if i wanted to be raped and beaten to a pulp, how she needed a man, and that i should trow it out, all while i was crying, 2 days later she trew it out... after a little while i tried to understand her side and try tô speak... i said i was depressed and felt Hurt even suicidal cuz of the stuff she did and said... i didnt like being called a pervert while she dug trough MY STUFF . She said i was distorting her words and that she should think abt HER FEELINGS. CUZ SHE FELT BAD AND I SHOULD JUST BE HAPPY!!!! CUZ SHE WAS DOING EVERYTHING FOR ME UNLESS ITD BEING EMPATHETIC!!!!! needless tô say i became even more depressed , she kept asking me what was wrong cuz Nothing should be... all she does is complain , when i try tô have a conversation she will scream or just... not listei? Like "hey mom you taught me how to Cook clean the house wash clothes só i would survive Alone.... idk if well but i would survive...." she started to laugh..." mom i cant help cuz i need to study" , "BUT YOU ONLY STAY IN YOUR COMPUTER!!" YES I SO COMPUTER ENGENIEERING!!! ALSO you made me chose a other college de degree 3 times cuz you didnt want to let me chose, só i chose the best option with half a sholarship, she still complains cuz instead of repaying the loans my dad forgot to pay directly to the school with no intrest in 10 months you chose to get a Bank loan and pay ir all in one go and send the Bill to dad. Also HIM AAAAAA IF I AM LESS THAN 100% COMPLIANT I AM WRONG ANS SHUT UP , THEYRE IN THEIR 50S AND HE STILL SCREAMS CUZ SOMEONE DIDNT SEND THE RIGHT DOCUMENTS ON TIME EVEN THO WE HAVE 2 HOURS LEFT AND WE CAN ASK AND WAIT OR SO THE CONTRACT OURSELVES, AND YES I WANNA SHAVE CUZ IT ITCHES AND THE DOCTOR SAID I SHOULD, BOTH OF THEM PROHIBITED ME OF WEARING NON WHITE SOCKS, CERTAIN SHOES , ME WALKING WITH MY HAIR UNTIED, ETC AND IF I DISAGREE ON AN OPINION I AM THE ANTICHRIST, no i dont think main media is comunist... nor gay or black ppl being the devil incarnate also the clasic "im not racist cuz black is a color not race but those damn BLACKS!!!" , " im not against the gays , but i dont wanna see 2 dudes kissing and holding hands in The street." I ... idk what to feel... when i talk with the rest of the family they say to not abandon them.... but i just want out... i dont wanna comfort my mom cuz she drank a wine bottle and keeps asking for us not to leve her in a retirement home , or how "you chose to be my son só if im a bad mother its your fault" cuz she belives that... i even ofered to pay for therapy for her, she said she didnt had the money and asked if i tought she was crazy...after braging on how much she spends on shoes. She has a hair saloon that dad is paying for and rent and remodeling and she still says that He doesnt care abt us. While He makes breakfest for everyone every day at 6 AM, also she forces me to go to an expensive clothing shop every 3 months or só tô buy 600 bucks of clothes that i dont want, when i complain that its my montly part time job salary she says i am a cheapskate... i...idk what tô feel ya know? Also its in brazil.
And i have a lot more stuff to say but its already a text wall. : p thanks for reading my rambling
My dad is very easily influenced by other people (his friends and family) as a result he didn’t contribute to my education after my 1st year in college. His family suggested he save his money for my marriage and he probably listened to them. My mom although she is a housewife arranged for my education money from her parents and brought me up. I am paying for my brother’s college. My father has zero contribution in any housework. He had mentioned that he wants me to do a registry marriage if I marry because he has no money to contribute to my marriage (I thought he didn’t contribute to my studies because he was saving for this!!!) Once I had pox my mom called him to come back home and he didn’t. And as he is nearing retirement now,wants to come back home as if nothing has happened and be involved.
He behaves as if he has no knowledge of the things he did and the trauma that we faced. When I was in class 6 I had to pay my school fees from my puja savings(money I received from my childhood in pujas) as well as our electricity bills because he just stopped sending money as he felt he didn’t have enough.
The major reason I broke up with my Ex is he kept wanting to meet my Dad. He didn’t understand why I wouldn’t receive my Dad’s calls. It was also partly my fault that I never mentioned the actual problems.
I am ashamed to mention this to anyone as I don’t think anyone’s responsibility as parents end by just giving birth.
His work is in some other city. His monthly earning is 2.5 Lakhs. He is supposed to send us money every month for my mom and my brothers education around 20K, as we live in a Tier 1 city.
Meanwhile he has paid for my cousin’s education and is very proud of her achievements which makes my mother annoyed. I have become numb to his words. I expect nothing. My mom is still very hurt by his words, very maternal and sensitive. I am scared to get married because who will look after her if I move away. My brother has seen all these trauma firsthand and still refuses to study and lessen my mom’s stress. I am nearing 30s now and my mom wants me to have a life get married so that I have someone who would take care of me. If such a sensible pretty and caring woman can have a man who still doesn’t pays for monthly sustenance and stops payment whenever he wants. I can’t think of stopping my job or having kids who would have to ho through what I went through. Questions that bug me — 1. Why does my mom gets affected by his words still? Is it expectations? 2. Why has my brother stopped studying at all after seeing all this firsthand? Shouldn’t his reaction be the same as me - to not depend on my dad financially? 3. My mom refused to take my money this month when my dad didn’t pay. What is wrong in me contributing to my family? Isn’t that something children are supposed to do? 4. Why is my dad so excited about my cousins studies and marriage? Aren’t you supposed to look after your own kids first? 5. Why suggest registry marriage if I am willing to pay for my own wedding? (I just asked him to pay for gold because he said he saved for it. Now he says the money isn’t liquid) 6. I literally don’t want to involve anyone from my parents side in my wedding but in AM that would be a red flag. But how am I responsible for someone else’s behaviour? 7. I got a job offer in Canada last year and it was a huge pay increment. However I cannot payback my mom’s kindness and sacrifices. I cannot think about going anywhere without a plan so I declined it. But now I feel I am losing my potential. I think I want to move out and get more experiences but my brother isn’t willing to do his anything for home like going with my mom for her health checkups, etc. Sometimes it feels very lonely but I don’t want to explain about my family to anyone. I have maintained a good cover over almost 2 decades.
Both my brother and father have anger and violent tendencies, so we don’t say much. He had beat my mom once or twice when I was young. And my brother still charges towards us if we talk to him about doing something in his life. He isn’t bad like he is a good guy but he has no responsibility towards himself.
He comes home and talks about the son/daughters of his colleagues going outside. I just listen silently.
I would have left everything behind if not for my mom who is too simple and has no support other than me.
I have started praying to God again, just to show me some light.
Bought the game over 6-7 month ago on some sale event. Tried to play it and got a bit bored, left it off with about 5 or 6 hr in. Started playing the game on Saturday night and in about first 2 hr got into Iron Mike's Camp. And got hooked immediately. Aside from how insanely good the game looks graphically, the characters and voice acting starts to come together in a very good way. I spent most of the Sunday just playing the game, and it was a long time since I was that immersed. I even stayed up late last night just to avenge the camp and defeat Carlos. Now I am at work, sleep deprived..
I have a 2011 Kia forte EX. bought it brand new, it has just over 200k on it. It has been sitting for 3 years on my driveway and has not moved once in 3 years. It does not start, the battery is shot but will probably need more work done. similar car's with similar mileage (but working) in my area are selling for $5-6k. am I better off fixing the car or scrapping it and buying something different? I am not a car person, I want something that can get me to work and wont cost a lot. This car has never had an issue before and worked perfect until it had to sit. not sure what would be needed after 3 years of sitting.
Just looking for opinions as I would need to have it toed to a mechanic.
I'm 24, 175 pounds.
About two hours ago I was just playing No man's sky, while wearing over ear headphones, when I suddenly noticed my left ear felt lots of pressure and sound was muffled quite a bit. At first there was no ringing or anything other than the pressure and sound loss, but about twenty minutes later I started to hear loud hissing, up until about 30 minutes ago it has turned into a very loud high pitched ring. Currently I'm only experiencing the ring, with slight pressure in my left ear only, no increased dizziness or nausea.
I don't think my sound from the game would have been loud enough to cause something like this, even the loudest things in-game wouldn't be loud enough that I'd want to take my headphones off.
I have been having off and on ear ringing that lasts about 20-30 minutes at most for about 5+ years so far, but nothing this extreme, and usually never with pressure. Though, for about six months I've been experiencing dizziness and nausea at irregular intervals that can last between 1 day and two weeks, but this never occurs with the ear ringing and pressure. I'm thinking I may have an inner ear infection that has been lingering for too long if that's even possible.
I do have a little camera I use to look inside my ear for earwax in case I need to use debrox or something for impacted ear wax, but this doesn't seem to be the case . I can use the camera to take a picture of the affected ear if anyone has suspicions and needs a photo of my ear drum.
Sorry for the wall of text, just very unsure if I should just wait this out or if it's something concerning enough to head to the ER ( I'm unable to visit a doctor or visit a walk in clinic at the moment due to financial limitations )
(Reposting for different title) This is a very long post, so bear with me.
The Legend of Zelda timeline doesn’t make sense. Thanks to voice lines from every single sage, we know that the flashbacks take place during the Imprisoning War, which takes place in the Fallen Timeline of the franchise. The earlier flashbacks closely echo some of the events of Ocarina of Time, with the introduction of Ganondorf and Zelda taking the place of link in warning the king and queen of Ganondorf’s ill intentions. It sort of makes sense, since there doesn’t appear to be a Link/someone possessing the Spirit of the Hero in this era. However, this cannot possibly be the Imprisoning War, since Rauru said that he and Sonia were the first king and queen of Hyrule. That would mean that the flashbacks take place long before the events of The Minish Cap, possibly thousands of years before OoT. Furthermore, the Rito are fully fledged beings, and yet they don’t appear to exist until the events of Wind Waker, which is an alternate timeline – the Adult Timeline. From several games in the Fallen timeline, the Zora are shown to be nothing more than mindless monsters, such as in A Link Between Worlds, and yet in OoT, they are fully sentient beings.
I think I know a way to explain almost everything I mentioned above. Breath of the Wild seems to bridge all three alternate timelines: there are sentient Zora, fully fledged Rito, the Imprisoning War, etc. and several millennia have passed between BotW and the earlier games. But there’s more. I believe that the change from sentient Zora to mindless monsters happened due to the carnage of the Imprisoning War. I think it’s possible that the War resulted in the loss of Zora leadership, leading to the apparent “savagery” (for lack of better words) in the Zora in the Fallen Timeline. In the book, The Lord of the Flies, a large group of schoolboys find themselves alone on an island with no adults. Over the course of the book, they become less ‘civilised’, more barbaric and ‘savage’. I believe this could be an explanation for what happened to the Zora. It’s not a perfect explanation, but, at least to me, it works. What isn’t quite explainable, however, is how the Imprisoning War could occur during the reign of the first Hyrulian Royal family, or how the Rito could exist that far back in the timeline. How could these three ‘things’ exist simultaneously?
Well, dear Redditiors, Zelda fans and theorists, I would like to propose to you that they can exist simultaneously. In the Twilight Princess, you can find a carving which appears to depict the Rito. But how could that be? Surely the Rito didn’t exist in this timeline? In this section in the timeline, yes, but what about earlier? Much, much earlier. What if, now hear me out, what if the Rito, as we know, love, and hate them, already existed? How did they did they disappear so soon after founding of the Kingdom of Hyrule and before The Minish Cap? Well, if in just a few centuries, the Kokiri can evolve/change/mutate into the Koroks and the Zora into the Rito, why couldn’t the Rito themselves evolve/change/mutate following the Imprisoning War? If you’re wondering how that could possibly be the case, when the Rito have never featured in the Fallen Timeline, I’m here to tell you that I’m not talking about that Imprisoning War. I’m taking about a different one.
I believe that the Imprisoning War that featured in TotK and the one in the Fallen Timeline are, in fact, two separate events. I believe that the Imprisoning War in TotK was the First Imprisoning War. If you’re wondering how that’s possible when the villain is so clearly Ganondorf, who was first introduced in OoT, well, why couldn’t it be a different Gerudo male called Ganondorf? In BotW, Urbosa said that a Gerudo male once took the form of Ganon. It makes sense that she would be referring to OoT Ganondorf. If it happened more than once, surely, she would have said so? Not really, no. Remember, more than 10,000 years have passed between games. History can become lost to time. Let’s take another look at the glyph depicting two dragons, each consuming the other’s tail. It looks identical to the symbol of an Ouroboros Cycle – a continuous cycle of events. But here’s the thing, there are two dragons, not one. It’s possible this refers to more than one continuous cycle. There’s the cycle born from the Demon King’s Curse, but there’s more. Shortly after the founding of Hyrule, Ganondorf is sealed away in the Imprisoning War, 10,000 years later is the First Great Calamity. 10,000 years after that is the Second Great Calamity. 20,000 years before TotK, the Rito existed, then they disappeared. Several thousand years later, they reappeared. Ganondorf rose to power and was defeated in a war, thousands of years later, in OoT a Ganondorf rose again, and was defeated, again. Here’s what I believe happened. In the early years of the kingdom of Hyrule’s founding, the Rito, as we know them in BotW, existed, the Zora were sentient, everything was as it was in the flashbacks in Tears of the Kingdom. When the first Ganondorf rose to power and began his war on Hyrule, I believe it’s possible that, knowing the Rito have an advantage with their flight and are skilled archers, a portion of Ganondorf’s resources were spent to nullify the Rito’s advantage as much as possible. As a result, the remaining Rito fled to the rockspires in the middle of Lake Totori – a very defensive position. Also, take a moment to examine Rito Village’s location. It’s in Hebra. Playing as Link, you need cold resistance clothing or food, so you don’t take freeze. For the Gerudo, who lived in the desert, I expect the cold temperatures would’ve been unbearable. Despite this, the Rito sage did not falter and offered his allegiance to Rauru.
Hyrule succeeded in stopping Ganondorf, but it came at a heavy price: both Hyrulian monarchs were dead, and Ganondorf would return. Now, here comes the heavy speculation (mostly hearsay). If the First Imprisoning War echoes the events of the Second, there must have been a Spirit of the Hero. I think the Spirit of the Hero was Rauru. My evidence for which is that Sonia is likely a descendant of Skyward Sword’s Zelda, and there is always some connection between a Zelda – the incarnation/descendent of the goddess Hylia – and her chosen hero (that’s literally about it). But Rauru, possessing the Spirit of the Hero, and Sonia, the blood of the goddess, were killed. (Side note: Rauru and Soina mentioned that Zelda was their direct descendent, but we never see nor hear of them having any children. Nothing important for this theory, just interesting.) As for the Rito, their population was decimated. There were so few of them left, they decided to look outside of Hebra to keep their numbers. As seen from the carvings in Twilight Princess, they may have had some success, with the best results coming from coupling with Hylians (and possibly Zora? (don’t try to think about this too much)), but in the end, it was a fruitless endeavour. Long before the events of The Minish Cap transpired, the last resemblance of the Rito vanished. But for the rest of Hyrule, life moved on. And the Demon Curse continued to harass the Spirit of the Hero and the Princess of Hyrule. (How could the curse persist when Ganondorf was still alive? Even though he was technically still alive, I think he was dead enough that the timeline could move on.)
Fast forward thousands of years into the future to the events of the Ocarina of Time, another Ganondorf was born to the Gerudo, the first Gerudo male born in 100 years. He began another war against Hyrule, ruling the kingdom for seven years before he was defeated by Link and sealed away. In the Adult Timeline, the Hero of Time was returned to the past, so when Ganondorf returned, Hyrule was left without a Hero. The sages sealed Ganondorf away again, in a different Imprisoning War to the one in the Fallen Timeline. The Gods flooded Hyrule, creating the Great Sea, and… the Zora became the Rito? Among the many things that don’t make sense, why water-adept beings evolved to have flight is a mystery, unless, of course, the Zora lived in fresh water and couldn’t tolerate salt water. It always confused me as to why the Rito in WW looked more like Hylians than Zora, even if a few centuries had passed. Furthermore, the Rito only “got their wings” from a dragon scale. I have little evidence for this, other than speculation, but I think it’s likely that the Rito evolved from the Hylians and Zora who had even the faintest of traces of Rito DNA, back from the aftermath of the First Imprisoning War. Remember what King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule said in WW, that the Gods told some people to go to the highest peaks. But why not all of them? That I do not know. Maybe a YouTuber has already covered it.
Nevertheless, over the centuries, the Rito evolved to the ones we know in BotW, the Great Sea drained and Hyrule returned to the surface. People returned to Hyrule and started their civilisation anew. Thousands of years after this, the First Great Calamity occurred. 10,000 years later, the Second Great Calamity. In the months following the Second Great Calamity, Ganondorf was reawakened, as were the sages. The ancestors of the BotW sages appeared to each of their descendants and told them the story of the Imprisoning War. The First Imprisoning War.
The greatest issue in writing this theory was the existence of the Rito in the Imprisoning War. With only the carvings hinting to their existence in the Timeline before the split in OoT in Twilight Princess, the Rito only featured in the Adult Timeline. Is this theory perfect? No, definitely not. But does it work? Somehow, kind of. The Rito must have existed at the founding of the Kingdom of Hyrule, yet they never feature in a game until Wind Waker. We learn that the Rito evolved from the Zora after the gods drowned Hyrule. However, they must have existed at some point prior to Ocarina of Time due to the carvings seen in Twilight Princess, but they weren’t the Rito in WW, BotW or even the flashbacks in TotK. I’m sure I’ve missed many things that support and contradict this theory.
Much of it is just hearsay, but it’s the best I’ve got. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.
I just turned 18, and have been dealt a pretty undesirable hand in life. Both my parents passed away in the last 5 years, and I had to drop out of highschool because of how messed up my life became. But I pushed through and got my GED with near perfect scores. Now I’m at the crossroads of trying to figure out how to start my adult life. I see only two options, and neither are great. I can join the Military, preferably Air Force, and spend the minimum years serving for the benefits and mostly free college. Or I can take out a lot of student loans (I’m poor) and go to college for something that will hopefully pay well enough to cancel the debt fairly quickly. Like software development or something lucrative along those lines.
What advice would you give me on this choice? I’m not leaning towards one or the other, as they both seem fairly bad to me. But maybe one is actually a good choice. What do you think?
In the USA, btw. If that wasn’t obvious from the dilemma of debt or Military service.