Lake lure restaurants nc
2018.09.10 04:55 AbsolutTBomb Sevierville, Tennessee
A subreddit for Sevierville, Tennessee
2023.06.09 02:40 Goblin-Bard- i need help with a bird problem
i have a bird outside that has been, for the past three months, nonstop flying into my window. not enough to hurt itself thankfully but enough to keep me awake from the moment the sun rises until night. it’s been driving me crazy and i’ve tried everything. i’ve tried luring it away with food, i’ve tried shooing it away, i put a fake cat outside the window, i even trapped it in a shoe box and drove it 5 miles to a nearby lake, released it and it still came back. and yes i can tell it’s the same exact bird, the window it flys into is a tinted window so i’ve seen every angel of this avian friend. i’m trying my hardest not to resort to violence but i just can’t handle it anymore. please someone help
submitted by Goblin-Bard-
to Buddhism [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 01:55 jocu11 Ghost animals?
I was trying to do the mission where you have to down a whitetail in Layton lake (specific area) within 30m. I used my caller and lured 3 of them in to less than 10m. When I fired my arrow, I saw the splatter on the deer where I was aiming. It wasn’t an instant down, but when I walked up to the area where I hit the deer, there was no blood trail, or even any tracks from the 3 deer from where they walked in.
I kept searching for a couple minutes, when I checked my map I noticed that there was a dark spot around the area I was so I knew I must have downed the deer. But still, not a single track or blood trail in site. Did I shoot a ghost lol? Has this happened to anyone before?
submitted by jocu11
to theHunter [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 01:17 ohnoimrunningoutofsp Recommendations for somewhat quiet, dog friendly restaurants/patios?
Hi, coming for the weekend and looking for a couple of must try restaurants that allow dogs. We're staying in lake country though, so if any near there that'd be appreciated. But as for Kelowna i have little hobo soup and sandwich?
Looking for somewhat quiet, so not packed, loud music blaring, etc.
And do most of these places not take reservations?
submitted by ohnoimrunningoutofsp
to kelowna [link] [comments]
2023.06.09 01:14 Dismal-Age4966 Apartment/Neighborhood suggestions
Hello, I'm a young professional (24F) and will be working in the Perimeter Park/Lake Crabtree area. I'm looking for recommendations for apartment buildings/neighborhoods.
- Prefer a 2 bedroom and my budget is <$2,000
- Safe area
- Clean apartments with newer kitchen/bathrooms
- Near grocery stores/restaurants (prefer walking distance)
- Within ~20 minute drive to my job
- Good Management
Currently, I've been looking in the Cary/Morrisville areas but they seem to be more family oriented. I've also looked at Brier Creek (heard the traffic sucks though) and Northwest Raleigh. I'd be appreciative of any information!
submitted by Dismal-Age4966
to triangle [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 23:43 2_Blue Flooded History: Enormous NC Lake Hides Multiple Ghost Towns and Legendary Monster
2023.06.08 23:43 Perfect-Roof-7139 $400 Slip or $200 Mooring?
I've been doing a lot of day dreaming of having a second boat, like an old aft cabin, on the ocean in the Carolinas.
My primary boat is on Lake Norman, NC with a $300 slip fee and I juuust can't be paying an Aston Martin's car payment between the two slips... to make it work I need to go cheap. (We go big so they're hard to tow)
Being in charlotte, I could do anything from Wilmington to Savannah, would only use it every few weekends.
The cheapest option I can find is a Mooring field for $200 per month in beaufort, SC.
I've also been able to find basic slips without power in georgetown, SC for about $400.
Both great boating!
Does it make sense in your opinion to pay $200 for a Mooring if a slip can be had for $400? I want to be responsible but it's not like it's astronomically different.
submitted by Perfect-Roof-7139
to boating [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 23:31 Infamous-Advisor6007 Johnny Bryan Hunt estate scandal
| || |
The estate of billionaire trucking mogul Johnny Bryan Hunt was executed about August 2013 in Cleveland County NC. Executrix his daughter Annie Ruth Hunt Browner born in 1942 prior to his marriage to Johnelle Hunt in 1952. Will named Native American & Moroccan 🇲🇦grandson Towery Maurice Burris-Hunt beneficiary of everything all 3+billion in assets. He took the nickname J.B Hunt Jr. In August 2013 City of Shelby Police Dept Chief Jeff Ledford permitted two off duty officers to travel with the heir to NW Arkansas as security liaisons. The heir resided in homes at 612 W Bowen Blvd, Fayetteville, 2369 Ivey Ln Springdale, 23 W Pinnacle Dr Rogers. He was all over NW Arkansas radio talk with law enforcement leaders Rogers Chief James Allen & Springdale Chief Kathy O'Kelly. Also hosting charity events at Lake Fayetteville & Gulley Park. His security Fayetteville Police Dept Sgt N. White & Sgt Tiffany Lindsey. It's on videos submitted by Infamous-Advisor6007 to NWArkansasgossip [link] [comments]
He began opening businesses such as Meez & Mediterranean restaurant 2117 W Martin Luther King Blvd Fayetteville, Chicken 🐔 Ranch LLC, Baptista Yoga 1010 N Park Ave, Fayetteville. While constructing Northgate Plaza Rogers & World Trade Center of Arkansas. He & Johnelle Hunt was introduced on stage at Walmart AMP June 07 2014, he asked the audience of thousands to video him as he told his story & concerns of having his grandfathers assets stolen.
In August 2014 he returned from travels abroad and was forced to file numerous incident reports with NW law enforcement depts detailing ID theft, forgeries financial frauds , corporate malfeasance, embezzlements & extortions. Case forwarded to AG & ARSP who responded by establishing divisional offices in Rogers-Lowell. Director Stan Witt, Scott Russell & Mark Richmond oversaw the case assigned to Cpt Jeffery Drew & CI Mark Hollingsworth. Each attempted to investigate and aid Mr Hunt. However was being met with outside obstacles. Towery left Arkansas for safety concerns. Later sustaining a head injury after being pushed from a Myrtle Beach SC window. It's said his records & documentation was stolen and rewritten. His families names removed from records.
The case was suspended. ARSP Director Stan Witt was demoted. Kathy O'Kelly was forced to resign and Chief James Allen mysteriously died. Edward Snowden leaked this story & false Wikipedia reports involving complained linked to it in 2013-2014
It's reported when the grandson made the mistake of assuming the nickname Johnny Bryan Hunt Jr. A plot was forced to hijack the estate assets.
The Arkansas Freedom of Information Act (“FOIA”), Ark. Code Ann. §§ 25-19-101 to 25-19-109. It's on file with ARSP, Fayetteville Springdale Rogers Heber Springs Police Depts.
2023.06.08 22:43 mbarnes1334 Third time in Italy, first time post-Covid. Seems like something changed
Until my latest trip I’ve always told friends that Italy is my #1 travel destination.
I Went to Italy first in 2017, then 2019, and now in 2023. In 2017 I went to Lake Como, Milan and Venice. In 2019 it was Rome, Florence, Venice, and 2023 was Milan, Cinque Terre, Parma and then around Florence for several days. I just got back yesterday.
My friend and I, who have both been to Italy before noted a change from our last trip and I wanted to know if it was just our experience or if others have experienced it too.
Firstly, drivers were crazier than I’ve ever seen them before. I rented a car all three times I was in Italy, but there was way more close calls this time. The fast lane dead stopped on 3 different occasions. I noticed other people giving me a dead stare as they drove by me multiple times.
When I asked people for advice I noticed a lot more people not enjoying me talking to them.
Restaurants were very negative. I went in a few different restaurants where they seemed very against seating us or having us there. I don’t even remember Riposo being a problem for us the last two times I was there, but this time even asking a restaurant if they were open drew anger.
Have others seen this change on recent trips or did we maybe just have some bad luck?
submitted by mbarnes1334
to ItalyTravel [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 20:18 pncoop Well... In this case, it was my Parents who were the Monsters.....
So… This is a different one – kinda hard because the terrible MIL and FIL are my parents. Let’s back up. This was my and my then-wife’s (now ex) first marriage for both of us. We divorced about five years into our marriage. She is a wonderful person. However, I am a water sign, she is an earth sign – so together we made mud. She is now happily married with beautiful children. As I am. So, no hard feelings. Which surprises me, because my ex was treated like shit by my mum and dad.
To note, I live in Canada. There are Canadian references to this story.
Now my mum and dad, in hindsight, are a handful. They lie, twist facts and blame everyone else. I was raised in this and did not have much ‘outside’ context to compare to. This was my normal. Please – do not judge. I should have, could have and now, today would have said something to stand up for what was right. You think I kid…. Read on.
So, build up to the wedding. I proposed and Tara accepted. I told my mum and dad the next day. The first words were (and I quote): Okay, but we are not paying for anything because if we do, we feel we should have a say in the wedding and we do not want to. It is your wedding. Wow! Now I am not into monetary stuff, but I was brought up in a home that was lower-middle income. Tara was from a fairly wealthy family. To be honest, such early days into our engagement (day one!) I never really thought about the cost. But my expectations for the wedding were small, elegant, and intimate. But (this is important), my parents said to me that they will not pay for anything, because then they get a ‘say’ in the wedding planning. Weird – because really, you could do what my ex’s parents did which was help (about 95%) to pay with 0% influence.
Wedding plans have not been made – but perhaps the event in 6-8 months.
First event: Spring. Parents meet the Parents. My mum and dad are invited to my ex’s parents' for dinner. Very lovely, conservative setting. Large house on an acreage with a lake. Very nice. About 15 minutes into the evening, we are having hors d’oeuvres, my dad says (out of the blue) we will not pay for anything, because if we do, we get a say in the wedding. Wow, okay. Everyone was silent. Then my ex’s parents state they had always intended to pay for the wedding. I was shocked. I had started to save money. But okay. Now dinner time. Future MIL asks me if my family have any food allergies or likes or dislikes. Nope, all good - or so I thought. At the dinner table my mum tells my future MIL that she cannot eat dinner – as she has an asparagus allergy. WHAT! I knew this was a lie. So, my MIL quickly makes a whole new meal for my mum because if asparagus touches anything my mum will be violently ill. OMG. My mum then said she hated the wine. So, 3 new bottles of wine and finally one was okay and would do. The night ended, whatever.
The next day, my mum and dad stated that all my in-laws wanted to do was show off their money. This went on and on.
Second event: Bridal shower. My mum is invited. She tells me that she is giving us a wedding gift. Thus, there is no bridal shower gift. Okay. I tell my fiancé. She is fine with it. Again, we have no expectations and are just thankful for the love and support. Again, my ex is a lovely person. Word from the bridal shower got back to me like: is my mother okay? She seemed upset, etc., etc.
Third event: Bachelor party. I am not a ‘get drunk till your fucked up’ type of person. Nice restaurant, friends, good wine, a glass of great scotch, etc. I wanted my father to join. My best man asked everyone attending the bachelor party to put some money in to pay and he would pay the outstanding balance and tip. My father states – I will not pay anything, because if I do, I get a say in the wedding and bachelor party – which I do not want to have a say in. Okay – awkward. My father then says that there is nothing on the menu he can eat because he has irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Fucking news to me. So, he hums and haws and pouts, to the point it was making a scene in the restaurant. The manager comes over (the manager knows the reasons for the event) and asks my father if he can do anything for him. Top-tier restaurant, mind you. My dad asks if they could bring in some food from ‘Timmy’s’. Now you ask: Timmy’s? Yes, this is a Canadian short form for Tim Hortons – think Star Bucks but shitty. The manager gets my dad’s order for Tim Hortons and has it brought to my dad, on a plate. I gave a $200 tip on top of the generous tip. But lesson learned – so I thought!
Fourth event: Bridal party dinner. A nice restaurant was chosen. I show the menu to my mum and dad prior – just to be sure
. Great, everyone is good. French restaurant. My in-laws are paying because – yes, my mum and dad stated to everyone, including the restaurant staff (the waitress looked at me, and rolled her eyes) that they will not be paying as they do not want a say in the wedding. Fuck! Stop saying this shit already. Well, no, nothing on the menu for my mum and dad to eat. Off the menu, the restaurant made a sandwich and salad for them. My mum orders a bottle of wine and does this ridiculous thing – dips her tongue into the glass and smells the cork. States this wine is horrible and has gone bad. The second bottle is the same thing. The manager comes over and states if the next bottle is bad, we have to pay for all of it. She pouts and says the third bottle is okay.
I am so humiliated.
Fifth event: Wedding. The bridal party is having a rehearsal, including seating arrangements. The Venue is small (50 people), a historical landmark, beautiful and intimate. As we are discussing who is sitting where my dad pulls me aside and is upset. He says that more tables are needed. Really, for who? He invited (unbeknownst to my or my fiancé) extended family I have not seen in 25-30(?) years, their children (my cousins, one was in jail at the time), and kids (oh, forgot to mention, this is a no children event and had to be this way for the liquor licence – it was a weird policy). Oh right – they also invited their neighbours – some who I never met – including (hold on to your fucking socks) a refugee family and their kids that arrived in the country about 3 months prior. My parents felt sorry for them as they had no family/friends in the country. So, in total about 50 more people. The maximum number of people for the venue – 50. We are now at 100!!!!
I asked the venue manager what flexibility we have. Nice enough person and said the chances of the fire department showing up on a Saturday evening are nil. But only 15 more people. My mum and dad refused to contact the individuals that could not attend because this was a mean thing for me not to allow them to attend. But!!! True to their words: My mum and dad refused to pay for the additional food/alcohol costs. Why? Surprise – because they do not want to have a say in the wedding.
One final point. The wedding gifts????? Right, I fucking kid you not. I KID YOU NOT A FUCKING BIT: A $25.00 gift certificate to Zellers (think K-mart), broom, mop, bucket and cleaning supplies, and a book…. You think I am joking. This is a link to the book: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1181039.The_Queen_of_Clean
There is more. These are only the highlights. Everyone reading this… please realize that growing up in a shitty, dysfunctional family is tough. We do not know what ‘normal’ is.
True story. Amen.
submitted by pncoop
to weddingshaming [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 19:21 HumanDragonfruit4 Interested in purchasing my first TS shirt, question on size
| || |
I typically wear medium or large sized shirts but the sizing tool on the website suggested an XL-44 for me. What have people’s experience been with sizing? submitted by HumanDragonfruit4 to taylorstitch [link] [comments]
The picture shows some recent measurements for context. Is the XL a safe bet?
Now I’m wondering if I’ve been wearing clothes a full size smaller than what I should be.
2023.06.08 18:55 DiscoverDurham Things to Do in Durham this Weekend (June 8-11)
Check out our full Durham events calendar
If you'd like to add an event to our calendar, submit an event here
. Please check with the event organizers to see if events change due to weather. Have a great weekend!
American Dance Festival
BODYTRAFFIC at Reynolds Industries Theater
2023 ADF Fête
- Widely acclaimed for its “peerless dancers” who “can do it all from hip-hop to ballet” (LA Dance Chronicle), the company is composed of artists who received their training at some of the finest schools throughout the world, and its smashing repertory includes the works of renowned contemporary choreographers.
- Thu, Jun 8 at 7:00 p.m.
- Sat, Jun 10 at 7:30 p.m.
- Dance the night away with BODYTRAFFIC and enjoy delicious food and drinks.
- Thu, Jun 8 at 9:00 p.m.
Rennie Harris Puremovement American Street Dance Theater at Page Auditorium
- The acclaimed work Nuttin’ But A Word by Rennie Harris pushes the boundaries of street dance vocabulary and forces its audience to view street dance through a different lens. Challenging the viewer’s perspective of street dance or Hip-hop dance and its culture, Nuttin’ But A Word takes you on a dramatic and abstract journey while twisting, matching, juxtaposing, and pulling vocabulary and music in ways unimaginable. Harris chooses to end this work in a traditional Hip-hop celebration, which Africanists may refer to as the Bantaba.
- Friday, Jun 9 at 7:30 p.m. ($30-45)
- Saturday, Jun 10 at 1:00 p.m. (Children’s Matinee - $12)
Multi-Day Event Triangle Restaurant Week
- A week-long celebration of culinary excellence designed to incorporate the premier Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and surrounding area restaurants
- Participating restaurants offer special three-course menu options and fixed pricing
- No reservations, tickets, or passes are required
- Today - Jun 11
Venue Weekend Schedules Events
at DPAC Events
at The Carolina Theatre Events
at The Pinhook Events
at Motorco Music hall Events
at The Fruit
- Fri, Jun 9 from 2:00am - Sat, 10 2:00am - SUB: Terranean
- Fri, Jun 9 from 10:00 p.m. - 2:00 a.m. - HOUSE OF HER : An All Girls Pride Party
- Sat, Jun 10 from 9:00pm - 2:00 a.m. - Cosmic Gate
at Blue Note Grill Events
at Moon Dog Meadery
- Thursdays - Free Board Games
- Thu, Jun 8 at 7:00 p.m. - Trivia
- Fri, Jun 9 at 8:00 p.m. - 2nd Friday Blues Dance Night
- Sat, Jun 10 at 8:00 p.m. - An Offering to Bragi
at Sharp 9 Gallery Events
- Thu, Jun 8 - Pridechata and Tarot with Rene
- Fri, Jun 9 - Queer Joy: A Party and Fundraiser for Bodily Autonomy and Tarot with Virginia
- Sat, Jun 10 - Tarot with Heiltje
- Sun, Jun 11 - Jay Hammond & Quran Karriem and Tarot with Emily
at Rubies on Five Points Events
at Durty Bull Brewing Company
- Thu, Jun 1
- 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. - Food Truck: Tacos Mama Chava
- 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. - Thursday Trivia with Nick
- Fri, Jun 2
- Sat, Jun 3
- 12:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. - Food Truck: My Taste of Caribbean
- 12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. - Durty Dog Day
- 4:00 p.m - 6:00 p.m. - Live Music: Peridot Sun
- 6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. - Bull Durham Screening Series
- Sun, Jun 4
- 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. - MotoGP Watch Party
- 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. - Hammered Trivia with Thor
- Thu, Jun 8 at 7:30 p.m. - The Uproar, a sketch comedy show
- Thu, Jun 8 at 9:00 p.m. - Standup Comedy Open Mic
- Fri, Jun 9 at 7:30 p.m. - The Uproar, a sketch comedy show
- Fri, Jun 9 at 9:00 p.m. - Well Seasoned
- Sat, Jun 10 at 6:00 p.m. - Improv 101 Graduation Showcase
- Sat, Jun 10 at 8:00 p.m. - The Racket - Pride Edition!
- Sat, Jun 10 at 9:00 p.m. - Sounds Gay, I'm In
- Sat, Jun 10 at 10:00 p.m. - The Alphabet Hour
at Glass Jug Beer Lab in RTP
- Thu, Jun 8 from 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. - Beer Garden Jam Sessions
- Fr, Jun 9 from 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. - RTP Food Truck Fridays
- Sat, Jun 10 from 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. - Beer Garden Jam Sessions
at Glass Jug Beer Lab in Downtown Durham
- Thu, Jun 8 from 7:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. - Live Music in the Taproom
- Jun 8-11 from 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. - Weekend Food Trucks
Thursday, Jun 8 Thirsty Thursdays
Vinyl Night with DJ Deckades
- Each month Dashi's Thirsty Thursday drink specials revolve around a monthly theme – spirits, cocktails, special ingredients, brand, location, etc. – with new sips every Thursday. Learn more about upcoming themes on their website or visit them in person – there's always something new to try from their expansive bar!
- 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
at Gizmo Brew Works
Boulders & Brews Meetup
- Enjoy fresh vibes on the patio with DJ Deckades. Bring your own vinyl to share or just listen to what the DJ is spinning.
- 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Free admission
at Triangle Rock Club - Durham
Trivia Night w/Big Slow Tom
- Show up and climb at TRC Durham, then head over to Hi-Wire for some brews. Don't worry if it's your first time or haven't bouldered before; everyone's welcome.
- Your first visit to the gym with the Meetup includes free admission and gear rental, and subsequent visits with the meetup are $15 and include harness rental (outside of meetups, day pass rates of $19 apply and do not include rentals).
- 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
at Clouds Brewing Brightleaf Square
- Join Clouds Durham for Big Slow Tom's Trivia Night, every Thursday. Win some prizes, drink some beer, and show your smarts.
- Enjoy $4 select draft and $5 rotating bartender's choice all night.
- 7:30 p.m.
- Free admission
Friday, Jun 9 Tasting at Ten
at Counter Culture Coffee
- Every Friday morning at 10 am, Counter Culture Coffee opens their Training Centers to coffee lovers who want to learn more about Counter Culture Coffee’s high-quality, sustainably sourced menu.
- 10:00 a.m.
- Free, but donations accepted
Saturday, Jun 10 Durham Farmers’ Market
at Durham Central Park
South Durham Farmers' Market
- The Durham Farmers’ Market offers locally grown fruits and vegetables, meats, eggs, cut flowers, artisanal cheeses and breads, home-baked pies, honey, handmade chocolates, preserves, local wines, handmade soaps, fresh pasta, and artwork of all sorts!
- 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Free admission
at Greenwood Commons Shopping Center
- The market strives to support new and growing farms and vendors in the greater Durham area, and they are also home to some of the most iconic Durham brands around.
- 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Free admission
at Southern Boundaries Park
- A free, fun, and friendly weekly 5k community event. Walk, jog, run, volunteer, or spectate. It's up to you!
- 8:00 a.m.
- Free admission
at Gizmo Brew Works
- Free pint with purchase of craft box. Choose from a variety of craft packages available for all ages.
- 12:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Sunday, Jun 11 Al Strong Presents Jazz Brunch
at Alley Twenty Six
Food Truck Rodeo
- Al Strong, the Grammy-nominated jazz trumpeter, composer and recording artist, will bring a rotating lineup of musicians to perform during Sunday brunch at Durham's Alley Twenty Six. Weather permitting the band will perform in the bar’s namesake alley.
- Brunch from 10:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Music 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
at Durham Central Park
- Most trucks accept credit cards but an ATM machine is on site as well. Free parking is available in nearby lots. Bring a blanket or a lawn chair so you can enjoy a relaxing and enjoyable Durham afternoon with friends and family.
- 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Free admission
Public Tour at Duke Chapel
- Learn about the history, architecture, and life of Duke Chapel in this tour, which is free and open to the public. The tour begins at 12:15 p.m., or immediately following the conclusion of the Sunday morning service, and lasts approximately forty-five minutes.
- No reservation is required but if you plan to bring a large group please notify us in advance. Meet the docent on the front steps of the Chapel.
- Paid parking is available on a first come, first served basis in the Bryan Center Parking Lot at 125 Science Drive. ADA parking is available in the Bryan Center Surface Lot at the same address.
- 12:15 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
at Navigator Beverage Co.
- Hosted by the Triangle’s Trivia team, Hammered Trivia, gather your team and post up to compete for prizes and enjoy an afternoon of great drinks, great friends, and great games.
- 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Free admission
Running Art Exhibits upstART Gallery: A Jim Lee Project
at Pop Box Gallery
- upstART Gallery will host its first group show at Pop Box Gallery & The Art Chose Me’s residency in Old East Durham. The show features 27 artists who were selected through an open call review process. Artists were challenged to create work especially for this unique space, scaled 1:12 (one inch = one foot).
- Wed-Sat from 12:00 p.m - 6:00 p.m.
- Runs through Jul 1
at 21c Museum Hotel
- Truth or Dare: A Reality Show
- Open 24 hours
- Free admission
at the Durham Art Guild Truist Gallery
Donna Stubbs, Featured Artist
- This exhibit highlights several NC-based artists that, on the surface, use colors that are “extra” (which is where their commonality ends) to evoke their intent through a combination of this color with forms and imagery as well as the concepts embedded in color’s many identities. Artists Jane Cheek, Jerstin Crosby, Zach Storm, Tonya Solley Thornton and Leif Zikade all require color to play a primary role in their work and their relationship to an audience.
- Mon–Sat from 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. and Sun from 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Runs through June 4
- Free admission
at 5 Points Gallery
Chieko Murasugi & Renzo Ortega
- 5 Points Gallery in downtown Durham introduces a new exhibit featuring the work of our member artist, Donna Stubbs. Donna uses an archaeological approach to painting, as she lovingly photographs her surroundings and unearths discarded items in thrift stores to create abstract mixed media works.
- Free admission
at Craven Allen Gallery
Spirit in the Land
- An exhibition featuring both abstract and figurative works by two artists with international backgrounds. The SEQUENTIAL exhibition invites the observer on a visual journey, generating an organic relationship between the artworks and the gallery's visitors. Through the dynamics of color, form, ideas, and narratives, Chieko Murasugi and Renzo Ortega seek to generate a dialogue and the experience of art appreciation with the audience.
- Sat, May 20 at 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. - opening reception
- Runs through July 8
at the Nasher
Andy Warhol: You Look Good in Pictures
- Spirit in the Land is a contemporary art exhibition that examines today’s urgent ecological concerns from a cultural perspective, demonstrating how intricately our identities and natural environments are intertwined. Through their artwork, 30 artists show us how rooted in the earth our most cherished cultural traditions are, how our relationship to land and water shapes us as individuals and communities
- Tue-Fri from 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Sun from 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Runs through Jul 9
- Free admission
at the Nasher
Art of Peru
- Andy Warhol: You Look Good in Pictures explores the breadth of the artist’s relationship with photography through several distinct bodies of work including screenprints of celebrities, all of which were taken from photographs, a group of Polaroids and black and white snapshots illustrating his social circles, and an early silent film of the curator Henry Geldzahler from 1964.
- Tue-Fri from 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Sun from 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Runs through Aug 27
- Free admission
at the Nasher
- This gallery features ceramics, textiles, metalwork and carvings produced by ancient cultures across what is known as present-day Peru.
- Tue-Fri from 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Sun from 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Runs through Dec 2
- Free admission
submitted by DiscoverDurham
to bullcity [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 18:19 Mysterious_Many_7724 Say Cheese (A Chuck E Cheese CreepyPasta)
I used to work at a restaurant called Chuck E cheese but now I don't anymore and I will explain why. So back in 2016 I got a job as a janitor in Chuck E cheese. Being a janitor was alright I guess all I just needed to do was clean the entire restaurant and make sure everything is clean and spotless. And then three days went by And I was just cleaning as usual but while I was cleaning I was watching the animatronic mascots performing their show. I was watching them while they sing and dance and have fun and all that kind of stuff but for some reason Chucky was doing nothing. He just sat there staring at me for some reason. I rubbed my eyes to see if it was an illusion and it was. The Chucky animatronic was now singing and dancing with the rest of the animatronics. I continued with my cleaning and then I was watching a man who had a Chuck E Cheese costume playing with the kids. And then I dropped my broomstick and went to go pick it up. After I picked up my broomstick I noticed that the man with the Chuck E Cheese costume and five of the kids that he was playing with were gone. and then I heard screaming, I went to see what was up and then I saw a girl laying on the table. I was checking her pulse and then I found out that she was dead. Not only one girl was dead but four more women were found dead. And then I found out that she was eating salad and that would probably mean that someone poisoned the five women that were found dead in their tables. My manager called the police and once they arrived they began investigating the restaurant to find someone who poisoned the five women but then the police found nobody and gave up the investigation. The next day I arrived at my manager's office and I told him about the animatronics when they were staring at me and I also told him about the man with the Chuck E cheese that disappeared including the five kids that were playing with him. And then my manager checked the room where the Chucky costume was at and found out that the person who wore the Chuck E Cheese costume was gone. And then at night me and my manager started investigating the Chuck E cheese restaurant. We checked every room in the restaurant that only staff use but there was nothing we could find so our last place to check was the parts and service room and that was at the animatronics show stage. So my manager and I checked The parts and service room and there was nothing but animatronic parts and stuff. And then I noticed a carpet on the floor and decided to see what was under the carpet and it was a trapdoor. My manager and I went inside the trapdoor and it led us to a creepy basement. My manager said that we never built a basement in the Chuck E cheese restaurant. And then my manager and I found another door and we tried to open it but it was locked. And then I decided to bust open the door And then once I did that It broke open and what my manager and I saw was really disturbing. We found so many dead bodies once we came in through the door. There was a table filled with torture items and a bunch of photos of the Dead victims that got killed here. And then I found five dead children and then I found out that those were the same five kids that were playing with the guy who had the Chuck E Cheese costume. And then my manager and I found out that the man who had the Chuck E Cheese costume was killing people and bring them for torture. and then out of nowhere The man with the Chuck E Cheese costume appeared behind us and took off his mask and revealed to himself as David Henderson the same man that escaped prison back in 2005 and disappeared 12 years later. He also had a gang that also escaped prison but he and his crew were separated and they also disappeared 12 years later. David then told us that for 12 years he has been luring staffs And workers to his secret basement and was killing them off with his torture devices and that's why staffs and workers that worked at Chuck E Cheese's was disappearing. they didn't get fired, they didn't quit their jobs, but they were killed by the man who was wearing the Chuck E Cheese costume. He laughed and He was pointing a gun at us and he was about to shoot us but then somebody else shot David. It was one of the Chuck E cheese workers that came to save us because not only was he a Chuck E cheese worker but he was also a Detective. He actually found out about the incident before we did And was also carrying a gun around him and on the same night when my manager and I were investigating the place and found out about the secret basement that was in the Chuck E cheese restaurant He snuck behind David and shot him because he already knew who he was. And then my manager and I got out of the restaurant safely and the man with the Chuck E Cheese costume that was trying to kill us was dead. And after the incident the Chuck-E-Cheese restaurant was shut down. So yeah that's why I never worked at Chuck E cheese anymore and now everybody knows about the legend and horror that was found inside the Chuck E cheese restaurant.
submitted by Mysterious_Many_7724
to creepypasta [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 17:20 TingisPingis2015 Way too early prediction for 2024 presidential polls, let me know what you think
| || |
way too early prediction for 2024 presidential polls, let me know what u guys think submitted by TingisPingis2015 to u/TingisPingis2015 [link] [comments]
Hi guys, Democrat leaning independent from Ohio here trying to make some way too early predictions for 2024. *Ohio will not be competitive (<5%) presidentially.
I made 2 maps on 270towin First one Trump vs Biden Second one DeSantis vs Biden
Methodology for swing states: Added NC as a swing state as: 2020 margin ~74k (Trump) 2022 GOP senate margin with R Trump backed candidate ~114k, while Dems total got outspent 2:1 (October 2022 politico) Added Virginia as swing state as it was flipped +12 by Glenn Youngkin, a very similar candidate to non-Trump prospective GOP nominees like Ron Desantis.
Arizona Cari Lake ( Trump backed) lost by <1% in an non presidential year election even though Mark Kelly won by ~5%, largest margin for Dem senator since DeConcini (1988). Lean R for both Trump vs Biden Lean R for DeSantis vs Biden
Wisconsin Dem governor won by 3%>, GOP senator won by 2%>, epitome of swing state I gave it blank since GOP is having convention, and primary debates there, but Dems had convention in Philly 2016, and in Charlotte in 2012 and lost both. So historical proof of those things actually working in swing states isn’t great. Third party candidate will be key here, stealing mostly from D but also lil bit from R. Trump vs Biden Lean blue for DeSantis vs Biden… Abortion
North Carolina Trump won by 75 k, Ted Budd ( Trump backed) won by 114k Recent party flipping and abortion bans seem to have raised Dem anger, Democratic Party got outspent in state 2:1 43.8 mil to 22 mil in TV ads, Beasley was herself up 9 mil against Ted Budd total 43.8 vs 31. Previously in 2020 Dems had spent 136M total vs 109M total from Republicans and lost that seat as well to TrumpThillis by <2%. Money didn’t help there since Cunningham was marred by extramarital affairs allegations. Lean R for Trump vs Biden since Democrats haven’t shown they can do it since ObamaHagan in 08. Lean D for DeSantis vs Biden due to abortion restrictions,will be interesting to see if part flip anger results in D surge and boost Dems to the W.
Georgia Walker lost close 3%> Kemp won by 8. Third party will be key, mostly taking from Trump. Lean D Trump vs Biden, proven now in 4/5 state wide races 1 presidential 3 senate 1 governor Solid R DeSantis vs Biden, no history of Dems competing (<5%) to non Trump Georgia GOP before 2018 since Clinton 92 and Miller 2000. *I personally find Zelle Miller 2000 crazy, cause top of ticket Al Gore(D) lost to Bush 2 by 12 while Miller(D) beat Mack Mattingly(R) in same election by 20! This was due to Georgia having 12 consecutive years of D governors at that time, Georgia folks must have really hated Al Gore.
Pennsylvania Shapiro won by 17 albeit against lunatic Mastriano who wasn’t even endorsed by many other state GOP leaders Fetterman won by 5 against Oz (who may or may not have been from state, although H Clinton was elected to senate from NY in 2000 after being in Washington DC from prev 8 and Little Rock, Arkansas for prev 17 before that and Chicago, Illinois for her first 27…. but anyways Oz got boned by Mastriano+” You, your doctor and your local politician comments”) Progressive Dems grassroots organizations will keep Biden ahead, while pro - fracking/usual GOP groups will be supporting GOP candidates to keep them closeish. Lean D Trump vs Biden Lean D Desantis vs Biden
Way too early * Virginia Flipped by Glen Youngkin by 12 pts in 2021. Youngkin (crt, life starts at conception, anti-climate change) (signed bill getting rid of state portion of Virginia grocery tax,funded HBCUs (by removing it from DACA recipients), removed college req for some state jobs, endorsed by only black governor in Virginia history, squeezed more margins out of Trump 2020 Appalachia counties(crt/inflation Dem flips?) This is the way too early part, if Youngkin gets in the race, largely cause he can’t run in 2025 for governor, and finishes 3rd to Desantis and Trump which I think he would… it might make Virginia more interesting iffff combined with Youngkin running, GOP are able to capture both the state senate and state house in the local elections of the state.
By the way MASSIVE LOCAL ELECTIONS in Virginia this year, all 40 of the state senate and all 100 of the state house of delegates are up. I don’t see any Dems/ Dem media talking about it. Youngkin at the root of it is a ‘life start at conception,’ Republican that will definitely sign a heartbeat bill or worse. If pro-choice folks want to protect any sort of reproductive rights in the entire south, the GOP cannot be allowed to get at least 1 of the houses.
2023.06.08 16:42 GoLoveTravel I made a video about Gordon Ramsay's new Food Market in Cherokee, NC (his first restaurant in North Carolina and his only Food Market currently globally). I would love to know your feedback for things you liked or constructive criticism on things I can improve on. Thank you for allowing me to post!
2023.06.08 16:27 PritchettRobert506 [HIRING] 25 Jobs in MO Hiring Now!
Hey guys, here are some recent job openings in mo. Feel free to comment here or send me a private message if you have any questions, I'm at the community's disposal! If you encounter any problems with any of these job openings please let me know that I will modify the table accordingly. Thanks!
submitted by PritchettRobert506
to missourijobs [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 16:12 Meaning-Plenty The Final Landscape
An aging artist pontificates over the utility of his art in a place of perpetual war. Under a month-long lockdown in Kashmir, the streets are deserted, the stone-throwing protesters are locked away in their homes, and winter is settling on the valley. In a dialogue with himself, an aging artist creates the illusion of company while he pontificates over the utility of his art in a place of perpetual war. The dialogue deepens as the artist’s mind digresses between legends and newspaper headlines, pondering the creative ways the people of Kashmir carve out freedom in the interstices of spaces that imprison them. Originally published by Mountain Ink, the story explores the resistant possibility of art, imagines a moment of isolation, and subverts it in its execution
He was losing count of the days now. It was a month-old lockdown and the September sun had just begun to smile readily at the mountain peaks. https://www.guernicamag.com/the-final-landscape/
“What day is it today?” wishing to be ignored, he almost murmured.
It was Tuesday, September 2 in that year of warlike situation.
“Word has it that the taskmasters desire people to lose count of the days and sooner the better, for it would be less embarrassing to justify this forgetfulness.”
“No, no! For Heaven’s sake, no, don’t call that forgetfulness.”
“What else if not forgetfulness? I am already losing count of the days.”
“Fatigue has already entered my spine. My vision is becoming blurred. I am getting sick.”
There was nothing to act on. Sunlight already appeared growing weaker and the chill in the mornings and evenings had made humans return back into their skin, to remember that it was time for a change of the season. Yes, the summer sun has shifted its glance. There were no more vertical sun rays gazing at the deserted streets. This year stones were missing from the streets.
“Are the stones cleared away from the streets?”
“Where from? The streets that wind along the lake and disappear in the forest?”
“I don’t care where. You know what matters are the missing stones or more likely preemptive disappearance.”
“Indeed, what must matter is the absence of the stones.”
“Absence and disappearance are two distinct states, aren’t those? Artista, you are a free man who doesn’t have to risk anything for the arrival of his expectations. You, I know, are waiting for the leaves on some trees to fall and to turn crimson on many others. You do not have to pretend to be self-unconscious to the fatigue so you could feel the numbness of silence of whatever surrounds you. You are waiting for the stones to hurl into the air so you can clench the textures within your color palate. You rather wait for the sun to change its direction and that explains to me your indifference to the night sky to reveal the secrets of peace unto you. You count the hues that are embedded in the seasons to give directions to your thoughts and capture the moments of sadness.”
“I do not wait for the crimson to smear the streets for the emancipation though you understand me as a free person. I am no more a believer in dreams and I know that someday I shall leave forever to dream my great dream. Waiting for the great dream to come true or as you like to understand it, the arrival of my expectations, I am tied to that moment in time that shall comfort me from my bondage.”
There once lived a woman amidst erudite pandits who refused to die. In her youth, when she would rest down to eat after completing the daily chores nothing would take her by surprise then. She had realized that her wait to take the infinite inside was not far. She sang about the darkness that surrounded her only in the wilderness. She defined the void. She bore no children and marked in her verses the certainty to meet the infinite and pass on in peace from here unto there. Every night she washed the stone hidden underneath the crust of rice served in the bowl for dinner. She left behind the stone for the young.
**Hond maaran kina kath Lalli nalwut tsali na zanh*"
(Whether they killed a big sheep or a lamb it was all the same Lalla had always got a stone to eat).
“Bring me those diamonds bedecked in the sky. Rise to the sky and snatch not one but all those tiny stars in an entire vault that shield your land from anonymity.”
“I do not wish to wither away in void nor lose my way across the vast deserts. Journeys across would become not just difficult but impossible without those dimly-lit stars in the sky. Aren’t all landscapes grief-stricken? What would become of the landscapes if the horizons as well were measured and guarded?”
“You sound utterly eccentric to disregard the light of the day that guards us all. There is nothing to help you but to do away with this ridiculousness.”
“Death catches those young by the tail of the daylight. There is nothing solemn to bring oneself in loving the light. I have nothing left but my small indifference to offer. At least there is nothing doubtful about this smallness like many of those impressionist strokes, at chance, that create an illusion of ecstasy. I struggle to handle the landscape without striving for the exotica. Landscapes without humans cannot become a site for self-reflection.”
“Why don’t you paint the arrival?”
“There is no shade on my palate that could help me prophesize. It is impossible to paint that which doesn’t hold me. I cannot paint certainty.”
Nothing would be worse than a political discord that generations wriggle against and wither away with. There was a land of valleys up in the Himalayas believed to be of saints and demons. In “Abduction,” painted in the year 2005, a demon carries away a piece of a mountain — that led to a series “Whose Kashmir?” This strife is neither ahistorical nor sacred. Yet there are stories in the beginning when there was no time. The water that filled up the valley was emptied so the demon could be trapped and killed to end the conflict forever. Demon was driven away yet the water in the lake remained. Troops after troops were washed away ashore on the land. The journey through mountains in search of permanence and certitude continues
“Who owns the strength of character to resolve the strife?”
“Theories nurture cults. At times resolutions are created only to morph imagination into images that speak something beyond any resolution. Landscape is not a passive player. The harder it gets to paint, the easier it is to be consumed with nostalgia. To paint a landscape has become an agony.”
“Artista, you mix up everything to get confused. These are not days to stay confused leisurely.”
“Who has lost count of days? I, who is incapacitated, either to grieve the loss or to bear the burden of not feeling forgetfulness can’t be more astute, clear-sighted, and regimented than this. I live on that street in the city, which is openly exposed to the dogmatic gaze however isn’t threatened with what I do. I paint the banal and possibly could survive in the worst of the conditions, which is boredom. My remorse will anyway kill me soon. Yes, I mix. I mix colors to grasp the shade that discloses the anatomy of illusions.”
“Artista, is it you alone for whom illusions bespeak of truth or is it me who sees confusion not separate from illusions. Illusions lure you into believing that you can’t grieve over the loss and the disappearances. It’s been a while now that we are living in a state of deception and absolute vulgarity.”
“Well then, this is not the first time that the enforcer has tuned in to portray the nakedness of its presence vulgarly. Everything is equipped. How must one imagine a landscape bereft of fatigue figures marching up and down every day? Interestingly, the landscape has turned those prowlers significant for the game that was shaped, of late, seven decades before.”
“And do those prowlers know anything about the determination to choose for the self? Over the years, such will is invalidated. How then must we understand the desire to be emancipated? Have you got any map to look at, to paint a landscape?”
“When I was summoned to prove my being, oddly I forgot my address. I was numbered as an incorrigible reprobate. All efforts to paint a landscape were labeled as a ploy that possibly could threaten the syntax of the sovereign self. When I was executed, that bored wound was stamped as the void. And as I survived after throwing up the clot, my discharge from confinement was realized only after I agreed to sign an undertaking that I shall be a regular reporter of my case. It was called detoxicating progress. You see, the stamp out stink takes a lifetime to go.”
“Now that the autumn is approaching, you might pack up your color and brushes to paint the landscape of this wailing vale in all possible shades. I remember you painted landscapes earlier with much pleasure and ease.”
“I have lost the temperament to paint!”
“Don’t forget that your hallucinatory will could turn the upheaval inside you into spite.”
submitted by Meaning-Plenty
to Kashmiri [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 15:16 clearliquidclearjar TALLAHASSEE WEEKLY EVENTS, 6/8 – 6/14
Events are listed by the day. Events that happen every week appear first, one time stuff after that. If you have anything you’d like people to know about, comment here or message me and I’ll add it in. If you’d like further info about any of the events, look it up! I usually don’t have any extra to add. Large Scale, Ongoing, and Multi-Day Events Local Running, Walking, and Biking Info: https://troubleafoot.blogspot.com/ OutdooFarmer’s Markets:
- Lake Ella Grower's Market: Wednesday and Saturday, 11am-2pm. You can always find organic vendors, and foragers: The Holistic Cannabis Community, Artzi Farms, Hickory Nut Gifts, and others. Including Pita Queen! Farmer's Market Nutrition Program Coupons gladly accepted!
- Frenchtown Heritage Market: 524 N MLK Jr Blvd. Saturdays, 10am to 2pm. Come grow community and support your local farmers and makers, while you get your groceries for the week! Don’t forget! We match SNAP/EBT, so you DOUBLE your money to go towards locally grown fresh fruits and vegetables! If the guy with the pineapple is there, get it.
- Tallahassee Farmers Market: 2904 Kerry Forest Pkwy, Saturdays, 8am to Noon. Come see us at Tallahassee's longest-running farmers market! We are a year-round market, featuring local farms and vendors that provide the best seasonal produce, meats, baked goods, and more. We welcome you and your whole family (leashed pets included) to come out and meet your local farmers! Ample parking is available between our lot and the shopping center lot next door (by Red Elephant). Come early for the best selection.
- Tallahassee Downtown Market: Ponce de Leon Park, Saturdays, 10am-2pm. Join us for a stroll in the park among local makers, bakers, artists and farmers as live music is played by local musicians!
- The Hub at Feather Oaks: Bingo. 6pm
- Dreamland BBQ: Weekly Open Blues Jam. If you'd like to sing, please bring your own mic. 6pm
- The Rose Room: Open Mic Night. 6pm
- The Great Games Library: Solforge Fusion Sealed-Deck Tournament. Anyone interested in SolForge: Fusion, please come out! Thursday nights at 6:00pm to 9:00pm ish will be dedicated to SolForge Fusion gameplay and weekly tournaments. If you play or have played MTG but would like to spend less, this is a great alternative CCG with inexpensive entry and minimal purchases to enjoy playing competitively. In-store and online tournaments may be played with the same decks purchased at any store. SolForge was created by the same designer for MTG, Netrunner, and Key Forge, Richard Garfield, and the designer for Ascension, Justine Gary. 6pm/$35 Entry Fee for 4 Sealed Half-decks, Special Art Playmat Prize for 1st Place
- Oyster City Brewing Co: Open Mic Night! Join us on Thursdays from 6:30-9:30 PM for Open Mic Night hosted by the incredible Mike Ingram of The Brown Goose! This is your chance to show off your skills! Whether you're a musician, poet, comedian, or have a hidden talent, we can't wait to see what you bring to the stage. 6:30pm
- World of Beer: Trivia Night. 7pm
- The Bar at La Casa: Tallahassee Thursday Comedy. 7pm
- Lake Tribe III: Trivia. 7pm
- Smitty's Taphouse: Trivia Lab Thursdays. Teams of 6 or fewer players can compete for $30 / $20 / $10 Prizes + The Golden MacGuffin prize table! New format! Interactive smartphone answering for your comfort and safety! 6 Fun Rounds - 42 Total Questions. 7:30pm
- Cap City Video Lounge: Gamera: MST3K. Join us Thursday as we climb aboard The Satellite of Love along with Joel, Tom Servo and CROOOOW as the Gang riffs the 1965 kiju classic, GAMERA, who will devastate every city in Japan but maintains that he is a friend to all children...despite leaving them homeless and killing their parents. 8pm/free but donations encouraged
- Fire Bettys: Electronic Thursdays. There will be rotating music genres from local artists! 8pm/free/21+
- Poor Pauls: Trivia. 8/21+
- 926: Karaoke. 9pm
- La Casa: Comedy Night! 9pm
- Fire Bettys: Electronic Show. Join us for Experiment 002 and take a mind-bending trip into the sound of the future! Our electrifying music party will transport you to another dimension with cutting-edge beats and non-stop excitement. 9pm
- Bird’s: Karaoke with Nathan. 9pm
- Blue Tavern: Free Jazz Five Buck Thursday (and Jam Session) with the Longineu Parsons Trio. Expect the unexpected when the supertrio of Longineu Parsons, Brian Hall, and Michael Bakan hold court for Blue Tavern's exciting new Free Jazz Five Buck Thursday series (FJFBT). From Louis Armstrong classics to meditative musical dreamscapes, hard-driving funk grooves to wild Balkan beats, and free jazz adventures to the deepest downhome blues, Parsons-Bakan-Hall do it all--and they do it like no one else, whether here in Tallahassee or anywhere else on the planet. Oh, and don't forget to bring your instrument and sit in during the final 10:00 set open jam (space permitting). 8pm/$5
- Retrofit Records: King Krule “Space Heavy” Album Listening Event. 8pm
- The Bark: Closet Goth with No Face and Good Real Estate. 8pm
- 926: Jameson Tank with Learning To Swim and The Sparrows. 8:30pm
- Blue Tavern: Happy Hour with Everett Young. 5pm
- Hobbit West: Friday Night Dart Tournament. Anyone can Enter! Sign ups at 7:30, Darts fly at 8:00/$10 entry fee
- Ouzts Too: Karaoke with DJ Nathan. Best karaoke DJ in town. 8pm
- The Bar at La Casa: Latin Night. 8pm
- Just One More: Karaoke with DJ Rah. 9pm-11pm/21+
- 926: The Hot Friday Night Party and Drag Show. 9pm/$5/18+
SATURDAY, 6/10 It’s my birthday! Happy birthday to me.
- Proof: The Allie Cats. 5pm
- Peppers: Saylor Dollar. 6pm
- The Red Shed: Walkers Crossing. 6pm
- The Hub at Feather Oaks: Ben Baggett. 6pm
- Lake Tribe: John Moore. 6:30pm
- The Wine House on Markey Street: Little Mercies. 7pm
- Ruby Diamond: Second Annual Screen Spectacular featuring original film scores from student films and arrangements of music from film, TV, and video games performed by the FSU Studio Orchestra. 7:30pm
- Fire Bettys: Jupiter Troupe + Soul Candy - Free Show! 8pm
- The Bark: BRAT! with support from Brass Wizard, Slug Crust, Nightfall Ends, and Subpotent. 8:30pm
- Brinkley Glen Park: Invasive Plant Removal. Join Master Gardener Volunteers at this weekly invasive plant removal event. This is a great way to learn to ID our invasive plant species and how to remove them. We recommend wearing long pants and sleeves, closed-toed shoes, gloves, a hat and mosquito spray. Bring gardening tools such as hand clippers, loppers, trowels, etc. if you have them. We are removing coral ardisia bushes and berries, nandina, tung trees, Tradescantia flumenensis, cat's claw vine, winged yam, Japanese climbing fern, skunkvine and more. Directions: The best way to get there is to take Meridian Rd to Waverly Rd, go to the next intersection and turn left onto Abbotsford Way, then turn left at the next road called Woodside Dr. At the stop sign turn left onto Lothian. Lothian ends in a cul-de-sac and there is a sign that says Brinkley Glen Park. 8:30am-11:30am
- The Rose Room: The Rose Revue. Performances by your favorite entertainers and special guests! Shows at 8pm, 10pm, & Midnight! A unique cast EACH show! 7pm
- Duke’s and Dottie’s: Line Dancing Plus Lessons. 7pm/21+
- Bird’s Oyster Shack: Laughterday Night Fever. This week: Five Year Anniversary Laughterday Night Fever! Join us every Saturday at Bird's Aphrodisiac Oyster Shack for a free comedy show! 8:30pm
- La Casa Bar: Karaoke With Nathan. 9pm-1am
- The Bark: Sickening Saturday Drag Show. 10:30/$10/18+
- Woodville Branch of the Leon County Public Library: 2nd Saturday: History Under the Sea. Florida’s long coastline and crystal blue waters make for excellent diving experiences! The wonders of the sea have called many people to explore the depths! Come learn about diving practices through the years. Kids will go on a ‘dive’ of their own and discover the wonders of Florida’s waters! 11am
- Adams Street: Adams St Flea. Browse our market full of locally hand-made items, art, and vintage finds, all set to the vibes of our house DJ on Adams St. Make an afternoon of your trip by visiting the restaurants and shops in the heart of our Capital City. Noon
- Blue Tavern: 2nd & 4th Saturday Old Time Jam. All players & lovers of old-time Appalachian music are welcome to join! 4pm
- The Hub at Feather Oaks: Zach Lambert. 5pm
- The Rose Room: Grand RE Opening (Now in RR Sq). Welcome to our Rose Room... Come see how much we bloomed! WE have so much to show you... The Rose Review will leave you begging for more... with 2 amazing shows @9 and 11 followed by our very own burlesque troop @midnight ... This is a themed night Pride month so come out and support these AMAZING performers and show so Love... 6pm/$10
- 926: Mason Pace, Cinema Stereo, Satin, Copyright Claim, and The Fetish. 7pm
- Blue Tavern: Pat Puckett. 8pm/$5
- House of Music: Selwyn Birchwood. 8pm
- Cap City Video Lounge: Pride Burlesque Show. Shaken Not Stirred Burlesque is back at your fav local theater Cap City Video Lounge! We have an amazing show planned for Pride month! We're here, we're queer, & we're gonna make you cheer! Enjoy our queer cuties, exquisite enbys, & bi-babes! You don't want to miss our Pride Burlesque Revue! Pride looks/outfits welcome & encouraged! Don't forget to tip your performers! 8pm/18+/masks required/$10 General Admission, $20 VIP Admission: Front row seating, $35 Celebration Special: Ticket & a personalized song from Shaken Not Stirred Burlesque!
- Fire Bettys: Live Band Karaoke. 8pm/free
- SoLook Tally (434 FAMU Way): Submersive Sounds Hip-Hop Showcase featuring Nu Skinny, Trem Sol, Ro-Thoro, Tokyo.Extraordinaire, Da Beast, and DJ Ryan Chargers. 9pm
- Common Ground Books: June CGB Movie Night: Paris is Burning. 9pm
- Bicycle House: Sunday Ride. Ride at 10:30 AM from Bicycle House. We will ride the Cascades trail to the St Marks trail and down to Wakulla station and return, about 31 miles. Ride speed is 12 to 14 mph, with periodic regroups. Vernon Bailey is the ride leader. Vernon is a new CCC member who’s been biking for 50 years enjoys riding with small groups and weekend touring. 10am
- Gamescape: Pokémon League. Come learn, play, and trade with the Pokémon Trading Card Game and the Pokémon video games! We LOVE seeing new players, so come learn how to play! We play both the Trading Card Game and the Video Game casually and competitively. The store offers lots of different seating arrangements to meet our group's needs, as well as food, drinks, and Pokémon products for purchase. We are also hold regular, officially sanctioned tournaments for Pokémon Trading Card Game and Video Game Competitions! 2-4pm
- Lake Tribe: Colby Scheib. 3pm
- House of Music: Songwriter Sunday. Songwriters of Tallahassee hosted by Rachel Hillman. Bring your original songs on Sunday - sign up is at 4:30. No Cover Songs please - this is an event celebrating original music. Accompanists and Bands Welcome - you must be able to set up within two minutes, so no crazy pedals or amp shenanigans. No Backing Tracks - Please find someone to play your song with you. 5pm
- The Plant: Open Jam. All instruments, all players welcome. 5pm-9pm
- House of Music: Perkins Street Pickers. 5pm
- Oyster City Brewing: Comedy Night. Come have some laughs with us on Sunday nights! If you are interested in participating in the show, reach out to [email protected] 7:30pm
- The Rose Room: Synful Sunday. 8pm
- Ology: Marauder’s Market. Noon
- Goodwood: Tomato Feastival 2023. Join us for our 2023 Tomato Feastival on Sunday, June 11 from 2-6 p.m. at Goodwood Museum & Gardens! Enjoy great food, live music, meeting our farmers, playing games, and of course, local tomatoes. 2pm
- The Hub at Feather Oaks: Dominic Milner. BK’s SnowKone Factory is also here from 1-4 pm that day with their great selection of snow cone flavors and Dippin' Dots ice cream. The ice cream of the future of yesteryear! 3pm
- Just One More: Bingo. 5pm-6:30pm
- World of Beer: Corn Hole Night. 6pm
- American Legion Hall: Cha Cha - Weekly Lessons. 6:15pm/$5
- Hangar 38: Bingo. 6:45pm
- Vino Beano: Tipsy Trivia. 7pm
- The Rose Room: Karaoke Night. 8pm
- Blue Tavern: Shanice Richards Happy Hour! 5pm
- World of Beer: Poker Night. 6pm
- The Rose Room: Drag Bingo and Open Stage Night ft. Britney T. Foxx! 6pm
- Oyster City Brewing Company: Tuesday Night Beer-go! 6pm
- The Rose Room: Queer Dinner and a Movie! 6pm
- Crafty Crab: BOOMIN' Karaoke. 7pm
- Gamescape: Hobby Night. Slay the grey together! Join your fellow gamers and turn your pile of grey miniatures into a battle ready army. Need some painting tips? Feel free to ask at hobby night. You can bring any miniature for any game to paint. 7pm
- Ology Midtown: Jazz Jam Sessions. 7pm
- Island Wings: Trivia. 7pm
- House of Music: Tuesday Trivia & Karaoke. 7pm
- Burrito Boarder: Karaoke with DJ Roldus. 8pm
- Blue Tavern: Bluesday Tuesday with Bill Ricci. Every Tuesday is Blues Day @ the Blue Tavern and Blues Meets Girl is a Tallahassee favorite. This perfect, intimate venue provides just what you need for both a mid-week break and authentic blues music experience. 8pm/$5
- 4th Quarter: Professor Jim's Tuesday Night Trivia. Popular for a reason! 8pm
- Argonaut Coffee: Trivia Tuesday. 8pm
- 926: Tacos and Trivia. 9pm
- Fire Betty’s: Comedy Show. 9pm/21+
- Cap City Video Lounge: Tallahassee Filmmaker Meeting. Join us at Cap City Video Lounge to pitch and discuss coming film ideas and video projects, both currently in production or in the pre-production stages! Please bring your work and ideas via links, thumb drives, or discs so that we can showcase it on the big screen in the Cap City Video Lounge's Fantomas Theatre! (Trailers and Shorts only, please!) No experience is necessary to join, but a small $5 admission fee will go towards our wonderful meeting location to continue supporting the passion of movie making in the local community! Please invite local actors, crew members, and film enthusiasts to join us on Tuesday, June 13th! We will be returning to an itinerary for our meetings starting in July that will help amp you guys up for the next 48 hour competition in November! Tickets for the 48 Hour Film Festival Premiere from this past month are available for purchase in person or over the phone! Hope to see you there! 7:30pm
- Rose Room: Women's Wednesday. Featuring Our Rose Roulettes and drink specials all night long. A night for all of our female-identifying friends to enjoy a safe space and an awesome happy hour! 6pm-2am
- Blue Tavern: The Wednesday Night Lab Session. 5pm
- Sugar and Spice Tally: Game Night. Join us every Wednesday Night for community game night. Bring your own or use ours! Let me know if you need to reserve space for a large group. Free to attend! 5pm
- Tara Angel’s Magic: D&D Experience - Adult (18+) Group. Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition - Candlekeep Mysteries. A one-shot is a D&D event that starts and finishes in the same session, typically lasting 3 - 4 hours. We have pre-generated characters for players to choose from. WHAT TO BRING: Pencils, Dice (can be purchased in store), Mask (encouraged for unvaccinated participants), Enthusiasm! Please sign up in advance to reserve a spot in this campaign. Tickets can be purchased in-store, over the phone, or on the website. For more information, please email [email protected], or call: (850) 878-4555 6pm-9pm
- Goodwood: Wonderful Wednesday. 6pm/$5
- Level 8 Rooftop Lounge: Trivia. 6pm
- The Great Games Library: Open Game Night. 6pm/free
- American Legion Hall: Sue Boyd Country Western and More Dance Class. Session 2 - Beginner 6:30 to 7:45 pm What: East Coast Swing and Waltz. Cost: $8.00 per person. Wear comfortable shoes you can turn in. 7:45 to 8:15 - Practice dance with paid admission. 8:15 to 9:30: Intermediate - 2 Step and WCS. $8.00 per person or $13.00 for both classes. Vaccines are required. Face masks are optional. Changing partners is optional. 6:30pm
- Perry Lynn’s Smokehouse in Quincy: Wed Night Open Mic w/ Steven Ritter and Friends. 6:30pm
- Hangar 38: Trivia. 6:45pm
- Oyster City Brewing Tallahassee: Trivia. Teams up to 6 players for three rounds with 10 questions and a tie breaker each round. Winners are by round so don’t worry if you need to come late or can’t stay the whole time! Prizes include a round of beer, a 6 pack and a gift card! 7pm
- Proof: Trivia. 7pm
- Vino Beano: Wine Bingo. 7pm
- Fermentation Lounge: Trivia. 7pm
- Blue Tavern: Wednesday Open Mic with Doc Russell. The open mic night that has run continuously for almost 20 years, once housed at the Warehouse, lives on at the Blue Tavern. Doc Russell continues as the host with the most. Sign up starts at 7:45pm/free to attend
- House of Music: Bar Bingo! Free to Play & Late Night Karaoke. 7pm
- The Bar at La Casa: MidWeek KARAOKE! 7pm
- Fire Betty’s: Karaoke! 8pm/21+/free
- Dukes and Dotties: College Night and Line Dancing Lessons. 8pm
- The Bark: Karaoke with DJ Nathan. Best karaoke DJ in town. 9pm
- World of Beer: Karaoke with DJ Cowboy. 9pm
- 926: Dragged Out Wednesday. 10pm
- 926: Normalizing Hate: A Difficult Discussion on LGBTQ+ Rights in Florida. Gay-owned Junnier Law & Research P.A. is presenting "A Law & Your Rights Hour" discussion on "Normalizing Hatred: An Uncomfortable Discussion About LGBTQ+ Rights in Florida" at 926 Bar & Grill to talk about the government clawback of LGBTQ+ rights in Florida. We will informally discuss LGBTQ+ current events and how they affect our identity as a group and as individuals. Talk leads to anger, anger leads to planning, planning leads to action--Let's turn Anger into Action! 7pm
- Square Mug: Ahleuchatistas (feat. Trevor Dunn of Mr. Bungle/Fantômas) with Frogs Dogs and Cowl. 7pm
submitted by clearliquidclearjar
to Tallahassee [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 14:37 upbstock le prepper
North is blanketing the eastern United States with harmful air, as high winds take the plumes over the border. At the current pace, government officials have said that Canada is on track to experience the worst wildfire season in its recorded history, with 9.4M acres already burned (or around 15x the 10-year average). Critical infrastructure like telecommunication and high voltage power lines are on watch, while authorities have warned that everyone, especially vulnerable people, should stay inside as much as possible.
Atlantic Seaboard: Wildfires out in Canada's western provinces usually impact oil and gas production, but the blazes in the East have forced mining firms like Wallbridge (OTCQX:WLBMF), Osisko (OTCPK:OBNNF) and Patriot Battery Metals (OTCQX:PMETF) to suspend operations. It's also derailing activity down the U.S. East Coast, in areas such as New York, which recorded the worst air quality of any city in the world on Wednesday. The polluted haze even halted flights at LaGuardia, postponed MLB games and Broadway shows, altered school schedules, and prompted companies like Google (GOOG, GOOGL) to issue work-from-home orders.
"We have already deployed over 600 U.S. firefighters and personnel, as well as equipment like water bombers to help Canada battle the fires," Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said at a briefing. "We encourage everyone in the impacted areas to listen to their state and local officials. Check in on your neighbors, check in on your friends and your family. Take precautions, especially if you have health conditions."
Outlook: The situation may put a spotlight on climate investing, though others say the bigger problem has to do with forest management. "In 2022, global investment in energy-transition products and services, such as renewable energy, electric vehicles, energy efficiency, and hydrogen, reached a record $1.1T, a 31% increase from the prior year," AllianceBernstein wrote in SA article Homing In On Quality In Climate Investing Strategies. With regards to the current wildfire situation, smoke and unhealthy air quality are expected to be present in the Northeast through the weekend - until wind patterns shift or the weather changes. (3 comments)
The Fed is watching
It's not so easy to shift back to easy monetary policy, or to at least put things on pause. The Bank of Canada unexpectedly raised its key policy rate by 25 basis points to 4.75% on Wednesday, after holding it steady for two straight meetings, as underlying inflation remained "stubbornly high." Amid signals that rate hiking cycles likely are not ready to end, gold futures sank to their lowest levels since March, with U.S. Treasury yields settling at their highest point of the month. Investors are also watching the Treasury's next move to refill its account, with a series of auctions set for today, which has been said could lead to a "potent liquidity squeeze." (11 comments)
More bank difficulties could lie ahead, according to Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen, who cautioned that lenders may feel pressure from the weakening commercial real estate market. "Demand for office space since we've seen such a big change in attitudes toward remote work has changed and especially in an environment of higher interest rates," she declared. However, Yellen believes banks should be able to handle the pressure despite near-term pain, adding that stress tests show they have enough capital to weather any commercial property fallout. Earlier, Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A, BRK.B) Vice Chairman Charlie Munger sounded the alarm on the sector, given banks' vast portfolios of "bad" commercial property loans. (7 comments)
Citadel CEO Ken Griffin believes generative AI will be transformative one day, but the hype around the technology's near-term implications is overblown. Echoing the opinion is billionaire investor Stan Druckenmiller, who plans to own Nvidia (NVDA) for years given its AI outlook. "I do believe, unlike crypto, AI is real. It could be as transformative as the internet," he told the Bloomberg Invest conference. Goldman Sachs also estimates that widespread AI adoption will boost companies' productivity by 1.5 percentage points over the next 10 years. (78 comments)
In Asia, Japan -0.9%. Hong Kong +0.3%. China +0.5%. India -0.5%. In Europe, at midday, London flat. Paris +0.4%. Frankfurt +0.3%. Futures at 7:00, Dow -0.03%. S&P +0.1%. Nasdaq +0.1%. Crude +0.7% to $73.07. Gold +0.2% to $1961.80. Bitcoin -0.5% to $26,450. Ten-year Treasury Yield +3 bps to 3.81%.
Today's Economic Calendar
8:30 Initial Jobless Claims 10:00 Wholesale Inventories (Preliminary) 10:30 EIA Natural Gas Inventory 4:30 PM Fed Balance Sheet
Companies reporting earnings today »
What else is happening...
CNN chief Chris Licht ousted after growing discord at news network.
Shares of Icahn Enterprises (IEP) soar, gain most in more than a month.
Restaurant stocks could get jolted by Supreme Court's student loan ruling.
GameStop (GME) stock slides after firing CEO, naming Ryan Cohen as chairman.
Coinbase (COIN) willing to take its fight with SEC to the Supreme Court, counsel says.
Affirm Holdings (AFRM) surges after Amazon (AMZN) Pay adds Adaptive Checkout.
Microsoft (MSFT) plans to offer OpenAI GPT models to U.S. federal agencies.
Google (GOOG), Salesforce (CRM) move to lure remote staff back to office.
Spirit Aero (SPR) jumps amid speculation regarding activist involvement.
Shares of Tesla (TSLA) hit yearly high in strong day for EV stocks.
submitted by upbstock
to Optionmillionaires [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 14:08 TommetjeVE Leaving for Banff and Jasper tomorrow, some final questions
Hi all! Tomorrow I will be leaving together with my mother for Banff and Jasper national park. We have everything planned out fairly well already but still have some final questions. If some of those could be answered it would really be appreciated:
- We want to do some activities but in order to not spend too much we have to make choices. What would you recommend most out of the following:
- Banff Gondola
- Hiring a bike and biking the Banff Lecacy trail from Banff to Canmore
- Columbia Icefield Adventure (including Skywalk)
- Maligne Lake Cruise
- We will spend 3 days in Calgary as this was the easiest for our planning. We will of course be exploring downtown and have also looked at the Heritage Park, but what are some other thing we could do?
- We'll be using the shuttle service to get to Lake Louise and Moraine Lake. We're planning to do this in one day, is one of the two lakes prettier in the morning / afternoon?
- Unfortunately my mother recently picked up a knee injury which means we will only be sticking to the easier hikes (lakeshore trail, Johnston canyon). Should we still bring hiking shoes for these easier trails or will normal, comfortable shoes be sufficient?
- Is it worth it to get a Canadian SIM card at the airport in order to have data or should we just rely on wifi from hotels/restaurants, since I have read that connection in the National Parks is not great anyway?
- Not really a question but any recommendations regarding good restaurants in Canmore/Banff/Jasper are always welcome!
I'll also shortly post my itinerary in case some of you want to leave feedback and suggestions on this.
Friday June 9 (Calgary):
- Arrive at Calgary airport at 13:30
- Uber or bus to hotel
- Explore downtown Calgary
Saturday June 10 (Calgary):
- Watch Champions League final at sports bar across from the hotel
Sunday June 11 (Calgary):
- Pick up rental car
- Visit Heritage Park
Monday June 12 (Canmore):
- Drive to Canmore
- Hire rental bikes and take bus to Banff (unless suggested otherwise)
- Explore Banff and bike back to Canmore on the Lecagy Trail
Tuesday June 13 (Canmore):
Wednesday June 14 (Canmore):
- Johnston Canyon
- Either Yoho national park or things we missed closer to Banff/Canmore
- Banff Gondola?
Thursday June 15 (Jasper):
- Drive the Icefield Parkway from Canmore to Sunwepta Falls Rocky Mountain Lodge.
- Do stops such as Peyto lake on the way.
Friday June 16 (Jasper):
- Jasper town
- Maligne Lake/Canyon
- Any other suggestions?
Saturady June 17 (depart):
- Leave early and drive from Jasper to Calgary airport.
Thank you very much for the help!
submitted by TommetjeVE
to Banff [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 12:18 AmmianusMarcellinus Spies' meal before tragic capsize was at Netanyahu's favorite Italian restaurant
Italian media report that the prime minister used to secretly dine at the upscale restaurant 'Il Verbanino' on Lake Maggiore; hours before their boat capsized, 13 Mossad agents and 8 Italian agents ate there, allegedly celebrating a successful operation preventing transfer of nuclear technology to Iran
submitted by AmmianusMarcellinus
to IsraeliMossad [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 12:16 TheGeekyZoologist Jurassic World: The Hegemony of Biosyn (JWD rewrite) - Act IV (1/2)
Acts I to III are available in my previous posts. This act is the longest of all and thus, I've been forced to divide it into two posts. Make sure you're comfortable. Enjoy your read!
Act IV: The Clouds Burst (1/2) Maisie's evasion
While Ramsay is secretly covering them in the control room, Wu and Theo enters Katia Lesser's lab and with Rod Drummond's unexpected help (he's tired of working for Biosyn and intend to get out of the valley), they neutralize the scientist and frees Maisie from her cell. They then cross the other secret labs within Biosyn's Citadel and we several interesting elements:
- Dissected animals are seen in one of the labs while others are suffering medical experiments.
- In one of the sections, there are ten rooms. Nine of them are empty and in the tenth one, there are nothing but locusts, which surprise Theo. However, Drummond points out they don't exactly look like ordinary locusts (they're only slightly bigger than modern locusts. They could even be portrayed by real locusts (a bit enlarged by visual tricks) if this was a film) and noticing Wu's guilty look, the two men and Maisie realize he had a role in their creation). But he doesn't have the time to give explanations about those locusts.
- Another room has a window which overlooks a large dark bunker-like hall. In its darkness, they glimpse the shape of a large theropod with raised dorsal spines and crocodile-like scutes but when he sees the creature a bit more clearly, Drummond says something like "Those idiots made their cheap Godzilla knockoff!", recognizing the creature from the short film he mentioned to Wu in the Drinking Confession scene. He calls the mysterious theropod an "Ugly bastard" and a perversion of real dinosaurs.
After the labs, they head for the metro station just as planned but due to his lame leg (in TRQ, it was pierced by one of the Indoraptor's claws), Wu can't go with them and decides to stay in order to win some time for them. He and Maisie have a last look/exchange, with the teenager finally showing Wu some genuine respect and gratitude. Wu gives Theo a flash drive, urging him to send its content to Guillaume Vuillier of the WDMC as it contains the evidences of a scourge Biosyn intend to release soon. They separate, with Wu going in the opposite direction.
While the guards are chasing Wu, Maisie, Theo and Rod enter the metro and picks one of the stations on the eastern side of Auronzo (actually one of the observation towers). The metro leave the Citadel, following the valley loop. However, the metro system was badly designed and it can only follow the loop in a clockwise direction, forcing them to make a considerable detour and waste precious minutes.
Wu is soon caught and Dodgson's arrival in the control room prevents Ramsay from further helping the fugitives. Seeing one of the metro heading east, Dodgson has it stopped halfway of its journey and orders the guards to go inside the tunnels and bring back Maisie. Aware that Wu betrayed him, Dodgson takes a tablet and activates a certain Prometheus protocol.
Underground, Maisie, Theo and Drummond are forced to leave the metro and they try to find an exit before the guards can catch them. They find a door on the side and breaking it, they enter another smaller tunnel. However, the ground is slippery and they fall, descending further down into the darkness.
When the guards sent in the tunnels tell Dodgson that they lost Maisie, the CEO has a fit of anger.
The old amber mines
After their fall, Maisie, Theo and Drummond discover that they're in the old amber mines, which Biosyn exploited until their depletion, and search for an exit. Drummond also mentions that the valley's underground is like a cheese and that he wouldn't be surprised if some tunnels lead outside of the valley, which would explain all the incidents which occurred in the past year. During their crossing of the mines, they find several human skeletons or remains. It's implied that it's all the undesirable people who trespassed into the valley (governments' and rival companies' spies, anti-Biosyn activists...).
Should the giant temnospondyl be scrapped from the frozen lake sequence, it's probably going to be included here, as there are underground rivers and reservoirs by the mines.
Aviano Air Base
At Aviano Air Base, at the very gates of the Alps, Jessica Bigelow boards a US air force helicopter which takes her to Auronzo.
Wu is brought to Dodgson, which shows him a screen. Wu is aghast as it's a Twitter feed with the following hashtag #MadScientistWu, which is trending. Dodgson then explains that he had a file containing evidences of Wu's ethical misbehaviour (his work on the Indominus and Indoraptor, and especially the use of human DNA in their making ..) be made and ready to be sent to the media at once should he betray him. His reputation being destroyed for good, Wu breaks down and Dodgson orders the guards to bring him to Dr Lesser's lab and put him in Maisie's cell. Several characters (Ramsay, Pellegrino, Chapman, Everett...) watch Wu being led away by the guards.
With Mia Everett being nearby, Dodgson declares that Biosyn shouldn't have accepted a single InGen employees within its ranks has they have been nothing but traitors and burdens, before announcing to Mia he finally decided to pull the plug on her research program, as her rival and his team have much more promising results and shall be soon covered in glory.
Raiding and Betrayal
While the afternoon reaches its end, Owen, Dougal and Kayla end up near one of the Sanctuary's seven observation towers. There's no one inside and Kayla suggest entering it to raid some of the supplies it contains. She also tells her two companions that there is a metro station beneath each of the towers, stations connected to the Citadel by the tunnels. Thinking they could infiltrate the Citadel by those tunnels, Dougal agrees with her plan and the trio enters the tower and steal the needed supplies but a drone has spotted them. Just as they are about to follow the tunnels, they notice flashlights, those of incoming Biosyn guards. They climb back to the top of the tower but a security vehicle parks in front of the building and other guards step out of it. Surrounded, the trio prepare for a siege inside the tower but just as the guards are about to enter, Kayla points her weapon on Dougal's head and tells Owen to drop his or his colleague dies.
From the nearby forest, Claire witnesses the capture of her two colleagues and watches the Biosyn Security vehicle taking Kayla and the prisoners to the Citadel while the sound of helicopters approaching can be heard.
The board arrives
The helicopter(s) transporting Biosyn's board of directors lands on the Citadel's helipad and its passengers (which include Nathan Quinn and Zoe Murdoch) are welcomed by Dodgson and Ramsay.
At the same time, Jessica Bigelow is brought to the Citadel and asks to see Dodgson but Murdoch stands in her way, claiming he's very busy. The CIA agent insists and Dodgson finally listens to what she has to say. But he wants to carry on with his event whatever happens, but reassure her as for Biosyn's most important research: They're already on a hard-drive in his office.
We cut to Owen and Dougal as they are locked up in a cell in the Security HQ. Kayla is standing outside, next to Pellegrino who's interrogating the two men about their mission and Claire's whereabouts. The smuggler reveals to the two WDMC agents that powerful friends suggested to her to let herself be arrested by the Italians as they expected they'll use her as a Trojan horse. She adds that there's nothing personal, she's just thinking about herself. While Pellegrino carries on with her questions, Kayla leaves the Security HQ and meets Bigelow by its exit (telling the audience that Kayla's powerful friends are the CIA). She asks her about their next moves and the CIA agent answers that the two of them will leave the valley with Dodgson and his escort. Back in the cell, Owen and Dougal hope Claire will succeed.
As she's nearing the Citadel, Claire is spotted by a patrol of mercenaries or a drone. They chase after her and in her flight, she ends up in an enclosed part of the Sanctuary with several paddocks and cages. Several of them contain animals and it's implied that it's where Biosyn keeps those it just acquired or bred before releasing them in the valley. One of the cages contains a tyrannosaur and just as the mercenaries are about to catch her, Claire releases the predator and the mercenaries panic, triggering the rex's attack. It kills them before turning towards Claire, who's crouched and not making a single move. The rex sniffs her lengthily and Claire notices it's the animal she saw the day before, which left the droppings she used to mask her scent... The rex leaves Claire alone and disappears in the woods, heading north while Claire heads in the opposite direction. On the way, she sees a mysterious large theropod (she and the audience have visual obstacles which prevents them from clearly seeing it but we know it's the one from the bunker under the Citadel) being transported towards the western part of the valley.
In the besiegers' camp
While the sun is setting, a meeting is held in one of the besiegers camp's tents. Among the attendees are Vuillier, Nyamu, Viscontini, the leader of the Carabinieri Colonel Orlando Pasolini, and those of the Italian and Austrian Special Forces (and Pazzi through videoconference as he's still in Rome). They're talking about Biosyn's defenses and forces, the species which might be encountered in the Sanctuary, eventual negotiation strategies, the WDMC agents' mission, the grey guards who are in the valley and currently heading to the Citadel... Argument breaks out as some (like Pazzi) advocates for an immediate offensive, to surprise Dodgson and prevent him from fleeing or preparing some nasty surprise, while others want to wait until dawn, to let time for the grey guards and the eventual surviving WDMC agents to accomplish their mission in addition of avoiding sending men in a valley full of deadly animals in the dark of the night. Pazzi is for an immediate offensive and gives his blessing to colonel Pasolini.
Worried about the fate of his agents, Vuillier contacts the grey guards, which are already heading to the Citadel, following a path in the uplands.
The US spies
From a nearby wood, some people are seen spying the camp and northern entrance of Biosyn's lands. We cut to a meeting room inside the CIA's headquarters at Langley where Gibbon and his colleagues just received news that an offensive is about to start at Auronzo. Some ask the head of the DSD news about his agent inside Biosyn's Citadel.
Open the gates
Bigelow, with Ramsay's help, is trying to persuade Dodgson to cancel the event, take the hard-drive with the key research, and secretly evacuate Auronzo before ordering the control room to open the gates and let the Italian authorities in. While those would be searching through the Citadel, they would leave the area by the mountains before heading to a secret safehouse. Dodgson complains that the only help the US government sends is her but she mockingly retorts that the US won't risk a war with Italy and Austria just because of him and that had he been more careful, all that mess wouldn't have happened.
Watching footage of the besiegers' camp, Dodgson finally orders the opening of the northern gate. He and Ramsay then go to the auditorium, where Biosyn's board and other important figures are waiting for the CEO.
Believing Dodgson finally surrendered, Colonel Pasolini and most of his Carabinieri enter Biosyn's lands while the Italian and Austrian Special Forces remain in the camp. After passing by the mercenaries (who were ordered by Dodgson to stand down) and the airstrip, the convoy enters a narrow pass through the mountains, the same one through which the hunters were brought to the Sanctuary.
In the Citadel's auditorium, Dodgson begins his presentation with a speech about how dinosaurs and other de-extinct animals were used since InGen first cloned them. At the same time, all the non-essential employees are gathered in the cafeteria and locked there by the mercenaries on his orders while others are deployed in some of the Citadel's most strategic locations (the control room, the labs' entrance...)
Meanwhile, the Carabinieri convoy has entered the Sanctuary and following the main road to the Citadel, they pass by the lake seen in A bed in the trees scene and several animals, including predators, which do nothing but watch the convoy. Drones are seen flying above the Italian vehicles. However, just as the Citadel is visible in the distance, the convoy stops when the first vehicle notices that a fallen tree is lying across the road. While it's quite large, said tree is still light enough to be moved by a group of people and with a lot of effort. Colonel Pasolini orders for a certain number of his men to get out and move the tree out of their way but while they start accomplishing their task, the Carabinieri feels the ground trembling beneath their feet and they and those still in the vehicles see ripples in the water puddles along the road. A racket starts to be heard in the woods on both sides of the road and in the distance, trees can be heard being jostled or even falling. Aware that large dinosaurs must be nearby, Pasolini orders his men to get back inside the vehicles and to the last in the convoy to return to the last crossroads and search another way to the Citadel. But just as said vehicle turns around, a tree falls across the road, larger than the one ahead of the convoy. The latter is now stuck between the two fallen trees and when they see human silhouettes running away from the one behind the convoy, the Carabinieri realize that they've fallen into an ambush (hearing the Carabinieri's communications on the radio, Vuillier and Viscontini wonder what treachery Dodgson has planned). Meanwhile, the drones have returned over the convoy and the racket in the woods gets closer and closer and the people in the convoy glimpse three large necks rising from the forest: argentinosaurs, charging argentinosaurs. Frightened at such a sight, the Carabineri are struck with fear and just as the sauropods are about to burst out of the forest at any second, a dreadful booming sound (similar to that of the orcs horns in Battle of the Five Armies; or the reapers' sound from the Mass Effect series) comes from speakers on some nearby elevation and in response, the sauropods let out a deafening bellow heard across much of the Sanctuary. Before they can take action, the Carabinieri are attacked by the argentinosaurs and their suite of small predators.
In the control room, Pellegrino witnesses the attack through some drone visuals and is wondering how it happened. She orders the technicians to send a signal in the sauropods' brain chips (during the Inspection scene at the beginning of the story, Pellegrino explain to the group that the Sanctuary animals are chipped) in order to make them stop but when they try to send the signal, the get an error notification, and one of the technicians say that either the chips fried and are driving the animals mad, or they were hacked. Pellegrino then asks to deactivate the aerial defense system to let the besiegers fly their helicopters into the valley but she's told that some program recently inserted prevent them from doing that for the entire duration of the prenstation. Powerless, the head of security watches the argentinosaurs crushing vehicles and men under their feet, and their suites of small predators harassing them. She's even more surprised when a few Ankylosaurus (first glimpsed in the news montage when the report talks about "tailored dinosaurs". Compared to those from the fossil record and those made by InGen, those Ankylosaurus are bigger and more high-legged, giving them enhanced mobility. Design-wise, it's basically the one from the actual JW films, albeit perhaps more intimidating) join the fray. Having suspicions, she head for the auditorium.
After learning that Pasolini and his Carabinieri fell into an ambush, an offensive is launched against the walls of Biosyn lands. Vuillier and Viscontini watch the Italian and Austrian Special Forces engaging the mercenaries defending the walls by the airstrip. They hope they'll soon make a breach so they can reach the convoy before it's too late (they know they can't send helicopters due the pterosaurs acting as the Citadel's aerial defense).
In the valley, one of the Carabinieri notice that the animal isn't acting on its own will (it's seen blocking its movements for a short moment, like someone resisting to a possession) and even seems in pain.
We cut to the auditorium and his observation is confirmed, with Dodgson explaining to the board of directors that thanks to chips (originally designed by Mantah Corp but Dodgson being Dodgson, he doesn't mention that and instead give the credit to the team rival of Mia's), they can control the animals like puppets. He precise that while the chips work well on some animals, trials have failed with others (like the raptors). On the auditorium's giant screen, various diagrams and footage of trials are seen.
We then follow another POV, that of technicians inside a command centre-like room. The technicians are sitting in front of monitors and each of them is seen typing on keyboards, giving instructions to the argentinosaurs' and ankylosaurs' chips (on the monitors, the audience can notice that they give names to each of the animals. For example, the three Argentinosaurus are named Brontes, Steropes, and Arges; after three of the cyclops from Greek Mythology). Through their drones or even micro cameras attached to the dinosaurs, they see the Carabinieri fleeing northwards while some of the Italians retaliate to the attack by shooting on the dinosaurs. But their weapons are ineffective against the argentinosaurs' hide and the ankylosaurs' armours. On the order of a mercenary officer, the technicians send a second wave of animals.
The speakers make once again their awful booming sound, exacerbating the animals' aggressiveness, and the second wave emerges from the forest. Before the scene cuts, we see it's made of, among other things, a Gigantoraptor (named Jabberwocky on its controlling technician's monitor), a couple of Quetzalcoatlus, probably some medium-large theropods like Allosaurus or Carnotaurus, a Biosyn Triceratops, and maybe even some Hyaenodon/sabre-toothed felid (depends on which will appear in the fighting pit in Malta) and Gigantopithecus recently imported to Auronzo. Many of those new attackers wear armor pieces comparable to those of police and military dogs or horses.
In the auditorium, the giant screen ends up showing the battle occurring in the valley. Dodgson's audience gasps when they see the drones' footage. One of the board members ask: "It's from a video game? Right?"
NOTE: I fear that there might be too many animals and different species involved in the battle. The mandatory ones are the following: Argentinosaurus (maybe have more than three individuals? The Brontes-Steropes-Arges trio could be seen charging abreast, evoking from afar a single three-headed gigantic beast) and their suite, Triceratops (which will illustrate itself soon and show how it's different from InGen's trikes), Gigantoraptor (in order to have a faster and more agile creature in the lot), and another player foreshadowed in earlier scenes (you'll know which when we'll return to the battle).
Sneaking into the Citadel
While battle just broke out further west, a Biosyn guard posted by a large gate carved at the base of the mountain near the Citadel spots a hooded silhouette under the trees: Claire. She retreats into the darkness and as a huge reward has been promised to anyone who would capture Vuillier's she-wolf, he runs after her. However, just like the colleagues she killed the day before, she lures him into an ambush and neutralizes him. She then steals his uniform and badge, and use the latter to open the gate, entering in an underground corridor, large enough to allow the transportation of large animals like the mysterious big theropod she glimpsed earlier. She follows it towards the Citadel.
Unbeknownst to her, the grey guards have also started their infiltration in the Citadel, by walking down the slopes behind the central tower. After neutralizing the few Biosyn guards positioned there, they enter the garden around the tower. In the latter's shadow, they split up in four groups, each heading into different parts of the Citadel:
- Cesare, Olivares and another are tasked with entering the labs.
- Perez, Al-Damiri and a third team member must take over the control room at the top of the tower.
- Chapuy and two others are tasked with searching the archives under the tower and preventing anyone from destroying the documents.
- Massoud, Kapakas and Papadopoulos must find the cells and free the WDMC agents if they're there.
The Battle of Auronzo
Following the road, the retreating Carabinieri reach the Valley's main river and the bridge the convoy crossed on the way just a few minutes ago. However, a controlled animal charging from the other side of the river prevents the first Carabinieri from taking it and they are forced to cross the cold waters of the river itself (it's thigh-deep at best) while the controlled animals are right on their heels. Several Carabinieri get killed during the crossing while some of their colleagues are cut off from them and must escape into the woods on the southern side of the river. Luckily, the controlling technicians didn't notice them. Once Pasolini and his remaining men are all on the other side of the river with the few vehicles they could have gotten out of the ambush site, the controlling technicians have their animals stopped just at the edge. A last animal codenamed Quasimodo arrive on the battlefield, a large Biosyn-made predator which visually, looks like a perversion of the real animal which makes up its base genome: It's the monstrous theropod from the bunker, an Acrocanthosaurus whose DNA was spliced with that of other animals, including crocodile (due to the croc fetish of some Biosyn executives) in order to be bigger and more "Monstrous and cooler-looking" than InGen's Acrocanthosaurus (yes, it's just JWD's Giganotosaurus with a different name). The apex predator makes his way through the other animals, which are seen looking at him with fright (in case of the smaller species) or irritation (in case of the Argentinosaurus and the other megaherbivores) but still controlled, they can't run away or fight it. As they're not controlled by the chips, the members of the Argentinosaurus' suite are showing aggression and one of them dares to attack him, but Quasimodo just grabs it in the air and eats it, discouraging the others from attacking as long as the sauropods won't. Quasimodo then stops in front of the bridge and looks at the Carabinieri on the other side. Confronted to this surreal sight, Pasolini don't know if they shall continue their retreat northwards or wait and hope for reinforcements' arrival.
While the animals are eerily standing still by the river, Dodgson exposes an idea to the board: They will bred new animals which aren't in their official catalogue, secretly release them in various parts of the globe, create "controlled" incidents and then get contracted by governments to capture the animals (capture which will be very easy with the chips, barely an inconvenience...) and send them to Auronzo. Biosyn will be both the disease and the cure, getting profits from this endless cycle of incidents and capture and obtaining absolute control on genetic power while their remaining competitors will die one by one. Basically, they'll soon become the equivalent in the Bio-engineering world of the British East India Company, something InGen aspired to be before crumbling. The CEO adds that his friends within the US government are already very interested by this technology.
Hidden in a technical room right behind the auditorium's stage, Pellegrino heard Dodgson bragging about controlling the animals. Realizing that he's so mad that he is slaughtering her fellow countrymen just to sell a technology, she takes a potentially fatal decision.
Back at the camp near the airstrip, Viscontini tells Vuillier that someone within the Italian government must have warned Dodgson, explaining how he got the time to do his nasty preparations. As the Special Forces just defeated the mercenaries guarding the northern entrance of Biosyn's lands and took the airstrip, Vuillier and Nyamu join them, asking for a weapon and climbing into one of their vehicles, refusing to stay safely in the camp while their friends and colleagues are in danger of death within the valley.
The speakers let out a third blast and hearing it, the few Carabinieri south of the river turn towards its origin. They see the speaker and an movable antenna on a nearby ridge and are aware that it must have something to do with the animals' unnatural behaviour. They rush towards it, hoping to save their comrades.
Irritated by the third blast, the controlled animals stamp and growl/bellow for a moment, before their controlling technicians orders them to move forward, as they were ordered to crush the Carabinieri before the arrival of their allies. While the other animals cross the river, Quasimodo the monstrous Acrocanthosaurus takes the bridge, accelerating his pace little by little before roaring and dashing on the Carabinieri. Aware that they'll be all slaughtered within a few minutes if they just stand there, Pasolini ordered to his men a few moments before to scatter in every direction and flee as long as possible in order to win time while the remaining vehicles will be either used to carry a maximum amount of men to the nearest shelter (could be the Hunting Lodge) before coming back and picking up those they can. Pasolini volunteers to stay on foot.
While flying between the speakers and the river, one of the drones spot the Carabinieri left south of the river. Noticing those troublemakers, the controlling technicians recall two of the animals from the battlefield (probably one of the Argentinosaurus and the Gigantoraptor).
On the other side of the river, the rest of the controlled animals have started attacking Pasolini and his men. The argentinosaurs charge through the forest and crush the Carabinieri like ants while their predatory auxiliaries harass them; the trike basically acts like a giant version of the boar from Australian horror film Razorback, charging, goring with its horns, and cutting off limbs with its sharp beak; Quasimodo devour several of the Italians... Colonel Pasolini ends up killed by one of the creatures and his death ruins the morale of his men who are about to rout.
Meanwhile, reactions among Dodgson's audience are varied:While some are captivated, others are not sure what to think about using the Carabinieri as guinea pigs, and one or two are disgusted. Nathan Quinn has a neutral attitude (he's interested by the technology but even if he strongly disapproves the actual demonstration and the bloodbath, he doesn't show it) while Ramsay avoid looking at the screen.
Hearing one of the Argentinosaurus bulldozing its way through the forest behind them just as they are about to reach the speakers and the antenna, the other Carabinieri start to run but during their race, they are surprised by the Gigantoraptor when it kills one of the Carabinieri, acting a bit like an oversized terror bird. They are forced to climb into a tree near a cliff's edge in order to escape it, with even another of the Carabinieri sacrificing himself to let the others climb high reach its targets, the Gigantoraptor tries to climb on the tree but to no avail, as it's too big. However, the tree bends and ends up uprooted under its assaults. Our characters are now hanging on an horizontal tree which will probably soon fall if the theropod keeps kicking it under its controller's command. They can't escape by one end as the Gigantoraptor is waiting for them and to make matters worse, the Argentinosaurus appears below the cliff and it can raise its head almost high enough to grab our characters. They can't escape.
Sneaky as a viper
After passing by the entrance of the large bunker where the monstrous Acrocanthosaurus was contained, Claire decides to pass by the vents after hearing some guards.
The Goblins of Nublar
During their journey through the amber mines, Maisie, Theo and Drummond stumble upon a lone Pectinodon. Remembering what he said earlier about the network of tunnels and its potential exits leading out of the valley, Drummond realize that the Pectinodons, and not the raptors, were involved in several of the external incidents (including the one from the Prologue). As he had to capture some of those creatures in a post-apocalyptic Nublar for Mills and Wu while he was part of Wheatley's mercenary company, Theo warns his companions about the danger of those animals. Maisie remembers having seen babies of those animals in the manor's basement along all the others Mills sold in his secret auction. The lone Pectinodon let out a series of calls and soon, an entire pack threatens our protagonists.
Ensue a scene where they have to repel them (Drummond tries to use the portable horn he has in his bag in order to scare the pectinodons but they're not impressed) and flee. However, Theo is bitten during that scene and his two companions notice this during a brief moment of respite. Maisie hopes they could perhaps find some cure but Theo answers that while one exists, they won't reach it in time. He adds that the venom will drive him mad (as seen in JPTG and mentioned in TRQ) and turn him into a danger for them. While his mind is still clear, he give Wu's flash drive to Maisie, has farewell words with her, asks Drummond to take care of her, and then runs back to where they came from, intending to win some time for them. While Maisie and Rod flee, Theo stands in the tunnel, preventing the pectinodons from going any further. He battles them to the death, taking several to the grave with him. An alternative could be him attracting a maximum of pectinodons in a room where he either provokes a crumbling, either a flooding, something that kills Theo and his attackers.
Finding a ladder, Maisie and Drummond follows it and climb out of the mines, narrowly escaping the pectinodons. They are back to the surface, somewhere in the northern part of the valley, not far from the dam. The palaeontologist then takes the traumatized teenager to the nearest tower, where they rest and resupply for a time.
Turning the Tide
Just as hope seems lost for the Carabinieri in the western part of the valley, a group of Shantungosaurus steps out from the forest and when the speakers on the trailer let out another blast to infuriate the controlled Gigantoraptor and Argentinosaurus nearby, the hadrosaurs, pissed by the sound made, attack the speakers and in the process, destroy also the antenna which sends the signals to the controlled animals' chips.
Freed of the mercenaries' control, the animals stop for a moment and most being scared by the gunshots or having no interest in killing the humans in front of them, just leave. However some like the Triceratops or Quasimodo carry on with their attacks due to their natural instincts but when the Special Forces finally arrive from the north, they hesitate and after being intimidated by the newcomers, they retreat and disappear in the forest' darkness. The surviving Carabinieri start to rally to their allies.
Witnessing the shift in the situation, Dodgson is frustrated and leaves the auditorium, tasking Ramsay with trying to reassure the board. He calls Bigelow, telling her to meet him at his office. On the way, the CEO is cornered by Pellegrino and some of her men, mostly Italians, who point their pistols on him. The head of security tells Dodgson he's under arrest and orders him to cease this madness and surrender to the authorities. However, the putschists are surrounded in their turn by Dodgson's bodyguards and some mercenaries, and all except Pellegrino are gunned down. While she is neutralized and taken to the cells, Dodgson hurries to the Citadel's central tower. By the entrance of his office, Bigelow and Kayla are waiting for him. They enter his office and Dodgson starts cleaning his computer and putting his most precious belongings in a bag, including the hard-drive with Biosyn's most important research. The CEO also orders some men to destroy the archives.
At the top of the tower, Isabella Perez, Sherif Al-Damiri and their companion reach the control room and while they're securing it, Vincent Chapuy and his two comrades have to fight the men sent by Dodgson to the archives. Perez orders the technicians to deactivate the aerial defense system and the pterosaurs are seen moving away, letting the Special Forces (accompanied by Viscontini) fly to the battlefield. A couple of their helicopters go directly to the Citadel, engaging the mercenaries defending it.
While the dead or wounded Carabinieri are taken off the valley before the scavengers show up, the others regroup and with the Special Forces' ground forces, march to the Citadel where they intend to soon end the battle. Vuillier contacts Cesare, asking him about his progress. Cesare and his two companions haven't yet entered the labs, as Dodgson deployed seasoned mercenaries and not simple guards at their entrance, offering a hard resistance.
While the Citadel's defenders are engaged with the Special Forces dropped by the helicopters, Armand Massoud, Angelos Papadopoulos and Lydia Kapakas enter the Security HQ and free Owen and Dougal after a small fight with the gaolers. Pellegrino is also freed. The Raptor Whisperer asks one of the gaolers where Victoria is. She's in the kennels, in the lower levels. While Owen rushes to the kennels, the three grey guards, Dougal and Pellegrino head for the atrium.
Running out of time (his computer is having some issues), Dodgson sends his last forces to the Citadel's atrium, where a shootout occurs. With the cafeteria no longer guarded, the non-essential employees try to break out. Meanwhile several Biosyn guards drop their weapons and surrender when they see Pellegrino collaborating with the besiegers.
Dodgson's joker card
The defenders lose ground and as they are about to be caught between the Carabinieri, the Italian and Austrian Special Forces, the Massoud-Kapakas-Papadopoulos trio and Pellegrino's followers, one of the Biosyn guard calls for a ceasefire. The fight stops and Dodgson appears on top of the stairs which lead to the main courtyard. Bigelow, Kayla and his bodyguards are with him (while Ramsay is seen arriving from the Auditorium) and Dodgson has his bag with him. Seeing the CIA agent, the trio of grey guards hurls threats and insults at her, declaring she'll pay for Digby who died in Malta because of her treachery.
Dodgson look at his enemies: Vuillier, Nyamu and Viscontini down in the atrium, standing in front of the Carabinieri; the grey guards, Dougal and Pellegrino on one of the floors. He talks to them, congratulating them for taking the valley from him, before adding that they won one battle but not the war. Just as he is about to get arrested, he unveils his joker card: Should he be imprisoned or killed, his agents abroad have the order of releasing the content of nine containers he sent across the globe: Swarms of genetically-modified locusts designed to eat every crop but Biosyn's (a montage show trucks carrying the same containers as those seen in the airstrip. They park in the countryside of the following regions: US Midwest, India, Burkina Faso, Tanzania, Egypt, China, Argentina, Australia, and Germany). Should the locusts be freed, they would trigger a global famine, with people being forced to turn to Biosyn if they want to eat. Even if Dodgson doesn't leave Auronzo alive, Biosyn will have a future as it will be the only entity which could ensure mankind's survival in this apocalyptic scenario.
Meanwhile, three helicopters arrive from the opposite side of the valley. At first, it's believed that they are others Special Forces helicopters but as no one on the besiegers' camp ordered them to head for the Citadel, some try to contact the oncoming aircrafts, to no avail. Fearing some ill shift in situation, Vuillier suggest his allies to take cover. One of the besiegers' helicopter tries to intercept the trio of helicopters but they shoot it down and it crashes in the eastern part of the valley, near one of the observation towers. Everyone in the atrium is surprised, including Dodgson, and rushes to shelter while two of the helicopters fire missiles in several of the Citadel's key locations, including the atrium, the helipad (destroying the board's helicopters) and the cafeteria, and spray the control room (Perez is hit while one of the technician accidently release the animals contained in the kennel when he falls dead head first on his console. The freed animals not only include Victoria but also dilophosaurs among other things). After that, they distract those of the besieging forces and attack the Citadel's defenders. Many casualties are inflicted among the besiegers and Biosyn employees.
Dodgson regains consciousness just after the attack, which killed his bodyguards and projected Bigelow and Kayla away. Next to him, Ramsay is still unconscious. He sees the third helicopter of the attackers landing in the courtyard and debarking a squad of armed men who directly rushes to the laboratories. As soon as they're gone, Dodgson grabs his bag, wakes Ramsay up, and takes advantage of the situation to escape, towards the nearest elevator. He chose one of the lower levels, that of the garages. The elevator blocks itself halfway and the two Biosyn executives must force their way out while chaos has taken over the rest of the building.
submitted by TheGeekyZoologist
to JurassicPark [link] [comments]
2023.06.08 11:20 urmomagayy How good is the fishing in gull lake?
My family camps at Sandy point on gull lake every summer and I wanna get into fishing, is the fishing good there? What can I catch? What lures/bait should I buy?
submitted by urmomagayy
to CampingAlberta [link] [comments]