Hbo max not working xbox one
Ben 10 subreddit!
2012.06.15 19:27 sat0n101 Ben 10 subreddit!
A subreddit for all things related to the Television show Ben 10 (incl. Alien Force, Ultimate Alien, Omniverse, & the Reboot)
2010.07.26 22:21 STEPHYmarie One Tree Hill
A subreddit dedicated to the American teen drama television series that aired from 2003 to 2012.
2011.08.27 08:42 HBO's Euphoria
HBO's Euphoria: A group of high school students try to discover their own identities while dealing with drugs, trauma, love, and social media.
2023.05.30 06:32 burningatbothends46 In-law trouble
My husbands parents had his truck for a few weeks while he was at work and they returned it today. I found a pink hairbrush in there and it just completely triggered me. My husband recognized this and reached out to them letting them know it wasn’t okay to borrow his truck and leave their stuff in it. On one hand I’m grateful that he did that but now I’m worried I seem crazy and controlling and have trust issues (which I obviously do lol). But this isn’t the first time and I almost feel like they do stuff like this on purpose to stir the pot and rile me up.
before DDay One time I found a Tarte concealer in our bathroom and was like who’s is this because it’s not mine? And he asked his mom and she said oh yeah that’s mine! Might be a lipstick there too! And I said why would it be in our master bathroom? Turns out it was actually MY moms from when she stayed over, and my MIL doesn’t even use that brand (MaryKay) so I know she was lying about it just to cover for her son.
Another time they were borrowing his truck again when he was out of town for work and when he got back there was a little stuffed penguin in it, the kind with the sparkly eyes that are on the corner of grocery store aisles. I was kind of suspicious of it and he called his mom to put me at ease and sure enough she said it was from her.
post DDay I’m so strung out from all the gaslighting that sometimes I feel downright paranoid, but I also know she likes to play games with me. I think I just need some validation or virtual hugs 😔
submitted by burningatbothends46
to PornFreeRelationships [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 06:31 Kylestien Dumb "Where are they now?" thing for Advance Wars 2.
People seemed to like the first one I did so I thought I'd do a second now I finally finished AW2. (That last mission is a bitch by the way.)
Andy: The strain of a second war had tired him. He had hoped that after the events of 1, all he'd need to do are practise drills. So when the war was finally over, he dedicated himself to improving Orange Star's early warning systems. If Black Hole rises again in another land, they'll know.
Max: Max decided that, with his extensive knowledge of tanks, he could probably improve the Neotank even if it was already technologicaly advanced. His idea of "add 300 more gun turrets to it" was however shot down by R and D, who said they'd be lucky to add 5.
Sami: Sami decided to do a recruitment drive for Orange Star after the events of the war. She figured the best way of doing that was to do more humanitarian work in the war torn nation. It did wonders to both fixing up the place as well as getting more people to join.
Nell: Having seen the devastation that Black Hole had caused not once, but twice, Nell decided that it would be better for an alliance between the four nations to become more official, on the offchance that they rise again under Hawke. While talks between the four leaders have not progressed past the naming stage yet, she is hopefull for progress. Her sister is still too young to join the army, but seeing Nell attempting to acheive the impossible has only inspired her further to do so.
Hatchi: Confident that he can leave Orange Star's fate in the hands of the youngen's now, he decided to keep enjoying his beach hut and business. Do not ask how he got Sturm as a hirable CO for outside the campaign. You do NOT want to know how he pulled that off. Also he might have to kill you.
Olaf: After seeing his hometown devastated in the war, Olaf was distraught. As part of the negotiations for Nell's upcoming allaince, he requested funds to repair his wartorn nation. They were granted, and Olaf also spent his own resources, even putting in hos own physical effort, to repairing the city and other places hit by the Black Hole army. The town square has been restored to it's former glory. Everyone agrees it's pretty nice.
Grit: Grit decided it would be a good idea to try and figure out if any of the resources Black Hole stole were left over, or if they were all spent. Turns out that Sturm had been keeping a horde of them in a secret base on the offchance he did in fact need to retreat and go for Round 3. Grit donated his find to the negotiations for an alliance
Colin: for his part in the war effort at such a young age, Colin was award the Medal of The Bear, one of Blue Moon's most highly venerated war medals. Not long after, he received a complaint from his men about the shoddieness of their equipment and being thrown into the meat grinder, and how it was bad for moralde. Colin listened ... kind of... and had a arcade room installed in every base. Morale has risen by 20%, but they still would have prefered guns that work.
Eagle: The saying "Great minds think alike" is an accurate one, as, much like Andy, Eagle decided to improve Green Earth's early warning systems AND their defenses, reasoning that since they got hit the hardest by Black Hole, they needed to be better prepared for next time. Every town now has it's own air base. In times of peace, they even put on air shows and fake dogfights.
Drake: Drake meanwhile did a complete overhual of Green Earth's navy, reasoning pretty much the same. He also put forwards the idea of a submersable repair drone for fixing ships up on the fly, but was told that was basicaly impossible, especialy for the already submersable submarines.
Jess: The war over and her homeland safe, Jess went back to her studies abroad. The head of the faclity was annoyed as all get out due to the fact that she had left without any warning, during the middle of a important class, and knocked over and destoryed a valuable teaching tool on the way out... but relented when told the situation. She is in great student debt for the broken tool, but is content.
Kanbei: Kanbei, while absolutely willing to form an allaince with the others, is possibly the main reason it is still in the planning stages, His request to call the alliance "Kanbei's United Army" being repeatedly declined. However, it's not all bad from him, as he is also adamdent on getting every soilder in this new united allaince the best equipment and training possible. The soilders love him for it, but both demands are slowing down talks.
Sonja: Sonja, realising the greatiest threat in their campaign was the genious scientist Lash, begain her oqn quest: to either hunt down and kill Lash, or recruit her for Gold Comet. Honestly, after her little taunts dug a bit too deep into her soul, she was not sure which. However, despite her best efforts, she did not succed in locating her. Apparently she hid herself much better then Sturm ever did.
Sensei: After a breif trip to some remote isle for a holiday, Senset thanks the old guard for taking part in the war, and asked Kanbei to increase their pensions dramaticaly for thier effort. Such was agreed. Now Sensei can afford a nice traditional house by the beach. AND hire a jazz band for events!
Flak: Annoyed at one too many failures from him in the campaign, Hawke demonted Flak back down to private again. However, while he may have been useless as a CO, his time as such made him too effective as a private, showing cunning and ruthlesses greater then compatriots. In the end, Hawke repromoted him, deciding that a weak but well treat CO was better then a competant and power hungry up and comer.
Lash: Lash decided to go aground, taking the effort of rebuilding by doing so from a hidden location with her Lashbots. She actualy loved the rebuiilding process more then the devastation it caused, a revelation that surprised her, even if she could not yet admit it to herself. Ironicaly, Sonja DID find her one time, but Lash desperate and out of tricks, pretended to be one of her Lashbots in the vain hope she'd just go away. Somehow, against all odds, it fucking worked. Sonja will never know how close she came...
Adder, being terrified after the threats made to him by Sensei, also decided to go to ground. Having built himself a hidden panic room in the middle of nowhere with some spare resources, he fled, waiting for the order from Hawke to rebuild. However, when he got to his panic room... someone had already been there, and left a gun with one bullet and a note: "It's a better option then ruining people's homes and meeting me again, sunny." Adder kept the gun, planning to shoot the old fucker with it if they DO meet again.
Sturm: Sturm is dead, but the fear of someone somehow reviving him once more was so great that the allaince agreed to take his body (Or rather, the dirt where his body was before being vaporized) and scatter them across both lands. They hope this will be enough to make sure that Sturm never rsies again.
Hawke: Hawkes whereabouts are unknown...
submitted by Kylestien
to Advance_Wars [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 06:31 SQRTLURFACE D4 Tips and tricks to save you some time! [Spoiler]
Hey folks, talked about making this post several times over the last 7 months on various subs and discords. The time feels right to go ahead and post it for everyone since a lot of content creators weren't talking about them or mentioning them either intentionally because of the various races to 100, or because it might have broken their NDA's. I feel like everyone should know about them ahead of time, especially for those of you that intend to race for the first 1,000 HC100's, but they will absolutely help the average or even casual players along their journey as well. If someone is compiling a super-list or post with the consolidation of all tips, tricks, FAQs etc, feel free to steal from this post in your creation!
(Disclaimer, It should go without saying that all of this is subject to change at any time, including my mere posting of it, so take it with a grain of salt as you explore Sanctuary. Added a spoiler tag just in case)
- Running into a new region will automatically change your "Town Portal" location when using the default town portal keybind (T). This means while exploring the world, especially at low level, you can simply crossover into a new region like the Dry Steppes and use your Town Portal keybind to teleport to Dry Steppes's main city. Doing this early will save you a ton of time in later hunting down waypoints, altars, and dungeon aspects simply for the ease of instantly porting from one region to another. Reminder though, you still need to click the waypoint physically to unlock it even when you automatically teleport to it after crossing zones. As an example, it takes roughly 8-9 minutes in game time without mount to pickup both the Dry Steppes and Scosglen main hub waypoints as of the most recent server slam test.
- Campfire XP bonuses are a sneaky XP bonus that people often forget about because they take a little time to build and to get to. Certain Strongholds, like Kor Dragan, will have campfires around them near their gates after they've been completed, and when they aren't currently being invaded (only applies to invasion event strongholds). When you find one, click the campfire and every few seconds a 1%XP buff will be granted to you, and stacks I believe 15 times in total and lasts somewhere around 10-15 minutes or so. There's a few scenarios where you can absolutely maximize this benefit to its fullest extent to significantly speed up your progress. First, when you're taking an AFK break, simply teleport to the Menestad Waypoint and take the 25 second ride/40 second walk to Kor Dragan (assuming its been completed and not under invasion) and click the campfire and take your break. When you come back you'll have 10 stacks built, click the campfire again to get it up to 15 (automatically stops at 10 stacks per click) and then be on your way. Another way that I utilized this to incredible success was in the later game right before I'd go into a nightmare dungeon, I'd take a quick trip out to my nearest campfire (generally Kor Dragan via Menestad) and gain my 15 stacks, pop my sigil, then travel to that dungeon. By that point you have your mount so you're generally starting a nightmare tier dungeon with 11-12 minutes left on the buff, sometimes more, and with the changes to pathing design in these dungeons you should gain the full benefit of the buff through each nightmare tier dungeon you do this way. Remember to stack this buff with your XP potion!
- Don't mine nodes early on. Sounds counterintuitive right? It isn't, the materials you gain often from clicking on those ore nodes are the same materials you'll generally receive from salvaging items. Currently there really isn't anything in game that utilizes these materials, at least not in the early game, other than the blacksmith with gear upgrades, and you won't want to be upgrading your gear early on anyways. The amount of time you'll save by not clicking every early game ore node is absolutely massive. Wait until you're on your mount before you start clicking on them to get your titles and achievements. If they just happen to be in your path as you hoof it around the map give them a click, otherwise don't alter course to grab them.
- In complete opposition to ore nodes, pick every flower you find, especially in the early game. Flowers are mandatory for speed leveling as well as general quality of life. There are many potions available right out of the gate that significantly impact your character, all of which generally carry a 3% XP bonus to them in addition to various resistance or power gains these potions might add. On top of this, the flowers are required for your health potion upgrades which are actually quite massive as you level early on because you won't be draped in BIS level 25 legendary items farming Osgar Reede like we were in the beta tests, you're going to be in ragged rares you picked up along the way, so you won't be nearly as tough when you're clearing those Strongholds and campaign quests, so you'll benefit greatly from those health potion upgrades every 10 levels at your local alchemist.
- If you're a completionist like myself, and want to go out there and unlock every codex power relatively quickly, make sure you complete a codex unlocking dungeon on each alt character you intend to play for the pre-season and subsequent seasons. The way the game works is that you automatically unlock the occultist at level 25, however, there's an additional mechanic that automatically unlocks the occultist and the codex of power intently upon unlocking that character's first codex power via dungeon completion. This comes in handy later if, like me, you intend to main one class but also play several alts to keep the game fresh or breakup the monotony of the leveling grind. Eventually you'll get to a point long before level 100 where gambling obols is just significantly more valuable on your alts, and having unlocked the occultist early on at level 10 or 12 or whatever for those alts will massively increase the efficiency in playing alts once you've fully unlocked the whole codex for them. Imagine how much faster you'll blast through the game when your alts have full "legendary" powers from the codex at level 12 with a relatively comprehensive build, its significant.
- On the subject of alts, you really should make them, especially if you intend to play long hours in the late game. The Tree of Whispers is one of, if not the most significant portion of your end game loop later in the game, simply because of its often dual benefit gains from completing various events around Sanctuary, such as World Bosses, Dungeons, PVP zones, etc. What people don't know, yet, is that the truly valuable grim favor quests have diminishing returns on value the more you complete them, as the available quests are front-loaded with longer duration events like World Bosses and Dungeons, but when repopulated, are generally lowest value and lowest priority, like doing those random world events we saw around the world in the betas. Here's where alts come in. Every character has their own independent grim favors tracking system, so once you clear all the juicy 3-5 favor reward events on your main, you can move over to your alt (the ones we've now geared with full codex powers) to efficiently blow through those tasks. This is important because the cache rewards from the Tree of Whispers can include things like sigils, elixirs, gear, and other various materials which can all be used by your mains. Moreover, the weekly world boss chest is also separate for all characters, allowing you to fully maximize the benefit of your character list by doing one world boss per character per week for slightly better loot rewards. Remember, we run world boss primarily for prisms to add sockets on gear, and those are materials which are shared across your account.
If I think of anymore that are relatively unique or haven't been mentioned enough I'll add to them so long as I have the character limit, feel free to add your own the comments as well.
(admittedly I am quite distracted and busy heading into launch but I'll try my best).
submitted by SQRTLURFACE
to diablo4 [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 06:31 Lower-Beat-351 My first time
"the abyss of unending anxiety"
I had only just recently started weed again as I had a traumatic experience with it years ago when I tried it the first time which pretty much scared me away from the substance for a very long time- I pretty much thought I was a tough guy and thought hell why not and took a fat 10 second rip off of my friends cart and proceeded to go running around in the woods at midnight- yeah genius I know.
Anyways enough about that I had been using marijuana for a solid two or three months now and I figured I had completely mastered the substance and was ready for the next level naturally shrooms were the next on the list for me and being the cautious person I am, I decided to do all of the research I could on shrooms in order to prepare myself for what was to come from them. little did I know nothing could have prepared me for what happened that night. I had finally finished my research which was composed of mostly trip reports by vivec and tales from the trip as well as some research online about the affects, the duration of the high, strains how much to take etc. When I decided it was time to begin preparing myself mentally for what was to come. my research had told me that mindset and where you are in life at the moment played a key role in how the trip was going to go, so I began listening to smooth Jazzy music and just generally making an effort to stay positive for a week leading up the time I had planned to take them, I was at a friend's house hanging out with 2 friends one being my best friend of 5 years Who I will call N and the other a friend of N's who I had only hung out with a couple times before. we were playing Halo, talking and passing around a bong packed with high quality Mary-Jane that I had brought when the subject of shrooms came up, I knew these two both had connections to people who would definitely have access to hard drugs. the dealers I knew only had access to marijuana so I asked them both "how much would i have to pay for 4 Grams of shrooms" to which our mutual friend replied it's about 10$ a gram for us man but being your not a regular it will likely be more" I asked them if they could buy them so I could get a discount to which the both agreed they would do. 3 days later after I had given them 40 bucks for the shrooms I came and picked them up and stared at them when I got home taking in every detail so I could match them up to what they said the strain was which was enigma or Omni shrooms which are an extremely potent and rare mutant of 3 very powerful strains of shrooms.
I had N come over to be my trip sitter as he had 2 prior experiences with shrooms before. Both of which he told me he never saw anything but he did tell me he laid down in the grass outside of his house and stared at the sky for 2 hours mind you he had done 5gs of the stuff and said it was the same strain I was getting I was surprised by this and asked our mutual friend about his experience on the stuff with a similar dosage he said that he had a blast but he too never had any hallucinations. I was a bit confused and let down by this as I had expected alot more from a said powerful mutant of 3 shrooms. The day I had planned to take the shrooms I had woken up and carried out my regular routine of making a coffee and I reminded myself that I only needed to eat breakfast and a small one at that to ensure the shrooms worked at peak potential. As I ate my breakfast and scrolled through my phone listening to peaceful jazz and scrolling through many many happy birthday wishes- see I had just turned 18 and I thought to myself "wow what a time for my first psychedelic experience" I played need for speed and awaited N's arrival I had planned on taking them around 6pm to get a good amount of day time and night time in my trip. When N finally arrived it was around 5:30pm "perfect I thought as I looked up from my Xbox and at the clock when I heard my dogs barking at the arrival of my friend he walked into my room we said our greetings and shortly after I went to get some honey as I had heard that the shrooms would taste horrible I also poured me a decently sized glass of tea and put it into a thermos as I thought to myself "gonna be 6 hours so I better be ready" I brought them both into my room and set them on my dresser as I pulled the shrooms from my drawer examining them as my mom walked in she asked me what they were- I told her they were the shrooms I had told her about doing as I tell her everything and had talked to her about it before I even purchased them. She said alright and wished me good luck. I looked at my friend with a wide grin on my face and said "here we go". I then dipped the brain resembling shrooms into the honey generously Dunking them to avoid the bad taste as I ate them chunk by chunk I realized they didn't even taste that bad almost like a honey comb but without the honey taste I even ate the last chunks with no honey at all N suggested we could play halo while I'm still functioning and he could switch to his call of duty when I began tripping and explained to me it's best to be in a very comfortable position when they begin kicking in. I gladly took him up on the offer.
The trip: everything was normal for the first 15 minutes until I started to feel like something was off it wasn't uncomfortable but I began feeling of warmness and almost a low level weed high I told N about this. He said that it wasn't normal for anything to start happening this early as it normally takes 30 minutes to an hour for them to kick in. I wasn't swayed by this and I continued gaming. 30 minutes in- this is when they really started to kick in I was still playing the game when I began feeling this out of place and uncomfortable tightness in my chest and left arm I thought this was odd but I decided not to let it affect me. Then I looked down at the carpet in my room and noticed my first visuals the carpet was beginning to move and wiggle about resembling that of waves of water I thought this was amazing so I continued staring when I noticed my friend staring at me with a slight smile on his face "you good?" He said with a Chuckle to which I replied to him "the carpet is moving bro" we both laughed and continued playing the game. The tightness in my chest was becoming more powerful but I was still resisting the urge to acknowledge it because I wanted this to be a good experience. I looked at the carpet again and noticed it was now making patterns folding in on itself and it never stopped moving. Every once in a while a streak of purple would run through the carpet which to me was extremely beautiful I told N that I wish he could see the carpet as I see it he told me that it was likely time to begin his game and let me lay down I agreed and began to lay down as he set up his playstation to my TV this is when the most strange thing happened I looked at my dog Lucy and she was beginning to wave like the ocean her fur flowed like water but she appeared to be completely still and normal I got this overwhelming feeling of love and happiness from Lucy so I began hugging her and telling her that I loved her my dog didn't move and I imagine my friend was thinking "oh he's tripping now" I had the urge to urinate so I got up and walked towards the door of my room N stopped me asked me where I was going and if I was ok I told him "No I'm fine I just need to use the restroom" as I stood up the affects really began kicking in I felt an intense wave of euphoria go through my body I began laughing for no reason and Headed towards the bathroom when I got there I looked at myself and the mirror and noticed my pupils were so wide that I had lost all of the green color in my eye instead it was replaced with the black pupil I thought this was hilarious for some reason, as I stared I slowly began looking like a cartoon with massive eyes as I laughed and looked at myself in the mirror once I was done I went to go urinate when I began the toilet suddenly began to get further and further away and began distorting in an odd and wavy kind of way I remember this vividly and told N about it the next day. As I left the bathroom back into my room I saw N playing call of duty I sat down. Which now I realize was a bad choice as I should have laid back down and surrendered to the intense euphoria going through me it was around and hour into the trip now. I looked away from the screen that my friend was playing and back down to the beautiful carpet it was making patterns just like before but far more intense and the movement was more angular I got lost staring at the carpet and the patterns began becoming more and more obvious as I stared I began being completely mesmerized by the patterns in the carpet till the point they became all encompassing. after almost 10 whole minutes staring into the carpet I finally looked back up at my friend his face began distorting and moving I recognized who he was but he looked different now the tightness in my chest was back and it was becoming overwhelming i decided not to move back to my bed and delt with the tightness I watched my Friend play his game and I noticed that every time that a tree or any form of pattern showed up in the game it began folding in on itself and fractalizing I didn't pay much attention to it until the soldiers in the game began loading up into a military transport vehicle I remember the camo on the truck was moving by moving I mean the individual splotches of color were sliding across up and down the truck this was odd as I would have expected it to fractalize like every other pattern. I decided that smoking a bowl with my friend would perhaps mellow out the trip we passed the bong a couple times, This is when the tightness in my chest became too much and I told my friend I was going to lay down and take a nap to which he replied "ok" as I laid in my bed covered in comforters and too many pillows to count the tightness began manifesting as deep and painful anxiety I couldn't get comfortable so I decided fuck this I'm gonna sleep anyway the dreams will be better than this. I've never been more wrong in my life. In this part of the trip approximately 2 and a half hours in I can't be positive whether I was asleep or if I had entered a state of paralysis and vivid closed eye hallucinations I was still listening to the jazz and it too became part of the painful anxiety I was experiencing I angrily threw my headphones never opening my eyes saying this shit doesn't work over and over again, this shit doesn't work, this shit doesn't work, this is when everything became quiet and I entered what I will call the abyss of unending anxiety. I wouldn't say I forgot who I was like the ego death I had heard so much about but I definitely stopped caring who I was I tried reminding myself saying my name over and over again my friend told me that he was actively trying to comfort me in this stage but to no avail. In this abyss, I stayed for what felt like years I felt as if I was but a grain of sand and a heaping monstrosity of anxiety as large as reality itself was crushing me from all directions. A feeling I will never forget. I was in mental anguish and felt I was going to be stuck there for eternity I also had this odd feeling that I was being watched and that this was all for a reason. However I began to miss my girlfriend and my mom my friend told me after I was sober that I kept repeating I love my girlfriend and talking about missing my mom. I stayed there, insignificant, in pain and hopeless. Until I woke up mid sentence with my friend talking about my girlfriend "she's definitely better than your other choices" he said. Slowly coming back to reality I replied "yeah.. she really is, I hope to marry her you know?" A hint of positivity began coming back. I was extremely happy about this and decided to take my chance now that I was not not being pinned by crushing anxiety you might think I am being dramatic but I was litterally immobilized by This dread. I got up and walked to my mom's room hugged her and told her that she was my reason for existence I stayed there not understanding what she was saying to me hugging her feeling an amazing wave of love and positivity pulsing through me I was alive happy and loved once I was sure I was going to be ok I walked back to my room where my friend met me shortly after he said he was looking for me worried, I then told him all was fine now and I had it figured out I sat down yet again and I began repeating "life is rough and existence is rough" I remember trying very hard to make some inspirational speech out of this but my brain was racing to fast to do this my friend turned on some of his own jazz music and I sat there listening to the beautiful music it was true bliss I loved it I told him that he was a great guy and that he was my best friend he thanked me and changed the song my sister came in and began listening with us a family friend of ours also came in and began staring at me asking what it felt like I told her there was no real way to describe it she asked me if she looked funny and what it looked like I noticed she didn't look like she normally did almost a completely different person if not for her voice I wouldn't have recognized her at all. this is when I left to go use the restroom again and the same events that happened before in the bathroom completely repeated themselves almost perfectly I stared in the mirror and laughed the toilet got further and further away. "I'm tripping balls" I thought as I left the bathroom drank some water and returned to my room where my friend and my sister were talking about me tripping and his experience as my sister had never done it and was curious it's worth saying that I only know this is what they're subject was because they told me when I was sober. at the time I couldn't understand what they were saying and it sounded like a totally different language I remember the tightness was gone but there was still some left over anxiety and laying back down in my bed triggered it again though not as intense as last time it was still horrible and painful I held my pillows tightly and tried to comfort myself by humming and sometimes mumbling the lyrics to the music my friend was listening to. Approximately 4 hours into the trip I began coming down and I was slowly getting familiar feelings of the life I lived before all of this. this felt amazing as some familiarity felt told me it would all be over soon my friend asked me if I was ok and I told him "Yes I think so" this is when my sister suggested we all play Minecraft together. My Friend declined however as it was getting late and he was ready to be home. I told him goodbye and thanked him for watching me. this is when my sister set up Minecraft, I played for 10 minutes or so then I dropped the controller completely back to reality aside from some light visuals and stared at the ceiling trying to comprehend what I had just went through. for the last 2 hours of the trip I was in awe of what I had been through and walked around my house with a blanket draped over me walking around like a zombie humming too myself and thinking about what had happened in this stage I felt nothing. Nothing good, and nothing bad, just nothing. When I woke up the next morning I pondered over what happened this is when I realized what the shrooms had truly done, when I was in the abyss I had this odd feeling that I was being watched and that this was all for a reason. I thought this was odd at the time but I now realize that it was god watching over me he was watching me in pain and anguish but this wasn't a bad thing this had to happen, this is when it finally clicked in my head, God was using the mushrooms to purge the anxiety out of my life and heal me from this experience and I can't be More grateful.
Over all the good parts of the trip were very fun and even tho the abyss far overdid the good parts I still believe it was for the best and I learned a lesson, and left it better person Its been only 2 days since the trip and I feel a massive weight has been lifted off of my shoulders I know this is the absence of the anxiety which has been purged from my life. I will definitely do shrooms again but next time I will have more respect for them, and treat them as the spiritual medicine they are. To all who plan to do shrooms make sure you go in with the intention to heal yourself this is not just some drug to have fun with it is much more than that it is a tool used by God to heal us in ways regular medicine cannot and that is not to be taken lightly.
submitted by Lower-Beat-351
to shrooms [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 06:31 poseidonofmyapt Redfall V.1.02 Patch Notes (parody)
THIS IS A FUCKING PARODY/JOKE POST, IN CASE IT WASN'T FUCKING OBVIOUS, THERE ISN'T A FLAIR FOR THIS SHIT SO I AM DECLARING IT AS LOUD AS I CAN Redfall V.1.02 Patch Notes Bug fixes:
Weapon stats have been adjusted:
- Fixed a bug where NPCs would spawn outside of walls. All NPCs will now spawn in walls.
- Fixed a bug which allowed players to enter an ambulance, now player characters will only be able to jump on top of the ambulance, as intended.
- Fixed a bug which allowed Dev and his allies to teleport.
- Fixed a bug which allowed Remi to carry extra medical supplies.
- Fixed a bug which allowed Jacob to carry extra lockpicks and rewire kits.
- Fixed a bug which allowed players to open doors. All stores and houses are no longer available to enter, as intended.
Difficulty has been adjusted:
- High-End (purple) weapons now have additional stats so that you can go ahead and salvage your Unrivaled (Legendary) weapons.
- Unrivaled (Legendary) weapons now yield 90% less salvage value
- Why are you still farming legendary weapons, they have awful stats.
Thanks to overwhelming feedback, matchmaking has been introduced so that players can find groups of similar level and campaign progression:
- NPCs now announce their presence within 10,000 yards, up from 100 yards.
- Touching a ladder will kill you instantly. If you look at a ladder, you will suffer fall damage equal to 75% of your max health.
- Reduced the cost of talents by -100%, all talents now cost twice as much. A free reset has been provided for all characters.
- This is a lie.
- If you play with your friends, inevitably, one of you will be left behind because your progress will not save.
submitted by poseidonofmyapt
to redfall [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 06:30 farmer_giles91 12 Days Honeymoon in Tokyo & Kawaguchiko with tips and observations
I just had my honeymoon (originally scheduled for Jun 2020). My wife and I are in our early thirties. It’s my wife’s first time in japan while it’s my fourth. I’ve benefitted immensely from stalking Tokyo travel reddit and would like to return the favour. I’ll provide some of my tips and observations to the end (skip to the end if the itinerary doesn’t interest you), some of which I think haven’t been mentioned before.
Thank God pretty much everything went to plan, and my wife thoroughly enjoyed the trip. We spent 12 days in Japan, most of it in Tokyo and 2 nights in Kawaguchiko. Many people were surprised to know that we’d be spending most of our trip in Tokyo, but I thought it was just fine because Tokyo had a lot to offer. My wife and I aren’t big on visiting shrines or tick tourist hotspots off a checklist. We don’t shop much, but we did a lot of it simply because it’s Japan and we bought lots of quality-of-life items (not fashion) for ourselves and others. Given how much my wife really enjoyed the trip, I think others with similar interests could find something helpful too. Pre-trip planning
Planning during the trip
- Other than the hotel & flights, I booked the highway express bus to Kawaguchiko one week prior.
- Decided on the airport limousine bus to bring us from the airport to the city a few days prior.
- Studio Ghibli tickets booked one month in advance. International tickets were quickly sold out, so we used a free VPN to get onto the Japanese site which had more tickets & timings available. Simply Google translate the entire page.
- Booked a cooking class on cookly months prior.
- Did Visit Japan QR two days prior. It takes some time so do it earlier rather than later.
- Added all places of interests in a Google list, and all food places in another Google list. I tried the custom Google maps at first but didn’t feel the UI was easy to navigate.
- Planned itinerary based on location proximity, and also highlighted parts that were interchangeable in case we wanted to switch it up (which we did).
Day 0 (Wed) - Arrival at Shinjuku Airport
- The Google maps foods list was always just for consideration: if we had time or were craving something. We didn't hard-code food places into our daily plans. But when food was the primary activity (e.g. visiting Tsukiji market), we'd determine to visit particular food stalls. Otherwise, just needed to do a cursory Google review check on whether a random food place is worth eating it. As a principle, we didn't want to spend time unnecessarily queuing for food.
- I'd plan the next day's itinerary the night before, considering fatigue, interest, and proximity. I would create a brand new Google maps list for the next day, including potential food places.
- Arrived in Haneda late, about 11. Clearance was quick but baggage took 30mins. I had no choice but to cancel my airport limousine and take the metro to our hotel in Shinjuku.- I tried Apple wallet’s Suica at first. It worked seamlessly but felt that a physical metro card was just faster so I eventually switched over.- Reached after midnight, so do let your hotel know in advance if you anticipate arriving at odd hours. Day 1 (Thurs) - Shinjuku exploration
- Originally planned to visit Tsukiji on day 1, but given that we arrive late the previous night, agreed with my wife to change the plan and spend the first day doing the Shinjuku itinerary.
Day 2 (Fri) - Kappabashi St., Fabric Town, Akihabara
- Walked to a popular Tsukumen place at 11. Queued for 20mins and it was an interesting experience as there were lines of people standing right behind watching you eat. Wife said it was her best Tsukumen ever!
- Sekaido for art supplies: My wife does art so it was a haven for her. We spent a few hours there!
- Tokyu Hands Shinjuku: but two floors were under renovation.
- Omoide Yokocho: A quick walkthrough. Many tourists.
Day 3 (Sat) - Cooking class in Shinjuku, Shibuya
- Kappabashi Dougu Street: looked at kitchen supplies and to find a nice knife! (Do research on what knife you need beforehand).
- Fabric Town: My wife just passed a seamstress exam so she eagerly anticipated visiting fabric town, we spent a few hours in Tomato.
- Akihabara (Animate, Bic Camera, Gyukatsu Don): It was drizzling the entire day so it was not the most comfortable lugging that many bags around a wet Akihabara in the evening. Wife wasn’t interested but I wanted to let her experience this unique culture. Had dinner at a popular gyukatsu don (beef cutlet that you’d have to cook yourself). It was fantastic and I had never eaten it. But it was a long one hour wait.
Day 4 (Sun) - Komazawa Church, Harajuku, Shibuya
- Private cooking class in Shinjuku: Our host was great! We were invited into his cosy house and he taught us how to make Okonomiyaki, Yakisoba, and a Japanese salad. My wife absolutely loved the experience of getting to know a local and understanding his life story, Japanese culture, and some of his horror stories of guests. We got more food recs from him to understand where the locals really ate at.
- Shibuya 109: Paid $5 for a drink to have a bird’s eye view of the Shibuya crossing. It was Saturday so the people crossing was at its full force. Even if you think this is touristy, it’s amazing to see that many people like little ants crossing a street. There are several nice locations here to take some artsy shots.
- Ishibashi Music Shibuya: absolutely loved the vibe in this music store. Back home, I’ve been thinking about getting a particular keyboard but never got a chance to try it. I was able to play this particular one undisturbed and feel totally comfortable. Bought a few Japan exclusive guitar picks as gifts.
- Shibuya Tokyu Hands: This was amazing. I thought Shinjuku Tokyu Hands was the flagship store. So I only stumbled into this because I urgently needed to pee and someone said Tokyu hands had toilets. We were confused as its name was rebranded to simple Hands with a new logo. This is the Tokyu Hands to go. Each floor had 2 sub-floors so that’s a ton of floors! Lots of quality-of-life improvements one could get from this store. My wife got a buckwheat pillow.- Shibuya Loft: After Sekaido, I didn’t think there was much to look at. But Loft was very different. Similar to Tokyu hands but seems more modern and fashionable. Worth visiting together with Tokyu hands! It was late and my wife and I concluded that we didn’t have to to explore all the floors and that we’d return to Shibuya again.
Day 5 (Mon) - Tsukiji Market, Ginza Muji/Uniqlo, Tokyo station
- Church in Komazawa: not a tourist activity, but we linked up with some partners from our home church and attended service at a little church held in a nursery. It was an amazing and encouraging experience.
- Harajuku: Way too crowded. I had anticipated this as it was a Sunday, but thought to just try. Takeshita street was so packed my wife feared there would be a trample risk (it wasn’t that bad). We did queue 20mins for pretty tasty crepe. After checking out all the recommended streets (e.g. cat street, uru-harajuku), my wife simply felt that she couldn’t stand the Harajuku crowd and the vibes. So we decided to go back to Shibuya again!
- Shibuya JINS: I didn’t mention this but previously in Shinjuku and Shibuya, I had been checking out recommended optical shops in the vicinity. I had something in particular in mind. Japanese-made glasses are highly-rated, but I couldn’t find something at the right price-point. At JINS, I found a design I liked. Though not made in Japan, it cost me less than 5000 yen. Took them 1 hour to make it. For some reason I loved the vibes at Shibuya, and I earmarked it to return again later.
Day 6 (Tue) - Tokyo National Museum, Fabric town revisit, Akihabara revisit, Ochanomizu
- Tsukiji market: wanted to arrive before 8 and was 30m late. But the crowds weren’t that bad either. Everything we tried was lovely. Potato/corn fishcakes, strawberry mochi, tamago, wagyu beef, uni inarisushi, unagi. But the star was Masa burger, which we waited till 11am to try. By then, the tourist buses had come and the streets were packed. But Masa burger was in a corner and we were their first customers. The fried codfish burger + homemade ginger ale was so well done and packed with such fresh and interesting salads! It so so good we had it twice.
- Ginza Uniqlo/Muji: we wanted to take a look at some of Uniqlo’s exclusive items. Apparently they do have exclusive t-shirts for each region (e.g. Harajuku, Shibuya, Ginza). They tend to be collaborations with well-known food places in the area. However, they were always white in colour and not made-in-japan-quality. Muji was a disappointment, not a lot more than the usual.
- Tokyo Station Ghibli & Tenugui: Went to Tokyo station to check out the Ghibli store and to look for a particular traditional tenugui (Japanese towels) store as my wife were hunting these down to give as gifts.- Shinjuku Ichiran & Mister Donut: We returned to Shinjuku for Ichiran ramen, specifically at 5+pm. No crowds at all. Yummy! We then saw a Mister Donut, and recalled news in our home country that when it first opened, people queued 5 hours for it. We thought to try it to see what the fuss was all about. Cash only, but the donuts were wonderfully textured and not too sweet. My wife doesn’t like sweet stuff, but mister donut really hit the sweet spot (no pun intended).
Day 7 (Wed) - Shinjuku Gyoen Garden, Mori Museum, Ginza Wakamatsu, Shinjuku
- Tokyo Tokyo National Museum: We had a good time learning about Japan’s early history, and discovered that so much that we know of Japan resulted from Chinese/korean influence.
- Fabric town & Akihabara revisit, Ochonomizu: We decided that this was likely the right time to go back for items we missed out on or didn’t have time to see. My wife went to fabric town while I went to Akihabara’s Yodaibashi camera, which I felt to be better and with more varied things than Bic Camera. I then went to Ochanomizu to look at more music and sport shops. We met up again at Shinjuku for another Gyukatsu Don before heading to mister donuts again.
Day 8 (Thurs) - Kawaguchiko
- Shinjuku Gyoen Garden: lovely large garden grounds. We spent almost an hour just lying under a tree and watching clouds float by. Wife was doing some rough sketches of the garden. We had mister donuts from last night for breakfast.
- Mori Museum: Saw the exhibition of Heatherwick studios, which was inspiring and educational. Paid for the rooftop access to have a quick view of Tokyo from 50-ish floors up.
- Ginza Wakamatsu: Because of one of the Uniqlo-ginza-exclusive t-shirts, my wife was curious about this traditional Japanese dessert. So we gave it a check and realised it’s been around for more than a century. There was a short line (mainly Japanese elderly). The shop interior transported us back decades. It felt surreal eating a dessert that the Japanese ate centuries ago. It’s certainly doesn’t excite and overwhelm one’s taste buds immediately as modern desserts do. But there’s an old charm to it.
- Shinjuku Okadaya fabric: Returned to Shinjuku as my wife wanted to check out another of their famous fabric stores. Prices were more expensive than fabric town, but somewhat different items.
Day 9 (Fri) - Fuji Q Highlands, Shimoyoshida Honcho St, Batting Cage Planning for Fuji Q & Morning Jog:
- Bus to Kawaguchiko: Packed light to Kawaguchiko, and forwarded our remaining luggage to our post-Kawaguchiko hotel in Tamachi. The Shinjuku hotel staff were very helpful. I was merely inquiring on how luggage forwarding was done, but he picked up the phone, called my Tamachi hotel to confirm the booking, and prepared the documents for me. All I had to do was roll my luggage the next night to them and make payment. Booked a 7:45am bus to Kawaguchiko and managed to catch a glimpse of Mount Fuji when we were on our way there!
- Cycling In Kawaguchiko: We lugged our bags to our hotel and headed out again. My wife was quite hesitant about cycling overseas and I was also worried it’d tire her out too much. I debated between cycling or simply taking the sight-seeing bus. Eventually felt it worth it. We unexpectedly walked by an e-bike place and decided - why not? Neither of us had tried an e-bike before and that could reduce the effort required for my wife. So we did and boy was it fun! It took a while to get used to the e-bike but it really reduced a lot of effort up the hills! I barely sweat. Kawaguchiko had pretty narrow roads so it wasn’t the easiest to cycle. But I had plenty of road-cycling experience back at home so I was not very deterred. We borrowed helmets from the e-bike place but saw that we were the only tourists that wore them.
- Kubota Itchiku Art Museum: Cycled here knowing that this museum would interest my wife. She was so enthralled by it. I was kinda sick of museums so I told her I’d wait for her outside. Wife took about 45m inside and even bought a heavy hard-cover book of Itchiku Kubota’s kimono art :/
- Momiji Corridor: was just 50m away. Still beautiful with only green leaves, but I’d imagine it would be majestic in Autumn/Spring.
- Oishi Park: Many beautiful flowers! It’s a pity that it had been cloudy the entire day, and Mt Fuji was not visible. That would have made the cycle perfect. Park was crowded with tourists.
I didn’t plan to go to Fuji-Q highlands before the trip. Always felt it a bit of a waste to visit amusement parks overseas. That’s until I realised that Fuji Q had some of the most exciting, (I mean world-record-holding) rollercoasters in the world. Perhaps not anymore, but that intrigued me enough, because most amusement parks only had 1-2 coasters. Problem was that wife is terrified, and she said cycling on the streets of Kawaguchiko was like a coaster ride for her. So I decided I would reach at opening time, and buy time by paying for the fast passes and try their top three coasters. The night before, we felt that we had to make decisions on our itinerary as it was our last day at Kawaguchiko. If Mt Fuji wasn’t visible, go to Oshino Hakkai, if it was, we could try going to Shimoyoshida to get a nice picture.
Day 10 (Sat) - Kichijoji, Ghibli Museum, Kichijoji Jazz bar
- I took a morning jog that morning and my jaw dropped when I saw Mount Fuji towering over Kawaguchiko. I raced back to tell my wife (about 6am) and we both trekked up to a viewing spot to enjoy the view. This made it more urgent to not spend too much time at Fuji Q as we didn’t know how long Mt. Fuji would be visible for.
- Fuji-Q Highlands: Was absolutely amazing. Yes, I blew a lot of cash here buying fast passes for the three available coasters. But they were some of the craziest coasters. Took Eejanaika, Fujiyama and Takabisha. Total time it took probably a little more than 1 hour with the express passes. It was so good but so fast; I have little memory of it, except that there was a 90 degree climb to the top for Takabisha and I had a beautiful view of Mt. Fuji while climbing to the supposed world record of 79m for Fujiyama. Had more time to take a few other rides, and enjoyed all the Naruto statues around for fun photo-taking. What I really enjoyed about the park was that it was mostly filled with Japanese tourists; in fact, there was a Japanese school having an outing there. It was nice to see excited students running about.
- Shomoyoshida Honcho St: This destination was simply to take the famous street view of Mount Fuji with Japanese shops lined in the foreground. It’s not easy to get to, and there was quite a walk. We noticed there weren’t much people around, and most shops were closed. But when we reached the destination, there were many tourists right at the particular traffic light. So much so there was a grumpy Japanese traffic police person managing the crowd. We saw the worst of tourists that day. People were disobeying traffic laws and just running in the middle of the road just to get a shot. We chanced upon a hidden udon shop and it felt like we were transported back to the 50’s! It was super old school, people sat on raised platforms, and several elderly customers were watching the tele while eating. There was only one udon option available, with free cabbage top-ups. We learnt that the shop had been around for 73 years.
- Batting Cage: I had never played baseball/softball and my home country doesn’t have a baseball culture. Yet I had seen batting cages in Japanese drama and always wanted to try. Loved it! My technique was probably pretty bad! I did well at first but as I tried faster balls, I tired out and failed to hit any haha. We ended the day eating ramen outdoors with a view of Mount Fuji.
Woke up before sunrise for a run and to attempt to catch a sunrise picture of Mount Fuji. Streets were completely empty. Even ran to the famous Kawaguchiko Lawson for a picture. Headed back for an onsen bathe (note: we never used the hotel bathroom, and always went for an onsen bath throughout our stay in Kawaguchiko). Took a 7am bus to return to Shinjuku.
Day 11 (Sun) - Tokyo Sky Tree, Shinjuku, Back to Kichijoji, Shibuya
- Kichijoji: Arrived at Kichijoji at about 10. Wife really loved the vibes there. We we tried the Tsukuba suisan fish cakes which were really tasty, and my wife was intrigued that a line had formed at the adjacent store named Ozasa. Apparently they sell traditional Japanese desserts and locals would go there as early as 5am to get a ticket. So we queued and managed to get three boxes worth of the snacks! Tried the Amane Teriyaki fish-shaped bean paste snacks, another traditional dessert.
- Ghibli Museum: Requires a long walk through Inokashira park. Ghibli was fantastic. Many people have been saying recently that it’s over-rated, and that it doesn’t cater to foreign crowds and most things are in Japanese. We similarly struggled with that at first. But we found out that if you asked the staff, they actually had English language exhibition booklets ready for every exhibition! That was a revelation. And we managed to understand almost all the exhibitions by asking the uniformed staff (except the short film, which had minimal dialogue anyway). I mentioned this to one foreign group and they were really grateful for that. But I saw that many other foreigners that probably came earlier were just bored or simply going crazy at the Ghibli shop. My wife bought the museum book (which also has English explanations of each exhibit), and we understood Miyazaki’s vision for the museum - to make it suitable for kids and adults, with no pre-determined route, allowing for play, exploration, to help people be inspired by the artists’ process. Through that, we saw that everything in the museum was intentionally designed, all of the exhibitions, cafe, shop, and garden. Reading that helped me appreciate and enjoy the museum much more.
- Roaming Kichijoji and Some Time Jazz bar: My wife and I split up to roam kichijoji. I checked out some sports shops and saw that their prices were lower than Ochanomizu. We reconvened for dinner at Sometime Jazz bar. I’m picking up Jazz piano but had never been to a jazz bar. Booked it one day before, but was sad that our table position only allowed us to see some of the drummer and the pianist’s expression. Still, it was a very cool place and we had a wonderful time. We only sat through the first half of the performance that night. Note that there are seating charges, so that + dinner added up to quite a lot. But we rationalised that this was akin to paying for a performance. Checked into our hotel in Tamachi.
It was a crazy day where we simply hit the places we wanted to revisit regardless of proximity. Headed to Tokyo Skytree in the morning to check out another Ghibli store. If you’re not going to the Ghibli museum, this is probably the best store available. Headed to Shinjuku to try curry udon, then to Kichijoji to try satou beef balls and to make some purchasing decisions on some sports equipment. Then we ended up at Shibuya (my favourite place!) to the mega Don Quijote and Tokyu Hands to shop for gifts for others. It was a lovely end to our trip! Day 12 (Mon) - Back home
Best trip ever, says my wife. Tips for travellers
- Spread out your itinerary: If I could I would have front-loaded all the must-see tourist stuff and left the remaining days for shopping. But in May, Ghibli Museum was closed for two weeks so we had no choice but to schedule it at the end of the trip. That was a better arrangement. It felt that each day was distinctly different, and we could remember the highlight of each day. Also, be specific about where you want to go. Don’t simply put locations like - Visit Harajuku, or visit Shibuya crossing.
- Plan your itinerary in consideration of weekend crowds: Places like Tsujiki market, Ghibli Museum, Fuji-Q Highlands and other stuff are likely going to be very crowded on weekends. If you want to shop in Harajuku or Shibuya, try to avoid weekends. I opted to put the cooking class and ‘less-exciting’ Museums on weekends.- Use your telco’s roaming or get an e-sim: My wife and I split up on several occasions, so we already knew the pocket wifi was out of teh question.
- Carry more cash than you think you need: In my experience, the cash-to-card ratio was about 40:60. Considering that all metro card top-ups require cash, you really need more cash that necessary. Sometimes even bigger restaurants are cash only.
- Bring packable tote bags, and use lockers where necessary: If you’re buying stuff, packing them in tote bags makes it easier. Bigger shops will charge you for bags. All stations likely have lockers and they are really affordable and convenient.
- Travel light by planning to do laundry: I only brought four sets of clothing, and we did laundry every 3-4 days or so. It’s really convenient, about 200 yen per 30m wash, and another 200 yen for a 1h dry. It’s worthwhile to check if your hotel has coin laundry available.
- Buy wisely: Many people say the kind of things available at places like Don Quijote or Uniqlo are mind-blowing. Fact is, most of them are made in China or elsewhere. Almost 95% of the items we saw in Daiso were made in China. In fact, many items in Kappabashi street were made in China. You’re more likely to get value for money by buying a made in Japan item. Sometimes the shop will highlight if a product is Japan made. But other times, you have to scrutinise the fine print. Learn to look out for these three words in Kanji: 日本製. This is where the camera function of Google translate is immensely helpful. This was not available or widely publicised when I last visited Japan years back in 2016, so use this tech to your advantage and scrutinise the fine print!
- Plan your toilet trips if possible: If you know you’re headed to low-rise areas like Tsujiki, Fabric town where it’s just shop after shop, it’s going to be hard to find a toilet. Make sure you relieve yourself beforehand at the train station. But if you still need to go, try to find a multi-storey building and chances are, there’ll be toilets available there.
- Avoid queuing for food by timing right: In general, I found that most popular food places that required queuing had queues mainly consisting of foreigners. I wonder if this is because of the reddit/youtube/google maps review effect (not a lot of Japanese review on Google I think). Simply put, almost all food places open at 11am, so be there at 11, or have early dinner at 5pm and perhaps you may avoid the queuing.
- Plan your toilet trips if possible: If you know you’re headed to low-rise areas like Tsujiki, Fabric town where it’s just shop after shop, it’s going to be hard to find a toilet. Make sure you relieve yourself beforehand at the train station. But if you still need to go, try to find a multi-storey building and chances are, there’ll be toilets available there.o
- Scrutinise Google maps to figure out the different train types: for daily travel, there are local, rapid, and express trains. Local trains stop at every station. Rapid skips a few, and express trains likely only stops at key location. They make a big difference to travel time, and to your comfort. When Google maps recommends a route, scrutinise the detail to ensure what kind of train they are recommending. It gets confusing at the station as the platforms on your left and right may end up at the same location, but one could be a local train and the other an express train.
- Learn just 2 essential phrases: I know it may feel weird to some, but just learn to say thank you in Japanese. The other essential word is - summimasen. Useful for if you need to exit a crowded train, or if you need to get someone’s attention. We survived with just these two phrases. As our cooking teacher told us - it’s better to say something in Japanese than say nothing at all. For the rest, you can use Google translate app’s picture function.
- Other misc tips: as mentioned, bring trash bags. Some shops explicitly tell you not to walk around and eat their food. So the solution is to finish the snack in front of the shop, and say, “summimasen, can you help me to throw this trash?” That helped us avoid carrying trash around a lot. As a traveller, you’re gonna get a lot of carbs (a bowl of udon + a bowl of rice....?) and fried food. Try to go to the basements of shopping centres and get yourself some fruits. Also, if you exercise regularly like me, you'd be concerned about getting some exercise. I did pre-trip research on pools/gyms/parks to visit. But visited none of them. I settled with a daily morning routine of 100 squats and 100 pushups. That and walking an average of 18k steps daily helped. I actually lost some weight somehow.
- Drinking culture in Japan: we saw quite a few drunk people in the streets. Some of them at the parks. I had never really seen drunkards much in my home country (it could be because I don’t stay out late). When we walked by a bar area with our cooking instructor, he told us some of the people in them had been there overnight.
- The Japanese sleep late: when we arrived, we were still on the train to our hotel at 11:50. But the train was still packed with salarymen in suits and many others. In fact, it seemed the later it was, the more crowded the trains.
- Foreigner influx and how they stick out: there were way more foreigners this time than the last I visited Japan. I tended to feel very uncomfortable when large groups of foreigners were around. I had to tell myself not to be hypocritical as I was a foreigner myself. But I suppose one reason is that there were many inconsiderate foreigners. Speaking loudly, making brash comments, and just not behaving like visitors. We saw a foreign couple snuggling each other on a picnic mat in a park full of families. And they chose a spot right next to the footpath. Many foreigners also leave unkind Google reviews for places just because it’s not up to their expectations. I get it, we worked for our holiday and are paying customers, and there is often an innate tendency to feel entitled or complain when something isn’t up to our expectations. But I think it helps to remember that we are like visitors in someone’s home. Be self-aware, don’t speak loudly, note the traffic customs, where to stand on the escalators, how to behave etc.
- Japanese men have great hair: the Japanese men’s hairstyle feels frozen in time. I didn’t see the typical Korean-inspired center-parted hairstyles in Asian guys nowadays. And balding men were a small minority somehow. As someone whose hairline is slowly receding, I was envious to see many Japanese men have wavy long hair deep into their 60-70s!
- Window shopping matters: as the days went by, my wife and I began to covet the "made-in-Japan" label, we realised that we hadn't done such window shopping in years. Since online shopping became prevalent, we hadn't done any window shopping. I also recall people commenting that you could get these goods online anyway, so why bother shopping in Japan. Well, window shopping makes comparison easy, it allows you to ask for recommendations, and enables you to know the items's size, feel, and look on you (if buying fashion items). It also makes discovery of new items possible. I'm not a huge shopper or a foodie, but in Japan, it's worth it to be one. I suppose it's a blessing in disguise that our honeymoon got delayed 3 years, as we now know our post-marriage lifestyles and the items we'd need in the kitchen/around the house.
submitted by farmer_giles91
to JapanTravel [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 06:30 Educational-Nose223 BioFit Reviews Reddit : ⚠️Scam?⚠️Must Read! Before Buy - BioFit supplement Review - BioFit supplement Does Work?
| || | submitted by Educational-Nose223 to BiofitReviewsReddit [link] [comments]
BioFit Reviews Reddit : ⚠️Scam?⚠️Must Read! Before Buy - BioFit supplement Review - BioFit supplement Does Work?
The newest weight loss supplement on the market is BioFit, which contains beneficial gut bacteria strains that help boost weight loss. Your digestive system will have a healthier balance of beneficial and harmful bacteria after taking the supplement, and you'll have more energy and fewer cravings for unhealthy foods, thanks to BioFit. BioFit supplement Review
When people go to the doctor, weight gain is one of the most common problems they bring up. It can be hard to break bad eating habits, leading to people gaining weight without even realizing it. So many things, like genes, stress, not getting enough sleep, and strict diets, can make you gain weight that you don't want to. If you notice that your waistband is getting tighter or that you are gaining weight more quickly than you would like, it is time to take action.
The newest weight loss supplement on the market is BioFit, which contains beneficial gut bacteria strains that help boost weight loss. Your digestive system will have a healthier balance of beneficial and harmful bacteria after taking the supplement, and you'll have more energy and fewer cravings for unhealthy foods, thanks to BioFit.
This review of BioFit is based not only on the author's experience with the product but also on our analysis of some reviews and information provided by other customers. Therefore, we have covered everything you need to know before purchasing BioFit. On the list of topics up for discussion are:
• BioFit Weight Loss Supplement - Introduction
• What is BioFit and how does it compare to other probiotics?
• Science Behind BioFit
• BioFit Reviews - How Much Weight Can You Lose?
• BioFit Ingredients and How They Help
• The accreditations and certifications of BioFit
• BioFit vs other Probiotic supplements
• BioFit Pills - Pricing and Availability
• BioFit Refund Policy
• BioFit Reviews Closing Remarks
BioFit: Supplement Overview
• Brand: BioFit Nature's Formulas
• BioFit Creator: Chrissie Miller
• Item Form: Capsule
• Flavor: Unflavored
• Product Benefits: Weight Loss, Digestion, Immunity
• Special Ingredients: Bacillus Subtilis, Bifidobacterium Longum, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Breve, Lactobacillus Casei, Lactobacillus Plantarium, Lactobacillus Acidophilus.
• Serving Quantity: 1 capsule per day
• Accreditations: GMP approved & Non-GMO
• Age Range (Description): Adult
• Unit Count: 30 Count/ Bottle
• Money Back Guarantee: Yes
• Refund Period: 180 days
• Pricing: $39-$59 per bottle
What is BioFit and how does it compare to other probiotics?
BioFit is designed to deliver some benefits that are comparable to those provided by other probiotic supplements, such as improved digestion and support for the function of the immune system. However, BioFit goes one step further than its competitors thanks to the patented DE111 strain and potent dosage amounts of the appropriate ingredients.
What Is Bacillus subtilis DE111?
DE111 is a clinically tested strain of Bacillus subtilis that supports digestive and immune health. Clinical studies show the strain can control microbial populations, aid digestion, and maintain health. Genome sequencing confirmed the strain lacked plasmids, antibiotic-resistant, or deleterious genes. DE111 protects microbes from harsh conditions until they reach the GI tract. DE111's spore-forming ability makes it ideal for supplements, food, and beverages.
BioFit advantages vs other probiotic supplements
Chrissie Miller and the company Nature's Formulas promote advantages not commonly seen with other probiotic supplements, such as the potential to lose up to 80 pounds of fat while taking BioFit without altering your diet or exercise routine. In addition to the author's confident assertion, the entire video presentation is crammed full of testimonials from actual BioFit customers praising the product's efficacy.
BioFit asserts that it can facilitate weight loss and improved digestion in a variety of ways. It turns your digestive tract into a calorie-burning machine. By taking only one capsule of BioFit daily, you can experience all of its advantages:
• Lose 80 pounds without changing diet or exercise.
• Reduce bloating, aid digestion, and more.
• Drop pounds without dieting or exercise
• Boost immunity.
• Eat whatever you want without affecting gut health.
How do the probiotics that are included in BioFit work?
BioFit contains a whopping 5.75 billion CFUs (colony forming units) of seven different strains of probiotic bacteria in each capsule. There are no additional components. BioFit's seven clinically studied probiotics are responsible for its many health benefits. One of these, the patented spore-based Bacillus subtilis DE111 strain, has been shown to support and improve digestive health in both children and adults, as well as support the growth of beneficial gut bacteria, promote the development of healthy gastrointestinal flora, and lower total blood cholesterol and LDL cholesterol.
Also, that's not all of it. However, the next logical question to ask is, "What exactly are probiotics?" In what ways do probiotics accomplish their goals of promoting healthy digestion, boosting the immune system, and decreasing abdominal bloating? Helpful bacteria in the gut are called probiotics, and they provide a number of health benefits. Many probiotics work by gleaning essential nutrients from the food you eat. Some help your body deal with toxins, while others are toxins themselves. Some can separate the active from the inactive chemicals in the foods you eat. In addition, the immune system appears to interact with other probiotic strains.
Some individuals choose to improve their digestive health by taking a probiotic supplement like BioFit. Some individuals consume probiotic-filled foods such as yogurt, kefir, or fermented foods. The colony forming units (CFUs) of probiotic bacteria found in an average probiotic yogurt is approximately 1 billion, whereas the CFU count found in a typical probiotic supplement can range anywhere from 5 billion to 100 billion. The primary ingredient in BioFit is the spore-based Bacillus subtilis DE111 strain, which is protected by a natural shell so that it does not get damaged by stomach acids (in comparison, the survival rate of most probiotic strains is only about 5%). Each serving of BioFit contains a potent 5.75 billion CFUs, and the Bacillus subtilis DE111 strain is the primary active ingredient.
Science Behind BioFit
The creators of BioFit have not yet published their formula in a peer-reviewed journal, and the supplement has not undergone any formal clinical trials. No need to panic or report this to the BioFit scam squad just yet. Chrissie Miller and the rest of the team at Nature's Formulas put a lot of emphasis on the research done on the separate components of BioFit, such as the strains of probiotics used in the product.
For instance, in this particular research study, the researchers recommended that healthy adults take a probiotic supplement that contained strains of both lactobacillus and bifidobacteria (the same two strain families in BioFit). When compared to a group that received a placebo instead of the supplement for the same amount of time, researchers discovered that the supplemented group lost an additional three pounds of body weight over the course of the study. Over the course of a period of six months, the average amount of weight lost by adults was somewhere around three pounds. Some adults lost more weight than others, while others lost less weight than others.
When you compare different probiotic supplements online, you'll find that many supplements have a higher number of colony forming units (CFUs) than BioFit does. Nevertheless, CFUs do not provide the whole picture. Even though the dosages of certain supplements can reach as high as 100 billion CFUs, this does not mean that they are inherently more effective than probiotics that contain only 5 billion CFUs. According to the findings of these researchers, having a higher CFU count is not always a positive thing.
It's possible that the active ingredients in BioFit will be preserved by the medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) as they make their way through your digestive system. Medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) are digestible fatty molecules. BioFit's MCTs serve to shield the probiotic bacteria inside, ensuring that more of the supplement's beneficial ingredients make it to where they're needed. This research shows that medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) can prevent the digestion of active ingredients by stomach acid, allowing more probiotics to enter the small intestine.
Overall, there is evidence to support the use of probiotic supplements for enhancing immune function, reducing body fat, and other health and wellness benefits. But there isn't much proof that BioFit can help you lose 80 pounds or more without changing your diet or exercising. If you watch the video, though, you'll hear a lot of positive feedback and real-life customer success stories.
BioFit Ingredients and How They Help?
BioFit has two different groups of active ingredients: the probiotic matrix and medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), which hold the formula together.
First Group Of Active Ingredients:
The first group of active ingredients that BioFit has is called the probiotic matrix, and it has seven different strains in it. The different strains contained in BioFit each contribute in their own unique way to the overall improvement of digestion and weight loss. By taking BioFit on a daily basis, you can support the health of your digestive tract, as well as your weight loss efforts, immunity, and other functions. There is a correlation between certain strains and the functioning of the immune system. Others are associated with the functioning of the digestive system or the metabolism. The seven different strains that are included in the formula of BioFit each contain 5.75 billion colony forming units (CFUs). The majority of probiotic supplements have between three and five strains, but BioFit has seven strains for maximum effectiveness.
Second Group Of Active Ingredients:
BioFit contains a second class of active ingredients known as medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs). BioFit's inclusion of MCTs is meant to boost the effectiveness of the probiotics already mentioned. Even though these ingredients are listed on the BioFit label as inactive ingredients, they may in fact lend support to the active effects that the supplement produces in a variety of different ways. When compared to longer types of fatty acids, MCTs are much simpler for your body to digest. BioFit ensures that the maximum dosage of probiotic ingredients reaches your digestive tract by wrapping the probiotic strains in a layer of fatty molecules and then delivering them to your digestive system. Even though BioFit contains a lower dose of probiotics than the majority of the other supplements on the market, the MCTs could protect the probiotics, ensuring that more CFUs reach your digestive tract in the end.
The two active blends of ingredients that are found in BioFit work together to provide an advanced and very helpful dose of probiotics to your gut. This is accomplished by shielding the ingredients from the acidic environment of your stomach and ensuring that the maximum number of CFUs are delivered to your gut rather than being thrown away by your metabolism.
The BioFit probiotic diet pills are produced in an FDA-approved facility in the USA, where they are made in strict accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards. In addition to this, they go above and beyond to ensure that every single BioFit weight loss formula is tested by impartial third-party labs. These tests ensure that the dosages, potency, and purity match what is stated on the nutritional label for the supplement, and that the formulas are free of fillers, preservatives, and any artificial contaminants.
Which Specific Kinds of Probiotics Bacteria Can Be Found in BioFit?
There are seven different probiotic bacterial strains packed into each serving of BioFit. In the same way that other organisms do, probiotic bacteria can be found in a variety of species and strains. While some strains have been associated with weight loss and improved immunity, others have been associated with other aspects of gut function. The amounts of each strain that are included in BioFit are variable. There is a total dose of 16.58mg 5.75 billion CFUs; however, individual strains have different dosages that are determined by the effects that are desired. Because BioFit is primarily marketed as a supplement for weight loss, the manufacturers of BioFit have placed a strong emphasis on strains that have been specifically linked to weight loss.
Biofit Probiotics Bacteria are:
• Bacillus Subtilis 8.89mg
• Bifidobacterium Longum 1.56mg
• Lactobacillus Rhamnosus 1.25mg
• Bifidobacterium Breve 0.63mg
• Lactobacillus Casei 0.83mg
• Lactobacillus Plantarium 2.5mg
• Lactobacillus Acidophilus 0.83mg
BioFit employs Bacillus subtilis strain DE111. It makes sense that this probiotic strain would make up the bulk of BioFit given its demonstrated ability to aid in weight loss. In addition to promoting weight loss, probiotic strains boost digestive health. Some probiotic strains aid in weight loss by improving intestinal function, digestion, or the elimination of waste products. In addition to the benefits already mentioned, this BioFit probiotic strain is also notable for its credibility and published medical data, which place it among the most effective probiotic strains for natural fat burning and weight loss.
BioFit contains Bifidobacterium longum, which is just one of 32 different species of Bifidobacteria. B. longum's effects on humans have been the subject of extensive research. It's one of the most significant probiotic strains passed from mothers to their infants through breast milk, and it seems to play a crucial role in human development in early life.
BioFit includes Lactobacillus rhamnosus, a beneficial probiotic strain. BioFit contains multiple strains of Lactobacillus. The benefits of L. rhamnosus for the digestive tract are multifaceted. Yogurt and other foods contain L. rhamnosus.
Numerous studies have found a connection between Bifidobacterium breve and good gut health, which is why it is frequently found in digestive health supplements. Researchers have found that this strain can aid in the digestion of a wide variety of molecules, which suggests that it may help digestion along more than one pathway
The beneficial bacteria Lactobacillus casei thrives in the intestines, where it produces numerous offspring and exerts its effects. Research indicates that L. casei can thrive in a broader range of acidity and temperature than other probiotic strains. For instance, it has a better chance of thriving in the digestive tract and surviving stomach acid. Researchers have found that L. casei and L. acidophilus, another component of BioFit, work together synergistically.
When compared to other lactic acid bacteria, the genome of Lactobacillus plantarum is one of the largest. It is more resistant to other strains than others because, like Lactobacillus Casei, it can withstand a wide range of acidity levels as well as temperatures. L. plantarum is one of the strains that has been researched the most in the food and supplement industries, and there is a significant body of evidence that connects L. plantarum to healthy gut function.
The seventh and final strain of Lactobacillus found in BioFit, Lactobacillus acidophilus, has been specifically linked to weight loss. According to a number of studies, Lactobacillus acidophilus is involved in the manufacturing of the enzyme amylase. Amylase is a digestive enzyme that helps break down carbohydrates in the gut and the digestive tract. If you don't have enough of this digestive enzyme, you may experience bloating after eating foods high in carbohydrates. According to the manufacturer, Lactobacillus acidophilus promotes weight loss and overall gut health.
There are seven different probiotic strains included in BioFit. It's not uncommon to find only one or two varieties of a supplement or food item. BioFit's comprehensive solution to gut health and microbial optimization of good versus bad bacteria means that it may support extra gastrointestinal tract and weight loss benefits competing with other supplements despite using a lower dosage of CFUs than many of them.
BioFit Reviews Closing Remarks
Many users of the probiotic supplement claim that it assisted them in losing a significant amount of weight in a relatively short amount of time, which has led them to be generally optimistic about the product. After we examine the BioFit reviews that are linked to on the product's main website.
- Jenny Hawkins of Florida says..."BioFit saves lives." I thought I'd never beach again. I can tan without shame. I'm eating more than ever and losing weight faster than I expected. Almost didn't buy it. I would have missed my best weight-loss chance...”
BioFit Pills - Pricing and Availability
You can purchase BioFit from the website that is officially associated with it. If you purchase BioFit from its official website , you will eliminate any risk of being a victim of a scam. The company offers free shipping as well as a money-back guarantee on empty bottles for a period of 180 days.
There are currently three distinct BioFit packages available for purchase. Here is a rundown of the specifics:
• One Bottle of BioFit (30-day serving): $59 + $9.99 Shipping
• Three bottles of BioFit (90-day serving): $49 Each + Free US Shipping
• Six Bottles of BioFit (180-day serving): $39 Each + Free US Shipping Click Here to Buy BioFit From The Official Website with 180 Days Money Back Guarantee
The manufacturer, Natures Formula, has also included several bonuses to further enhance the BioFit experience for their clients. Here are the three bonuses that come with all your BioFit purchases through the official site: The Truth About Dieting
– A bonus ebook that shows users how they can manage to achieve massive weight loss while still enjoying their favorite delicious foods. It is all about how BioFit works and how it can help you attain and maintain that ideal weight while enjoying the process and not giving up your favorite foods. Favorite Recipes
: A bonus ebook that showcases top-notch recipes that taste great but will not make you gain weight. These recipes will augment your weight loss process as you will still eat tasty foods while losing weight. Private Members Area:
The final bonus is that all buyers are given access to the private, exclusive member’s area. You can find multiple great resources in the member’s area including recipes, guides, meal plans and other helpful information from your peers.
BioFit Refund Policy
BioFit provides a generous refund policy for its customers. Unlike the manufacturers of competing weight loss pills, those behind BioFit are positive about their product's efficacy. Each purchase of BioFit is backed by a 180-day, empty-bottle money-back guarantee.
Customers can request a refund if they are unsatisfied with the product's performance. Customers can get a full refund by sending an email to customer support at the following address, regardless of whether the product is unopened or used.
Email: [[email protected]
Returns Address: Biofit 19655 E 35th Dr #100, Aurora, CO 80011, USA
BioFit Probiotic FAQs Here are some of the common questions that most consumers have about BioFit:
Does BioFit cause side effects?
Nature’s Formulas has listed on its website that the BioFit supplement is made with safe and natural ingredients. They made this probiotic product with safety in mind, and it has undergone independent testing for purity, quality and safety by third party firms. Nevertheless, it is recommended to consult a doctor before you start taking any supplements, especially if you are also taking other prescription medications. Furthermore, nursing mothers and pregnant women should also discuss with physicians about taking this supplement.
How long should you take BioFit?
You should take one pill daily for at least six months to see good results. Sticking to that easy to follow schedule will give the probiotics enough space and time to work their magic on your gut.
How should you store BioFit?
BioFit clients are advised to store this supplement in its container in a cool and dry place. Although exposing these pills to moisture may make them a bit harder, Nature’s Formulas says that even moisture cannot affect the integrity and quality of this product.
How long does each bottle of BioFit last?
A bottle of BioFit comes with 30 pills to last you one month or 30 days. The recommended option for those interested in buying is the three months’ supply as it addresses severe gut issues and is convenient to use.
Does BioFit have an expiry date?
BioFit capsules are only valid for the first two years after the packaging date. You can easily see the expiry date prominently displayed on the bottle. If you can’t see that date on your order, you should contact customer service immediately.
Is BioFit vegan-friendly?
BioFit is made using water and hypromellose. These two ingredients are vegan-friendly.
How long does it take to get your BioFit order?
After placing your order on the Nature’s Formulas website, the company processes and ships your BioFit supplements within three or two days. You can expect to receive your order within five or seven business days. Nevertheless, BioFit availability is limited to Canada and U.S. clients only. Therefore, if you live outside these two regions then you won’t be able to get BioFit. Click Here to Buy BioFit From The Official Website with 180 Days Money Back Guarantee
2023.05.30 06:30 MannyMiza For even without a registry, trust has its own maze.
Tired of proving worth, tired of endless fight,
The whispers and the doubts, like daggers in the night.
But amidst this bleakness, a truth he must see,
The path to liberation starts from within, key by key.
Oh, wanderer of sorrows, listen to my voice,
For within your struggle lies a chance to rejoice.
It's natural to desire trust, to yearn for a clean slate,
But dwelling on the past will only seal your fate.
Embrace self-improvement, let your spirit bloom,
Seek the light within, dispel the sense of gloom.
For in gratitude lies the power to heal,
To let the scars of the past gently reveal.
Acknowledge the good, the blessings in disguise,
For life holds beauty that can soothe weary eyes.
And as time's river flows, people may start to see,
The strength in your journey, the soul that longs to be free.
But hold not onto judgments, others' wary gaze,
For even without a registry, trust has its own maze.
Accept that some may falter, question or doubt,
And let it not define you, your worth shining throughout.
In moments of darkness, seek solace in peace,
Find solace in yoga, deep breaths, and release.
Meditate, be mindful, find the calm within,
Nurture your spirit, let your true self begin.
Open the door to knowledge, expand your horizons wide,
Through online courses, wisdom's wings you'll ride.
Find work from home, a chance to rebuild,
To rediscover purpose, a passion to be fulfilled.
In helping others, in a volunteer's embrace,
You'll find connections anew, love's radiant grace.
And within a sacred haven, a church where you belong,
Community's embrace can heal wounds, make you strong.
So, registered soul, let not despair take hold,
For your path to freedom is within, bold and untold.
Stay strong, keep moving, with a positive mind,
And watch as trust blossoms, with patience, you'll find.
Remember, the journey is one of self-discovery,
To rise above the stigma, to reclaim your story.
In time, with resilience, your spirit will shine,
A beacon of redemption, a life redefined.
submitted by MannyMiza
to SexOffenderSupport [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 06:30 RequirementHonest299 Bill Hader, I tip my hat!!!!
Hey all. I’m far more of a lurker than a poster on this sub but have been enjoying reading the vast array of reactions to the season finale and the series in general. While I understand the criticisms that some people have made of Season 4, and empathize with any dashed desires for the show that were left unattended by its conclusion (perhaps due to the 30min format, more than anything), on the whole I’m coming out of this just blown away and still processing the level of genre-experimentation, creative risk and true auteurship Bill Hader and co. brought to television and landed (on the whole) with this series. Still turning over how the simple, if offbeat premise of an LA actor living a “double life” presented in the pilot weathered so many subtle yet masterful changes-of-course in narrative and visual storytelling to unfold into the bleakest and most existential meditation on harm, redemption, and the capacity for forgiveness that I’ve seen on TV. This is credited not only to the writing and directing, but to the absolute all-star ensemble of performers in Sarah Goldberg, Anthony Carrigan, Stephen Root, Henry Winkler and others for committing fully to every single comedic and tragic turn.
Though I don’t begrudge viewers who felt stranded by the semi-tonal shift between the earlier and later seasons, I’d (positively) liken the viewing experience to a frog boiling to death in a pot of water (mind the morbid reference, though I suppose for this show it is apropos). Spanning from Season 2 to 4, I think you fully earn the payoff of a story that has so carefully and gradually turned up its heat to the point where lapses or even entire breaks from reality (first via traditional flashbacks, then more uncanny hallucinations) are thematically legible, and reveal themselves as the true, meaty terrain of these character’s fates and lives. It’s also where the comedy bellows loudest. This tightrope walk is hardly something I have seen executed in any TV show, much less a half-hour billed “comedy” (a format which I maintain, much of the time, necessarily challenged and successfully elevated the show to take on its most compelling and high-reward risks). I also think that the overarching satire-commentary and metatext on the banality of violence and death in a culture saturated by a widely-held impunity for violent / “bad” men (and especially those molded from the military industrial complex) grew fiercely rich and more confident with each season, which I admired about the show from the start. It’s possible that those more-invested in the payoff of those broad-strokes philosophical themes (putting myself in that camp) might have different takeaways from the finale than those watching on other registers, and that’s fine honestly because people having Different Interpretations is sort of the Whole Point of art.
Lastly, I’d just like to tip my hat to all involved in making of this show for taking such major swings, hits, and even a few Ls (where was Change for the World!!) in a media/entertainment climate that may prove less amenable over time to shows that are not so easily algorithmized and flattened into a simple shtick for passive audiences (ironically, one of the very dynamics of showbusiness the series cut and bled open with razor precision). Hader has undeniably emerged as a director to watch, and has wielded his multi-hyphenate talents in sketch comedy and filmmaking to create a truly singular project and body of work for the books of episodic television. I look forward to his future projects immensely and just feel so grateful for all that we got from this show.
submitted by RequirementHonest299
to Barry [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 06:30 minnesotanthrowaway Is it possible to only foster children who attend a specific school?
I'm in my 20s, and I have been interested in becoming a foster parent for several years now. However, I have been waiting until I have a stable career, financial independence, and a home with enough space for extra people. Now I finally have all of those things, but it turns out my partner, whom I live with, is not interested in fostering. Out of respect for his wishes, I dropped the subject and decided not to pursue foster licensure.
However, I work as a teacher. Let's call my school Eagles Elementary. Lately, one of my students has been clinging onto me at the end of the day and begging me to take her home with me instead of sending her home with her parent. Her family currently has an open CPS case, and it occurred to me that, if DCF were to remove my student and her sibling from their parents, it would be preferable for them to stay with someone they are already familiar with than to be placed with strangers. Same goes for any other student I may have in the future in such a situation.
So I asked my partner, what if we got licensed to foster, but only fostered children and siblings of children who attend Eagles Elementary? He seemed amicable to this compromise, but it is largely hypothetical because I'm not sure whether or not it's possible to arrange such a thing.
Is it feasible to only accept foster placements who are affiliated with a specific school?
(Located in Wisconsin if that helps)
submitted by minnesotanthrowaway
to Fosterparents [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 06:29 EelQueen95 28 Seattle/Online - Amputee looking for people to chat with
Heya, I’m Elizabeth 28f. I've been an amputee most of my life. I enjoy listening to music and hi-fi equipment, I work in tech and computers are a hobby of mine. I watch my fiancée play videogames but don't really play any myself. I also have been learning to surf, still not amazing at it, but it has been really fun so far. feel free to ask me about any of it, I know some people can be touchy about disabilities but I'm not one of them, I'm an open book <3
I currently live with my fiancée outside Seattle. I work from home so I spend most week days by myself so I'd love to make a few friends/chat buddies <3
I’d love to chat, I’m not looking to rp, trade pics or anything at the moment, and don't send nsfw pics, but other than that I’m a pretty open book. Feel free to send me a chat.
submitted by EelQueen95
to LesbianChat [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 06:29 Halycon949 Do you value your individuality more than harmonizing with others?
I've always felt this natural precedence not to let your own values and beliefs be overwritten when making connections with people (i.e. preserve your own identity or individuality) even when I was younger. I wonder if other fellow INTJs also do the same.
Have you ever felt the tension where you need to take out a part of who you are in order to establish a connection or form a deeper connection with someone that you just meet? And would you be willing to do compromise? Or will you choose to retain your individuality? This is the scenario I am trying to depict:
Example: You've meet a person at work with alienating values compared to yours such as being a people pleaser and being indifferent towards almost everything about life (i.e. he doesn't care), so much so that the quality of his work is usually shoddy. He also expects everyone to be the same as him as those are his values. You're eventually paired with him as a co-worker for the same project because the manager noticed you (as an INTJ) yield a higher quality output than he does, in order to help him. Eventually at some point of getting to know him, you realize your values conflict with his - and then you also realize later that almost everyone in the job practically are also people pleasers and being indifferent. It feels as if you're the only different fish in the big pond, being constrained by others.
Quotes and thoughts such as: "I'm not going to be a part of your system", Not letting others define who you are, "Do not waste time trying to please people, just be yourself" and the fear of being reduced to a common denominator strongly resonate with someone who is a user of Fi. Albeit these thoughts might look like typical rebellious thoughts of a youngster, I do think it can also extend as you grow older. They genuinely stem from the desire to preserve one's individuality (Fi) and possibly from the dislike of being dragged down to the least common denominator (hence you're also likely to hate posts made in this sub such as the occasional "You're not special!"). From my experience as well with high Fi users, they're likely to understand what: "You do you" means and respect your individuality (Fi) - even if its different from yours. Fi users tend not to trust externally but rather internal towards of themselves.
On the other hand, someone else can mature in the opposite direction (i.e. use Fe) and say to just put your personal individuality under the rug in order to harmonize with many more people and be able to connect for the greater good. Usually if you have an INFJ friend, they will implore you to go this route instead as they're naturally high users of Fe. People who mature in this way strongly resonate with: "Many over one, All people are created equal, and they are likely to sacrifice their individuality for the sake of establishing connections). Fe users tend not to trust inwards of themselves, but externally towards others.
Some other notes:
Fi is probably the least talked function even if its 3rd in our slot here, probably because people generally don't know what it is or that this function is inherently inward and introverted so its hard to explain to others. Here's a good explainer
for what it is.
I didn't use religious differences, political differences or sexual orientation as an example for individuality, even though they technically are as well. They're very cliche and usually force readers to think black and white rather than providing a typical everyday scenario.
*Personally, I think the best word to describe Fi is individuality. I've used: "morals and values" before, but if you will just condense it to one word I think this encapsulates just about every aspect of it. It is synonymous to self-expression. Your individuality can be healthy or unhealthy as well.
Surprisingly, someone else's Fi are of no interest
to others who are also high users of Fi.
This is also just one last more observation before I come to a full circle close with the first 4 functions as an INTJ. (See here for Ni-Te
) I know Fi isn't one of our commonly used functions, but then again I am implored to discuss it as it is part and parcel of being an INTJ. We just typically barely focus on it.
submitted by Halycon949
to intj [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 06:29 ConsiderationLive271 State Farm Denial After RT
Intro: I’m a licensed roofing contractor in Maryland. Have a customer with some significant wind damage to his 3 tab shingles. Nine of his 57sq roof’s thirteen facets presented with damage from wind. 16 missing tabs, 30some creased. Customer has State Farm, and has made a claim on his policy. Claim was filed on the same day of the date of loss, on which his property received 70+ mph wind gusts, as verified by several reputable weather outlets. Even observed some tabs still hung up in a tree in his back yard during our inspection. State Farm’s adjuster came to inspect. Wrote for 25 shingles.
Now, I have dealt with State Farm before, and am aware of their modus operandi known to cause headaches. I am writing this in an effort to see if anyone has experienced anything similar to the following recently…
My customer, the homeowner, is unsure as to the age of his shingles beyond knowing them to be at least 3 years old. My personal educated guess is 8-12 years. Having been on the roof myself, the granule loss on his shingles was significant but not pitiful. Despite the hot side being in fairly direct sunlight, thermal cracking was limited. Brittleness however was quite bad. Even with one “45 degree” lift, tabs would start to develop a crease, leading me to believe we were likely dealing with an irreparable roof and hence conducting a formal repairability test. The repairability test was conducted in full on video, and resulted in a fail.
It has been my experience with State Farm that if a roof’s shingles were found to be irreparable after they had written for repair, they would accept a video demonstrating such. It used to be the adjuster would take a youtube link or zipped file. Then for a while, they were sending their own links for video upload. This time around, however, I was advised by a person in the corporate office (because the original adjuster from 5 days prior had fallen off the face of the earth) that they no longer accepted videos period, at all, none. Pictures however, for some reason, are still accepted. Naturally I took some screenshots of the video, attached them to a friendly email and sent it over. Neither the homeowner nor myself received a reply to that communication, despite patiently waiting 2 full weeks.
After giving them a chance to at least acknowledge the existence of our mutual customer or myself, I reached out to corporate again. Corporate advised a new adjuster had been assigned, whom I promptly contacted. The new adjuster was kind enough to review the photos while we were on the phone. The first and only question they asked was “do you know how old the roof is?” to which I replied I did not know exactly. Without much pause, the only reply this person offered was “I don’t see this resulting in a full approval.”
This current adjuster has never been on the roof in question, nor to the insured property. The only documentation, I am aware of, that they have to go off of is the 6 photos I sent plus whatever the initial adjuster took. Truthfully, I made no mention of a full approval nor provoked the need for any action yet, I had called only for a status update.
The conversation continued, I asked for some reasoning behind that comment. They stated they were not in the business of covering wear and tear due to age. I politely reminded them that it was already admitted there were qualifying damages present to the roofing structure covered under the policy, otherwise a repair estimate would never have been written. I asked exactly how I, as the entity performing the work, should proceed with the repairs ordered, authorized and funded by State Farm on a roof that is factually irreparable. They had no response worth typing here. Just the same runaround.
Neither the homeowner nor myself are calling it quits. He will be calling tomorrow in attempt to speak with a supervisor, as will I to follow up. If anyone has any recent similar experiences, stories or advice I would love to hear any and all. TIA!!
submitted by ConsiderationLive271
to RoofingSales [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 06:29 jvkss2 [F4A] Spider-Man AU- Peter Parker’s unusual good luck!
Hi! Looking for writers interested in playing Peter Parker in a role-play centered around him and the ladies in his life, featuring romance, humor, action, and everything in between!
What can you say about Peter Parker’s life that hasn’t been said? As the Amazing Spider-Man, he’s one of the world’s greatest heroes. Financial troubles aren’t an issue for him anymore, and somehow he’s managed to find a balance between the completely different sides of his life. Where does his next adventure bring him? Ross Lynch as Peter ParkeSpider-Man
: Peter’s on his way to graduating college, and is almost a decade into his Spider-Man tenure. After having such a hard time balancing his life as a superhero, things have been looking up for him recently. He’s been working as a part time photographer for the Daily Bugle, earning some good money, and has a stable living arrangement with his roommate Liz. Madelaine Petsch as Mary Jane Watson
: Met Peter through Liz, as they work in the same modeling agency. She’s become Peter’s best friend and someone who supports him through every situation. Sabrina Carpenter as Gwen Stacy/ Ghost Spider
: One of Empire State University’s top students, the beautiful Gwen is at the top of her game when it comes to her personal and superhero lives. She often runs into Spider-Man while on patrol. Their late night rooftop “chats” get quite interesting. Dove Cameron as Felicia Hardy/ Black Cat
:This tight-suited thief has become a thorn on Spidey’s side, having gotten away from him on numerous occasions. Can’t forget to mention he’s let her get away a few times after “reasoning with her”. Hailee Steinfeld as Kate Bishop
: Have known each other going back to their days in the Avengers of the Future Program. The highlight of their team-ups is the never ending banter and overdose of sarcasm. Madison Beer as Liz Allan
: Peter’s childhood friend and current roommate. A party girl with a well paying job as a model.
Story is pretty vague, so bring an idea you want to explore! “Hey wanna rp” or underdeveloped messages will not get me to answer. A writing sample is always appreciated. Make sure to send a PM! My chats are buggy and don’t let me respond.
Thank you for reading and looking forward to hearing from you!
submitted by jvkss2
to discordroleplay [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 06:29 xXdont_existxX Please learn from the mistakes of others like myself so you don't lose your entire save!
I put it between 70 - 100 hours. Countless nights playing until sun up. I had explored almost 60% of the depths and finished 3 temples. I had 20 hearts, hundreds of koroks, a bunch of armor all leveled up to two stars, basically all the sky islands done and worst of all I had a save backup folder. One night I crashed doing the last labyrinth I had left on the map. I opened the game and saw the "Nintendo Presents" and my stomach dropped.
Instead of learning before hand how the "nand" file works I was stupidly copy the wrong file and I lost everything. I started playing again last night and thankfully backed up the folder correctly, however this time the game did the same thing only to have DELETED the entire folder which I didn't even think possible. Thankfully I had the files ready to paste over and ended up not losing progress again. I would suggest going into Yuzu > System and then changing the NAND storage directory to a folder you've created yourself. I would also suggest copying and pasting that NAND folder (or having its contents constantly uploaded to Onecloud) every time you save and exit the game.
In all that time in my first playthru it took nearly 100 hours before it happened, and yet AGAIN it happened almost immediately. Its a mistake I will never do again *knocks on wood*, but please I hope you can learn from the mistakes of others.
In the NAND folder, click users, then saves and find the folder with a bunch of 000000000's. Click that and copy the folder named "A645331E74EF4E6D1970685F33FC76AE" or similar. Thats the folder you want to keep saved and backed up. I'm sure i've explained this poorly and that someone will summarize it better in the comments but ugh I just hope it doesn't happen to anyone else.
submitted by xXdont_existxX
to NewYuzuPiracy [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 06:29 ABMustang99 First time Dagger owner questions
Good evening people of reddit. Yesterday I ordered my first dagger, this one
(if you cant pull up the link its the full size s with threaded barrel), and just had a couple of questions/confirming some info.
- I wanted to confirm that it was compatible with most Glock gen 3 parts (specifically looking at putting in an apex trigger later)
- I like to run safariland holsters like the 6378RDS on my range belt/home defense belt and with the threaded barrel Im not sure if I would order the 19x holster or the 17. I know that with most kydex holsters they have an opening that allows the threaded barrel to go through but with the Safariland the barrel rests on a post at the end of the holster and length can prevent it from working.
Thank you for answers and have a good evening!
submitted by ABMustang99
to PalmettoStateArms [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 06:28 FinalFantasy_Nerd Set some boundaries regarding my newborn baby but feel horrible.
I (30f) am 37 weeks pregnant with my husband's and my first child and had a heated discussion with my mom (54f) about the conditions when they come and see baby.
This is a long one so I am sorry in advance.
I must explain it a bit further. My mom calls herself "baby crazy" and openly admitted to me that the baby stage is her favorite stage when it comes to kids. She loves cuddling baby's, taking photos of them (photography is kinda her hobby, which is fine), kissing them and so on. I am one of 6 children and my brother already has two children of his own (5m, 4f) so there were and are plenty of children in her life. But, since she is merely interested in small baby's, she and my dad quickly lose interest in the children from a certain age. Maybe around the time they go to school. My parents then only feed, dress and house the children and deem it enough. No words of endearment or affirmation are ever heard again. Of course, as teenagers, we called them out on that. Exclaiming how they never ask uns how we do, we never talk around dinner table how our day was. Their excuse: they find it bothersome to ask us every day how we are. Which was never our goal (all we wanted was for them to ask us how we are every once in a while) but they always have the same pattern of excuse: drawing the argument completely out of proportion to make it sound ridiculous in their ears. According to my mother, if they didn't take an interest in my siblings from the age of 6, the time we went to school, then she would have given all of us up for adoption. See? Completely out of proportion. We called them out on how they never say "I am proud of you" or "I love you". Their answer: of course we do love you/of course we are proud of you. Yet they never say or show it. We just "have to know". This continued all my life. 8 years studying in university, no "How are you?". 1 year studying abroad as an exchange student, no "How is it going?". Now I live with my husband in a different country (in Europe) for 3 years and they never shown any interest in my life. Or my husband for that matter. Never send him a Happy Birthday text. Last year, even I didn't get a Happy Birthday text. They also never visit. Not ever. Whereas I try to show interest by calling on their birthdays, visiting for Christmas etc. I am used to this general lack of interest by now and don't mind it, as long as it keeps the piece.
Side info: yes they do have a smartphone and the whole family has different group chats on a messenger app. They could easily text (which they often do concerning my niece and nephew), call or even video chat, like I did last week because it was my dad's birthday and I couldn't travel the 300km each way while heavily pregnant.
But what did upset me was that although my parents never bothered to ask how my pregnancy is going or how my baby is doing, suddenly, with the birth coming closer and closer, they are so excited to come and see the baby. Mind you, they never even asked for the baby's name and wouldn't know till today if my sister didn't say it by accident when she visited for a birthday. I did send every ultrasound picture in the family group chat (also for my siblings to see), send them info's about my baby's health or send videos showing how the baby moves inside my belly. These were all met with a simple thumps up or heart emoji. No further questions. Nothing for 9 months. Due to the lack of interest, I stopped at some point. The only information my mother send me during this whole pregnancy was that she bought a number of photo albums for her grandkids. She has some for my niece and nephew already and bought 4 more. One for my baby when it is born and three more so I could give her 3 more grand babies. I was upset by this as I was hoping she would show some general interest in me or my baby, not just her wish to have a full album of photos or a wagon load of grandbabys. This went along with her demand "And I want lots of pictures of the baby when it's born" as if she is entitled to them.
She had other demands during my pregnancy, like letting me know she is gonna do some hand- and footprints of the baby when they visit. And she would do some for me as well since she still has the paint to do it from when my niece and nephew were born. Like I couldn't make some prints myself. Also, she let me know that she is gonna buy lipstick, put it on herself and kiss my newborn all over her face to take a cute picture showing how much her grandma loves her new grand baby. She never wears makeup and has no clue what good brands are. She would buy some cheap lipstick and use it. All of these things (and more) were not questions, they were demands! I usually ignored them since they caused a lot of stress for me, thinking about how she going to do all that to my baby. I admit I should've said something earlier and I fully take responsibility for that.
My parents also never asked us when they could come visit. I am very fortunate that my husband gets to have a full month off of work when the baby comes but we are also in the midst of moving into a bigger apartment so that the baby will have a room of her own. We are expecting end of June although the baby could also decide to come early July. Who knows? Yet the month of July will be our busiest month, taking care of a newborn, growing together as a family and moving. What sparked the heated discussion now was a voice mail from my mom, exclaiming they decided they want to come mid July to see the baby. In her mind, I already would have had 2 to maybe 3 weeks after birth and they would wanna see the baby as long as it is still tiny and cute. I was livid since first of all, they never asked us when they could visit my whole pregnancy, simply stating a fact again and second of all, they only want to see my baby when it's tiny and cute? So it only matters to them when it's fresh out of the womb? I talked to my husband and we decided to calmly let them know that July wouldn't work for us and maybe they could come in August, when the baby is a bit older and the move is done. She went ballistic, sending me a 50 mins (!!) voice mail saying they couldn't come on August since they made other plans (like a doctor's appointment - for real!) and the baby would already be so grown then. My mother said that since babys grow so fast, I would strip them of the moment to see the baby so small. A moment they will never get back. Another strategy she always uses: making us the villains and making us feel bad. She also started to cry and, when the discussion goes nowhere, shuts down and literally runs away. It has always been that way. So that discussion went nowhere.
Since my mother is "baby crazy" I did see a number of times how she always wants to hold and cuddle baby's. And I know she will want to do that with my baby too which in itself is a not a problem for me. But I also know that the baby is the only reason they come. They will focus only on the baby, not bothering with my husband and me. They will come into the apartment, head straight for the crib and take my baby. Doesn't matter if the baby is sleeping or what. Since I know how my mother is, I started to get anxiety early in the pregnancy. A fear she is gonna take away my child. Not giving it back when I say so. Not giving it back when it's time to feed.
I also told her that I don't feel comfortable knowing she is gonna take my baby away from me to cuddle and kiss. In her 50 mins tirade she first said "Of course we come to see and cuddle the baby, that's what we come for in the first place" (thanks mom for wanting to see me btw). Later she went a step back and said she would not take my baby out of the crib when it sleeps. Probably because she feared I would forbid her from seeing the baby all together. But later she again said that they do wanna come and hold the baby and if they couldn't, then they wouldn't come all the way. Only to later again say of course she will give the baby to me when I ask. Also she said that she wouldn't want to come just to see the baby from afar when it sleeps. But then stating that she would be fine to just get a glimpse of it. But then also saying that she is only there for 2-3 days and wants to hold it as long as possible in that short time and "you can have it back when we leave". She literally said that it belongs to me again when they leave. Like what? Like it only belongs to you when you are here?? All these mixed signals made me even more anxious.
All in all my husband and I know that she has difficulties differentiating the baby as not her baby. It is my husband's and my baby but she seems to forget that and believe it to be hers.
She is the type of woman that says "mother knows best" and would argue with me how the baby is so comfortable right now while cuddling her when I tell her to give me my baby back. Also, she openly said that since July is so busy for us, she would take care of my baby while my husband and I can do the heavy lifting when moving or that I "will have time to do chores". I hate people who believe the only way of helping a new mother is by taking the newborn out of the her arms to cuddle while the mother "finally" gets to do the housework. It makes me furious.
So, we did what we had to and directly told them when it would be a good time for us to have them over (last week of July, to make a compromise) and we put our foot down and set the following rules: #1: no baby holding unless asked or given to. #2: no photos taken unasked or even shared on social media. #3: no hand- or footprints done when not asked, no lipstick kissing photos. #4: if they want to take part in my baby's life, they need to come to me and ask for information, photos or videos. Not the other way around.
We thought these rules were not too extreme and would give me a piece of mind, soften my anxiety. Since telling her our rules she only gave us the silent treatment. I know she is mad that she doesn't get it her way. I know she must be crying, which makes my dad livid (from my sister who's still living with my parents I know that my dad supports her in every decision she made about my baby).
I am easy to guilt trip. And now I am wondering if we did something wrong.
submitted by FinalFantasy_Nerd
to TrueOffMyChest [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 06:28 _billy_the_kid 22 [M4F] [chat] New Zealand/Anywhere Escape to New Zealand and Start a Family?
Do you ever get that itching feeling, like you should be doing more? I have, I’m not sure what it is, but recently there’s this longing to become a father, to have a family of our own.
Let’s do it right, let me take you out for ice skating and pizza, let’s really make a connection and maybe, just maybe everything will be perfect and we can scratch that itch…
I’m M, 22 and 6ft 6 / 197cm.
I’m easy going and love sport, the outdoors, painting, music, and chilling at home.
I can play 3 instruments - bonus points if you can guess which ones.
I’ve got a B Sci and I’m currently studying a Dip Mech Eng, I used to be a head brewer for a small-medium sized brewery so I love nerding out about science, beer and how things work.
submitted by _billy_the_kid
to MeetPeople [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 06:28 DildoShwa66ins I (37M) have some paternal instincts kicking in and now confused on whether I should be staying with my so (42F) or not
Hello all 👋
37M here and I would say that I am a pretty ‘normal’ guy as far as things go. No kids and was generally never really that into them/ been fussed about having my own.
I have been with my current partner for 7 years, someone who I love dearly and could absolutely see spending the rest of my life with as we get on in so many ways. She has a daughter that has always lived with us and despite what I have just said we have always had a great relationship and she is genuinely a great kid and someone who I would be proud to say is my own.
However the past 7 years have flown by and she is now 21 years old with a little boy of her own who is now 1 years old.
Over the years I have had multiple family members who are close to me, have children of their own and I have held babies and been around the experience of it all a fair number of times but I have also been one of those people who just never ever ever felt/ saw that love and magic that is within children and what comes with it.
Fast forward to around one ago when little Felix arrives and the first two - three weeks I didn’t even hold him! Partly because Angela was a new mum and still young herself and so I just held back and let her do her thing.
Then by the third week something strange started happening, I couldn’t hold back any more, I just wanted to hold him so bad, never in my life had I experienced this before!! Usually when I have a baby I am looking forward to handling it back and that of course is nothing personal to any particular baby out there lol.
So this one night I ask to hold him and as soon as this little fella is placed into my lap he stares directly up to me with the most gorgeous deep blue eyes that I had ever seen before and this deep sense of warmness then begins to take over and almost overwhelm me.
As the next few months carried on we of course began to grow a great bond and the love and intense feelings I began feeling for this little guy were something that I had never experienced before. Almost like when you are a teenager and first experience the deep romantic feelings for another for the first time .. I guess something like that but on the unconditional level. There have been multiple times when we have been sat on the living floor playing with his truck and putting blocks into it and he just stops and looks up into my eyes. No smile, no frown, just complete neutrality that exhumes this pureness and completely exposes just how innocent and darn right cute the little bugger is. It is these moments that pull on my heart strings so damn hard that I can’t even look at him for too long without tearing up. I’m talking 4/5 seconds max and that’s it I have to get out of there and get my mind away from the situation.
This is really starting to become a problem because I want to be able to just sit there and stare back into his eyes and talk to him and engage but I just can’t handle it a lot of the time and I have to get myself out of there for a few minutes to save embarrassment in front of the little dude and also other family members who may think I am weird.
I’m not even 100% sure what is going on through my mind when these moments occur. I think it’s just down to the fact that I think he really is super cute and is also becoming such a nice little person who is so kind. I also believe that it is because this whole experience and the love that I have been feeling has been quite a shock to me as the idea of fatherhood never came natural to me. However this is now beginning to lead into conflicting thoughts such as wondering if having my own children is something that I will one day regret not doing?
The truth is that it was little Felix who looked into my eyes that night and unlocked something truly magical.. It was like I absolutely f**king get it now and I can totally see the magic in what having children is all about and why people say that despite all of the hardships, that it is still the best thing in the world. I even feel like a bit of a dumbass for not seeing it until so late in life and truly feel like I have missed out on something. I see young couples in their twenties with two/three kids and I am envious that by the time they are my age they could have a bunch of teenagers for kids and potentially get to experience having grandchildren at a young age themselves.
This conflicts my emotions and my head about everything again because the last thing that I want to do here is come off as ungrateful with having the amazing things that I already do have in life and ofcourse never seeing my partner and little Felix again would be an extremely tragic thing to experience.
I also can’t shake the feelings how much I would love to see my own parents play with my children and have them experience seeing me with the next generation of our family. They are both getting older and neither are in the best of health and so I can not help but admit that it does sadden me to think that this may one day never happen… something else that I have never considered until now in life. I have been truly lucky to have been blessed with having the best of parents in life and for them to see my children would be a dream come true for them and that does sadden me also I have to admit.
I am not even sure what I am looking for here but if you have read this far and find any of this interesting at all and would like to give your two cents then please feel free to say what ever you like.
Thank you & kindest regards
submitted by DildoShwa66ins
to relationship_advice [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 06:28 dizztheteacher the only thing that has ever worked!
posting this here in hopes of helping someone.
compared to some, my eczema is pretty mild. I have it mostly on my inner elbow area on both arms, a small patch on my neck and some under my right armpit occasionally. even though it's not all over, this past year it's been the worst it's ever been.
I've tried changing my diet, topical creams, lotions, soaps, tinctures, probiotics—literally everything (except steroids because no thank you) and nothing has worked. Up until I discovered Tiger Balm
After first applying it, I'll be honest, the burn was excruciating. To the point where I wouldn't recommend it for everyone, or at least don't put it on too large an area at one time because it's very painful. Like debilitating. But, after the burn subsides the itch was completely gone! I could actually sleep peacefully for once and didn't scratch at all during the night.
It has given me so much relief I can't even describe how thankful I am. My skin has started to heal and peel and my arm actually feels like normal skin again. If you're brave I would recommend it. If you have a low pain tolerance you might want to take a Tylenol 30 minutes before applying. Yes, it's that bad. But the healing is worth it, I promise. And it burns less and less as your skin heals. After the 5th day it was more of a tingly discomfort. I hope this helps someone!
submitted by dizztheteacher
to eczema [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 06:28 nadm1d chest detector not working?
Im playing on xbox, i have 2 issues if anyone has had a similar experience : 1) im not getting achievement despite completing them
2) i have 2 chests left to find, and the freaking chest detector does not work
Any solution or should i just wait for an update?
submitted by nadm1d
to supraland [link] [comments]
2023.05.30 06:28 christmasraybans Loyola-Marymount or Northeastern?
I have full ride scholarships to both, although Loyola’s is conditional. I intend to work as a prosecutor but am not sure what part of the country I wanna practice in, although I wouldn’t mind working in SoCal or New England. One of the biggest factors for me is honesty the social environment of both schools and their cities, as I am fresh out of a toxic long-term relationship that cut me off from most of my friendships. I am looking for a clean start and fresh chapter in my life when I start school in August. Any advice or insight is appreciated.
submitted by christmasraybans
to lawschooladmissions [link] [comments]